PDA

View Full Version : Football lol @ Penn St. Big 10 is crap.

jidar
11-08-2008, 05:55 PM
lol.
Penn St. lost to Iowa 24 to 23.
Now we a have at actually having a decent championship bowl game instead of another POS Big 10 team.

Big 12 = SEC > Pac 10 > every other div 1 > Div 2a > Big 10

chiefs1111
11-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah the big 10 is pretty sad...

tk13
11-08-2008, 05:57 PM
What the heck makes the Pac 10 worthy of that kinda ranking? Haha.. USC obviously is great... other than that though, I don't know.

Coach
11-08-2008, 05:59 PM
What the heck makes the Pac 10 worthy of that kinda ranking? Haha.. USC obviously is great... other than that though, I don't know.

"Tradition"

Phobia
11-08-2008, 06:01 PM
The Hawkeyes are amazing. In fact, had they not lost any games they'd be right in the hunt for a national championship.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2008, 06:07 PM
If I had my way, the Big X wouldn't even be a BCS conference. It's a fucking joke.

chiefs1111
11-08-2008, 06:08 PM
If I had my way, the Big X wouldn't even be a BCS conference. It's a fucking joke.

agreed

milkman
11-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Am I ever glad that Penn St. lost.

On the other hand, had Penn St. gone udefeated and somehow not have been invited to play for the National Championship, it could have added fuel to the pro side of the playoff debate.

Phobia
11-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Half of our starting defensive line lost big, big games today.

L.A. Chieffan
11-08-2008, 06:30 PM

It's true. Pac 10 has no dick.

milkman
11-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Half of our starting defensive line lost big, big games today.

That's okay.

They've gotten used to losing.

alanm
11-08-2008, 06:33 PM

On the other hand, had Penn St. gone udefeated and somehow not have been invited to play for the National Championship, it could have added fuel to the pro side of the playoff debate.Actually that would of been better. Unfortunate as it would of been.

El Jefe
11-08-2008, 06:34 PM
lol.
Penn St. lost to Iowa 24 to 23.
Now we a have at actually having a decent championship bowl game instead of another POS Big 10 team.

Big 12 = SEC > Pac 10 > every other div 1 > Div 2a > Big 10

Big 10 hasn't been great the least 2 years, but Iowa isn't that bad either. Greene is leading the Nation in rushing, and Javon Ringer from MSU is leading the Nation in Touchdowns, and I think Beanie Wells is the best RB in the Nation. Just typical Big 10 haters.

El Jefe
11-08-2008, 06:34 PM
It's true. Pac 10 has no dick.

PAC 10 is twice as bad as the Big 10.

keg in kc
11-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Forget the Big 12, it's pretty much SEC > everybody else this season.

Anyway, I love college football in the parity era. The last season and a half has just been amazing.

This coming from a Michigan fan. It's not easy to watch when it's your team being upset by a junior high squad, but it's still pretty damn cool having no idea who the next team to fall will be.

El Jefe
11-08-2008, 06:37 PM

Anyway, I love college football in the parity era. The last season and a half has just been amazing.

This coming from a Michigan fan. It's not easy to watch when it's your team being upset by a junior high squad, but it's still pretty damn cool having no idea who the next team to fall will be.

God Bless College Football.

vailpass
11-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Big 12 couldn't carry SECs jock top to bottome. Big 10 on a down year is still better top to bottom than the miserable Pac 1. (not a typo)

kstater
11-08-2008, 06:40 PM

:spock:

1. Alabama 9-0
2. Texas Tech 9-0
3. Penn State 9-0
4. Texas 8-1
5. Florida 7-1
6. Oklahoma 8-1
7. USC 7-1
8. Utah 9-0
9. Oklahoma State 8-1
10. Boise State 8-0
11. Ohio State 7-2
12. TCU 9-1
13. Georgia 7-2
14. Missouri 7-2
15. BYU 8-1
16. LSU 6-2
17. Ball State 8-0
18. Michigan State 8-2
19. North Carolina 6-2
20. Georgia Tech 7-2
21. California 6-2
22. Florida State 6-2
23. Maryland 6-2
24. Northwestern 7-2
25. West Virginia 6-2

alanm
11-08-2008, 06:44 PM

I watched some of the Mich - Minn game today. Mich whupped up on them pretty good. :thumb:

BWillie
11-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Actually Iowa isn't as bad of a team as their 6-4 record indicate. They've lost 4 games by a combined total of like 10 points. The yes, the Big 10 still does suck.

the Talking Can
11-08-2008, 06:53 PM
big 12 has 7 bowl eligible teams, more than anyone

the big 12 south - by itself - is the toughest conference in the country, hands down....

keg in kc
:spock:Just my opinion. I think any of the 4 top teams in the SEC would beat any of the 4 top teams in the Big 12 on a neutral field. This including LSU who fell to 6-3 today.

I don't have a horse in either conference, this is just my view as a neutral fan. If anything I'm probably biased towards the Big 12 since I live in the midwest and pretty much hate the SEC.

Mecca
Ahahaha......if only Alabama had lost too...

I'm still pulling for that Florida/USC title game.

keg in kc
11-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I watched some of the Mich - Minn game today. Mich whupped up on them pretty goodYeah, the one week I don't watch....

ROFL

kstater
11-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Just my opinion. I think any of the 4 top teams in the SEC would beat any of the 4 top teams in the Big 12 on a neutral field. This including LSU who fell to 6-3 today.

I'm just going to let this go right now. No sense in even talking further.

Mecca
11-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Just my opinion. I think any of the 4 top teams in the SEC would beat any of the 4 top teams in the Big 12 on a neutral field. This including LSU who fell to 6-3 today.

I don't have a horse in either conference, this is just my view as a neutral fan. If anything I'm probably biased towards the Big 12 since I live in the midwest and pretty much hate the SEC.

Yea so on a neutral field USC would beat every team in the country, but that isn't really helping the ranking right now.

keg in kc
11-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Yea so on a neutral field USC would beat every team in the country, but that isn't really helping the ranking right now.Possible, although I doubt it. Problem is we're talking conferences and they're the only team worth a shit in the pac-1.

Mecca
11-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Possible, although I doubt it. Problem is we're talking conferences and they're the only team worth a shit in the pac-1.

Yea but I really don't think USC should be penalized because the rest of the conference fucked up.

the Talking Can
11-08-2008, 07:05 PM

wow, i totally disagree...i feel just the opposite actually

the only sec team that really blows me away is florida...

but we have a good chance of seeing it settled on the field now that penn st is out...

the Talking Can
11-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Yea but I really don't think USC should be penalized because the rest of the conference ****ed up.

why?

every team is affected by their conference....nothing anyone can do about that...

Niblet2008
11-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Ahahaha......if only Alabama had lost too...

I'm still pulling for that Florida/USC title game.

You are laughing??? Ummm how did USC do againist Oregon State?ROFL

Mecca
11-08-2008, 07:14 PM
why?

every team is affected by their conference....nothing anyone can do about that...

Should we let them borrow our players?

Several of those teams have NO EXCUSE to be bad, hell SC even goes out of it's way to schedule a good non con.

Bearcat
11-08-2008, 07:16 PM

LSU has a couple of pretty bad losses, and so does Georgia... while the top 4 Big 12 teams don't have any bad losses. The one thing I'd give the Big 12 teams is that they haven't taken any days off.

The battle between TTech's offense and Texas' defense last week was awesome, and I'd love to see more of that, whether it's 'Bama/Tech or Florida/Texas or whoever.... :drool:

Don't flatter yourself. ;)

the Talking Can
11-08-2008, 07:18 PM

Several of those teams have NO EXCUSE to be bad, hell SC even goes out of it's way to schedule a good non con.

well, then don't lose to oregon state....problem solved....

i don't mean that as smack either, i like usc, i like watching them play, i just mean that you can't lose in a conference that bad....thems the breaks...

strength of schedule matters...and when one division in a conference has 4 legitimate top 10 teams, they're going to get the nod...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2008, 07:21 PM

I will say this: You guys have no excuse to ever lose any game to a team that isn't Texas, Oklahoma, or an SEC power. You have so much talent on your team, it's miraculous that Carroll is able to keep some games that close.

Mecca
11-08-2008, 07:23 PM
I will say this: You guys have no excuse to ever lose any game to a team that isn't Texas, Oklahoma, or an SEC power. You have so much talent on your team, it's miraculous that Carroll is able to keep some games that close.

I personally would rather play in a conference like the SEC, we always play better against good teams we never no show in a big game.

keg in kc
11-08-2008, 07:24 PM
we have a good chance of seeing it settled on the field now that penn st is out...If it didn't look like Florida/Alabama was a lock for the SEC championship, I'd say watch it end up being 2 SEC schools in the BCS title game.

And who the hell knows how the Big 12 south ends up, with OU and TT playing next week and OU/OSU playing at the end of the month.

And then you have Mizzou's shot to play spoiler in the conference title game.

You could have every school in the Big 12 with 2 losses. (Although I seriously doubt it of course...)

And hell, it's entirely feasible that Boise State and Utah end up being the only undefeated schools.

milkman
11-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I personally would rather play in a conference like the SEC, we always play better against good teams we never no show in a big game.

That is Pete Carroll's one big flaw as a college coach.

He seems to hvae that one game each season against a far inferior opponent that he can't get his guys up for.

the Talking Can
11-08-2008, 07:42 PM
If it didn't look like Florida/Alabama was a lock for the SEC championship, I'd say watch it end up being 2 SEC schools in the BCS title game.

And who the hell knows how the Big 12 south ends up, with OU and TT playing next week and OU/OSU playing at the end of the month.

And then you have Mizzou's shot to play spoiler in the conference title game.

You could have every school in the Big 12 with 2 losses. (Although I seriously doubt it of course...)

And hell, it's entirely feasible that Boise State and Utah end up being the only undefeated schools.

I think Florida will beat Bama.

Florida/USC would be a great game.

But Florida TT/OU/UT would be interesting as well, just because I don't think the big 12 south offenses can be stopped (i'd love to see Tech vs USC though...Leach strikes me as unafraid, unlike Tressel).

regardless there are lots of great possible bowl matchups this year, lets just hope the committees don't f it up....

ChiefsCountry
11-08-2008, 07:44 PM
LSU has a couple of pretty bad losses, and so does Georgia... while the top 4 Big 12 teams don't have any bad losses.

Georgia has just lost to Alabama and Florida. I dont think those are that bad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2008, 07:45 PM
If USC is motivated, they should be able to easily stop the spread, just due to the fact that they have athletes who are so good they should have no problem tackling guys 1 on 1 in space. If you can do that, you can shut any spread team down.

keg in kc
11-08-2008, 07:46 PM
I think Florida will beat Bama.That's a game that could end up being a rematch in the BCS title game. If bama stays undefeated up to that point, and the SEC championship is a close game. 2 beats 1 in a barn-burner, and then they swap spots in the rankings...

Some other things would have to happen, like maybe Mizzou pulling an upset in the Big 12 title game. It's far-fetched but possible.

And boy wouldn't that piss off some people in this part of the country...

kstater
11-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Georgia has just lost to Alabama and Florida. I dont think those are that bad.

Losing by almost 40 is a bad loss regardless of who you're playing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2008, 07:49 PM
That's a game that could end up being a rematch in the BCS title game. If bama stays undefeated up to that point, and the SEC championship is a close game. 2 beats 1 in a barn-burner, and then they swap spots in the rankings...

Some other things would have to happen, like maybe Mizzou pulling an upset in the Big 12 title game. It's far-fetched but possible.

USC would have to lose, probably to UC"R"A, and Mizzou would have to beat Tech or Ok St. in the BXII, because there is no way they could beat Texas or Oklahoma.

Funny thing is that if all that happened, you might get a team like Utah in the title game.

the Talking Can
11-08-2008, 07:50 PM
That's a game that could end up being a rematch in the BCS title game. If bama stays undefeated up to that point, and the SEC championship is a close game. 2 beats 1 in a barn-burner, and then they swap spots in the rankings...

i'd never thought the possibility, i assumed they had to take teams from different conferences but i'm sure there is no such rule now that i think about it...

but usc would have to lose again too

Pitt Gorilla
11-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Big 10 hasn't been great the least 2 years, but Iowa isn't that bad either. Greene is leading the Nation in rushing, and Javon Ringer from MSU is leading the Nation in Touchdowns, and I think Beanie Wells is the best RB in the Nation. Just typical Big 10 haters.Yes, Iowa is that bad. I "get" to watch them every week and they are terrible.

keg in kc
11-08-2008, 07:51 PM
USC would have to lose, probably to UC"R"A, and Mizzou would have to beat Tech or Ok St. in the BXII, because there is no way they could beat Texas or Oklahoma.

Funny thing is that if all that happened, you might get a team like Utah in the title game.Yep. Boise State's still looming out there, too. One of them will end up being Missouri last year, left out of a BCS game they should probably be in (record-wise).

I think it would be hilarious if every other BCS team lost 2 games and they ended up playing each other in the title game.

I can only imagine what kind of ratings that would get.

the Talking Can
11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
If USC is motivated, they should be able to easily stop the spread, just due to the fact that they have athletes who are so good they should have no problem tackling guys 1 on 1 in space. If you can do that, you can shut any spread team down.

yeah, i should clarify.. i don't think there is a sec team that could stop ou/tt/ut...

but usc has the talent on D, that's why I'd like to see TT vs USC as kind of an experiment...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Javon Ringer fucking sucks, FWIW. Goddamn that guy is slow.

keg in kc
11-08-2008, 07:57 PM
yeah, i should clarify.. i don't think there is a sec team that could stop ou/tt/ut...I don't know. I'm not sold on Texas Tech yet, and OU has a hell of a bowl streak going since their championship. The kind of streak michigan fans are used to seeing.

bango
11-08-2008, 09:07 PM

Funny thing is that if all that happened, you might get a team like Utah in the title game.

The powers that be will never allow anything like this to happen. It would be great, but it will not ever be likely. They would have a playoff first and that is never going to take place either. A playoff is the only chance that the Boise States, Utahs, and such have at seeing a title in NCAA Division 1 Football.

Deberg_1990
11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I cant wait until Obama implements his BCS Playoff plan.

Change is coming folks!!

Bugeater
11-08-2008, 09:25 PM

On the other hand, had Penn St. gone udefeated and somehow not have been invited to play for the National Championship, it could have added fuel to the pro side of the playoff debate.

You could throw a nuke on the pro side of the playoff debate, and we still wouldn't be any closer to it happening.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2008, 09:29 PM

LMAO

Bearcat
11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
LMAO

I found it just as hilarious, especially since the Pac 10 is 3-1 versus the Big 10 this year.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2008, 09:33 PM
I found it just as hilarious, especially since the Pac 10 is 3-1 versus the Big 10 this year.

I like the guy, but the Big 10 being anywhere near the Pac 10 is laughable. The talent level is more spread out in the Pac 10 then anytime in history. I won't deny that this is a down year, but they have beating the shit out of each other for some time. The Big 12 has leap frogged the Pac 10, but the Big 10? I think I hold the ACC in higher esteem than the Big 10 at this point.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Yea but I really don't think USC should be penalized because the rest of the conference fucked up.

Huh. Go see a Doctor, you came down with a case of the stupid. How's Oregon State doing this year? California is playing you pretty tough right now aren't they? There's only 2 teams in the Pac 10 that suck balls this year, and they're both in WA state.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
P.S 5 teams are already bowl eligible from the PAC 10. It will probably be 6 maybe 7 before it's all said and done.

Mecca
11-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Huh. Go see a Doctor, you came down with a case of the stupid. How's Oregon State doing this year? California is playing you pretty tough right now aren't they? There's only 2 teams in the Pac 10 that suck balls this year, and they're both in WA state.

UCLA doesn't suck really?

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2008, 09:53 PM
UCLA doesn't suck really?

I forgot about them. Granted. They're terrible. I'm biased though, I think Rick Neuheisal is a fucking crook. This is a down year for the Pac 10, but dude, just last year you said yourself that the SEC and PAC 10 were the best conferences in college football. Granted, the Big XXII has moved ahead of the Pac 10, but let's not pretend the pac 10 is the shitty big 10. They're still a premier conference in college football chalked full of talent.

bango
11-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I like the guy, but the Big 10 being anywhere near the Pac 10 is laughable. The talent level is more spread out in the Pac 10 then anytime in history. I won't deny that this is a down year, but they have beating the shit out of each other for some time. The Big 12 has leap frogged the Pac 10, but the Big 10? I think I hold the ACC in higher esteem than the Big 10 at this point.

The ACC? Are you joking. Every team in that conf. has at least two losses. The Pac and Big 10s are both better than that excuse for a conf. The Big East is as bad as the ACC is this year.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2008, 10:11 PM
The ACC? Are you joking. Every team in that conf. has at least two losses. The Pac and Big 10s are both better than that excuse for a conf. The Big East is as bad as the ACC is this year.

I wasn't serious, but I was trying be crystal clear about how bad I think the Big 10 is. I guess it worked.

Mecca
11-08-2008, 10:13 PM
The ACC will start coming back at some point, I expect Butch Davis will have North Carolina as a perennial top 10 team in about 3 years...

And when I say Pac 10 teams with no excuse to suck that is a straight reference to UCLA.

bango
11-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I wasn't serious, but I was trying be crystal clear about how bad I think the Big 10 is. I guess it worked.

You got your point across. It is not a good thing when the top team in a league has a coach that scolds his players when they use the forward pass.

Coach
11-08-2008, 10:17 PM
The ACC will start coming back at some point, I expect Butch Davis will have North Carolina as a perennial top 10 team in about 3 years...

And when I say Pac 10 teams with no excuse to suck that is a straight reference to UCLA.

VT could make a comeback, if they could find a fucking quarterback who isn't inconsistent.

Bearcat
11-08-2008, 10:18 PM

Only 1 team in the Big 10 has fewer than 2 losses and it was to Iowa.

The Big 10's biggest non-conference win is Wisconsin over Fresno State or PSU over Oregon State.... The ACC has FSU over Colorado and Maryland over California and VTech over Nebraska. Actually, after scrolling through the non-conference games, I'd agree that the ACC is right there with the Big 10.... and that's sad.

Hilariously sad. LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-08-2008, 10:21 PM

The fucking cock bitch already ganked Jheranie Boyd from us. I wonder how he wa$ able to do it?

Mecca
11-08-2008, 10:21 PM
VT is what it is, they'll never be a power.....they're a perennial 10-20 team with some down years mixed in.

Now Butch Davis on the other hand I think he could build NC into being a power team.

Mecca
11-08-2008, 10:24 PM
The fucking cock bitch already ganked Jheranie Boyd from us. I wonder how he wa$ able to do it?

Well Boyd is from NC so that could be as simple as deciding to stay close to home when he saw that they're becoming a good team.

It probably doesn't hurt that Butch can point to how successful he was at Miami and how many players he's gotten drafted.

Coach
11-08-2008, 10:26 PM
VT is what it is, they'll never be a power.....they're a perennial 10-20 team with some down years mixed in.

Now Butch Davis on the other hand I think he could build NC into being a power team.

*buzz* Wrong.

Frank Beamer is 164-86-2 in VT. VT was a awful awful football team before him.

VT is still considered a power. They are just having a down year.

bango
11-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Only 1 team in the Big 10 has fewer than 2 losses and it was to Iowa.

The Big 10's biggest non-conference win is Wisconsin over Fresno State or PSU over Oregon State.... The ACC has FSU over Colorado and Maryland over California and VTech over Nebraska. Actually, after scrolling through the non-conference games, I'd agree that the ACC is right there with the Big 10.... and that's sad.

Hilariously sad. LMAO

I would not call victories over Fresno State, Nebraska, or Colorado anything but victories. The best that the B10 has right now is Penn St. and they have one loss and it was to a four loss team that lost those games by an average of 3 points. FSU is the best that the ACC has and they have two losses. Michigan St. will probably beat Penn St. when they meet so that will only even things out. At this moment I would have to give the slightest egde to the B10 over the ACC. That is not saying much seeing as how the SEC or B12 will walk away with the trophy unless USC can watch many miracles happen.

ohiobronco2
11-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Typical. When a favored Big Ten team loses to a an underdog Big Ten team the conference sucks. When Florida loses to Miss it is called parity. Also, if Penn St. sucks so badly, why did they beat the only team to defeat USC by 31 points. :rolleyes:

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Typical. When a favored Big Ten team loses to a an underdog Big Ten team the conference sucks. When Florida loses to Miss it is called parity. Also, if Penn St. sucks so badly, why did they beat the only team to defeat USC by 31 points. :rolleyes:

USC would sodomize Penn St. You know it and I know it.

BWillie
11-09-2008, 12:28 AM
The Pac 10 will literally be the Pac 1 in 2-3 years. Compared to some of the other BCS conferences they are not getting good recruiting classes, with the exception of USC. The Big 10 is better than you think though, there is a ton of talent in the Big 10, but it's just not fun to watch. Sure the SEC is better than the Big 10 right now, but the overboard shit talk that people spout off about the big 10 sometimes is too much for me.

Bearcat
11-09-2008, 12:44 AM

You're seriously wanting to argue Florida and Penn State? LMAO

Your arguments for the Big 10 -- UF/Ole Miss and Oregon State/PSU -- happened in September. We're in November.

BWillie
11-09-2008, 01:09 AM
You're seriously wanting to argue Florida and Penn State? LMAO

Your arguments for the Big 10 -- UF/Ole Miss and Oregon State/PSU -- happened in September. We're in November.

I hate that argument. You shouldn't place more importance or less importance for a loss that happened early in the season, it's the body of work IMO. Say you go your entire year and have to play the best team of the year in your last game, and you happen to lose. You are out of the national championship picture. But if you were lucky and played the best team in your first game and still lost, you still have a chance at the national championship. It's ludicrous. I should not matter whatsoever when you lose a game if it is in the regular season. Like you can really control when you play a certain team.

ChiefsCountry
11-09-2008, 01:57 AM
The Pac 10 will literally be the Pac 1 in 2-3 years. Compared to some of the other BCS conferences they are not getting good recruiting classes, with the exception of USC.

UCLA will be really good soon but then they will be on probation.

ohiobronco2
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
USC would sodomize Penn St. You know it and I know it.

No I don't, USC has been wildly inconsistant this whole season. One minute they look like one of the better teams in the country, the next, probably the 4th best team in the Big 12/SEC. Beyond USC, there isn't one top tier program in the PAC 10 this year. Go ahead and tell me about how the Pac is 3-1 vs the Big 10 this year. Fine, we all know OSU got their butts handed to them by USC. Oregon St. got their butts handed to them by Penn St. Oregon, one of the better teams in the PAC 10 had to eek out a win against our worst team. And finally Mich St. did lose to Cal, I think St. has become a much better team as the year has gone on and would win that game if it were played again. I'm very happy that the Big 10 doesn't have a team playing in the national championship game this year. Primarily because I get tired of hearing all of the bitc*ing. I really want a playoff, but it doesn't appear as though we are going to get one.