PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Im alrdeay looking at Mock Drafts

journeyscarab
10-30-2008, 08:30 PM
The " experts " say we will have the third pick in the draft. We would either get Stafford, Bradford, or Larinitis. Who would you rather have?

Mecca
10-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Quick tip there man...if we have the 3rd pick we won't be getting any of them cause the Lions are ahead of us and will take Stafford the other 2 aren't worth the pick and on top of it Bradford likely won't come out anyway.

journeyscarab
10-30-2008, 08:33 PM
yes, the lions may get stafford..but if Tebow comes out..what happens, hell Colt McCoy could come out also

smittysbar
10-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Quick tip there man...if we have the 3rd pick we won't be getting any of them cause the Lions are ahead of us and will take Stafford the other 2 aren't worth the pick and on top of it Bradford likely won't come out anyway.

Mecca who do you see as top 10 thus far. Maybe one with Jr.'s coming out, and one with no Jr.'s, or if you don't want to, that's fine too.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 08:34 PM
yes, the lions may get stafford..but if Tebow comes out..what happens, hell Colt McCoy could come out also

Tebow is not a good NFL prospect.....and McCoy really isn't either and he has pretty much said he's not coming out..

After Stafford there's a giant dropoff at QB...the only other guy who'll get a good grade is Sanchez and he isn't likely to come out either.

journeyscarab
10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
you havnt heard of Graham Harrell have you?

Mecca
10-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Mecca who do you see as top 10 thus far. Maybe one with Jr.'s coming out, and one with no Jr.'s, or if you don't want to, that's fine too.

I'll do one with guys I expect to come out....this is in no particular order.

Matt Stafford
Michael Oher
Andre Smith
Eugene Monroe
Vontae Davis
Malcolm Jenkins
Michael Johnson
Brian Orakpo
Taylor Mays
Ray Maualuga

Mecca
10-30-2008, 08:38 PM

He plays for Texas Tech..he's not big.....he doesn't have NFL tools.

You do know there is more than stats to projecting guys to the next level yes?

Reerun_KC
10-30-2008, 08:38 PM
you havnt heard of Graham Harrell have you?ROFL

Name me one QB under Leach from TT that has made any impact in the NFL?

Mecca
10-30-2008, 08:39 PM
ROFL

Name me one QB under Leach from TT that has made any impact in the NFL?

I'd never draft a spread QB.....you know that's a good debate.

Someone give me a QB, or for that matter a good productive NFL offensive player from the spread offense...it's difficult to do.

Micjones
10-30-2008, 08:40 PM
I'd definitely want Stafford of that bunch.

chiefs1111
10-30-2008, 08:44 PM
I'd definitely want Stafford of that bunch.

Yeah,well for that to happen the Chiefs need to keep losing and the Lions need to win a couple games so we can get the first pick. If the Lions get the first pick they would almost certainly take Stafford. To bad Millen isn't still with the Lions though,cause he would be dumb enough to take Crabtree number one if he was,lol.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh by the way if anyone takes James Laurenitis with a top 10 pick I will laugh at them.

duncan_idaho
10-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh by the way if anyone takes James Laurenitis with a top 10 pick I will laugh at them.

There's something we can agree on re: this draft, at least.

Oher and Jones both have Pro-Bowl potential.

And honestly, if Bradford is advised not to come out, he's getting bad advice. Oklahoma loses a ton of talent - skill position and OL - offensively. It's hard to imagine Bradford looking better next season than he does this year. If Bradford stays in, I think he's going to look back at it like Matt Leinart and wish he had taken the money when he had the chance...

sedated
10-30-2008, 09:11 PM

wtf?

ROFL

this cannot be serious

kstater
10-30-2008, 09:13 PM
wtf?

ROFL

this cannot be serious

I know, everybody knows it should be Daniel at #3.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
There's something we can agree on re: this draft, at least.

Oher and Jones both have Pro-Bowl potential.

And honestly, if Bradford is advised not to come out, he's getting bad advice. Oklahoma loses a ton of talent - skill position and OL - offensively. It's hard to imagine Bradford looking better next season than he does this year. If Bradford stays in, I think he's going to look back at it like Matt Leinart and wish he had taken the money when he had the chance...

I don't think scouts are going to have a very nice view of Bradford whenever he comes out. He may stay 4 years just for that reason, I think he's much more well thought of in fan circles than he is in NFL ones.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2008, 10:13 PM

Yep, but I bet he will go too high (probably before the 20th pick).

Same goes for Brian Cushing. The guy's gonna look like a monster at the Combines and somebody's gonna fall in love with him and take him too early. But he really shouldn't go until the mid-second round at the earliest.

Mecca
10-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I think Cushing will be a better NFL player than Laurenitis, Cushings problem is he tends to get hurt, he's tough as hell and will generally play with the injuries but he still gets them.

Sam Hall
10-30-2008, 10:36 PM
I would hope Cincinnati gets the top pick instead of Detroit. If KC doesn't have the top pick, than I think they should seriously consider trading down for Michael Johnson or one of the offensive tackles.

Buehler445
10-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Hey Mecca, is Rey Rey's knee back to good?

10-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Quick tip there man...if we have the 3rd pick we won't be getting any of them cause the Lions are ahead of us and will take Stafford the other 2 aren't worth the pick and on top of it Bradford likely won't come out anyway.Something I can agree with. With the Lions in the picture that screws things up for the Chiefs. We need to root for them to win.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2008, 11:07 PM

Someone give me a QB, or for that matter a good productive NFL offensive player from the spread offense...it's difficult to do.

Drew Brees. Nick Hardwick, Matt Light, Kyle Orton, Steve Slaton, Chris Henry (WR).

bigbucks24
10-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Drew Brees. Nick Hardwick, Matt Light, Kyle Orton, Steve Slaton, Chris Henry (WR).

Dang it. I was going to say Drew Brees and Kyle Orton. Dustin Keller, though it's pretty early to say he is a productive NFL player yet. I do notice that both Brees and Orton took awhile to become productive at the NFL level. In fact, both teams drafted another QB because they didn't think either one was going to develope. Was it the adjustment to the NFL game that delayed their development?

HolmeZz
10-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Stafford.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-31-2008, 12:39 AM
Dang it. I was going to say Drew Brees and Kyle Orton. Dustin Keller, though it's pretty early to say he is a productive NFL player yet. I do notice that both Brees and Orton took awhile to become productive at the NFL level. In fact, both teams drafted another QB because they didn't think either one was going to develope. Was it the adjustment to the NFL game that delayed their development?

I'm gonna go with the fact that it generally takes 3-4 years for a QB to fully "get it", but their development will be somewhat slowed by moving from the spread to a pro offense.

Orton wasn't helped by the fact that Lovie Smith kept dragging out piece of shit Rex Grossman, either.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-31-2008, 12:40 AM
I would hope Cincinnati gets the top pick instead of Detroit. If KC doesn't have the top pick, than I think they should seriously consider trading down for Michael Johnson or one of the offensive tackles.

You should absolutely not wish for this, because they will just auction it off to the highest bidder. We need to finish ahead of both teams.

POND_OF_RED
10-31-2008, 02:16 AM

Ben Roethlisberger is the only one I can think of. He also has the size (6'-5")advantage that most spread QB's don't.

CrazyPhuD
10-31-2008, 02:39 AM
BPA no doubt...we need the best punter available.

beach tribe
10-31-2008, 07:19 AM
Ben Roethlisberger is the only one I can think of. He also has the size (6'-5")advantage that most spread QB's don't.

If Roethlisberger was in fact a spread QB in college, that makes two of the best QBs in the league from spread offenses. Not that I'm making a case for draftin one because I'm not.

Carolina's new nunning back Jonathan Stewart is looking good too. I remember some were hesitant about him because he was a spread player.

I'm telling you guys though, the spread is coming to the NFL.......believe it.

Sully
10-31-2008, 07:43 AM
If Roethlisberger was in fact a spread QB in college, that makes two of the best QBs in the league from spread offenses. Not that I'm making a case for draftin one because I'm not.

Carolina's new nunning back Jonathan Stewart is looking good too. I remember some were hesitant about him because he was a spread player.

I'm telling you guys though, the spread is coming to the NFL.......believe it.

The spread, as it's run in college, will never work in the NFL.
The offense relies pretty heavily on draw plays and the QB read-option. D-linemen are far to quick for those to work consistently. The one thing you need in the NFL (typically) is a running game. The Pats have proven that you don't need to completely rely on a running game, but I think you need something with even a little it of power to make an offense work.

Sam Hall
10-31-2008, 07:55 AM
You should absolutely not wish for this, because they will just auction it off to the highest bidder. We need to finish ahead of both teams.

I don't like the Bengals' chances of winning at Arrowhead.

beach tribe
10-31-2008, 07:55 AM
The spread, as it's run in college, will never work in the NFL.
The offense relies pretty heavily on draw plays and the QB read-option. D-linemen are far to quick for those to work consistently. The one thing you need in the NFL (typically) is a running game. The Pats have proven that you don't need to completely rely on a running game, but I think you need something with even a little it of power to make an offense work.

I agree. I don't ever think it's going to be run the way it is in college, BUT there is going to be a hybrid variation of it that is goint to be used by a lot of teams, that is going to render these college QBs more prepared for the pro game, and I think scoring is going to go through the roof because of it. We're probably a half decade away from it though.

angelo
10-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Does maualuga have character issues.

On one draft sight that mentioned it briefly.

Also what is the knock on Laurenitus sp?

Ang

El Jefe
10-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Does maualuga have character issues.

On one draft sight that mentioned it briefly.

Ang

MECCA is a TOSU hater, he always has been. JL is a beast and I would take him in the top 10, I wouldn't pick him where we will pick though, I think that is too high for any LB. JL is a very very smart player, he hits hard, very good when blitzing, and also very very good in coverage. He dropped a few lbs this year and I have not seen him get beat in man-man coverage. He has been up against Beckum from Wisconsin and he did great.

BigCatDaddy
10-31-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't think scouts are going to have a very nice view of Bradford whenever he comes out. He may stay 4 years just for that reason, I think he's much more well thought of in fan circles than he is in NFL ones.

I think it was Todd McShay that had him as the #1 rated player if he comes out.

BigCatDaddy
10-31-2008, 08:37 AM

You do know there is more than stats to projecting guys to the next level yes?

Harrell was actually a very highly rated HS QB coming out compared to the other guys TT has had in the past. He is the best QB suited for the NFL TT has had and believe the other guys were drafted in rounds 5-7, so Harrell will probably be a 3rd rounder.

duncan_idaho
10-31-2008, 08:45 AM
I think we're going to see more and more players from the spread in the NFL, as the spread gains steam and popularity in college. Already from this draft, there are a few spread running backs having pretty good success in Steve Slaton and Stewart.

Brees, Orton and Roethlisberger are the obvious spread guys starting at QB, but they won't be alone forever. Kellen Clemens is going to eventually start in New York and looks like he will be pretty good. Kevin Kolb looks like a future starter somewhere.

I think it is possible that a spread QB can take longer to adjust (case-by-case basis, depends on the individual, in my opinion), but I think the main reason there aren't a lot of spread QBs in the NFL is that the spread is still a fairly new trend in college football (that has mostly served as an equalizer to this point and only recently has been adopted by some bigger schools. Xs and Os vs. Jimmy and Joes). Most college spread QBs so far have been guys who had size/arm strength limitations or who were run-first. Now, you're starting to see guys more who have NFL size and arm strength enter spread offenses... which will lead to more spread QBs eventually making it in the NFL. The same can be said of running backs, wide receivers, etc.

duncan_idaho
10-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post

Harrell was actually a very highly rated HS QB coming out compared to the other guys TT has had in the past. He is the best QB suited for the NFL TT has had and believe the other guys were drafted in rounds 5-7, so Harrell will probably be a 3rd rounder.

Harrell needs to add some weight and get a little stronger, but he has adequate height (6'3").

He's not the typical Texas Tech QB. Much better NFL tools (aka height and arm strength) than Kingsbury or Symons, etc, etc. Don't know if he'll ever be a starter, but he'll get drafted in 3 or 4 and probably be a solid backup.

Chiefnj2
10-31-2008, 09:05 AM

Ang

He doesn't have "ideal" size and he probably won't blow people away with his workout numbers. He's an old school type LB. Somewhat similar to Penn State LBs who fell in the draft in recent years. Although Laurenaits (sp?) should go in the middle of the first.

talastan
10-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Orakpo if Stafford isn't there. Get the pass rush back with him and Dorsey on the same side of the line. Brian Orakpo is going to be a beast. His stats for this season are already great. JMO Though.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-31-2008, 09:55 AM
i was looking at mock draft since the home opener

milkman
10-31-2008, 09:35 PM
i was looking at mock draft since the home opener

As I read the title and the subject matter, I thought, is this guy for real?

I mean, we've been talking about the next draft, and the mocks that are already out there for a month and a half/2 months, and he acts like he's running ahead of us.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Harrell needs to add some weight and get a little stronger, but he has adequate height (6'3").

He's not the typical Texas Tech QB. Much better NFL tools (aka height and arm strength) than Kingsbury or Symons, etc, etc. Don't know if he'll ever be a starter, but he'll get drafted in 3 or 4 and probably be a solid backup.

I guarantee he will not measure anywhere close to 6'3" at the combine, and even then, he's barely over 200 lbs. He also comes from an offensive system that makes it very hard to transition, and nothing in that O shows off his arm strength or lack thereof, so that is pure supposition.

Smed1065
10-31-2008, 09:49 PM

Matt Stafford
Michael Oher
Andre Smith
Eugene Monroe
Vontae Davis
Malcolm Jenkins
Michael Johnson
Brian Orakpo
Taylor Mays
Ray Maualuga

Oher is bad, considering no QB left in top 2?

Mecca
10-31-2008, 10:15 PM
I agree. I don't ever think it's going to be run the way it is in college, BUT there is going to be a hybrid variation of it that is goint to be used by a lot of teams, that is going to render these college QBs more prepared for the pro game, and I think scoring is going to go through the roof because of it. We're probably a half decade away from it though.

There's already been a version of the spread in the NFL, it was called the run and shoot.

When people say NE is using principles of the spread, they were playing run and shoot...

Mecca
10-31-2008, 10:15 PM
MECCA is a TOSU hater, he always has been. JL is a beast and I would take him in the top 10, I wouldn't pick him where we will pick though, I think that is too high for any LB. JL is a very very smart player, he hits hard, very good when blitzing, and also very very good in coverage. He dropped a few lbs this year and I have not seen him get beat in man-man coverage. He has been up against Beckum from Wisconsin and he did great.

I'm a hater because I don't think MLB's are worth top 10 picks, especially ones that aren't overly fast, or big, or athletic...

beach tribe
11-01-2008, 12:50 AM
There's already been a version of the spread in the NFL, it was called the run and shoot.

When people say NE is using principles of the spread, they were playing run and shoot...

It's evolving from the old falcons Jeff George run n shooot, but I was going to mention the run and shoot earlier.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm a hater because I don't think MLB's are worth top 10 picks, especially ones that aren't overly fast, or big, or athletic...

The only thing that JL is missing is the word "Bust" on the back of his jersey.

He is NOT Brian Urlacher.

He's probably Andy Katzenmoyer or Dan Morgan.

Mecca
11-01-2008, 12:56 AM

To me the thing that is telling about his size is there's a picture of him with Maualuga and Cushing and they literally make him look he's half their size.

Not to mention he isn't that fast, he makes tackles down the field, I just don't see where he's a top NFL prospect.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2008, 12:58 AM
To me the thing that is telling about his size is there's a picture of him with Maualuga and Cushing and they literally make him look he's half their size.

Not to mention he isn't that fast, he makes tackles down the field, I just don't see where he's a top NFL prospect.

He's not.

beach tribe
11-01-2008, 12:58 AM

I've watched him play, and just didn't understand what the hoopla was all about. He didn't really even stand out to me.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2008, 01:00 AM
I've watched him play, and just didn't understand what the hoopla was all about. He didn't really even stand out to me.

He's Mike Maslowski

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-01-2008, 01:10 AM

I just think it's the oddity factor of his last name. I think that is a big contributor. I can't stand the guy as an NFL prospect.

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2008, 02:02 AM
If we take a mother f'ing MLB that high it better be Maualuga, if we take JL the Chiefs are the most stupid organization in the NFL.

milkman
11-01-2008, 05:02 AM

To be fair, Dan Morgan played really well when he was healthy.
He just couldn't stay healthy.

mylittlepony
11-01-2008, 07:15 AM

Matt Stafford
Michael Oher
Andre Smith
Eugene Monroe
Vontae Davis
Malcolm Jenkins
Michael Johnson
Brian Orakpo
Taylor Mays
Ray Maualuga

Once Michael Crabtree beats up the Texas D on national TV with his run after catch he will surely break into the top 10. He is a big time playmaker and he shows up in the biggest games.

EyePod
11-01-2008, 09:31 AM

No way. I'm calling it now. Lions take Crabtree and shock the world again by taking YET ANOTHER RECEIVER!!!

milkman
11-01-2008, 09:34 AM
No way. I'm calling it now. Lions take Crabtree and shock the world again by taking YET ANOTHER RECEIVER!!!

Breaking news!!

Matt Millen was fired.

KChiefs1
11-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Michael Oher (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/Michael-Oher)
Ht/Wt: 6-5/320 lbs
Position:OT
Drafted From:Mississippi
Class:Senior

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl/Detroit.gif
Matt Stafford (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/Matt-Stafford)
Ht/Wt: 6-3/237 lbs
Position:QB
Drafted From:Georgia
Class:Junior

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl/Kansas%20City.gif
Sam Bradford (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/Sam-Bradford)
Ht/Wt: 6-4/220 lbs
Position:QB
Drafted From:Oklahoma
Class:Sophmore

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl/San%20Francisco.gif
Eugene Monroe (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/Eugene-Monroe)
Ht/Wt: 6-6/310 lbs
Drafted From:Virginia

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl/Oakland.gif
Michael Johnson (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/Michael-Johnson)
Ht/Wt: 6-7/260 lbs
Position:DE
Drafted From:Georgia Tech

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl/Seattle.gif
Michael Crabtree (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/Michael-Crabtree)
Ht/Wt: 6-3/210 lbs
Position:WR
Drafted From:Texas Tech

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl/St.%20Louis.gif
Andre Smith (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/Andre-Smith)
Ht/Wt: 6-5/340 lbs
Drafted From:Alabama

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl/San%20Diego.gif
George Selvie (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/George-Selvie)
Ht/Wt: 6-4/245 lbs
Drafted From:South Florida

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl/Houston.gif
Brian Orakpo (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/Brian-Orakpo)
Ht/Wt: 6-4/260 lbs
Drafted From:Texas

http://www.mynfldraft.com/nfl/Jacksonville.gif
James Laurinaitis (http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2009/James-Laurinaitis)
Ht/Wt: 6-3/240 lbs
Position:ILB
Drafted From:Ohio State

BigMeatballDave
11-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Oh by the way if anyone takes James Laurenitis with a top 10 pick I will laugh at them.I agree, he's a fraud.

Mecca
11-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Once Michael Crabtree beats up the Texas D on national TV with his run after catch he will surely break into the top 10. He is a big time playmaker and he shows up in the biggest games.

I expect him to get major questions, he's not overly fast and he's in the Tech offense.....some teams will say he's not fast enough and a WR with any questions will drop a bit.

And yes Dan Morgan was way more physically gifted than Laurenitis.

KCFalcon59
11-01-2008, 01:12 PM
If we take a mother f'ing MLB that high it better be Maualuga, if we take JL the Chiefs are the most stupid organization in the NFL.

Aren't they already???