PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Talking with my dad: We're a dominate DE away from being great.

wutamess
11-10-2008, 12:14 AM
I was talking with my dad and I believe we have all the pieces of the puzzle in our favor.

Next year... Dorsey will have a years experience under his belt. Tank & Turkk are holding their own. Hali will be on his normal side.

If we had a J. Allen, J. Peppers, D. Thomas type DE that instead of allowing the QB 5 secs to throw we could reduce it to 3-4sec with the studly new corners we currently are grooming.

That's a huge improvement in the C2 scheme.
Doubling goes on the stud DE, Dorsey's and Tanks push up the mid.
And Hali returning to his old form would be freaking awesome.

Next year, we get 2 LB's and a RT.

Thigpen appears to be our QBotF and we already have Bowe, TG & Bradley.
Don't forget about Franklin too.

We're on our way...
Print'em.

pr_capone
11-10-2008, 12:19 AM
I was talking with my dad and I believe we have all the pieces of the puzzle in our favor.

Next year... Dorsey will have a years experience under his belt. Tank & Turkk are holding their own. Hali will be on his normal side.

If we had a J. Allen, J. Peppers, D. Thomas type DE that instead of allowing the QB 5 secs to throw we could reduce it to 3-4.

That's a huge improvement in the C2 scheme.
Doubling goes on the stud DE, Dorsey's and Tanks push up the mid.
And Hali returning to his old form would be freaking awesome.

Next year, we get 2 LB's and a RT.

Thigpen appears to be our QBotF and we already have Bowe, TG & Bradley.
Don't forget about Franklin too.

We're on our way...
Print'em.

We also need:

Center (in with a Wendler type predicition... Niswanger, though likable, will NEVER make a pro-bowl)
Right Guard (probably two)
Corner Back
Safety (probably two)
Running Back
Quarter Back (back-up or otherwise)
Kicker

But yeah, We're on our way...

blueballs
11-10-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm not buying it

blueballs
11-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Norvs Super Sucking Chargers
well
suck

Prince22
11-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Ur dad's an idiot

keg in kc
11-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Dominant.

The word's dominant.

Basileus777
11-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Dominant.

The word's dominant.

I've never understood why this mistake is so common.

keg in kc
11-10-2008, 01:05 AM
I've never understood why this mistake is so common.Me either.

It's been made enough times to be part of the lexicon by now I'd say.

Mecca
11-10-2008, 01:05 AM
If you put an outstanding DE, would it help, yes alot..

But it won't make up for having no LB's bad tackling safeties....or really a situational player or an oversized DE who has no speed on the other side of him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-10-2008, 01:09 AM
If you add a pro bowl MLB and a great FS to that mix, along with hoping that Morgan pans out, you'd be right...which is to say you're totally wrong.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-10-2008, 01:13 AM
If you add a pro bowl MLB and a great FS to that mix, along with hoping that Morgan pans out, you'd be right...which is to say you're totally wrong.

Let's keep Donnie Edwards for 10 more years! ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Dear Jesus,

Can I have Derrick back in exchange for Donnie? ROFLROFLROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Norvs Super Sucking Chargers
well
suck

Norv = Mr. Rodgers.

Therefore;

"Mr. Rodgers Chuck & Pukes"! ROFL

the Talking Can
11-10-2008, 05:16 AM
we need a lot more than a de

chiefs1111
11-10-2008, 05:38 AM
If you put an outstanding DE, would it help, yes alot..

But it won't make up for having no LB's bad tackling safeties....or really a situational player or an oversized DE who has no speed on the other side of him.

Yeah this team still needs a lot of help,everywhere..

PhillyChiefFan
11-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Did anyone else see the piss poor MLB coverage?? Gates over the middle was called like 20 f*ckin times yesterday and they got away with it. We need to draft a solid MLB and a pass rushing DE, Rivers had NO pressure on him almost all of the time.

It was the Gates and Gonzalez show yesterday.

SDChief
11-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Center (in with a Wendler type predicition... Niswanger, though likable, will NEVER make a pro-bowl)

I don't know that every position has to be a probowl player, not that I agree with the OP, or think that Niswanger is the answer, but getting a line that performs as a unit is the key. You can do that without having a probowler at every position.

pr_capone
11-10-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't know that every position has to be a probowl player, not that I agree with the OP, or think that Niswanger is the answer, but getting a line that performs as a unit is the key. You can do that without having a probowler at every position.

I completely agree with you that it is too much to expect your entire line to be pro-bowlers.

On the other hand, I would like to have a Center who has the talent and ability where there is a possibility that SOMEDAY he *could* make a pro-bowl.

I like Niswanger, he is extremely smart and dedicated to the team... just does not have the tools to be a quality starter in the league.

TBH, I'd love to see what he could do at RG. At 6-6 he is simply too tall for the C position in the NFL.

burt
11-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I, like the rest of you, believe we need much more than a great DE. We have a promising team, and I don't think we should be evaluating anyone yet. We need to keep our options over til the end of the year.

Fairplay
11-10-2008, 09:21 AM
I agree a stud DE would really help us out.

But as others have said we have other holes. Right now i'm still undecided who our number one pick should be.

chiefzilla1501
11-10-2008, 09:40 AM
We also need:

Corner Back
Safety (probably two)
Running Back
Kicker

I think some of those priorities are skewed.

We only need one starting guard, though a backup and future replacement for Waters would be nice.

We only need a nickel corner, which is a lot easier to find.

Safety is low priority since we have Pollard and Morgan at SS.

RB is pretty low priority as long as we have LJ

Kicker we seem to be fine right now.

I view our priorities as RT, RG, C, MLB, OLB, LDE... and backup QB, depth at guard, depth at DT, depth at corner are our secondary priorities.

beach tribe
11-10-2008, 09:51 AM

We only need one starting guard, though a backup and future replacement for Waters would be nice.

I view our priorities as RT, RG, C, MLB, OLB, LDE... and backup QB, depth at guard, depth at DT, depth at corner are our secondary priorities.

Morgan is nor built for SS. Although he could take Page's spot. And why the hell would we need a LDE, and not a Right. I'm sure it was just a mistake or something.

Frazod
11-10-2008, 09:59 AM
I think we'll be competitive next year. We're finally starting to see the turnaround. We could easily be riding a three game win streak right now. It's getting better.

I like what Gailey's doing with the offense, and I'm pretty much sold on Thigpen at this point.

Kyle DeLexus
11-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Morgan is nor built for SS. Although he could take Page's spot. And why the hell would we need a LDE, and not a Right. I'm sure it was just a mistake or something.

Yeah I see people say that alot...I guess we need 3 LDE's and no RDE?

bowener
11-10-2008, 11:23 AM
We also need:

Corner Back
Safety (probably two)
Running Back
Kicker

Agree with what you are saying here. It is a very wonderful thing that we are #2 or #3 in available cap space. We can draft for the future and sign young backups or young starters for the OL/S/RB positions if need be.

Does anyone know of a site that lists all ending contracts for this offseason? How accurate is madden, I could just look on there.

Mr. Laz
11-10-2008, 11:24 AM
we won't be great until we can tackle

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2008, 12:54 PM
What is a "dominate DE?" I'm sure we have plenty of DEs who get dominated.

teedubya
11-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I think Dominate is already in the CP lexicon... I have used it on purpose a few times...

if its not in the lexicon, BY GOD, someone put it there!

jidar
11-10-2008, 01:18 PM
I might agree. I dunno, we're playing a lot better than I expected we would be at this point.

Also, I'm not one of the "realists" who seem to think the only way to have a good team is to have pro-bowl caliber players at every position. The fact is SB winning teams are mostly made of up role players playing around a small core of pro-bowl talent. I think we're closer to that than the average fan realizes.

Basileus777
11-10-2008, 01:21 PM
I might agree. I dunno, we're playing a lot better than I expected we would be at this point.

Also, I'm not one of the "realists" who seem to think the only way to have a good team is to have pro-bowl caliber players at every position. The fact is SB winning teams are mostly made of up role players playing around a small core of pro-bowl talent. I think we're closer to that than the average fan realizes.

I think we may have some of the role-players, but we don't have the pro-bowlers, and they aren't easy to find. On defense we are especially lacking in top-tier talent.

jidar
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
I think we may have some of the role-players, but we don't have the pro-bowlers, and they aren't easy to find.

We have some people with potential. Flowers comes to mind.

Chief Faithful
11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
IMO

Highest Priorities:
Defense: DE, MLB
Offense: RG, QB

Draft DE or QB in rd 1 depending on what is available without reaching.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-10-2008, 02:07 PM
We have some people with potential. Flowers comes to mind.

Best pick of the Class, hands down.

Mecca
11-10-2008, 02:10 PM

You only need a pro bowler at every position if Gunther is calling the plays.

The problem with the Chiefs is alot of the role players don't even do what they're asked to do. That isn't being a pro bowler it's being to stupid to be scheme disciplined or to inept to make a tackle.

Simply Red
11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Ur dad's an idiot

:spock:

pr_capone
11-10-2008, 04:22 PM

My list was not in order of need/priority. Just a list.

Yeah... we need only one starter at G but Waters is starting to get up there and if we can get a player in whom we can start grooming now to take his spot in the future... we would be much better for it.

Yes... Flowers and Carr have stepped up. We still need to bring someone in to compete against these guys. Give them a push so they have incentive to over achieve. Surtain probably won't be back next year and we have no one else that has shown a flash of talent on the current roster. Though I would not spend a high round draft pick, or even one at all, we most certainly need a CB.

Safety is a wicked priority. I love watching Pollard come in and lay hits on players that make me feel it at home... I would love him much more if he could wrap up the ball carrier and actually take him down to the ground. Same goes for Page.

I feel RB will be a position of need as I don't believe LJ will be back and I'm not sure Kolby can cut it as the #1. This is the second year in a row that we have looked to Kolby to take over for LJ, only to have him injured as well.

Kicker is probably one of our highest needs. I've been saying this all season. If there is a sure thing available when we go to pick in the 3rd round... and I mean a SURE THING... then we better fucking take him.

I am sick and tired of the carousel we have at the K position. I am sick of watching kick-offs land weakly at the 10. I am sick of missed field goals. I long for the days of Nick Lowery.

Other positions such as DE, LB, & RT were not mentioned in my post because they were mentioned by the OP.

Fairplay
11-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Also, I'm not one of the "realists" who seem to think the only way to have a good team is to have pro-bowl caliber players at every position. The fact is SB winning teams are mostly made of up role players playing around a small core of pro-bowl talent.

i.e. The New England Patriots, for example.