PDA

View Full Version : Football Wow!

RNR
11-02-2008, 01:17 PM
You guys have a QB! That team is responding the entire level of play has raised. I do not see KC drafting a QB and paying huge dollar with this kid playing like he is.

Mr. Plow
11-02-2008, 01:21 PM
You guys have a QB! That team is responding the entire level of play has raised. I do not see KC drafting a QB and paying huge dollar with this kid playing like he is.

He's looking good. Hopefully he keeps it up so that the QB talk can be put to rest.

Smed1065
11-02-2008, 01:21 PM
They better! As long as it is not JM.:D

MichaelH
11-02-2008, 01:22 PM
He is looking good. Hopefully Hermie doesn't ruin him too.

RNR
11-02-2008, 01:28 PM
He's looking good. Hopefully he keeps it up so that the QB talk can be put to rest.
I am impressed! I watched him some last week and this week. They can dump LJ and are already sitting pretty with the cap. They have the money to plug holes. I hope I am wrong but I do not like what I am seeing. Brodie never showed anything like this kid has.

Mr. Plow
11-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Brodie never showed anything like this kid has.

I was a Brodie backer, but Thigpen has shown more to me in three games this year than Brodie ever has.

KcMizzou
11-02-2008, 01:38 PM
I was a Brodie backer, but Thigpen has shown more to me in three games this year than Brodie ever has.Likewise.

Thigpen kinda reminds me of Gannon.

KcMizzou
11-02-2008, 01:39 PM
That said, I'm still all for drafting a top QB.

A game and a half doesn't prove anything.

dj56dt58
11-02-2008, 01:43 PM
That said, I'm still all for drafting a top QB.

A game and a half doesn't prove anything.

whats with all the stafford love? not saying your talking about Stafford but..i really dont get all the Stafford love

If Thigpen keeps this up, Maclin could be a huge weapon for us, especially in the kick game. However we do need a middle lb and DE as well

and our offensive line is dominating

RNR
11-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Likewise.

Thigpen kinda reminds me of Gannon.

He has a better arm than Gannon we will see is he becomes as smart. As far as your other post very true 1 and a half games proves little but the overall impact he is having on this team is amazing. If he plays at this level the rest of the season I will take bets KC does not take a QB.

PastorMikH
11-02-2008, 01:46 PM
IF Thiggy keeps playing like this the rest of the season we may not have to use our first pick on a QB, but we should still take a first day QB.

I never really gave Thigpen much thought until last week, but his college story itself is fairly amazing.

Hoover
11-02-2008, 01:50 PM
He reminds me of Mark Brunell

RNR
IF Thiggy keeps playing like this the rest of the season we may not have to use our first pick on a QB, but we should still take a first day QB.

I never really gave Thigpen much thought until last week, but his college story itself is fairly amazing.
Yes the QB position needs to be addressed, that said KC has always been on the tight side look for Haurd to backup again next year.

KcMizzou

I never really gave Thigpen much thought until last week, but his college story itself is fairly amazing.The dude's pretty much living his dream. Nobody (even on the Chiefs) thought he could play like this...

He's just running with it. I hope he has a good 2nd half.

RNR
He reminds me of Mark Brunell

No joke now that you said that he does.

PastorMikH
11-02-2008, 01:53 PM
The dude's pretty much living his dream. Nobody (even on the Chiefs) thought he could play like this...

He's just running with it. I hope he has a good 2nd half.

He's basically picked right up where he left off in college.

He was the first QB South Coastal ever had - they started their football program in 2003. Even with a startup program, his college W/L was 30-8. Granted they were Div 1-AA but still, a startup program with that much success is impressive.

Also, in High School Thiggy was All-State 2 years as a PUNTER - he averaged just over 43 yards per punt. The South Carolina Coastal HC said that he was a pure athlete that could play a number of positions - he thought they'd try him first at QB.

RNR
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM

He was the first QB South Coastal ever had - they started their football program in 2003. Even with a startup program, his college W/L was 30-8. Granted they were Div 1-AA but still, a startup program with that much success is impressive.

Also, in High School Thiggy was All-State 2 years as a PUNTER - he averaged just over 43 yards per punt. The South Carolina Coastal HC said that he was a pure athlete that could play a number of positions - he thought they'd try him first at QB.
If memory serves me KC has had some luck with former punters Deron Cherry comes to mind.

PastorMikH
11-02-2008, 01:58 PM
If memory serves me KC has had some luck with former punters Deron Cherry comes to mind.

:shrug: I'm not as old as you are.

:)

KcMizzou
11-02-2008, 01:59 PM

Also, in High School Thiggy was All-State 2 years as a PUNTER - he averaged just over 43 yards per punt. The South Carolina Coastal HC said that he was a pure athlete that could play a number of positions - he thought they'd try him first at QB.Well he's a pretty damned good WR. :D

RNR
11-02-2008, 02:01 PM
:shrug: I'm not as old as you are.

:)

Thats no surprise! a google search will show that the only person on earth older than me is Skip :)

11-02-2008, 02:06 PM
ROFL