PDA

View Full Version : Poop Some idiot stole our box

Nzoner
10-29-2008, 05:19 PM
So our company was doing a promotion for our 18th Anniversary in which we set entry boxes up in 18 local businesses for consumers to cut forms out of our publication and take to the boxes for a chance to win an $18 GC to that business and then a chance to win either $1000,$500 or $300 after all entries from all boxes had been combined.

So the mrs and I stop in at one of our tanning clients to do their drawing and get their box and it's gone.Come to find out some idiot had walked in yesterday and used our company name yadda yadda and walked out with the box of entries.

Funny thing,this client has video cameras in his front reception area and we got the guy on video so we're getting a copy tomorrow to take to the news.We also filed a police report etc. and local tv is reporting tonight that if anyone calls you saying you've won $1000 or other from our company it's a hoax.

Can't wait to see how this one turns out but we've had to postpone our drawing until we find out because it's simply not fair to those consumers who registered at that particular business.

So here we are trying to help with some spare cash in this economy and some idiot steals a box full of names and phone #'s. :shake:

Bugeater
10-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Evidently Midnight_Douchbag moved to St Joseph.

10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
I fail to to see the point of him stealing the box. It doesn't make any sense. How does it benefit him at all?

chasedude
10-29-2008, 05:25 PM
when you find the guy make him stand if front of the business with a sign that says "I'm an Idiot"

10-29-2008, 05:26 PM
when you find the guy make him stand if front of the business with a sign that says "I'm and Idiot"FYP

chasedude
10-29-2008, 05:27 PM
heh, forgot to throw in the Planet version of it

Zebedee DuBois
10-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I thought this might be a Hobo Housing crisis type of story.

..but this was a good story, too.

Nzoner
10-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I fail to to see the point of him stealing the box. It doesn't make any sense. How does it benefit him at all?

We've been wondering the same thing,possibly a competitor thinking it would somehow make us look bad :shrug:

Demonpenz
10-29-2008, 05:31 PM
raiders fans :(

Buck
10-29-2008, 05:34 PM
raiders fans :(

Where can I get one of those cool coins?

OnTheWarpath15
10-29-2008, 05:35 PM

The only thing I can think of is he might be looking to use the name/numbers in some sort of phishing scam?

Al Bundy
10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Skip Towne what are you doing at Tanning Salons in St. Joe?

10-29-2008, 05:40 PM
The only thing I can think of is he might be looking to use the name/numbers in some sort of phishing scam?That is really the only thing that makes any sense at all.

Rain Man
10-29-2008, 05:48 PM
We've been wondering the same thing,possibly a competitor thinking it would somehow make us look bad :shrug:

Maybe it's a stupid person who thinks that he'll be more likely to win the $1,000 if he has a box full of tickets.

Seriously.

Phobia
10-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Skip Towne what are you doing at Tanning Salons in St. Joe?

Getting a massage?

Bugeater
10-29-2008, 06:11 PM

Some people steal shit just for the sake of stealing it.

Buzzsaw
10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Those handwritten leads go for $5 each. People don't remember what they signed up for so those are gold for anyone working in phone sales/telemarketing.

FAX
10-29-2008, 06:39 PM
So our company was doing a promotion for our 18th Anniversary in which we set entry boxes up in 18 local businesses for consumers to cut forms out of our publication and take to the boxes for a chance to win an $18 GC to that business and then a chance to win either $1000,$500 or $300 after all entries from all boxes had been combined.

So the mrs and I stop in at one of our tanning clients to do their drawing and get their box and it's gone.Come to find out some idiot had walked in yesterday and used our company name yadda yadda and walked out with the box of entries.

Funny thing,this client has video cameras in his front reception area and we got the guy on video so we're getting a copy tomorrow to take to the news.We also filed a police report etc. and local tv is reporting tonight that if anyone calls you saying you've won $1000 or other from our company it's a hoax.

Can't wait to see how this one turns out but we've had to postpone our drawing until we find out because it's simply not fair to those consumers who registered at that particular business.

So here we are trying to help with some spare cash in this economy and some idiot steals a box full of names and phone #'s. :shake:

Damn. That's horrible, Mr. Nzoner. I hope it doesn't cause problems with the other merchants involved. Damn.

FAX

redfan
10-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Cocaine's a helluva drug, man. :shrug:

Braincase
10-29-2008, 07:18 PM
I hope it gets returned to you soon, and not gift-wrapped and being delivered by Justin TImberlake.

MIAdragon
10-29-2008, 07:48 PM
when you find the guy make him stand if front of the business with a sign that says "I and Idiot"

FYP

Nzoner
10-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Damn. That's horrible, Mr. Nzoner. I hope it doesn't cause problems with the other merchants involved. Damn.

FAX

Nah,no problems there,I just got back from the local tv station though and they're running a story on it tonight,hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh im sorry NZoner,

Ill return the box asap. My bad.....

StcChief
10-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Evidently Midnight_Douchbag moved to St Joseph.it's too cold and roads aren't quite up to smooth ATL assfault.
isn't he road pizza yet?

tooge
10-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Why do other people feel the need to jack with other peoples stuff.