PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Donkhater's random thoughts on the Buc game

donkhater
11-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Yipee!!!

1. Clark Hunt has to be the dumbest, out of touch or most patient owner in the history of the league. Can you recall in recent NFL history a coach that has this type of job security after having lost 15 out of the last 16 games? I can maybe grasp the idea of not firing him, but there isn't even a sign that he is on the hot seat.

2. Offensive pass interference on Tony Gonzalez has to be the most ironic call in the history of sport. I would say 30-50% of the time Tony does push to get separtion, but if you took into account the level of holding and hacking he has to fight through, 100% of the time it's a wash. Just ridiculous.

3. Herm still bungles time mangement like no other. After the Bucs 10 second wind down, the clock restarts. The Bucs are in a hurry, still 30 yards from the endzone and no time outs remaining. So Herm gives them one. Still have feelings for the old stomping grounds, Herm? Idiot.

4. This team's biggest holes are on the defensive side of the ball--not offensive. Thigpen, while not a Pro-Bowl QB, has shown flashes of decency for his fourth career start. The biggest holes are (in no particular order)--pass rusher, LB (2), nickel back, O-line. QB and WR are not holding this team back.

5. Raise your hand if you think Herm will stay with the spread offense. I do, but he won't like it. Not sure why, though. While it was costly, the Chiefs have only had 1 turnover the last two games, have put up good yardage and points and been fairly entertaining to boot. Thigpen and Charles are tailor-made for this offense and they need to keep at it.

6. It honestly wouldn't shock me if KC beat SD next week. SD's defense has been beyond bad this season--as bad or worse than KC's IMO. In those types of games, anything goes.

Check out KC's rookies:

1a. Dorsey--good, but not nearly as great as he probably can be.
1b. Albert--solid tackle, could improve into a monster
2 Flowers--the best pick of the draft for the Chiefs IMO.
3a. Charles--Is it the O-line or the running back? Charles has a 5.7 yards/carry average.
3b. Cottam--starting to contribute

Others:
Carr--playing solid
Savage--returning the ball OK. Nothing spectacular, but WAY better than Drummond
Barth--so far, so good.

I'd like to see Franklin and Morgan start playing better, but that is a solid draft class.

Fire Me Boy!
11-03-2008, 08:09 AM
3a. Charles--Is it the O-line or the running back? Charles has a 5.7 yards/carry average.
c. None of the above.

It's a competent set of playcalling, coupled with consistent quarterback play.

When you CAN and DO throw past the line of scrimmage and complete it for scores/first downs, the defense has to respect it. They can't crowd the line of scrimmage like they had been.

Deberg_1990
11-03-2008, 08:22 AM
1. Clark Hunt has to be the dumbest, out of touch or most patient owner in the history of the league. Can you recall in recent NFL history a coach that has this type of job security after having lost 15 out of the last 16 games? I can maybe grasp the idea of not firing him, but there isn't even a sign that he is on the hot seat. .

No i can not. I Agree 100%

This team's biggest holes are on the defensive side of the ball--not offensive. Thigpen, while not a Pro-Bowl QB, has shown flashes of decency for his fourth career start. The biggest holes are (in no particular order)--pass rusher, LB (2), nickel back, O-line. QB and WR are not holding this team back.

Im starting to believe this as well. Especially with the emergence of Bradley, Thigpen, Cottam, Charles...

I still want to draft a first day QB next year though.

CupidStunt
11-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Savage is horseshit. The quicker someone else takes over both PR and KR the better.

btlook1
11-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Savage is horseshit. The quicker someone else takes over both PR and KR the better.

I agree, whatever happend to hit the hole as fast as you can. If you watch him when he gets close to the crowd he slows down and his head goes down also....keep the head up and run once you stop your done! Someone needs to teach him that or show him some old Daunte Hall videos...

donkhater
11-03-2008, 09:08 AM

I wouldn't go that far. We all saw what horseshit was last season with Drummond.

King_Chief_Fan
11-03-2008, 09:15 AM

opinion, or fact? If fact, back it up with stats.
If opinion, say so.
Do a little comparison of those who have been doing the returns since Dante left. Savage has looked better and provided better results than the others.

Mizzou_8541
11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Yipee!!!

1. Clark Hunt has to be the dumbest, out of touch or most patient owner in the history of the league. Can you recall in recent NFL history a coach that has this type of job security after having lost 15 out of the last 16 games? I can maybe grasp the idea of not firing him, but there isn't even a sign that he is on the hot seat.

2. Offensive pass interference on Tony Gonzalez has to be the most ironic call in the history of sport. I would say 30-50% of the time Tony does push to get separtion, but if you took into account the level of holding and hacking he has to fight through, 100% of the time it's a wash. Just ridiculous.

3. Herm still bungles time mangement like no other. After the Bucs 10 second wind down, the clock restarts. The Bucs are in a hurry, still 30 yards from the endzone and no time outs remaining. So Herm gives them one. Still have feelings for the old stomping grounds, Herm? Idiot.

4. This team's biggest holes are on the defensive side of the ball--not offensive. Thigpen, while not a Pro-Bowl QB, has shown flashes of decency for his fourth career start. The biggest holes are (in no particular order)--pass rusher, LB (2), nickel back, O-line. QB and WR are not holding this team back.

5. Raise your hand if you think Herm will stay with the spread offense. I do, but he won't like it. Not sure why, though. While it was costly, the Chiefs have only had 1 turnover the last two games, have put up good yardage and points and been fairly entertaining to boot. Thigpen and Charles are tailor-made for this offense and they need to keep at it.

6. It honestly wouldn't shock me if KC beat SD next week. SD's defense has been beyond bad this season--as bad or worse than KC's IMO. In those types of games, anything goes.

Check out KC's rookies:

1a. Dorsey--good, but not nearly as great as he probably can be.
1b. Albert--solid tackle, could improve into a monster
2 Flowers--the best pick of the draft for the Chiefs IMO.
3b. Cottam--starting to contribute

Others:
Carr--playing solid
Savage--returning the ball OK. Nothing spectacular, but WAY better than Drummond
Barth--so far, so good.

I'd like to see Franklin and Morgan start playing better, but that is a solid draft class.

Great post. I would disagree about Carr, however. IMHO he is better than solid, certainly performing better that a 5th rounder from D-II Grand Valley State could be expected. Decent coverage. Nose for the ball. Sure tackler, among other things.

BucEyedPea
11-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Bucs rule! :D :) :clap:

Mizzou_8541
11-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Bucs rule! :D :) :clap:

:cuss:

It was a good game.

MIAdragon
11-03-2008, 10:22 AM
:cuss:

It was a gift from Herm.

fyp.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-03-2008, 10:26 AM
The offensive pass interference call was just utter horse crap, but for some reason Tony seems to get 1 of those every week. He usually is getting mugged on the play they call him on as well.

L.A. Chieffan
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
#1: It's 16 out the last 17

#3: I believe the official rule is the play was dead and the clock stopped AFTER the 10 sec runoff. The clock began to run again after the Bucs hiked the ball but it didn't matter because Herm called a timeout right before that to adjust his defense. You hear Ed Hoculi tell the scoreboard operator to reset the time to where it was before the Bucs hiked the ball.

I'm sure Herm didn't know that rule either and wouldve called the timeout anyways regardless

dj56dt58
11-03-2008, 11:06 AM
#1: It's 16 out the last 17

#3: I believe the official rule is the play was dead and the clock stopped AFTER the 10 sec runoff. The clock began to run again after the Bucs hiked the ball but it didn't matter because Herm called a timeout right before that to adjust his defense. You hear Ed Hoculi tell the scoreboard operator to reset the time to where it was before the Bucs hiked the ball.

I'm sure Herm didn't know that rule either and wouldve called the timeout anyways regardless

it starts when the official tells them to start it, usually 1-2 seconds before the offense snaps the ball. the timeout took them out of that rush and gave them time to set up a play..

Mizzou_8541
11-03-2008, 12:25 PM
fyp.

ROFL Herm is a genius. Is he doing just enough to lose?