PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Role Models

Gravedigger
11-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I found this movie to be pretty funny, a little more funny than Zach and Miri. Seann William Scott is the same guy he plays in all his roles, a wise-cracking man-whore that scores with all the chicks. Paul Rudd plays the protaganist that just lost his girlfriend, hates his life, and gets the both of them involved in mandatory community service, as a means to get out of jail. They get enrolled in a program called Sturdy Wings which is headed by a woman who used to be a drug abuser turned ultimate bs'er, played by Jane Lynch. They assign the two "Big's" their own "Little" to watch over for the remainder of thier services. Rudd gets a young boy who is an active part of a real life role playing club called LAIR (League Adventurers in Role Playing or something like that) played by McLovin. Scott is given a crude african american child named ronnie, which the two end up connecting over their love for cursing and boobs.

Overall the movie had more laughs than Zach and Miri for me. Most of the humor is the adults cursing at children and likewise the other way, which is funny for awhile, but luckily the movie strays from it midway so it opens up to the two men finding out more about themselves then they could've imagined, the quintessential lesson learned routine. Elizabeth Banks is in it for short periods at a time, where she doesn't have much comedic dialogue, she's just there to break Paul Rudd's heart essentially. Overall I liked the film, its a great comedy and I'll probably go see it again next week before the big one comes out, Quantum of Solace. If you see this movie stay after the first set of credits to see a small snippet.

irishjayhawk
11-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I liked it less than Miri but that's mostly because it didn't have almost a single shred of plot.

Funny, but stupid. There's a reason Apatow comedies are above the cut.