PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Grading the Chiefs

Tribal Warfare
11-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Grading the Chiefs (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/882733.html)

Rushing offense

Grade: C-

Dantrell Savage ran hard, but the Chiefs desperately missed Jamaal Charles’ speed.

Passing offense

Grade: B+

Tyler Thigpen came through with yet another big game, but he’d like to try that two-point conversion again.

Rushing defense

Grade: B

Second straight solid effort, this time against a big-time runner. Maybe the improvement is real.

Passing defense

Grade: C

The coverage was often soft, which is understandable given the number of backups who had to play.

Special teams

Grade: F

An otherwise solid effort is wasted by the bad snap on the early point-after-touchdown try.

Coaching

Grade: B

It’s hard to expect more from a team facing such a severe talent deficiency. The Chiefs keep playing to Thigpen’s strengths.

Coach
11-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Offensive coaching - C.

Defensive coaching - F.

splatbass
11-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Offensive coaching - C.

Defensive coaching - F.

I think that considering they had so many new people playing, only had two healthy linebackers, and had to play 3 safeties most of the game to compensate, and still kept us in the game, that I would give the defensive coaching staff much higher marks than you.

Reerun_KC
11-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Gailey B+ Finally getting to call a game plan that is suited for the players.

Gun INC Injuries, but overall blah...

Herm F failing to realize how to adjust to your talent until you ass is on fire....

chief52
11-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I think that considering they had so many new people playing, only had two healthy linebackers, and had to play 3 safeties most of the game to compensate, and still kept us in the game, that I would give the defensive coaching staff much higher marks than you.

I would give the defensive coaches a very high grade. They held San Diego to 20 points with a patchwork defense. That was impressive.

bobbything
11-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Adam Teicher is a f*cking idiot. I heard that jackass in Herm's presser yesterday suggesting that Thigpen "gave up" on the 2 point conversion simply because he didn't throw the pass till the last second.

I hate Teicher. He's possibly one of the most arrogant know-it-all's in the KC media. Keitzman be damned.

mikey23545
11-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Defensive coaching - F.

Congratulations!

This may be the stupidest post in ChiefsPlanet history.

blueballs
11-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Gun can get under Rivers' skin with a patchwork of nobodies
Gun took advantage
Rivers is a hot head the rest the league will make their bitch

Mr. Laz
11-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Adam Teicher is a f*cking idiot. I heard that jackass in Herm's presser yesterday suggesting that Thigpen "gave up" on the 2 point conversion simply because he didn't throw the pass till the last second.

I hate Teicher. He's possibly one of the most arrogant know-it-all's in the KC media. Keitzman be damned.

i disagreed with teicher about the last play too

that bootleg play pretty much ties the hands of the QB

you gotta make a quick decision and you only have 3 options.

1. run it
2. pass it underneath
3. pass it to the corner

it's made even worse by the lack of room because of the endzone.

Thigpen was pretty much screwed as soon as san diego didn't bite on the run fake

Coach
11-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Congratulations!

It's not, considering that our defense can't stop anybody. Yes, I'm aware that we're playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers, but it's still no excuse. Giving up 6.3 yards per play is inexcuseable.

The coaching problem is that they don't make the necessary adjustments, especially after halftime.

bobbything
11-10-2008, 01:01 PM
i disagreed with teicher about the last play too

that bootleg play pretty much ties the hands of the QB

you gotta make a quick decision and you only have 3 options.

1. run it
2. pass it underneath
3. pass it to the corner

it's made even worse by the lack of room because of the endzone.

Thigpen was pretty much screwed as soon as san diego didn't bite on the run fake
Very true. His only two options were covered and he couldn't run it in (which is what I thought they were gonna do). Teicher suggested that Thigpen "gave up" on the play. Nonsense.

Teicher reminds me of the baseball nerd in 4th grade that wasn't good enough to make the team so he kept all the stats and sat in the dugout telling everyone how much they sucked.

Reerun_KC
11-10-2008, 01:02 PM
It's not, considering that our defense can't stop anybody. Yes, I'm aware that we're playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers, but it's still no excuse. Giving up 6.3 yards per play is inexcuseable.

The coaching problem is that they don't make the necessary adjustments, especially after halftime.

We gave up yards at a record pace when it was healthy....

We dont have the players to run the outdated Cover nobody D....

Sure-Oz
11-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Defensive coaching - F.

:spock:

I'd say giving up 21 to SD with scraps off the street deserves a B atleast....

LT didnt do shit

Coach
11-10-2008, 05:08 PM
:spock:

I'd say giving up 21 to SD with scraps off the street deserves a B atleast....

LT didnt do shit

Well, it's not that hard to stop LT. Just stack 8 men in the box, and make Phillip Rivers beat you.

What bothered me the most was that the middle of the field was always wide open. The FB, lateraling to LT. Gates running wild in the middle. Tomlinson catching the balls in the middle of the field, under the linebackers.

It's maddening.

kchero
11-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Congratulations!

agreed, San Diego to 20 on the road.

bringbackmarty
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM
all we had was boiman, dacus, one legged edwards, williams for lb's, I have no idea who our corners were for most of the game. It's a miracle they didn't hang 50 on us.

I think pigpen is 4 real too, and it's obvious herm is just letting gailey do his thing.

We are still a year or two away - with or without herm, but the rest of this year will be fun to watch.

Basileus777
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
What exactly is the point of these worthless grades if you are only going to write one bare bones sentence explaining them?