PDA

View Full Version : Misc Nasty little fugger

Mr. Plow
10-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Found this in my window well this morning......Happy Halloween!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/HutchJayhawk/DSC08250.jpg

The Franchise
10-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Hello breakfast!

Reerun_KC
10-31-2008, 10:10 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined) Here kitty kitty....

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7922)

MOhillbilly
10-31-2008, 10:11 AM
get em MOX!

my dog would have that things guts on the walls in seconds.

seclark
10-31-2008, 10:16 AM
get em MOX!

same here...i had to pick a dead one up in the yard a couple days ago. chewed up pretty good.
sec

Goapics1
10-31-2008, 10:19 AM
No antifreeze?

MOhillbilly
10-31-2008, 10:20 AM
same here...i had to pick a dead one up in the yard a couple days ago. chewed up pretty good.
sec

not to go one up, but moxie would eat all but the tail if id let her.

seclark
10-31-2008, 10:25 AM

not to go two up, but boscoe would have eaten the tail too. i think he was just waiting for the maggots to accumulate.
sec

beach tribe
10-31-2008, 10:26 AM
I like the combination of a possum, and a rubber mallet.

Mecca
10-31-2008, 10:27 AM
I'd rather find one of those than a big spider.

seclark
10-31-2008, 10:28 AM
STUFFED OPOSSUM

INGREDIENTS:

1 possum, whole(make sure it's really dead and not playing possum)
1 quart cold water
1/8 cup salt
5 beef bouillon cubes
2 bay leaves
3 celery stalks chopped
2 onions sliced
1 bag packaged stuffing

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Soak possum in cold salt water for 10 hours. Rinse meat in cold water and refrigerate 2-4 hours. Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Stuff possum cavity with prepared packaged stuffing. Close cavity tightly. Place stuffed possum in roasting pan, add water, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, celery and onion. After 2 hours turn meat. Reduce heat to 300 degrees. Cook for 1 more hour. Test roast, if not done reduce heat and cook until done.

MOhillbilly
10-31-2008, 10:28 AM
I like the combination of a possum, and a rubber mallet.

potato gun.

MOhillbilly
10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
STUFFED OPOSSUM

you ever tried it?

seclark
10-31-2008, 10:30 AM
you ever tried it?

not this recipe.
sec

Phobia
10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
sec

How can you be sure it was dead? Maybe it was just really good at playing 'possum.

MOhillbilly
10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
not this recipe.
sec

akin to tree rat?

seclark
10-31-2008, 10:37 AM
akin to tree rat?

more like racoon, or siamese.
sec

Iowanian
10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
A couple of years ago, a buddy of ours bought an acreage, we helped him do a lot of work to it. Had it looking pretty good. The place was in the sticks a little bit and his new inlaws(well to do city folk) were going to be coming down for a visit.....and he left town for the weekend.

My brothers went around one night, and collected a few oppossums. (shine a light on them on the road, run up and kick them, pick them up by the tail when they play dead).

They got several of them...10-15....Built a pen in his front yard with a sign that said "Oppossum Ranch" and also put signs up on the roads both ways out, as a surpise welcome for our pal and his inlaws.

I had a picture somewhere....

Mr. Plow
10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
get em MOX!

My dachshund wouldn't put up much of a fight.

RJ
10-31-2008, 10:43 AM
STUFFED OPOSSUM

INGREDIENTS:

1 possum, whole(make sure it's really dead and not playing possum)
1 quart cold water
1/8 cup salt
5 beef bouillon cubes
2 bay leaves
3 celery stalks chopped
2 onions sliced
1 bag packaged stuffing

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Soak possum in cold salt water for 10 hours. Rinse meat in cold water and refrigerate 2-4 hours. Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Stuff possum cavity with prepared packaged stuffing. Close cavity tightly. Place stuffed possum in roasting pan, add water, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, celery and onion. After 2 hours turn meat. Reduce heat to 300 degrees. Cook for 1 more hour. Test roast, if not done reduce heat and cook until done.

Might I suggest adding 1 cup apricot preserves and a dash of liquid smoke? I believe you'll appreciate the results.

Iowanian
10-31-2008, 10:44 AM
I'll bet they taste like racoon. Drain the fat off a couple of times Sec.

seclark
10-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Might I suggest adding 1 cup apricot preserves and a dash of liquid smoke? I believe you'll appreciate the results.

Thanks…you sir, are undoubtedly a opossum connoisseur.

Phobia
10-31-2008, 10:48 AM
A couple of years ago, a buddy of ours bought an acreage, we helped him do a lot of work to it. Had it looking pretty good. The place was in the sticks a little bit and his new inlaws(well to do city folk) were going to be coming down for a visit.....and he left town for the weekend.

My brothers went around one night, and collected a few oppossums. (shine a light on them on the road, run up and kick them, pick them up by the tail when they play dead).

They got several of them...10-15....Built a pen in his front yard with a sign that said "Oppossum Ranch" and also put signs up on the roads both ways out, as a surpise welcome for our pal and his inlaws.

Dude - that's a quality trick. Love it.

kstater
10-31-2008, 10:52 AM

Funny story. Buddy killed a deer a couple weeks ago. He had his nephew over to help him clean it. I thought it'd be funny to cut the tail off and throw it at the nephew. We got the deer cleaned and carcass buried. Or I thought the carcass was buried. Apparently nephew threw tail on the brush pile instead of in the hole. I let the dog out a couple of days ago, when I let her in, she comes prancing up with that tail in her mouth like she found a prize. She was proud of that tail until I threw it out.

MOhillbilly
10-31-2008, 10:54 AM

theres probably enough hunt instinct left that with some training your pup might suprise you.

MOhillbilly
10-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Funny story. Buddy killed a deer a couple weeks ago. He had his nephew over to help him clean it. I thought it'd be funny to cut the tail off and throw it at the nephew. We got the deer cleaned and carcass buried. Or I thought the carcass was buried. Apparently nephew threw tail on the brush pile instead of in the hole. I let the dog out a couple of days ago, when I let her in, she comes prancing up with that tail in her mouth like she found a prize. She was proud of that tail until I threw it out.

mox goes about 39 pounds and killed a full grown doe.

seclark
10-31-2008, 10:58 AM

i don't know...i've seen a wiener dog go after a racoon in a brush pile w/o any hesitation.
sec

RJ
10-31-2008, 10:59 AM

I am suddenly reminded of....

"Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us got together, forget it."

Iowanian
10-31-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm looking on my backup drive and can't find it...I'll email my brother for a pic.

We were pretty nervous about starting that prank war, because the retaliation could have gone way way too far.

I've always been a big fan of animal pranks...
Like High school, catching pidgeons and putting 3-4 of them inside some poor bastards unlocked car. It looked like a herd of terradactyl's had dysentary in a very short time.

Mr. Plow
10-31-2008, 11:11 AM
i don't know...i've seen a wiener dog go after a racoon in a brush pile w/o any hesitation.
sec

Oh, she'd go after it, but at the first sign of trouble she would be running for cover.

Long Duk Dong
10-31-2008, 11:15 AM
whats wrong with that?
they are actually good for your yard. They eat rodents, snails and dont carry diseases. I welcome them.

JimNasium
10-31-2008, 11:28 AM

I must admit that I'm a tad disappointed that they used proper spelling for the critters.

blueballs
10-31-2008, 11:45 AM
I hit one on those bastards a couple weeks ago
and blew out a tire
I get my moneys worth outa tires

Baby Lee
10-31-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=78884&stc=1&d=1213662848

88TG88
10-31-2008, 11:53 AM
My neighbor has a few of them living under his house. They like to pop over to our backyard for a visit.

furry bastards

Jewish Rabbi
10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
whats wrong with that?
they are actually good for your yard. They eat rodents, snails and dont carry diseases. I welcome them.

Until they start digging holes everywhere