PDA

View Full Version : Life Any photographers here?

Long Duk Dong
11-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Was looking to buy another lens or two for my Nikon D80.

I have a 18-55mm lens right now, but wanted to another lens to my arsenal.

Anyone used a Sigma or Tamaron lens?
I was looking at those two brands as well as a Nikon lens.

I shot all sorts of random stuff; portraits, family, landscape, blah(nekid women)blah blah.

Cheers,

Dartgod
11-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I think Zach is your man.

NTTIAWWT

Stewie
11-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Paging Zach. Zach, come in please.

Goapics1
11-07-2008, 01:08 PM
:)you gonna buy one over your 5 day Christmas break? Or will you not have enough time because it used to be 9 days?
j/k.

Long Duk Dong
11-07-2008, 01:10 PM
:)you gonna buy one over your 5 day Christmas break? Or will you not have enough time because it used to be 9 days?
j/k.

%(/:spank:

:D

|Zach|
11-07-2008, 01:31 PM
I am someone who is prone to stick with the lens of the maker of my camera. However Sigma lenses are very popular and are of good quality.

I don't have a Nikon but for portraits I enjoy my 24-70L (canon).

Gives me a lot of range but wouldn't be a huge departure from what you already have.

Make sure you are getting enough of a difference from your current lens to get a lot of "bang for your buck".

Here is a pretty good thread to get you started.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=113522&forum_id=66

Fire Me Boy!
11-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I am someone who is prone to stick with the lens of the maker of my camera. However Sigma lenses are very popular and are of good quality.

Gives me a lot of range but wouldn't be a huge departure from what you already have.

Make sure you are getting enough of a difference from your current lens to get a lot of "bang for your buck".

How you liking those L-series lenses?

Long Duk Dong
11-07-2008, 01:39 PM

Appreciate it.
I was going to stick with a Nikon lens, but someone told me to take a look at Sigma and Tamaron. Don't have any experience with either, so I thought i'd ask around.
Appreciate the links.

|Zach|
11-07-2008, 01:39 PM
How you liking those L-series lenses?

Ya know I always feel a little bit like a fraud talking up the gear too much. I have what I have and absolutely love it and am able to the stuff I want with it. I chose that lens for its ability to do a wide range of things and it has been good to.

Fire Me Boy!
11-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Ya know I always feel a little bit like a fraud talking up the gear too much. I have what I have and absolutely love it and am able to the stuff I want with it. I chose that lens for its ability to do a wide range of things and it has been good to.

No doubt the photo is the cause of the eye behind the lens, but good glass makes a difference. Photography, at its very basic, is bending light. You gotta have good glass to bend it well.

bogey
11-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Was looking to buy another lens or two for my Nikon D80.

I have a 18-55mm lens right now, but wanted to another lens to my arsenal.

Anyone used a Sigma or Tamaron lens?
I was looking at those two brands as well as a Nikon lens.

I shot all sorts of random stuff; portraits, family, landscape, blah(nekid women)blah blah.

Cheers,

worthless without

RJ
11-07-2008, 03:07 PM
A great explanation of nekkid, from the late Lewis Grizzard.

"In the south there's a difference between 'Naked' and 'Nekkid.' 'Naked' means you don't have any clothes on. Nekkid' means you don't have any clothes on ... and you're up to somethin!"