PDA

View Full Version : Football Playoffs shouldn't include an AFCW team this year

Mile High Mania
11-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Just wanted to share this sentiment... I think this is the lowest point that I can recall for the AFC West. Denver is 4-4, on a 3 game losing streak going into week 10 ... but, they still lead the division (Chargers) by 1.

Sad - so incredibly sad for each of these teams.

Oh, Denver just placed Pittman and Hall on IR. Young and Torain are the two RBs right now and Young is hurt... nice.

Buck
11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Incredibly, the Chargers control their own destiny right now.

If they win out (unlikely) they win the AFC West, no matter what the Broncos do.

Basileus777
11-03-2008, 04:13 PM
The sad thing is; Denver and San Diego are still good enough to beat the #5 seed in the AFC. Buffalo, Baltimore, New England, and the Jets are all pretty mediocre themselves.

Mile High Mania
11-03-2008, 04:17 PM

If they win out (unlikely) they win the AFC West, no matter what the Broncos do.

Not so much... plus it doesn't matter, neither team is "winning out" or close to it.

Spott
11-03-2008, 04:17 PM

Not if Ed Hochuli has anything to do with it. ;)

Buck
11-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Not so much... plus it doesn't matter, neither team is "winning out" or close to it.

Its true...

If the Chargers win out, that would make them 11-5

If the Broncos win out except for the Chargers game, that makes them 11-5

Head to Head they are 1-1

Intra-Division, the Chargers would be 5-1 and the Broncos 4-2 (due to loss to Chiefs)....

Chargers would win the division...

Not many times you can say a 3-5 team controls their own destiny.

Mile High Mania
11-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Heh... there are blown calls in every game. That one was just at the worst time for SD fans. Yesterday, Denver had a huge TD reception (Marshall) called back for a phantom (ie - bullsh*t) PI penalty. There was no PI on that play... would have been 17-16 in the 3rd at that point. Who knows how it would have played out, but that was huge.

Mile High Mania
11-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Its true...

If the Chargers win out, that would make them 11-5

If the Broncos win out except for the Chargers game, that makes them 11-5

Head to Head they are 1-1

Intra-Division, the Chargers would be 5-1 and the Broncos 4-2 (due to loss to Chiefs)....

Chargers would win the division...

Not many times you can say a 3-5 team controls their own destiny.

Way too much time spent explaining something that will never happen...

Buck
11-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Heh... there are blown calls in every game. That one was just at the worst time for SD fans. Yesterday, Denver had a huge TD reception (Marshall) called back for a phantom (ie - bullsh*t) PI penalty. There was no PI on that play... would have been 17-16 in the 3rd at that point. Who knows how it would have played out, but that was huge.

Yup, and when I saw that blown call, all I could say is, it happens to the best of 'em.

TrickyNicky
11-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Thats bullshit. If the Seahags are allowed to walk into the playoffs with their eyes closed the past 4 years, then our bottom feeder should be allowed in too.

Spott
11-03-2008, 04:27 PM
It looks like Herm's dream is going to come true with and 8-8 team winning the AFC West.

FAX
11-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Man. Of all the seasons for us to be in this situation. It's nice to see the goats suffering as they are, though. And the Eggos, of course.

I'm curious about whether or not Rizzo will survive to coach the goats next year. Do you think he will, Mr. Mile High Mania? He's well entrenched over there. Then again, you guys suck pretty bad.

FAX

KCUnited
11-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Thats bullshit. If the Seahags are allowed to walk into the playoffs with their eyes closed the past 4 years, then our bottom feeder should be allowed in too.

No doubt, the NFC West has won only 1 more game than the AFCW.

Mile High Mania
11-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Shanahan will leave when he calls it quits... he's earned it.

Rain Man
11-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I have a feeling it'll only be for one game, so it won't matter much.

FAX
11-03-2008, 04:54 PM

So, he's receiving no heat from the local media?

FAX

Hermcock
11-17-2008, 03:49 PM

The Chargers don't control their destiny now, Matt Day, Jr.

Nzoner
11-17-2008, 04:03 PM

Yeah he's such a great coach,wtf has he really done without Elway?

Buck
11-17-2008, 04:12 PM
The Chargers don't control their destiny now

I dont know who this is, but how do you know my name, and why did you post it?

Basileus777
11-17-2008, 04:14 PM

You posted your name in the OP of your drunken thread, anyone that can read could know it.

Buck
11-17-2008, 04:15 PM
You posted your name in the OP of your drunken thread, anyone that can read could know it.

I posted my last name too?

Basileus777
11-17-2008, 04:17 PM
I posted my last name too?

You have a point, I don't think you did post your last name. It looks like you have a stalker.

Hermcock
11-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah he's such a great coach,wtf has he really done without Elway?

Take the Broncos to the AFC Title Game with Jake Plummer?

Buck
11-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I dont care if anyone knows my first name, or my last name really, but I don't think its cool to just do something like that.

Unless we are talking about Kirstie Tynes, of course.

Hermcock
11-17-2008, 04:18 PM

Under your Chiefs Planet contact info, you list your AIM as "mattdayjr".

Buck
11-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Under your Chiefs Planet contact info, you list your AIM as "mattdayjr".

Ahhh, I see...its my own fault.

Well, carry on then.

jjchieffan
11-17-2008, 04:44 PM
I hope you are right about Shanahan Mile High. I want to see him in Dungver forever. Without Elway, he has been Herm Edwards as a coach and Matt millen/Carl Peterson as a GM.