PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who will Herm Blame?

Reerun_KC
11-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Who will be cut this week? Will a Coordinator be called out? Will Herm blame the players for lack of execution? Will Herm blame it on injuries, or will that one finally be played out?

Someone will find themselves some bus time this week, Herm will not stand for this, he will need his weekly sacrifical lamb...

My guess we will be working out long snappers this week?

Mr. Laz
11-09-2008, 07:23 PM
injuries

Rain Man
11-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't want to be the long snapper right now.

JuicesFlowing
11-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Injuries, and "not finishing the game" but regardless, it was the third straight "competitive game" and isn't that what anyone can expect at this point?

Reerun_KC
11-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Injuries, and "not finishing the game" but regardless, it was the third straight "competitive game" and isn't that what anyone can expect at this point?

Agree I am not hating, I just have seen enough of Herm over the last 3 years to know someone is going down.

Spicy McHaggis
11-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Causes for Chiefs' loss:

1. Large amounts of swoll

2. Chan stole headset, called in 2 pt. conversion play

cdcox
11-09-2008, 07:27 PM

Clark should expect wins.

Smed1065
GC will be glad to be going down, I bet.

Basileus777
It was a close game, good enough for Herm. No need to blame anyone.

blueballs
11-09-2008, 07:28 PM
gatorade has really gone down hill lately

MikeMaslowski
11-09-2008, 07:29 PM
His math teacher... he thought 2 equaled 1... oops...

luv
11-09-2008, 07:30 PM

My thoughts exactly.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
11-09-2008, 07:46 PM

Herm gets a pass this game. Injuries and great palycalling. I have no problems with Herm this week.

ziggysocki
11-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Longsnapper for sure. You make that point after, then kick and win... Perfect scapegoat. I can almost hear Herm, "We get that missed kick in, we win that game. We have to execute...special teams...tackling...penalties." blah blah blah

Reerun_KC
11-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Herm gets a pass this game. Injuries and great palycalling. I have no problems with Herm this week.

Why are Herms teams so injury riddled? We have been plagued with injuries since he has arrived? Herms teams were pretty beat up in NYJ as well...

Nero's Neptune
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Why are Herms teams so injury riddled? We have been plagued with injuries since he has arrived? Herms teams were pretty beat up in NYJ as well...

I think we should start a new thread on this, seriously. It's a very interesting question. Yes, it's football. Yes, there are always injuries. Herm's teams seem to always have more than the average number of injuries, however. Is it bad luck? the more it happens the less likely it's just bad luck.

My personal theory is that it's because his players are not pushed very hard...their conditioning isn't that great, which leads to cramping and injuries. That and his predictable offense gets QBs killed.

I don't think I've EVER seen so my injuries over a 2-3 week period as what the Chiefs are experiencing right now. It's incredible.

By the way, how badly was Johnston hurt? anyone know?

Cosmos
11-09-2008, 10:15 PM

It's my understanding that Herms in-season practices are for the most part in shells.

I think that if this is true, it may explain a couple of things:

1). Poor tackling fundamentals
2). Adjustment from soft practices to game speed/contact increases likleyhood of in-game injuries

Buck
11-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Heres my theory.

Stuck on 19 points, Herm decided that 20 points in one game is Arena, so to give his team a better chance of failing to reach 20 points, and being Arena, he went for 2.

There was a chance that he would have made the 2 and been at 21, which is definitely Arena as well, but there was a greater chance he'd keep his team at 19.

Reerun_KC
11-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Well who has been cut this am?

What time will the bus run through Arrowhead?

11-10-2008, 09:50 AM
So did he blame thiggy for not executing on the conversion?

TrickyNicky
11-10-2008, 09:51 AM
The good news is McGraw and Ron Edwards just locked in their roster spots for the rest of Herm's tenure.

StcChief
11-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Longsnapper for sure. You make that point after, then kick and win... Perfect scapegoat. I can almost hear Herm, "We get that missed kick in, we win that game. We have to execute...special teams...tackling...penalties." blah blah blahST from Barth, holder to LS. Practice for "bad snap" and adjust.

Fire Me Boy!
11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I know this has been brought up before, but instead of DC out there handling the ball on field goals and extra points, why not let the backup QB do something? In the event of a bad snap, at least there's a CHANCE at something good happening.

Jilly
11-10-2008, 11:34 AM
My vote is injuries, so what did he say in the pc after? Am I right?

TrickyNicky
11-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I know this has been brought up before, but instead of DC out there handling the ball on field goals and extra points, why not let the backup QB do something? In the event of a bad snap, at least there's a CHANCE at something good happening.

I wouldn't want a QB out there, simply because there is a chance he gets kicked in the throwing hand. Now the 5th string WR or 3rd string RB is a different matter. If the snap is fudged, at least they may have the wheels to make a run at the endzone.

Fire Me Boy!
11-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't want a QB out there, simply because there is a chance he gets kicked in the throwing hand. Now the 5th string WR or 3rd string RB is a different matter. If the snap is fudged, at least they may have the wheels to make a run at the endzone.

Backup QBs used to handle it all the time. Wasn't a big problem back then. Maybe not your main backup, but a third stringer wouldn't hurt.

Point being, who'd you rather have throwing the ball - Dustin Colquitt or Ingle Martin?

Mr. Laz
11-10-2008, 11:41 AM

i have never EVER seen a holder get kicked in the hand ..... in the history of the NFL i've never even heard of it.

the backup QB should be the holder imo ... Colquitt had a chance to save the snap and didn't.

a QB might of

11-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I know this has been brought up before, but instead of DC out there handling the ball on field goals and extra points, why not let the backup QB do something? In the event of a bad snap, at least there's a CHANCE at something good happening.I have been wanting this forever.

TrickyNicky
11-10-2008, 11:50 AM
There isn't anyone to throw to in the formation. Having someone with speed and carrying ability is better than a backup QB imo.

StcChief
11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Backup QBs used to handle it all the time. Wasn't a big problem back then. Maybe not your main backup, but a third stringer wouldn't hurt.

Point being, who'd you rather have throwing the ball - Dustin Colquitt or Ingle Martin? and a holder than can scramble, bootleg it in? QB/RB whatever his regular position.

FringeNC
11-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Sure, we are playing better, and were actually fun to watch for the first time in a long time yesterday. Before going overboard in fellating Herm, there is one big question I have. Why did Herm wait until mid way though his third season here to abandon the run-run-pass-punt offense. Herm defenders claimed scheme and play-calling had nothing to do with the anemic offense, that it was all talent deficiency, which seems to be a ludicrous contention now.

Herm Edwards subjected us to 2.5 years of offensive hell, and now that he has allowed Gailey to open it up, all is forgiven? If we like the new offense, which is all Gailey, shouldn't Gailey be named HC and Price OC? Exactly what is Herm's value added? That he doesn't FUCK UP the offense? Seems like claiming someone is a good husband because they quit beating their wife.

morphius
11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
i have never EVER seen a holder get kicked in the hand ..... in the history of the NFL i've never even heard of it.

the backup QB should be the holder imo ... Colquitt had a chance to save the snap and didn't.

a QB might of
Plus if you ever do want to fake one...

I have never understood the whole fascination with punters doing it here in KC, seems letting your backup QB do it would give his head in the game a bit more than standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard. The only thing I can think of is for practice purposes, shove the long snapper, the punter and the place kicker off on the side somewhere and they can work together while the backup QB is taking his snaps. Who knows.

teedubya
11-10-2008, 12:49 PM
I look forward to watching Herm's weekly excuse conference tomorrow.

smittysbar
11-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Injuries is what he pointed to after the game.

Reerun_KC
11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Injuries is what he pointed to after the game.

:rolleyes: