PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Coincidence?

Frankie
11-09-2008, 07:57 PM
The resurrection of the Chiefs pretty much started with signing WR Bradley.

BigVE
11-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Yep, pretty much. The kid has done quite well though.

milkman
11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
The resurrection of the Chiefs offense lies in the fact that Herman fucking Edwards got desperate when he got down to his third QB, and allowed Chan Gailey some leeway to run an offense that plays to that QB's strengths.

Reerun_KC
11-09-2008, 08:00 PM
The resurrection of the Chiefs offense lies in the fact that Herman ****ing Edwards got desperate when he got down to his third QB, and allowed Chan Gailey some leeway to run an offense that plays to that QB's strengths.

Yes this.....

Hoover
11-09-2008, 08:00 PM
The resurrection of the Chiefs offense lies in the fact that Herman fucking Edwards got desperate when he got down to his third QB, and allowed Chan Gailey some leeway to run an offense that plays to that QB's strengths.
yep, I agree. Bradley helps a lot though with that style of offense.

milkman
11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
yep, I agree. Bradley helps a lot though with that style of offense.

Yes he does.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Resurrection of the offense began when we started to get competent QB play (Thigpen)

Frankie
11-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Resurrection of the offense began when we started to get competent QB play (Thigpen)

And competent O-line play.

Reerun_KC
11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
When your desparte to keep your job and when you realize you Fail at coaching. You better do something to save your ass...

Herm letting Gailey run something than straight up the centers ass for 2 ypc is proof that he has paniced and has given up some control to keep his job.

blueballs
11-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Robinson is raw
but the fucker can hold on to the ball while getting popped

HemiEd
11-09-2008, 08:13 PM
The resurrection of the Chiefs offense lies in the fact that Herman ****ing Edwards got desperate when he got down to his third QB, and allowed Chan Gailey some leeway to run an offense that plays to that QB's strengths.
That is exactly how it looks to me.

milkman
11-09-2008, 08:14 PM
And competent O-line play.

The right side of the line isn't playing any more competently than they were three games ago.

Thigpen's mobility, quick decisions and good decision making, combined with more creative playcalling is simply masking the continued incompetence of that side of the line.

boogblaster
11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Truthfully, Chiefs have a lot of young raw talent .. Now they need to be placed where they can use it ... Coaching has stepped-up some ... Oline has too ... Our Defence played with heart today ... Chiefs are finally looking like a NFL team ....

Deberg_1990

My main problem with the whole staff was basically just handing the job to Croyle in the offseason when he had proven ZERO.

They should have drafted another QB, dumped Huard and let Thiggy, Croyle and the draftee battle it out in campe and preseason.

Nobody should have been guaranteed anything.

'Hamas' Jenkins
When your desparte to keep your job and when you realize you Fail at coaching. You better do something to save your ass...

Herm letting Gailey run something than straight up the centers ass for 2 ypc is proof that he has paniced and has given up some control to keep his job.

Correct.

redbrian
11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
or it could be that most rebuilding teams pretty much suck the first half of the season, and start to gell in the second half, resulting in such things as better line play from the line allowing the qb time to do more than just crap his pants.......naw your right all the bad is Herm all the good is not Herm.....good logic......

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
My main problem with the whole staff was basically just handing the job to Croyle in the offseason when he had proven ZERO.

They should have drafted another QB, dumped Huard and let Thiggy, Croyle and the draftee battle it out in campe and preseason.

I'm trying to think who we could have drafted who would have been worth a shit with where our picks were....

milkman
11-09-2008, 08:18 PM

That's not my main problem, but I agree.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm trying to think who we could have drafted who would have been worth a shit with where our picks were....

We had 11 picks right?? and we couldnt use at least one of them on the most important position on the team??

milkman
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
We had 11 picks right?? and we couldnt use at least one of them on the most important position on the team??

Chiefaholic
11-09-2008, 09:44 PM
The play of Bradley and Thigpen make those two positions less of a priority on draft day. The Chiefs literally found two diamonds in the rough, and had no freakin idea what they had prior to their recent success.

Next first day picks need to be BPA at RT, RG, OLB, MLB, RDE. This team is still at least two years away from legit contenders. But, I like what I'm seeing from the younger generation of Chiefs. I just hope TG hangs around long enough to be the guy to hoist the Lombardi trophy when we get there.

morphius
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM

Except once you start splitting snaps between QB's then no QB is going to get in a groove, none will be seen as a leader, and I can't think of one QB competition in the league really lead to anything worth watching. Not to mention that a coordinator has to deal with a different game plan for the season for each QB, and each player has to deal with how each QB throws the ball while trying to improve syncing up with a QB while trying to make the team.

In theory, it is great, but in reality, I just don't buy the QB competition helps any team. QB's are almost always given the job without proving much other than someone felt they were worth drafting.

Skip Towne
11-09-2008, 10:05 PM
The right side of the line isn't playing any more competently than they were three games ago.

Thigpen's mobility, quick decisions and good decision making, combined with more creative playcalling is simply masking the continued incompetence of that side of the line.

The fact that those things were able to mask what was a woeful OL shows you there is more than one way to fuck a monkey.

milkman
11-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Except once you start splitting snaps between QB's then no QB is going to get in a groove, none will be seen as a leader, and I can't think of one QB competition in the league really lead to anything worth watching. Not to mention that a coordinator has to deal with a different game plan for the season for each QB, and each player has to deal with how each QB throws the ball while trying to improve syncing up with a QB while trying to make the team.

In theory, it is great, but in reality, I just don't buy the QB competition helps any team. QB's are almost always given the job without proving much other than someone felt they were worth drafting.

Before your time, I imagine, but both Terry Bradshaw and Roger Staubaugh won their jobs in open competition.

And Warner won the Cards job this year.
As did Orton for the Bears.

milkman
11-09-2008, 10:07 PM
The fact that those things were able to mask what was a woeful OL shows you there is more than one way to **** a monkey.

Well, hell, we already knew that.

Just another illustration of Herman fucking Edwards inability to find a fucking clue.

JuicesFlowing
11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
A depleted Chiefs defense held the "talented" Chargers offense to 20 points. That was good. Three games in a row that we lose in the last minutes though ... that sucks. But anyway, Bradley is really playing good ...

Ultra Peanut
11-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Mark Bradley: 0-3 as a Chief. 3-0 in our hearts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM

Flowers >> Brohm or Henne.
Albert>> Flacco

After that, I can't really recall any other prospect I would piss on to put out a fire aside from maybe Josh Johnson who is a major project.

Skip Towne
11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Before your time, I imagine, but both Terry Bradshaw and Roger Staubaugh won their jobs in open competition.

Who was Staubach's competition? IIRC they hated each other. Can't remember who it was. Clint Longley?

milkman
11-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Who was Staubach's competition? IIIIRC they hated each other. Can't remember who it was. Clint Longley?

Craig Morton.

Reaper16
11-09-2008, 10:19 PM
We would probably profit from signing Bradley to a 2 year extension or some such.

morphius
11-09-2008, 10:36 PM

yeah, those first two were before I was born, lol.

Skip Towne
11-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Craig Morton.

Yep.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2008, 11:05 PM

Did i say regular season anywhere?? I said TC and pre-season games.

Frankie
11-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Mark Bradley: 0-3 as a Chief. 3-0 in our hearts.

Well said.

Frankie
11-10-2008, 09:53 AM
We would probably profit from signing Bradley to a 2 year extension or some such.

Has he had any off-field red flags?

beach tribe
11-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Did i say regular season anywhere?? I said TC and pre-season games.

Problem with that is that, Brodie would have won the job in camp. Tony G, and everyone else say that Thiggy practices like shit, and looked like shit in TC.
Thiggy is a surprise to everone. EVERYONE. No one expected him to come in, and do this. If you say you did, you're a liar.

StcChief
11-10-2008, 11:51 AM

Thigpen's mobility, quick decisions and good decision making, combined with more creative playcalling is simply masking the continued incompetence of that side of the line.exactly.... if the could play well. Thiggy would have time to throw and not be roll-out mode at the snap.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Coincidence

this is about Thigpen and the change in offensive philosophy ..... not Bradley.

although Bradley has helped and played well