PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things from Today's Game

gblowfish
11-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Ten Things From Today's Game:

10. Well, I guess we're now 1-5-2. That's one win, five losses, two "moral victories." We are indeed one of the four worst teams in the NFL, no doubt. Winners go home and f**k the Homecoming Queen. Losers talk about "moral victories." At least the weather was perfect today. And with the daylight savings, getting ready to tailgate didn't seem nearly as rushed. Probably 65,000 actual fans in the seats, upstairs still about 2/3 full.

9. Our Special Teams Coach needs to go. OK,he's lost his punter, kicker and snapper, but tell me again how that affects kickoff coverage? Giving up 7 right before the half was a momentum changer, and put the Bucs into halftime down only by two TDs. Certainly manageable against a defense as bad as the Griefs.

8. Speaking of halftime, what is with this lame field goal contest? They had three diabetics out there today who could kick a ball about five feet. Total waste of time. That's what King Carl calls "Entertainment." What happened to bringing in KU, KSU or Marching Mizzou? Guess King Carl doesn't want to give up freebie tickets to all those band kids. Halftime sucks, cheap cheap cheap.

7. There were at least five or six guys walking around the sidelines that I didn't have any idea who the hell they were. This team has not only eroded at QB, but everywhere else to boot.

6. Major respect and props for Thiggy today. He's not an NFL caliber starter, but he played his ass off today. And when he got dinged up in the fourth quarter, he sucked it up and went back out there, unlike a big pussy who's first name is Damon and whose last name is Huard.

5. Think LJ was back in Vegas today? Bet he put ten large down on the Bucs, and lost when they didn't cover. Oh well....lap dances and spit takes for everyone! Charles showed flashes, but his fumble right after the Chiefs forced a turnover was a killer, the kind of thing 1-7 teams do to lose. Rookie mistake.

4. Turk McBride's roughing the passer penalty was a real killer. This team is so bad on third down, ANYTIME you get a stop it's a big thing. Chiefs can't give second chances to anyone. That sustained the drive, and the Bucs scored. He should be fined by the team.

3. Leggett ...Patterson... Brackenridge.....they all suck. Carr is pretty good. I'm not sure what happened to Flowers. He may have had a mild concussion. They took his helmet from him, and wrapped his head in an iced towel, but he seemed fine on the sideline. We sure could have used him in the fourth quarter and OT.

2. Donut Boy Ryan Sims is a big fat joke. Only tackle he got was by piling on Thiggy. What a waste of skin. That guy is an embarrassment.

1. Didn't surprise me they lost. Herm is totally clueless. Again, he goes ultra conservative in the fourth quarter. His defense can't rush the QB, can't defend the pass, can't stop a 2 point conversion. Then he takes a knee with seven seconds? Once they lost the coin flip, I knew it was all over. Maybe Herm is an evil genius, and wants to play just good enough to lose, so we don't screw up our draft pick. It would benefit us not to win another game this year. What would be the point? The Chiefs haven't been this inept in a very long time.

When the Chiefs were bad in the 1980's they'd go Zero for October and Zero for November, then come on like gangbusters in December and play just good enough to win five, six, seven games and totally screw up their draft position. I hope they go 1 and 15 at this point. There's no reason to win. None. Zilch.

One thing for sure, Herm is a QB killer. Thiggy will probably get killed sometime in the second half of the season, then we get the option with Charles. Also, Will Franklin should be embarrassed that Thiggy has a TD and he doesn't. WTF happened to him?

L.A. Chieffan
11-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Fake fan. You're going to hurt our players FEEEEEEWWINGS!!!

Hammock Parties
11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Donut Boy Ryan Sims is a big fat joke. Only tackle he got was by piling on Thiggy. What a waste of skin. That guy is an embarrassment.

Well, that's good to know. I was hoping Whitlock wouldn't have even more ammo for tonight.

tomahawk kid
11-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Couldn't agree more on Herm.

The man's just dumb and has no business being an NFL head coach. I've been one of his bigger defender over the past couple of years, but today put me over the edge.

After he put up 24 points, he started calling plays like he had Jaml Lewis and the 2000 Ravens defense.

It shows a total lack of understanding in terms of your personnel and where your team is in the rebuilding process. It's also the kind of batshit insane thinking that loses football teams.

I'd look for "operation shutdown" to go into effect sooner rather than later.

FAX
11-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the report, Mr. gblowfish. Excellent as always.

To your point regarding the conservative approach in the 4th quarter ... I was distracted, but if I counted correctly, this is the first down playcalling by half : First half - 9 runs and 8 passes, Second half - 8 runs 2 passes.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2008, 06:10 PM
8. Speaking of halftime, what is with this lame field goal contest? They had three diabetics out there today who could kick a ball about five feet. Total waste of time. That's what King Carl calls "Entertainment." What happened to bringing in KU, KSU or Marching Mizzou? Guess King Carl doesn't want to give up freebie tickets to all those band kids. Halftime sucks, cheap cheap cheap.

I thought the American flag with the soliders was pretty cool. The field goal thing does suck ass.

Bugeater
11-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Was Sims the one who came in late when Thiggy slid down? I'd like to know why the hell there was no flag on that one. Oh wait, I know why, because his last name isn't Manning or Brady.

bkkcoh
11-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Was Sims the one who came in late when Thiggy slid down? I'd like to know why the hell there was no flag on that one. Oh wait, I know why, because his last name isn't Manning or Brady.

or Garcia

TrickyNicky
11-02-2008, 06:14 PM
On the other hand, Wilkerson made a nice play for both teams when he knocked that pass out of Thigpen's hand. It was going to be another floater into double coverage. Sure wouldn't mind having that guy around about now.

Lonewolf Ed
11-02-2008, 06:23 PM

When he fell like the mighty oak over Thiggy and his own teammates, I wondered why the camera crew was showing Sim's ass jiggling in slo-mo, then I realized, it was in real time. :shake:

btlook1
11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I agree with everything you said. Well done!

acasas4
11-02-2008, 06:34 PM
[quote=gblowfish;5178735]Ten Things From Today's Game:

1. Didn't surprise me they lost. Herm is totally clueless. Again, he goes ultra conservative in the fourth quarter. His defense can't rush the QB, can't defend the pass, can't stop a 2 point conversion. Then he takes a knee with seven seconds? Once they lost the coin flip, I knew it was all over. Maybe Herm is an evil genius, and wants to play just good enough to lose, so we don't screw up our draft pick. It would benefit us not to win another game this year. What would be the point? The Chiefs haven't been this inept in a very long time.

The team, especially the offense played good enough to win. Herm cost them this game.
I'm all for them losing the rest of their games if it gets Herm and Carl canned but I think the stupid, clueless ass clowns will be back next year.

This isn't funny.
I am super pissed.

ziggysocki
11-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I wish there was something to disagree with, but I can't find any. That catch and run by Bowe was sweet. And other flashes. I am starting to feel that on a different team, with different coaches, some of these young players could be stars. But our defense is bad, real bad.

Rain Man
11-02-2008, 06:40 PM
When the Chiefs did the kneeldown as the game ended, I couldn't help but think about the Falcons winning a game earlier this year with a rookie quarterback throwing the ball up. If Herman Edwards had been coaching that team, they would've lost.

I know the odds are low, but for crying out loud, at least try. Herman Edwards chose not to take a chance of winning, even though there was nothing to lose by trying. I can't wait until he's gone.

Rain Man
11-02-2008, 06:42 PM
On a positive note, someone on the team knows how to develop a game plan, and I assume that it's Chan Gailey. The first half seemed to have some pretty good game-planning, for the second week in a row, until the team went in for halftime and came back out using Herman Edwards' philosophy.

triple
11-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Wilkerson continued to outplay Ryan Sims

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd look for "operation shutdown" to go into effect sooner rather than later.

Derrek Bell, FTW!!

milkman
11-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, that's good to know. I was hoping Whitlock wouldn't have even more ammo for tonight.

Funny thing is, in earlier games, Sims has actually played some pretty good football, but he looked like total crap today.

blueballs
11-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Why was there not more COttam
I want my full supply of Cottam every fucking week

Hammock Parties
11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Funny thing is, in earlier games, Sims has actually played some pretty good football, but he looked like total crap today.

That's really too bad. If Dorsey had sucked today while Sims killed, it would have been the perfect setup for an epic Whitlock column.

acasas4
11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
When the Chiefs did the kneeldown as the game ended, I couldn't help but think about the Falcons winning a game earlier this year with a rookie quarterback throwing the ball up. If Herman Edwards had been coaching that team, they would've lost.

I know the odds are low, but for crying out loud, at least try. Herman Edwards chose not to take a chance of winning, even though there was nothing to lose by trying. I can't wait until he's gone.

Exactly. 7 seconds left and the moron has Thigpen take a knee.
They're a 1 win team. How would Herm coach if they were playing for something meaningful?

Rain Man
11-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Why was there not more COttam
I want my full supply of Cottam every ****ing week

Herm is resting him for the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2008, 07:14 PM
One thing you didn't mention was that Hali was back at right end today for several snaps. I don't know what the fuck that was all about.

11-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I agree with everything you said. Well done! except the part about the homecoming queen. It's PROM queen.

gblowfish
11-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I'll take either over our cheerleaders....

the Talking Can
11-02-2008, 08:09 PM
When the Chiefs were bad in the 1980's they'd go Zero for October and Zero for November, then come on like gangbusters in December and play just good enough to win five, six, seven games and totally screw up their draft position. I hope they go 1 and 15 at this point. There's no reason to win. None. Zilch.

solid

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2008, 08:15 PM
One thing you didn't mention was that Hali was back at right end today for several snaps. I don't know what the **** that was all about.

Turk has a hurt shoulder.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Turk has a hurt shoulder.

Turk has excuses, too, I suppose.

ChiefsCountry
11-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Turk has excuses, too, I suppose.

Holtus or Dawson said that in the post game. Cant remember I was trying to get out of the parking lot, wasnt paying that much of attention who said it.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Major respect and props for Thiggy today. He's not an NFL caliber starter,

You really think this? Im not saying hes even close to being a QBoTF, but hes shown a few things these past few weeks. Is it any coincidence that the Chiefs are at least competitive now because they have gotten competent QB play the past couple of weeks?

All things considered, the Chiefs still need to draft a QB first day next April.

gblowfish
11-02-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't think you can stack Thigpen up against QBs in the AFC who are the top guns. He's played well, but c'mon man, he's a third stringer. Doesn't even make the roster on 50% of NFL teams.

They were icing McBride's shoulder in the forth quarter, then he got blocked on a pass play, came off the field holding his arm low and that was it for him.

shaneo69
11-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Funny thing is...for supposedly being too conservative, the two plays that killed us were the two pass attempts on 3rd and 1, one before our final FG and the other on the great catch by TG negated by Offensive PI. Should've ran Charles on both of those plays.

Coach
11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I don't think you can stack Thigpen up against QBs in the AFC who are the top guns. He's played well, but c'mon man, he's a third stringer. Doesn't even make the roster on 50% of NFL teams.

They were icing McBride's shoulder in the forth quarter, then he got blocked on a pass play, came off the field holding his arm low and that was it for him.

Let's remind ourselves that he was a 7th rounder, and only played D-IAA college football, a brand new college in Coastal Carolina. And that he's still 'raw'

The potentional is "there". The key is that we have to be paitent.

Let's also remind ourselves on how bad he was in the Atlanta and Oakland game where he threw the ball right towards defenders that could have been easily picked off many times. Not to mention that the ball sails at least 8 feet over the receivers heads.

The Thigpen that I saw the last two games, he has shown "improvement", which us fans have been asking for some time in the QB situation. I should also point out that it appears that he has control of this offense and the teammates are responding to him well.

Thigpen is playing well, DESPITE Herman Edwards and Dick Curl is on this coaching staff. Thigpen is playing well, DESPITE not having a consistent running game. Thigpen is playing well, DESPITE not having a consistent pass protection.

To sum it up, Thigpen has shown me MORE, during his time here in KC, than Brokie Croyle could ever have.