PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sporting News - Page/Pollard can't tackle

B_Ambuehl
11-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Page 9 here: http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20081105/?sub_id=5zo2oWnVBmGb&folio=CGI

About time people start noticing. People always want to give Page a free pass but I've been saying this for 3 years. Next year there will be some new safeties.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
The Chiefs actually want to start Morgan over Pollard but he's been dinged up.

I still think Page is worth keeping. But yes, he can't tackle for shit.

Buck
11-06-2008, 04:07 PM

Hammock Parties
11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
ROFL

Ultra Peanut
11-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Sporting News - Water is wet

Demonpenz
11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
can we try pollard at linebacker?

Delano
11-06-2008, 04:11 PM

Hah. So you are making the best of the new username?

chiefs1111
11-06-2008, 04:12 PM
gee,tell us something we don't know Sporting News..........

chiefs1111
11-06-2008, 04:13 PM

No,he just needs to go period....

StcChief
11-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Pollard isn't Crushin' Bones?

beach tribe
11-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Been saying it forever. Pollard missed a tackle on 185 lb Eddie Royal with afree shot, he takes HORRIBLE angles to the ball, and constantly bites on PA......and he's slow.

This may sound crazy, but I would be trying to get M.Huff off of the Raiders. They're stupid, and we may be able to get him for a 4th. I think he has potential, and the Raiders can't get out out of him. He's third on their depth Chart, and I'll bet they don't want to pay him.

Morgan will take Pollard's job, and out perform him soon enough.

Tribal Warfare
11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Use Limit Exceeded.
This is a protected site. You have exceeded your accepted usage for this magazine.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send mail to digital support.

If you would like to register for Sporting News Today for free, please go to: http://www.coverleaf.com/sportingnewstoday.

beach tribe
11-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Use Limit Exceeded.
This is a protected site. You have exceeded your accepted usage for this magazine.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send mail to digital support.

If you would like to register for Sporting News Today for free, please go to: http://www.coverleaf.com/sportingnewstoday.

That's what I got.

chiefs1111
11-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Not mention Pollard hasn't blocked any punts this year,so he is even more disappointing than usual

chiefs1111
11-06-2008, 05:08 PM
That's what I got.

I got it as well..

beach tribe
11-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Man I was on the Pollard wagon too. I really thought he was going to be a player.

I was wrong.....big time.....he sux.

chiefsngop
11-06-2008, 06:09 PM
What I believe sucks is a coaching staff that cannot get NFL caliber players to take proper angles to the football and wrap & tackle.

And yes I believe under the proper coaching / development / support staff Paige and Pollard could be NFL caliber players.

This staff is wasteful.

the Talking Can
11-06-2008, 06:11 PM
everyone but claythan already knew that - and isn't it amazing how claythan loves every piece of shit player:

Wesley
Huard
Darling
LJ
Pollard

he has had crying and screaming rants about all of them, trying to defend them...what an epic fucking dumbass...

anyways

our safties suck arse...but page was only a 7th rounder, so it is hard to be to upset....pollard on the other hand, oy...

Hammock Parties
11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
everyone but claythan already knew that - and isn't it amazing how claythan loves every piece of shit player:

Wesley
Huard
Darling
LJ
Pollard

he has had crying and screaming rants about all of them, trying to defend them...what an epic fucking dumbass...

Dude, fuck you. I have been ragging on Pollard for quite some time now.

And we'd still be better off with Wesley...

beach tribe
11-06-2008, 07:10 PM

Any playing time that Wesley would have gotten should go to Morgan.

Wesley would not benefit this roster one iota.

StcChief
11-06-2008, 07:11 PM
What I believe sucks is a coaching staff that cannot get NFL caliber players to take proper angles to the football and wrap & tackle.

And yes I believe under the proper coaching / development / support staff Paige and Pollard could be NFL caliber players.

This staff is wasteful.agreed.... college/NFL different faster etc. so coaching is hugh... tells me alot about ours. they suck.

RedThat
11-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Been saying it forever. Pollard missed a tackle on 185 lb Eddie Royal with afree shot, he takes HORRIBLE angles to the ball, and constantly bites on PA......and he's slow.

This may sound crazy, but I would be trying to get M.Huff off of the Raiders. They're stupid, and we may be able to get him for a 4th. I think he has potential, and the Raiders can't get out out of him. He's third on their depth Chart, and I'll bet they don't want to pay him.

Another I can't stand about Pollard's play is his ego. He has a bigtime ego problem. Way too many times I've seen him try to go for the big pop hit instead of simply wrapping up the guy and tackle. He needs to work on his fundamentals and be a little more simple.

BWillie
11-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Not mention Pollard hasn't blocked any punts this year,so he is even more disappointing than usual

Yeah, the first year he was a Chief and everybody was raving about him because he blocked a couple of kicks...I just couldn't figure out how people thought that would translate over to a good safety

dj56dt58
11-07-2008, 02:58 AM

ROFL

The Chiefs being able to get more out of a defensive player than another team?

ROFL

cabletech94
11-07-2008, 06:12 AM
When did Dan Dierdorf start writing for The Sporting News?
I thought he could barely spell his name?

beach tribe
11-07-2008, 06:24 AM
ROFL

The Chiefs being able to get more out of a defensive player than another team?

ROFL

We're talking about the RAIDERS here smart guy. M. Huff is more talented than any of our safeties by far.

dtebbe
11-07-2008, 09:15 AM

Wesley was never even in the same zip code as the ball-carrier, so poor tackling and bad angles were never a problem for him. Wesley was around about 3 years longer than he should have been in the first place.

DT

Deberg_1990
11-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Now would be a great time to remind all that the Chiefs drafted Siavii 8 spots ahead of Bob Sanders in 04!

Pasta Little Brioni
11-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Now would be a great time to remind all that the Chiefs drafted Siavii 8 spots ahead of Bob Sanders in 04!

Wasn't aware of that. Wow.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Wasn't aware of that. Wow.

Yep. These are the kinds of consistent drafting gaffes Carl has made repeatedly over the past 10 years or so.

and people still wonder how we got to this point.....

We keep sucking on defense because we keep missing on defensive linemen, safeties and Linebackers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-07-2008, 09:51 AM
We're talking about the RAIDERS here smart guy. M. Huff is more talented than any of our safeties by far.

If you are talking about raw physical talent, there isn't much of a difference between he and Morgan.

Morgan only slipped because he has almost no playing experience. He's a phenomenal physical specimen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-07-2008, 09:51 AM

It would also be a great time to remind people that Baby Lee thinks Bob Sanders is more valuable to the Colts than Peyton Manning.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Yep. These are the kinds of consistent drafting gaffes Carl has made repeatedly over the past 10 years or so.

and people still wonder how we got to this point.....

We keep sucking on defense because we keep missing on defensive linemen, safeties and Linebackers.

Yeah, the drafting gaffes are well known. I remember thinking who the hell is Jr. Saivii when they picked him. Even worse that they could have gotten a guy like Sanders and reached for a turd like Jr. What a joke.

boogblaster
11-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Both are bad at tackling .. but both are getting better at coverage ...

vailpass
11-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Page and Pollard are such shitty tacklers that they could play for the Broncos.

beach tribe
11-07-2008, 10:19 AM
If you are talking about raw physical talent, there isn't much of a difference between he and Morgan.

Morgan only slipped because he has almost no playing experience. He's a phenomenal physical specimen.

I know. That's why I want him to take Pollard's job as I said Earlier. I want Huff as a FS.

beach tribe
11-07-2008, 10:21 AM
It would also be a great time to remind people that Baby Lee thinks Bob Sanders is more valuable to the Colts than Peyton Manning.

Is? No. But he sure as hell was during their SB run. If it wasn't for B.S. they do not go to the SB in my mind.

Peyton, had a very average PO run that yr.

HemiEd
11-07-2008, 10:26 AM

Yeah but they didn't have the talent genius, Herm Edwards at the time, like they did with Pollard.

Pollard did a good job of dancing on "hard knocks" but the rest has been suspect.

morphius
11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Pollard is still playing a ton better than he has since he got here, sure he has missed some tackles but I have seen obvious improvement. Page has been terrible on angles and tackling and seems to be regressing.

Fish
11-07-2008, 10:49 AM

Thanks for the reminder..... http://msp202.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/munky0621/suicide-7.gif

Brock
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Could you post the fucking article?

beach tribe
11-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Pollard is still playing a ton better than he has since he got here, sure he has missed some tackles but I have seen obvious improvement. Page has been terrible on angles and tackling and seems to be regressing.

Looks the same to me. Consistently bad at tackling, and everything that goes into tackling. Angles, breaking down, squaring shoulders, and wrapping up. He does none.

EDIT: The very first thing you are tought in football about tackling is to get your head in front of the ball carrier. I've see Pollard try to throw a ton of hits with his head Behind the ball carrier. I learned that in Jr High, and HS for god's sake.

Nero's Neptune
11-07-2008, 11:44 AM
So basically what we have here now is a back-up safety that can't tackle and is too slow....for a 2nd round pick. Nice. Anyone want to keep arguing that Herm is this great talent evaluator guru? That was his pick, a he's been raving about Pollard and Page since their first rookie camp. Even Gunther questioned whether these guys could play at the start of last year.

Wake up...Herm can't coach, we knew that....but he's also not a great talent evaluator. How many more rookie free agent corners is he going to put on the 53 man roster before Clark or Carl tells him to just stop already? He hasn't picked one yet that can play.

Nero's Neptune
11-07-2008, 11:45 AM
and Herm drafted Marcus freakin' Maxey.....for god's sake. 5th round pick, gone.

beach tribe
11-07-2008, 11:47 AM
So basically what we have here now is a back-up safety that can't tackle and is too slow....for a 2nd round pick. Nice. Anyone want to keep arguing that Herm is this great talent evaluator guru? That was his pick, a he's been raving about Pollard and Page since their first rookie camp. Even Gunther questioned whether these guys could play at the start of last year.

Wake up...Herm can't coach, we knew that....but he's also not a great talent evaluator. How many more rookie free agent corners is he going to put on the 53 man roster before Clark or Carl tells him to just stop already? He hasn't picked one yet that can play.

I've been saying that all along. He has impressed me with 1 pick in his entire Career, and that's Carr. The rest were either no brainers, or brainless picks. Flowers was a no-brainer, and Pollard was a brainless. We could have had Pollard in the 3rd.

CupidStunt
11-07-2008, 11:52 AM

Yeah, because we aren't already sick of LBs who can't tackle.

Mecca
11-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Most of us realized Pollard sucked a long time ago...Page and Pollard are basically backups. Pollard should be doing what John McGraw does, playing special teams. Jarrad Page could probably be a pretty decent 3rd safety that plays in 3 safety nickel spots.

The problem with Morgan replacing Pollard is Morgan is much more physically suited and built to be a FS.

I'd love to have Taylor Mays on this team to fix that issue but I doubt that would really be a good idea to use a pick that high on him.

orange
11-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I see a common theme in some of HE's draft picks.

Hali, Pollard, McBride...

I think he puts too much emphasis on a guy's "motor."

Mecca
11-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I see a common theme in some of HE's draft picks.

Hali, Pollard, McBride...

I think he puts too much emphasis on a guy's "motor."

That first draft of his was just brutal we drafted....a DE who was maxed out and it's shown by the fact that he hasn't gotten any better...a slow safety who was taken a round to high and an injury prone QB.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2008, 12:16 PM
That first draft of his was just brutal we drafted....a DE who was maxed out and it's shown by the fact that he hasn't gotten any better...a slow safety who was taken a round to high and an injury prone QB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_nfl_draft

How about some revisionist draft history?

Chiefs:

1st round: DeMeco Ryans

2nd Round: Jeremy Trueblood

3rd round: Eric Smith

Mecca
11-07-2008, 12:18 PM
It's pretty sad that the best player taken after us that year was Davin Joseph...

Deberg_1990
11-07-2008, 12:19 PM
It's pretty sad that the best player taken after us that year was Davin Joseph...

Yea, it was kind of a weak draft.

Mecca
11-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Yea, it was kind of a weak draft.

Yea..still no excuse to take a maxed out player with no upside then follow it with a safety that runs like a average speed LB followed with a super injury prone QB.

beach tribe
11-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Most of us realized Pollard sucked a long time ago...Page and Pollard are basically backups. Pollard should be doing what John McGraw does, playing special teams. Jarrad Page could probably be a pretty decent 3rd safety that plays in 3 safety nickel spots.

The problem with Morgan replacing Pollard is Morgan is much more physically suited and built to be a FS.

I'd love to have Taylor Mays on this team to fix that issue but I doubt that would really be a good idea to use a pick that high on him.

I keep forgetting that Morgan is only about 205. I just remember him playing ferociously in college, and think S.S. when i think about him.

Mecca
11-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Now if you put Mays in at SS we'd probably have the best young secondary in all of the league, but this board would go insane about taking another safety that high.

chiefsngop
11-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Now if you put Mays in at SS we'd probably have the best young secondary in all of the league, but this board would go insane about taking another safety that high.

That, & the fact the Chiefs have a long history of NOT admitting their mistakes and trying to immediately fix them.

IMO they have a strong history of trying to "stay the course." Maybe this rebuild philosophy will change that, but I'm skeptical.

I'd personally be Ok if they could find a way to upgrade any part of this team to "strong." It'd be great going into gameday knowing that at least "this part" of our team was really good. Whatever "this part" ends up being.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2008, 02:13 PM
2 things our defense needs the most

1. a legit pass rushing RDE
2. ability to tackle (especially with our linebackers and safeties)

teedubya
11-08-2008, 02:53 PM
If we cut Pollard, you know that the New England Patriots will pick him up... Oh, maybe not. NM

Bwana
11-08-2008, 05:50 PM
This is NEWS? We have been talking about this for a long time. I wonder if these guys have figured out that man landed on the moon yet?