PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I don't like the direction this team is headed

cdcox
11-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Say goodbye to Stafford and hello to Herm Edwards as the coach for the next 5+ years.

KcMizzou
11-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Meh.. I'm too much of a homer to bitch about my team playing well.

LiL stumppy
11-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Just what I was thinking, Herm will be back next year with Peterson.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Excuse me while I go drink some pine sol.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Say goodbye to Stafford and hello to Herm Edwards as the coach for the next 5+ years.

Calm down...2-14 still works for us.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 12:45 PM

You think the Lions are going to win 3 games.......we're fucked.

kcxiv
11-02-2008, 12:46 PM
hell, if anyone before the season said that Thigpen would be the starter halfways through. EVERYONE would have said. Number 1 pick here we come. lol

RNR
11-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I agree the game is not blacked out so I am stuck watching it! If they keep playing well this will keep happening :shake:

RNR
11-02-2008, 12:48 PM
You think the Lions are going to win 3 games.......we're ****ed.

But...but...they signed Dante!

Mecca
11-02-2008, 12:51 PM
But...but...they signed Dante!

I'm really going to cry :deevee:

I'd rather have one really really bad year and get the QB I need than be bad for 10 years.

Brock
11-02-2008, 12:51 PM

Not really.

duncan_idaho
11-02-2008, 12:52 PM

First part sounds great. Second part? That pine sol idea sounds good.

Psyko Tek
11-02-2008, 12:52 PM
you have no faith in the power of herm

soon he will shut down the offense and got in to play not to lose mode and/or get thigpen killed

Nero's Neptune
11-02-2008, 12:53 PM

exactly... Stafford may not be the answer, so that might save us a busted pick. However, one thing I'm sure of no matter how this season turns out is that HERM is not the answer as a coach. Worst case scenario....they play a little better, win 4 or 5 games...lower their draft position, and Herm stays. That's a recipe for more of the same...ugh.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 12:53 PM
And of course Detroit and Cincy are winning......no!

ArrowheadHawk
11-02-2008, 12:56 PM
What a bunch of morons. Bitching that their team is playing well.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Ever heard the end justifies the means?

I'd rather be a good team at some point.

ArrowheadHawk
11-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Ever heard the end justifies the means?

I'd rather be a good team at some point.
We are a good team today bitches.

cdcox
11-02-2008, 12:58 PM
exactly... Stafford may not be the answer, so that might save us a busted pick. However, one thing I'm sure of no matter how this season turns out is that HERM is not the answer as a coach. Worst case scenario....they play a little better, win 4 or 5 games...lower their draft position, and Herm stays. That's a recipe for more of the same...ugh.

I think the Chiefs will start turnning the corner in terms of wins and losses next year or the following year. We'll be in the playoffs every year, and won't sniff the SB, because Herm will screw things up in the playoffs every year.

Brock
11-02-2008, 12:59 PM

ROFL

Mecca
11-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I think the Chiefs will start turnning the corner in terms of wins and losses next year or the following year. We'll be in the playoffs every year, and won't sniff the SB, because Herm will screw things up in the playoffs every year.

Everyone in KC will be thrilled, all they want is a team that is good enough to make the playoffs.

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2008, 01:00 PM
I can't freaking believe there are people that are rooting for this team to do poorly and to lose. How upsetting that our team is winning.

ArrowheadHawk
ROFL

What? It's true.

Mr. Flopnuts
Fucking retards.

Brock
11-02-2008, 01:01 PM
What? It's true.

Yeah, yeah. They're great. :rolleyes:

KChiefs1
I think Mizzou's OC is running the Chiefs offense today....I could see Chase Daniel as the Chiefs QB next season if this continues.

Mecca
I can't freaking believe there are people that are rooting for this team to do poorly and to lose. How upsetting that our team is winning.

Would you like Herm to be here for longer?

Mecca
11-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I think Mizzou's OC is running the Chiefs offense today....I could see Chase Daniel as the Chiefs QB next season if this continues.

Don't make me smack you.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Would you like Herm to be here for longer?

All I fucking care about is winning a Super Bowl, and I don't fucking care who's here to accomplish it. I know there are a lot of armchair GM's and coaches here, but the retarded level is reaching all time highs. We are crushing a good team and everyone is crying about it. Unreal.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 01:04 PM
All I fucking care about is winning a Super Bowl, and I don't fucking care who's here to accomplish it. I know there are a lot of armchair GM's and coaches here, but the retarded level is reaching all time highs. We are crushing a good team and everyone is crying about it. Unreal.

Winning this game won't mean anything in getting to a Superbowl that is my entire premise.

KcMizzou
11-02-2008, 01:06 PM
If you can't enjoy watching your favorite team kick some ass... I don't know what the point of being a fan really is...

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Winning this game won't mean anything in getting to a Superbowl that is my entire premise.

I'm not talking about this year. That much should be obvious for everyone, but people talked about a rebuild and knew the team was going to suck from the beginning. Now that they're showing some improvement everyone has already passed judgment on the coaching regime. Fine. But FFS you are really upset that we're winning in this fashion against this caliber of a team? I just think some people are getting delusional over Matt Stafford and getting high draft picks. I want to see the team improve, week in and week out. I'm thrilled with this, and absofuckinglutely amazed that I'm apparently the only one.

cdcox
11-02-2008, 01:09 PM
I won't root against them in a year they are in the playoff race, but I won't be a true believer in a SB victory as long as Herm is here. I just expect him to fail. That takes a good bit of the fun out of winning.

Smed1065
11-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm not talking about this year. That much should be obvious for everyone, but people talked about a rebuild and knew the team was going to suck from the beginning. Now that they're showing some improvement everyone has already passed judgment on the coaching regime. Fine. But FFS you are really upset that we're winning in this fashion against this caliber of a team? I just think some people are getting delusional over Matt Stafford and getting high draft picks. I want to see the team improve, week in and week out. I'm thrilled with this, and absofuckinglutely amazed that I'm apparently the only one.

He is mad if we win or show improvement period. We are no usc.

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2008, 01:12 PM
I won't root against them in a year they are in the playoff race, but I won't be a true believer in a SB victory as long as Herm is here. I just expect him to fail. That takes a good bit of the fun out of winning.

As I've said all week, I don't care about whether Herm is a Super Bowl calibre coach. His job right now is to rebuild this football team and it's clear that he's doing a far better job than he gets credit for. Is he the right coach 1-2 years down the road? I don't know. But today should at least prove that he's a pretty good coach to have... right now.

Smed1065
11-02-2008, 01:15 PM
As I've said all week, I don't care about whether Herm is a Super Bowl calibre coach. His job right now is to rebuild this football team and it's clear that he's doing a far better job than he gets credit for. Is he the right coach 1-2 years down the road? I don't know. But today should at least prove that he's a pretty good coach to have... right now.

LMAO

Smed1065
11-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Bradley is no DVD!

cdcox
11-02-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm not talking about this year. That much should be obvious for everyone, but people talked about a rebuild and knew the team was going to suck from the beginning. Now that they're showing some improvement everyone has already passed judgment on the coaching regime. Fine. But FFS you are really upset that we're winning in this fashion against this caliber of a team? I just think some people are getting delusional over Matt Stafford and getting high draft picks. I want to see the team improve, week in and week out. I'm thrilled with this, and abso****inglutely amazed that I'm apparently the only one.

1. Rebuilding was the right thing to do. Herm was right to do that.

2. I had no problem with the losing for a few years. Kudos to Herm for sticking with the plan.

3. Even though Herm has done what I would have done with 1 and 2, he has done nothing to show me he'll take the necessary risks to win in the playoffs. I was hoping that the losing was going to be enough to get rid of Herm while we stunk, even though I didn't really blame him for the losing. If we get to mediocre or better, Herm will get to stay as long as he wants.

Mr. Plow
11-02-2008, 01:17 PM
As I've said all week, I don't care about whether Herm is a Super Bowl calibre coach. His job right now is to rebuild this football team and it's clear that he's doing a far better job than he gets credit for.

You're a funny guy.

cdcox
11-02-2008, 01:18 PM

As I said in my last post, our window to get a new coach is when we are playing terrible. I believe in taking advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Exactly.

The good news is, with next year probably being Peterson's last season, you can bet that as Peterson leaves there will be a serious evaluation as to whether Herm is a coach to go beyond the rebuild. I agree with you... as of now, based on what we know, I don't think Herm is a coach who can lead this team past round 2 of the playoffs at best. But you're absolutely right that in terms of the rebuild, I'm glad he's our coach.

2. I had no problem with the losing for a few years. Kudos to Herm for sticking with the plan.

3. Even though Herm has done what I would have done with 1 and 2, he has done nothing to show me he'll take the necessary risks to win in the playoffs. I was hoping that the losing was going to be enough to get rid of Herm while we stunk, even though I didn't really blame him for the losing. If we get to mediocre or better, Herm will get to stay as long as he wants.

chiefzilla1501
11-02-2008, 01:20 PM
You're a funny guy.

The Jets should have beat the Chiefs. They're dominating the Bucs. Two above .500 teams.

Are you really going to tell me that this team hasn't improved by leaps and bounds? I know Herm sucks as a game manager. But in terms of developing this football team, I don't know why everyone absolutely REFUSES to give Herm an ounce of credit.

cdcox
11-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Exactly.

The good news is, with next year probably being Peterson's last season, you can bet that as Peterson leaves there will be a serious evaluation as to whether Herm is a coach to go beyond the rebuild. I agree with you... as of now, based on what we know, I don't think Herm is a coach who can lead this team past round 2 of the playoffs at best. But you're absolutely right that in terms of the rebuild, I'm glad he's our coach.

If the Chiefs are in the playoff race the final week of the season at the end of next season, the GM will be hired from within, under the stipulation that Herm remains the HC.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't make me smack you.

No, please smack him

Mr. Plow
11-02-2008, 01:25 PM
The Jets should have beat the Chiefs. They're dominating the Bucs. Two above .500 teams.

Are you really going to tell me that this team hasn't improved by leaps and bounds? I know Herm sucks as a game manager. But in terms of developing this football team, I don't know why everyone absolutely REFUSES to give Herm an ounce of credit.

Herm has a history of having a couple games a year where his team is ready to play. So far, Denver & Tampa this year. But, they always go back to the old way of getting out coached. If they show some consistency, I'll give him some credit....until then, it's business as usual.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2008, 01:33 PM

I don't disagree with any of your sentiments. But we're running the spread offense right? Arena Ball? Listen, I'm not back on the Herm bandwagon at all, but I for one would absolutely LOVE to be proven wrong and have the guy take us all the way. Eternal hope. It went dormant for me for the first time in my life as a Chiefs fan. Today it's being revived a little bit. That's really not a bad thing in my book.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Herm has a history of having a couple games a year where his team is ready to play. So far, Denver & Tampa this year. But, they always go back to the old way of getting out coached. If they show some consistency, I'll give him some credit....until then, it's business as usual.

I think that Herm is actually a pretty lazy coach for NFL standards. It seems like whenever his nuts are up to the bandsaw that he busts his ass and seems to put together a game plan that actually works. I think he was so desperate to not get shitcanned that he finally opened up the offense and gave them free reign.

I think that these showings may illustrate how much he's actually hamstrung us over the last few yeras with his commitment to cowardice.

|Zach|
11-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Everyone in KC will be thrilled, all they want is a team that is good enough to make the playoffs.

Yes, we know.

You hate people who enjoy sports because you forgot how to.

It is all going to be ok.

RealSNR
11-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Take it easy. The Chiefs will still draft in the top 10 this year and will likely take a 1st round QB.

And anybody who thought Herm was going to be fired if the Chiefs lost enough games this season is nuts. Carl will be around for another year and Clark won't fire Herm. This was a delusional thought to think that the Chiefs would've gotten rid of these crap coaches if we had a 1-15 season

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Take it easy. The Chiefs will still draft in the top 10 this year and will likely take a 1st round QB.

And anybody who thought Herm was going to be fired if the Chiefs lost enough games this season is nuts. Carl will be around for another year and Clark won't fire Herm. This was a delusional thought to think that the Chiefs would've gotten rid of these crap coaches if we had a 1-15 season

Exactly. God forbid we win a few football games in the process. It's really not hard to see the people who have never dealt with a few losing seasons in football before.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Yea I don't just want a 1st round QB, I want the guy, not the guy that is eh well lets take this guy.

FAX
11-02-2008, 01:59 PM
My problem is that, win or lose, I will never fully enjoy Chiefs football as long as Herm is our head coach.

FAX

RustShack
11-02-2008, 02:00 PM

You don't just take any QB in the first and call it good... there has to be someone worth the pick which there wont be if Stafford is gone...

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Yea I don't just want a 1st round QB, I want the guy, not the guy that is eh well lets take this guy.

I don't disagree with you Mecca, I just can't root against my team to win. I can't root for us to implode and have to start all over again. I want to be so fucking wrong about the coaches and the front office and everything else so that we may compete and have a chance at a title sometime in the next 3 years.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Sorry CD, I totally disagree.

This team has 12 rookie starters and more second and third year guys contributing than any team in the league.

Yes, they need to draft RT, RG, MLB, OLB, OLB, RB, QB.

But they also need to learn how to win and WIN whenever possible.

As to Herm, the Chiefs have run the spread offense two weeks in a row.

He's obviously learning something.

RealSNR
11-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Yea I don't just want a 1st round QB, I want the guy, not the guy that is eh well lets take this guy.As knowledgable as you are about QBs, you don't know shit if the guy is going to work out or not.

KcMizzou
11-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Yes, we know.

You hate people who enjoy sports because you forgot how to.

QFT

Mecca
11-02-2008, 02:07 PM
As knowledgable as you are about QBs, you don't know shit if the guy is going to work out or not.

I have a pretty good idea of who's far and away the best prospect...there isn't going to be another QB like Stafford for several years.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 02:07 PM
QFT

Sorry guys I don't enjoy not being a championship level team...just being good enough isn't my desire.

KcMizzou
11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry guys I don't enjoy not being a championship level team...just being good enough isn't my desire.You're spoiled by USC.

I want to win a Super Bowl too. I totally agree with you in the big picture...

You just need to learn to enjoy an individual game.

|Zach|
11-02-2008, 02:11 PM

If someone is dedicated to not being happy you can't stop them.

cdcox
11-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Sorry CD, I totally disagree.

This team has 12 rookie starters and more second and third year guys contributing than any team in the league.

Yes, they need to draft RT, RG, MLB, OLB, OLB, RB, QB.

But they also need to learn how to win and WIN whenever possible.

As to Herm, the Chiefs have run the spread offense two weeks in a row.

He's obviously learning something.

Just like Marty did.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
You're spoiled by USC.

I want to win a Super Bowl too. I totally agree with you in the big picture...

That's just not me.....if a win costs us our chance at a QB it's going to piss me off.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 02:13 PM
And what should I be happy about?

In my entire lifetime the Chiefs have done things the wrong way and haven't won anything. I was fucking 13 years old when they last won a playoff game.

Phobia
11-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Excuse me while I go drink some pine sol.

If you run out, I'll arrange for delivery.

Phobia
11-02-2008, 02:24 PM
And what should I be happy about?

In my entire lifetime the Chiefs have done things the wrong way and haven't won anything. I was ****ing 13 years old when they last won a playoff game.

So, it's all your fault? How about switching things up then, Junior.

RNR
11-02-2008, 02:34 PM
If you run out, I'll arrange for delivery.

Dang Phobia you have always been a smart ass but lately you seem to be meaner are you good?

jjchieffan
11-02-2008, 02:39 PM
First of all, If Thigpen continues playing well, then we could have our answer at QB already, so we don't need Stafford. Secondly, who says Herm can't win in the playoffs. He beat the Colts in the playoffs when he was coaching the Jets. That alone is more than Vermeil or Marty did. Finally. I would rather see this team start winning games and showing signs of progress than to have the first pick in the draft. This is just what I was wanting to see. Progress. Funny, I thought that was what the planet was saying in the offseason. I sure don't see that now.

Brock
11-02-2008, 02:43 PM
First of all, If Thigpen continues playing well, then we could have our answer at QB already, so we don't need Stafford.

LMAO

Phobia
11-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Dang Phobia you have always been a smart ass but lately you seem to be meaner are you good?

Thanks for asking. My patience for 99% of people has grown but my tolerance for a select couple of morons has shrunken.

alanm
11-02-2008, 02:50 PM
If you can't enjoy watching your favorite team kick some ass... I don't know what the point of being a fan really is...Guy's here hoping we lose are being moronic today.

jjchieffan
11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I have a pretty good idea of who's far and away the best prospect...there isn't going to be another QB like Stafford for several years.

This from the guy who was advocating last year that we better take Ryan because there wasn't going to be anyone to take in next years draft.ROFL

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Winning this game won't mean anything in getting to a Superbowl that is my entire premise.No, it won't. But its still fun to watch. Feel free to kill yourself...

RNR
11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks for asking. My patience for 99% of people has grown but my tolerance for a select couple of morons has shrunken.
Cool did not know there were other factors.

Reaper16
11-02-2008, 02:54 PM
This from the guy who was advocating last year that we better take Ryan because there wasn't going to be anyone to take in next years draft.ROFL
Well, who would you ratehr have... Ryan or Stafford? Mecca isn't saying that Stafford is a can't miss prospect necessarily. But the pro-style QB is becoming a thing of the past in college football.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, who would you ratehr have... Ryan or Stafford? Mecca isn't saying that Stafford is a can't miss prospect necessarily. But the pro-style QB is becoming a thing of the past in college football.

Yea I was also really wrong about Ryan wasn't I?

And hey if I'm a select moron great cause this site is full of em.

Phobia
11-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Cool did not know there were other factors.

With Mecca though, it's usually about me trying to be funny.

Gochiefs though, has tested my patience to its limit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-02-2008, 03:02 PM
First of all, If Thigpen continues playing well, then we could have our answer at QB already, so we don't need Stafford. Secondly, who says Herm can't win in the playoffs. He beat the Colts in the playoffs when he was coaching the Jets. That alone is more than Vermeil or Marty did. Finally. I would rather see this team start winning games and showing signs of progress than to have the first pick in the draft. This is just what I was wanting to see. Progress. Funny, I thought that was what the planet was saying in the offseason. I sure don't see that now.

I nominate this post for the dumbass Hall of Fame.

jjchieffan
11-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Yea I was also really wrong about Ryan wasn't I?

And hey if I'm a select moron great cause this site is full of em.

I did not call you a moron. I was just pointing out how sure you were that nobody would be there to pick this year. I am not into the childish name calling that goes on around here.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 03:04 PM

We're in the minority here so using logic is not going to be looked at very favorably today.

When we got people saying Tyler Thigpen is the guy and we don't need Stafford it's just gone beyond all reasonable thought.

RNR
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
With Mecca though, it's usually about me trying to be funny.

Gochiefs though, has tested my patience to its limit.

I have had a hard time adjusting to life behind the keyboard! People can say things they would never say face to face! I get along with just about everybody, some here I just blow off. gochiefs and I have gone round and round he gave me some info on a thread last night and when he wants to you think there is hope, but then again...

jjchieffan
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM

Like I care what your opinion is. I am surprised you didn't tell me to kill myself. You have to be one of the worst name calling guys on here, and that negates any other contributions you make in my opinion.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Do you think your sig is big enough?

Phobia
11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
I have had a hard time adjusting to life behind the keyboard! People can say things they would never say face to face! I get along with just about everybody, some here I just blow off. gochiefs and I have gone round and round he gave me some info on a thread last night and when he wants to you think there is hope, but then again...

The info he gave you could get you into some legal trouble, though. He's helping you to steal music.

jjchieffan
11-02-2008, 03:11 PM
We're in the minority here so using logic is not going to be looked at very favorably today.

When we got people saying Tyler Thigpen is the guy and we don't need Stafford it's just gone beyond all reasonable thought.

I don't know that Thigpen is the guy yet, but he is showing enough promise to at least have hope. RIght now, he is at least as good of a prospect as Stafford. To say losing games to get Stafford is more important than winning is beyond all reasonable tought in my opinion.

RNR
11-02-2008, 03:12 PM
The info he gave you could get you into some legal trouble, though. He's helping you to steal music.

Well as I said I will not do that it just aint worth it. What I am saying is, he will be civil and you think well maybe and then he goes gochiefs again.

Brock
11-02-2008, 03:16 PM
It's the same shit as last year, "don't draft a QB, we have Croyle". Just short-sighted and stupid.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Thigpen did nothing today to warrant not drafting a QB. He was horrible in the second half.

WilliamTheIrish
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I think that Herm is actually a pretty lazy coach for NFL standards. It seems like whenever his nuts are up to the bandsaw that he busts his ass and seems to put together a game plan that actually works. I think he was so desperate to not get shitcanned that he finally opened up the offense and gave them free reign.

I think that these showings may illustrate how much he's actually hamstrung us over the last few yeras with his commitment to cowardice.

For three years I've researched to find the perfect philosophy for the Herm coached Chiefs: Commitment To Cowardice is beautiful.

Brock
11-02-2008, 03:23 PM
RIght now, he is at least as good of a prospect as Stafford.

You're basically comparing a Trent Edwards type of player to a John Elway type of player. Wake up.

WilliamTheIrish
11-02-2008, 03:31 PM

No. Thigpen "could be our answer" to anything is just plain wrong. If you want to continue going down the road of having a QB as a game manager, then by all means, give Thigpen the next two years.

Me? I'm sick of that shit. Draft a QB who has the tools and attitude to be game winner. I want a QB that will stand up in the locker room and say: "Yea, LJ blocks in practice the same way he blocks during a game. Like shit."
I want a guy who lead sthis team and blast the players that don't do their job. Look back in the last 15 years. Who has been the offensive leader on this team? DeBerg? Anders? Bono? Grbac? We've never had a guy under center that other teams feared. ('Cept Joe)

Maybe... just maybe, if we take the chance on Stafford or Sanchez we'll get that guy. And then when we reach the playoffs this guy will make the big play on the last drive instead of claiming "I couldn't hear because of the crowd" or "I was winded from being off six weeks from the clavicular fracture".

I am so sick of trying projects at the most important position in sports. How can you not be sick of that?

KcMizzou
11-02-2008, 03:31 PM
There... are ya happy now?

Brock
11-02-2008, 03:33 PM

I'm certainly not upset. 2-6 vs. 1-7, who gives a shit.

cdcox
11-02-2008, 03:34 PM

If it brings us closer to shedding Herm, yes.

As I pointed out in the game thread, we lead the TO battle 4-1 and averaged 5 yrds per carry. And Herm still can't win. I was perfectly calm the whole game. If it had been a playoff game, I'd be exploding about right now. We can't let him stick around once the corner is turned.

Wish the Lions had won.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-02-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't know that Thigpen is the guy yet, but he is showing enough promise to at least have hope. RIght now, he is at least as good of a prospect as Stafford. .

ROFLROFL:LOL::LOL:

whoman69
11-02-2008, 03:37 PM
you have no faith in the power of herm

soon he will shut down the offense and got in to play not to lose mode and/or get thigpen killed

You got it halfway right.

Mecca
11-02-2008, 03:38 PM
ROFLROFL:LOL::LOL:

Quick cue to ChiefsCountry "Brodie Croyle is as good as a prospect as Matt Ryan"

We all knew this shit would come.

whoman69
11-02-2008, 03:44 PM
My reason for not liking the direction of this team has nothing to do with our losing out on the number one pick. It has to do with the fact that we are in line for the number one pick. This team needs a change now.

Any future with Herm still in it is no future.

Oh Snap
11-02-2008, 03:51 PM

I dont see a reason why we should draft a QB if we already have one...im not totally sold on Thigpin yet, but he is starting to sway me. If he continues his solid play, why waste a first round pick on a non issue?

Mecca
11-02-2008, 03:53 PM
I dont see a reason why we should draft a QB if we already have one...im not totally sold on Thigpin yet, but he is starting to sway me. If he continues his solid play, why waste a first round pick on a non issue?

Cause see we don't have one...

teedubya
11-02-2008, 03:54 PM

uh, we played ONE good quarter... maybe 1.5 quarters

chiefs1111
11-02-2008, 03:59 PM
anyone who thinks that we still don't need to look at a QB in the draft this April is nuts. Thigpen has done some good things and has struggled at times as well. He has not shown enough yet to suggest he is our QB of the future,not even close...

duncan_idaho
11-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't know that Thigpen is the guy yet, but he is showing enough promise to at least have hope. RIght now, he is at least as good of a prospect as Stafford. To say losing games to get Stafford is more important than winning is beyond all reasonable tought in my opinion.

Come on, man.

I'm probably the biggest Stafford hater on the board, and I still wouldn't say Thigpen is as good a prospect as Stafford. That's crazy talk.

Thigpen looks to me like he might be able to be a decent backup. He's got a pretty good arm and decent speed and can make some plays out of the shotgun. But I think we've seen enough Thigpen at this point to doubt he'll ever a 16-game starter.

Committed to cowardice... I love it. That's an epic nickname and a perfect description for Herm Edwards and his constant "play not to lose" philosophy.

I love the Chiefs, but I have no problem rooting against Herm's success short-term if it benefits the long-term success of the team. He is not good for this franchise... and I'm sick of watching Kansas City's coach tuck his tail between his legs, coach scared, and lose another game because he's a pussy.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Rejoice, cdcox! Rejoice!

TEX
11-02-2008, 04:31 PM
anyone who thinks that we still don't need to look at a QB in the draft this April is nuts. Thigpen has done some good things and has struggled at times as well. He has not shown enough yet to suggest he is our QB of the future,not even close...

Unless we get a GM - OTF and a HC - OTF, it really won't matter who the QBOTF is...

TEX
11-02-2008, 04:32 PM
My reason for not liking the direction of this team has nothing to do with our losing out on the number one pick. It has to do with the fact that we are in line for the number one pick. This team needs a change now.

Any future with Herm still in it is no future.

:clap: This gets my vote for post of the year!

jjchieffan
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Come on, man.

I'm probably the biggest Stafford hater on the board, and I still wouldn't say Thigpen is as good a prospect as Stafford. That's crazy talk.

Why is it crazy talk? Stafford has never played in the NFL. He is just as likely to be the next Ryan Leaf as he is to be the next Peyton Manning.