PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Motherfuckin Gears of Motherfuckin War Two, Motherfuckers!

Jewish Rabbi
11-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Friday...

Buck
11-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I watched my brother play it, and it looks awesome.

QuikSsurfer
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Thursday night

KCChiefsMan
11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I want this but with COD5 coming out I don't know, I sucked at the 1st one

Saulbadguy
11-04-2008, 02:39 PM
I want this but with COD5 coming out I don't know, I sucked at the 1st one

COD5 will suck.

Buck
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM
COD5 will suck.

Unfortunately, you are probably right...

I really couldn't care less about the single player, but I hope the online at least is somewhat legit.

I really like the modern weapons though, and don't know what they are going to do to replace the red-dot sight.

bishop_74
11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Seriously... was that mother f***ing kosher to use language like that. Mother f***er.

KCChiefsMan
11-04-2008, 03:41 PM

I really couldn't care less about the single player, but I hope the online at least is somewhat legit.

I really like the modern weapons though, and don't know what they are going to do to replace the red-dot sight.

aperture sight replaces red dot. It's pretty similiar. But I don't think it will suck. I do like Gears but I'll probably get it when I'm done with fallout 3 and just trade that in for it to save some money

Mr Luzcious
11-04-2008, 03:51 PM
COD5 will suck.

I liked the third one well enough..

KCChiefsMan
11-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I liked the third one well enough..

I've been playing the beta and I don't think it sucks at all, besides the glitches which they will fix

Mr Luzcious
11-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I've been playing the beta and I don't think it sucks at all, besides the glitches which they will fix

In theory, anyway.

QuikSsurfer
11-04-2008, 04:40 PM
I played the beta (COD5) for about 3 days and deleted it from my harddrive. I'd much rather be playing COD4...

Anyways, this thread is about Gears 2. Fuck Treyarch.

Pablo
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm gonna really have to f*cking get to work on Fallout 3 over the next couple of days.

I spent so much time side-questing and generally f*cking off and getting lost because I don't like the on screen navigation and I sucked at using it until yesterday...but I won't even touch another game for at least a month when Gears 2 gets here. I'm pretty pumped.

I've abstained from playing any shooter for the past couple weeks in anticipation for Gears 2. It's gonna f*ckin rock everyone's face off. And I'd love to get some CP matches together so I can pWn you n00bs like there's no tomorrow.

Totally cereal pWn4g3. It will happen. I can't wait.

Ceej
11-04-2008, 05:35 PM
If I'm persuaded enough by you folks I may purchase GoW2 - even though I cannot afford it.

I remember pwning some phog.net nubs with the last one.

Bring it, bitches.

Kraus
11-04-2008, 05:37 PM
I can't wait until my lifesize Lancer gets here.

irishjayhawk
11-04-2008, 06:29 PM
The video for it was, once again, perfect.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OMHkIWLds5Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OMHkIWLds5Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Plow
11-04-2008, 07:23 PM

Haven't played it yet....but some of the maps look pretty cool.

11-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Friday can't come soon enough. I just hope I can find it somewhere on Friday rather than having to wait an extra couple days because of stocking issues. Walmart never seems to get items until two days after.

kcxiv
11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
I am passing for a while. I spentto much on games the last few weeks. Maybe i will get it in early dec.

QuikSsurfer
11-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Friday can't come soon enough. I just hope I can find it somewhere on Friday rather than having to wait an extra couple days because of stocking issues. Walmart never seems to get items until two days after.

Man, just preorder it online at gamestop.com and select in-store pickup. Guaranteed there Friday.

QuikSsurfer
I am passing for a while. I spentto much on games the last few weeks. Maybe i will get it in early dec.

Wat?

What have you bought?

QuikSsurfer
Man, just preorder it online at gamestop.com and select in-store pickup. Guaranteed there Friday.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2008, 01:48 AM
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=42367"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=42367" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

Jewish Rabbi
11-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Wat?

What have you bought?

There's been a lot of good games out recently...

Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, RB 2 and GH:WT, Fable 2

That's just off the top of my head.

11-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Man, just preorder it online at gamestop.com and select in-store pickup. Guaranteed there Friday.Not true. LBP was supposed to be in last Tuesday and they didn't get it to me until Wednesday. Whats the point of preorder when they do that?

Saulbadguy
11-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Not true. LBP was supposed to be in last Tuesday and they didn't get it to me until Wednesday. Whats the point of preorder when they do that?

I got it at Gamestop on Saturday. :doh!:

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Not true. LBP was supposed to be in last Tuesday and they didn't get it to me until Wednesday. Whats the point of preorder when they do that?

Hmm... I don't know.

That hasn't happened to me but I assure you Gears 2 will be there for you on Friday if you preorder.
You could probably still find it at Target though..

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2008, 12:02 PM
There's been a lot of good games out recently...

Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, RB 2 and GH:WT, Fable 2

That's just off the top of my head.

Left 4 Dead isn't out yet, chump.

Jewish Rabbi
11-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Left 4 Dead isn't out yet, chump.

Doesn't mean he hasn't preordered it

HC_Chief
11-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I may buy a new 360. I'm missing out on Dead Space, Fallout 3, and as of this Friday, Gears 2.

SUCK!

Probably a good idea to get a new one, as the 2 week turnaround for my 5 replacement 360s has been unbearable. Next time it goes tits up, I'll have a spare handy! :thumb:

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Doesn't mean he hasn't preordered it

I asked him what he had purchased...

11-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I got it at Gamestop on Saturday. :doh!: I called them on that Saturday and they said it wasn't in yet. Damn Liars!!!

Doesn't really matter. Ours isn't getting opened until Christmas anyway. One of my sons friends went and bought it though so they already get to play. heh

Gears is a title I want day one though.

The Franchise
11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I'd get this but I bought Fable 2 and I still haven't even opened it. Stupid life always getting in the way!

Buck
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I'd get this but I bought Fable 2 and I still haven't even opened it. Stupid life always getting in the way!

Seriously.

You should probably just quit your job and cut ties with all the people who love you...you'll get way more accomplished.

I have started playing a lot more since I broke up w/ my gf, but its totally not worth it, I'd rather be getting my stick played with than be playing with the sticks.

kcxiv
11-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Wat?

What have you bought?

Little Big Planet, Fall Out 3 and a few weeks before that Star Wars. I usually try to stick to a game every other month, but i went 3 in 2-3 weeks. lol

I am also seriously thinking of getting the new guitar hero. I cant help it, iam a sucker for games. lol

Buck
11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Little Big Planet, Fall Out 3 and a few weeks before that Star Wars. I usually try to stick to a game every other month, but i went 3 in 2-3 weeks. lol

I am also seriously thinking of getting the new guitar hero. I cant help it, iam a sucker for games. lol

GET FIFA 09

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2008, 07:02 PM

I totally understand. I bought: Silent Hill: Homecoming, Dead Space, Fifa 09, Guitar Hero World Tour, Fallout 3, and preordered Gears 2... i'm done buying games for a LONGGGGGG while (minus Left 4 dead)
I bought all of those games but ended up selling Silent Hill and Dead Space on amazon after beating them.
I'm LOVING Guitar Hero World Tour though. The new guitar is GREAT. I finally had to put down my GH2 explorer guitar :(

11-05-2008, 07:14 PM

I am also seriously thinking of getting the new guitar hero. I cant help it, iam a sucker for games. lolmy 7 year old loves Star Wars but can't beat the levels in that game. Tried to get him the invincible code but evidently they only have that for the PSP and PS2 rather than the xbox. Why is that?

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2008, 07:43 PM
my 7 year old loves Star Wars but can't beat the levels in that game. Tried to get him the invincible code but evidently they only have that for the PSP and PS2 rather than the xbox. Why is that?

Enter "FOGRANIS" without the quotes at the input code screen.

11-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Enter "FOGRANIS" without the quotes at the input code screen.Invalid code. Already tried that one.

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Invalid code. Already tried that one.

Hmmm weird. I haven't tried it as I never bought the game; the demo was shit.

That was just a code from gamefaqs.com

kcxiv
11-05-2008, 11:09 PM
my 7 year old loves Star Wars but can't beat the levels in that game. Tried to get him the invincible code but evidently they only have that for the PSP and PS2 rather than the xbox. Why is that?

Some area's are brutal. They just throw alot of enemies at you and you have to run around and kill them 1 by 1. Not finished with the game, but i think i am getting pretty darn close. Once i got LBP i been on that a bit. Game is just a ton of fun.

I dont use cheats. I may read a walkthrough if i get really stuck on some games though. I know i am going to have to for Fallout 3. Not a big RPG'er.

11-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Some area's are brutal. They just throw alot of enemies at you and you have to run around and kill them 1 by 1. Not finished with the game, but i think i am getting pretty darn close. Once i got LBP i been on that a bit. Game is just a ton of fun.

I dont use cheats. I may read a walkthrough if i get really stuck on some games though. I know i am going to have to for Fallout 3. Not a big RPG'er.

I avoid cheats like the plague. I just figured, at his age, he would need the help. Looks like the Xbox and PS3 versions will leave him out in the cold though. I certainly don't want to keep doing it for him when it gets hard. You don't learn nuttin.

EDIT
Whats really funny though... He has beaten RAtchet and Clank Tools of Destruction all by himself and I struggle just getting past the first few levels.

QuikSsurfer
11-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Anyone else going to a midnight release??

Jewish Rabbi
11-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Anyone else going to a midnight release??

I preordered from Best Buy to get the remote control tank, so I doubt they're staying open until midnight. I might tag along with a friend to another one, however.

QuikSsurfer
11-06-2008, 02:02 PM
I preordered from Best Buy to get the remote control tank, so I doubt they're staying open until midnight. I might tag along with a friend to another one, however.

From what I understand, only 8 tanks per store. You'll definitely want to get there early if you want the tank

Pablo
11-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Anyone else going to a midnight release??F*ck yes. I get off work around 10:30 and will prolly hit my Gamestop up around 11.

CAN

NOT

F*CKING

WAIT.

11-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Meh. Unless Walmart has it when I get off work Friday morning I will have to hope somebody has it in stock Friday afternoon.

Pablo
11-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Meh. Unless Walmart has it when I get off work Friday morning I will have to hope somebody has it in stock Friday afternoon.Walmart is usually pretty good about having games in stock as far as I know.

11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Walmart is usually pretty good about having games in stock as far as I know. Sometimes they won't get a new release until 2 days later. Their excuse. Friday is the ship date not the arrival date. Cracks me up when BB and GS have them that day usually.

Thats what happened when I tried to get Super Paper Mario last year.

QuikSsurfer
11-06-2008, 04:19 PM
F*ck yes. I get off work around 10:30 and will prolly hit my Gamestop up around 11.

CAN

NOT

F*CKING

WAIT.

Wanna start up some Horde tonight?

Pablo
11-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Wanna start up some Horde tonight?Maybe..I might be co-oping the campaign with a buddy of mine on his 46" TV.

But, I'll be online so send me a message and I might be able to play. It definitely looks pretty badass.

Third Eye
11-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Can't wait till midnight. I'm going to the bar next to my gamestop at 10, and at 12:05 I'll raping some locust hordes.

Kclee
11-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Some unlockables:

Unlockable: Kantus
To unlock Kantus for use in multiplayer, complete Act 2 in single-player mode on any difficulty.

Submitted by IGN Guides
Unlockable: Skorge
to unlock Skorge for use in multiplayer, complete Act 5 in single-player mode on any difficulty.

Submitted by IGN Guides
Unlockable: Flame Grenadier
To unlock the Flame Grenadier for use in multiplayer, complete Act 4 in single-player mode on any difficulty.

Submitted by IGN Guides
Unlockable: Insane Difficulty
To unlock the Insane Difficulty level, complete the game once through on any difficulty setting previously available.

Submitted by IGN Guides
Unlockable: RAAM
To unlock RAAM for use in multiplayer, have the “A Dish Best Served Cold” achievement on your hard drive from the original Gears of War.

Submitted by IGN Guides
Unlockable: Dizzy Wallin
To unlock Dizzy Wallin for use in multiplayer, complete Act 1 in single-player mode on any difficulty.

Submitted by IGN Guides
Unlockable: Anthony Carmine
To unlock Anthony Carmine for use in multiplayer, have any Act 1-related achievements unlocked on your hard drive from the original Gears of War.

Submitted by IGN Guides
Unlockable: Tai Kaliso
To unlock Tai Kaliso for use in multiplayer, complete Act 3 in single-player mode on any difficulty.

Submitted by IGN Guides
Unlockable: Lt. Minh Young Kim
To unlock Lt. Minh Young Kim for use in multiplayer, have the “Time to Remember” achievement on your hard drive from the original Gears of War.

Submitted by IGN Guides

11-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Still only 5 acts? I want 10 damnit.

11-07-2008, 12:14 AM
OK, so who do I get to hate first?

The Franchise
11-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Seriously.

You should probably just quit your job and cut ties with all the people who love you...you'll get way more accomplished.

I have started playing a lot more since I broke up w/ my gf, but its totally not worth it, I'd rather be getting my stick played with than be playing with the sticks.

Yeah....I'd rather get laid by the girlfriend....plus with the election I'm working a shit ton of overtime right now. Then throw in that I go to college fulltime. I don't even see why I have a 360 and PS3 right now. :grr:

Jewish Rabbi
11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh. Em. Eff. Gee.

Horde mode is amazing. I will never play Halo again.

Redrum_69
11-07-2008, 02:23 PM
The game was too easy.

I've already beaten it in under 10 hours took it back and got my money back.

Buck
11-07-2008, 02:31 PM
The game was too easy.

That sucks to hear.

QuikSsurfer
11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
The game was too easy.

Wat?

You bought this for the campaign only? You should have played through a second time on insane.

wutamess
11-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Anyone wanna call it biggest flop of the year?
So similar to Halo (even the "reticules".

GoW1 was great because it took full advantage of HD capabilities of the XBox.

This one is same game different main killer.
The maneuvering is sloppy at best. I constantly found myself hating having to remember to push A to run.

There's literally NO difference between this game and the redundantly fighting Halo series.
Sucks that you have to empty a clip into someone in order to kill them.

Major disappointment.

11-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Anyone wanna call it biggest flop of the year?
So similar to Halo (even the "reticules".

GoW1 was great because it took full advantage of HD capabilities of the XBox.

This one is same game different main killer.
The maneuvering is sloppy at best. I constantly found myself hating having to remember to push A to run.

There's literally NO difference between this game and the redundantly fighting Halo series.
Sucks that you have to empty a clip into someone in order to kill them.

Major disappointment.
yeah I kind of agree. It's not stellar but I'll still enjoy it. Better than Halo 3 at least.

QuikSsurfer
10-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Anyone have the snowblind map pack and down for some horde? I want those achievements

salame
10-04-2009, 12:19 AM
this game was a letdown