PDA

View Full Version : Video Games COD: World at War - Any 1st Day Purchasers?

Skyy God
11-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Despite my reservations about the developer, I'm picking this up this week, probably Wednesday. Anyone else, especially on the 360, doing the same?

TinyEvel
11-10-2008, 01:44 PM
PS3 beyotches. (I only have one day to finish R2 now :cuss: )

Buck
11-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Despite my reservations about the developer, I'm picking this up this week, probably Wednesday. Anyone else, especially on the 360, doing the same?

My bro's have it already on the 360, they get all their games a week early or so. I haven't played it yet, and I probably wont pick it up for the PS3, but I'll be able to play online w/ their 360.

I'll bump this thread when Im ready.

11-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Getting it on PS3. Hopefully the online will be good for PSN as I haven't played online with the ps3 yet

TinyEvel
11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Getting it on PS3. Hopefully the online will be good for PSN as I haven't played online with the ps3 yet

I been playing COD4 on PSn and t works great. I've never played live, so not able to make a comparison.

Mecca
11-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Yes I will probably buy it, I already dropped money on GOW2 and SDvsRaw this week though.

11-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I been playing COD4 on PSn and t works great. I've never played live, so not able to make a comparison. Live is great but I want a service I don't have to pay for each member of my family to use. That aspect annoys the hell out of me. I am sure PSN is not perfect since it is free but hopefully is good enough to serve the purpose.

I'll miss Gears Horde mode but I'll live. heh

Mr Luzcious
11-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Live is great but I want a service I don't have to pay for each member of my family to use. That aspect annoys the hell out of me. I am sure PSN is not perfect since it is free but hopefully is good enough to serve the purpose.

I'll miss Gears Horde mode but I'll live. heh

Even Nintendo's online is better than Live, as far as I'm concerned. If I had a 360, I wouldn't have online capability at all (as I refuse to pay for it).

Mr. Plow
11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
I'll have it tomorrow for the 360. LOVE COD4.....this one should be cool.

I know I've said it before, but $50 for a year of Live is nothing. I know some of you don't want to spend that $50, but come on.....$4.17 a month......I bet most of you have that in your ash tray in your car.

KCChiefsMan
11-10-2008, 10:10 PM
I will be picking it up tomorrow fo sho

irishjayhawk
11-10-2008, 10:20 PM

I know I've said it before, but $50 for a year of Live is nothing. I know some of you don't want to spend that $50, but come on.....$4.17 a month......I bet most of you have that in your ash tray in your car.

You do realize it's not the same developer?

And you realize Infinity Ward is pretty pissed that in every single press conference and interview about World at War, they keep referencing COD4.

Mr. Plow
11-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Ya. I know it's a different developer. I've seen some clips of the game and think it looks pretty cool....but, we'll see. I'm easy to please.

11-10-2008, 11:53 PM

Its not the cost. Its the fact that they expect you to pay for each account in your family. Its a cash grab. Charge $50 per console per year then I am fine with it.

We have been sharing an account for the past year and my son hates it. We are switching to PSN. Hopefully, someday, M$ will stop doing this.

11-11-2008, 12:13 AM
The only thing that sucks for me on this game is that I won't get to play it until Christmas. heh

Mr. Plow
11-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Its not the cost. Its the fact that they expect you to pay for each account in your family. Its a cash grab. Charge $50 per console per year then I am fine with it.

We have been sharing an account for the past year and my son hates it. We are switching to PSN. Hopefully, someday, M$ will stop doing this.

Actually, I can understand that. You get 2-4 people in your home playing, it can get expensive.

I'm going to be there before long I bet.....me, 9; 3; 2 year old sons. Damn....$200.

Mr. Plow
11-11-2008, 08:46 AM
The only thing that sucks for me on this game is that I won't get to play it until Christmas. heh

Since you've played on Live, when you get up and running on PSN let me know what you think. I'm just curious to see what differences there are and which you think is better.

Fairplay
11-11-2008, 09:06 AM
I will complete Fallout 3 before i buy it. C0D4 was fantastic.

MVChiefFan
11-11-2008, 10:57 AM
I play COD4 online all the time. I can't wait for 5, I've been playing the free beta download for about a week and it is quite good. Same exact engine as 4 but I think it played a little smoother. Less glitching and missing people even though you're locked onto them. The dogs are relentless as it takes just one chomp from the bastards to kill you.

TrebMaxx
11-11-2008, 11:27 AM
For anyone that plays on the PC, my clan server should be up and running COD WAW tonight.

8.12.22.181:28960

AndChiefs
11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I got it and played it for a bit. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far.

QuikSsurfer
11-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Even Nintendo's online is better than Live, as far as I'm concerned. If I had a 360, I wouldn't have online capability at all (as I refuse to pay for it).

ROFLROFLROFL

AndChiefs
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM

Yeah that's got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. No one likes Nintendo's online. (except maybe you)

11-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Since you've played on Live, when you get up and running on PSN let me know what you think. I'm just curious to see what differences there are and which you think is better. I am hearing good things about COD4 on PSN so far. Hope you don't mind waiting until christmas for my report though. heh

Mr Luzcious
11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah that's got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. No one likes Nintendo's online. (except maybe you)

Apparently you didn't really pay attention to what I actually said.
Nintendo's online > No online. Pretty straightforward.

Mr Luzcious
11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Once again, it would behoove you to read all of what I wrote.

Mr Luzcious
11-11-2008, 04:37 PM

And therefore PSN is even better in comparison.

11-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know if the Gamestop code for the the extra weapon works for all profiles on a PS3 or just one profile. Does it have an expiration date as far as when you have to enter it by?

Skyy God
11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
IGN's review is out. 9.2.

QuikSsurfer
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
How does this
translate to this?

Either way, the Wii doesn't even need to be brought up in next-gen gaming threads. The online is what it is; worst of the bunch.

I can understand the people who don't want to pay for the service but if we can pretend for a moment XBL were free, it would crush its competitors.
I personally don't have a problem paying $50 a year for XBL

Kraus
11-11-2008, 06:39 PM
How does this

translate to this?

Either way, the Wii doesn't even need to be brought up in next-gen gaming threads. The online is what it is; worst of the bunch.

I can understand the people who don't want to pay for the service but if we can pretend for a moment XBL were free, it would crush its competitors.

Even cheaper if you buy it through Amazon.com. The normal price for 12+1 month card is $38.99.

That is just over $3 a month.

11-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Even cheaper if you buy it through Amazon.com. The normal price for 12+1 month card is $38.99.

That is just over $3 a month.That is what I spent on it last year. Decent deal. Wouldn't do it for more than one account though.

Mr Luzcious
11-11-2008, 07:14 PM
How does this

translate to this?

"If I had a 360, I wouldn't have online capability at all (as I refuse to pay for it)." Bad online is better than no online.

You may not have a problem paying $50 a year for it, but I do.

Mecca
11-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Well I went out and go it....

50 bucks for a year really isn't a bad deal, I'm sure you blow more than 10 bucks a month and that would be more than twice the price...

Mr. Plow
11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
So far....so good. It's takes a little getting used to, but it's pretty fun. All the maps I've played are HUGE.

Guns are different for obvious reasons.

Still a lot of fun.

Mr Luzcious
11-11-2008, 07:38 PM

50 bucks for a year really isn't a bad deal, I'm sure you blow more than 10 bucks a month and that would be more than twice the price...

Eh, I play local multiplayer almost exclusively anyway. Online doesn't hold much appeal when you suck as bad as I do at games.

11-11-2008, 07:44 PM

50 bucks for a year really isn't a bad deal, I'm sure you blow more than 10 bucks a month and that would be more than twice the price... 10 bucks a month adds up on anyones budget. some are more responsible with their money maybe.

MVChiefFan
11-12-2008, 10:44 AM
It is GREAT! In COD4 I knew my spots, don't know where the hell I'm going in this one which usually results in an ungodly amount of deaths. I also HATE regular team deathmatch. I can't wait to get to hardcore.

TinyEvel
11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Are the controls the same as COD4? What about the online lobby, etc?

AW hell, I'm just gonna go out and get it this morning.

MVChiefFan
11-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Are the controls the same as COD4? What about the online lobby, etc?

AW hell, I'm just gonna go out and get it this morning.

It's almost the exact same. Except, there is no night vision, of course, so pressing up on the d-pad brings up the map (not start like in COD4).

Mr. Plow
11-12-2008, 11:52 AM
It is GREAT! In COD4 I knew my spots, don't know where the hell I'm going in this one which usually results in an ungodly amount of deaths. I also HATE regular team deathmatch. I can't wait to get to hardcore.

LOL. I know what you mean. I'm just stuck on one weapon now because it's the only one I can seem to get kills with. As long as I can keep my k/d ratio around 1.00 until I get familiar....I'm cool. I'm at 1.18 right now, but I have matches where I go 5-18.....but I also have had a couple 25-4 matches so it all evens out.

Maps seem very big to me for some reason....lots of places to hide out for sniping & such.

The tanks piss me off sometimes, but it does make it more interesting.

Oh yeah.....fuck the dogs man. I swear I have "Hey Dogs, come eat me" written on my online forehead because every time they are called, two or three come directly for me. Fuckers.

Mr. Plow
11-12-2008, 11:53 AM
It's almost the exact same. Except, there is no night vision, of course, so pressing up on the d-pad brings up the map (not start like in COD4).

That has gotten me killed more than once.

Buck
11-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Speaking of K/D Ratio,

I would consider myself Very Good at COD4, however, my K/D Ratio is like 1.04

This is because I sucked so bad until one day it clicked.

I think that I started out 500 Kills to 1500 Deaths .33 K/D Ratio

It took a lot for me to get back to even, and then I stopped playing.

I may pick up COD5 just so I can have a high K/D Ratio, Im hoping 2.0 or better.

Mr. Plow
11-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Speaking of K/D Ratio,

I may pick up COD5 just so I can have a high K/D Ratio, Im hoping 2.0 or better.

I did the same thing. Started out at like .30 or something. I worked my way up to....I think like 1.10 or so on COD4. I'm shooting for 1.50 - anything above that I'm cool.

Dunit35
11-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Damn wal-mart here still doesnt have it.

The Hasting in Enid doesn't have it either. They tried telling my brother that activison keeps pushing back the release date. dumbasses. He picked it up at gamestop 5 minutes later.

Dave Lane
11-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Available on torrent for the PC now

dj56dt58
11-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Speaking of K/D Ratio,

it clicked for me on socom..never did for cod..and quatom of solace has the same engine so i get my ass kicked at that

Buck
11-12-2008, 12:26 PM
it clicked for me on socom..never did for cod..and quatom of solace has the same engine so i get my ass kicked at that

Yeah, some people can just play some games better. I suck on Socom.

2.0 K/D ratio is pretty high, but I figure that after starting 500-1500, I got to about 2100-2100 means that I went 1600 - 600, which is about a 2.67 K/D Ratio.

I dont know if I'll be able to do that w/ out the Red Dot Sight though, that thing sorta made it easy.

MVChiefFan
11-12-2008, 01:39 PM
LOL. I know what you mean. I'm just stuck on one weapon now because it's the only one I can seem to get kills with. As long as I can keep my k/d ratio around 1.00 until I get familiar....I'm cool. I'm at 1.18 right now, but I have matches where I go 5-18.....but I also have had a couple 25-4 matches so it all evens out.

Maps seem very big to me for some reason....lots of places to hide out for sniping & such.

The tanks piss me off sometimes, but it does make it more interesting.

Oh yeah.....**** the dogs man. I swear I have "Hey Dogs, come eat me" written on my online forehead because every time they are called, two or three come directly for me. ****ers.

ROFL The dogs suck ass! I don't know if you're in hardcore mode yet but it only takes one chomp and you're toast.

Mr. Plow
11-12-2008, 01:55 PM
ROFL The dogs suck ass! I don't know if you're in hardcore mode yet but it only takes one chomp and you're toast.

No....haven't gotten to hardcore yet. Seriously, instead of them announcing "They've released the dogs" it should just be "HawkInHutch, the dogs are coming to get you!"

QuikSsurfer
11-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Dogs go down pretty easily with the knife/melee

Skyy God
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
It's great to start over with a new k/d ratio. I'm at 1.9 currently.

TinyEvel
11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
FOCK! I gotta work all night (on PS3 ads ironically) and can't get this game til tomorrow.

:cuss:

Sounds like you guys all just jumped into multiplayer. Nobody do the campaign or part of it? how's that?

Buck
11-12-2008, 03:26 PM
FOCK! I gotta work all night (on PS3 ads ironically) and can't get this game til tomorrow.

:cuss:

Sounds like you guys all just jumped into multiplayer. Nobody do the campaign or part of it? how's that?

FOCK!

TinyEvel
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
That's the FCC approved version of FUCK!

You Fockhead.

11-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Sure wish I could get Gamestop to confirm if the M1A1 gun code will still be good on Christmas day. They keep giving me an automated email on how to enter the code even thought it has nothing to do with my actual question.

Buck
11-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Sure wish I could get Gamestop to confirm if the M1A1 gun code will still be good on Christmas day. They keep giving me an automated email on how to enter the code even thought it has nothing to do with my actual question.

Cant you download it now?

Mr. Plow
11-12-2008, 08:03 PM

I'll probably have a code that you can use. I don't think I'm going to use it....so if I remember to get it....it's all yours.

I'll try tonight.

11-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Cant you download it now?

I could, but then my kid would know what was coming for Christmas because it will load the trophy page on all profiles as well as the game install file. He's smart like that. If I download it then delete the file I delete the gun as well.

11-12-2008, 10:40 PM
I'll probably have a code that you can use. I don't think I'm going to use it....so if I remember to get it....it's all yours.

I'll try tonight.
I have a code. I just need them to confirm that it will still be good on Dec 25th is all.

QuikSsurfer
11-13-2008, 02:11 AM
http://xs133.xs.to/xs133/08463/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-box529.jpg

Mr. Plow
11-13-2008, 08:19 AM
I have a code. I just need them to confirm that it will still be good on Dec 25th is all.

Oh, in that case, I would imagine that the code doesn't expire. I could be wrong, but I doubt it does.

okcchief
11-13-2008, 08:58 AM

I wouldn't worry about it.

First, the gun isn't that good.

Second, you can't use it in your custom weapons.

Buck
11-13-2008, 11:40 AM
So, how is the online?

I so want to buy this tonight, but I'm not going to unless I hear good things about the online.

okcchief
11-13-2008, 11:45 AM
So, how is the online?

I so want to buy this tonight, but I'm not going to unless I hear good things about the online.

The online is awesome. If you like COD4 online you will like COD5 online.

Buck
11-13-2008, 12:02 PM

Sweet, I'll have to pick it up tonight.

Mr. Plow
11-13-2008, 12:14 PM

I do like it, but getting used to the guns is difficult. Coming from the mp5/m4/etc, I was used to how they handled.....it's just an adjustment...which show go away with time.

Buck
11-13-2008, 12:30 PM
My weapons of Choice in COD4 were the M4 w/ Red Dot sight, and the G3 w/ Silencer

Hopefully I can find something close.

Mr. Plow
11-13-2008, 01:07 PM
My weapons of Choice in COD4 were the M4 w/ Red Dot sight, and the G3 w/ Silencer

Hopefully I can find something close.

Those were my "go to" guns. When I can't seem to do anything else, I could always get kills with those two.

The Thompson is what I started with on WaW. Pretty similar to the mp5.

Buck
11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Those were my "go to" guns. When I can't seem to do anything else, I could always get kills with those two.

The Thompson is what I started with on WaW. Pretty similar to the mp5.

I started w/ the MP5 exclusively, then after getting my ass kicked I found those guns to be the best for me. They have their advantages/disadvantages, but they are pretty easy guns to work with.

MVChiefFan
11-14-2008, 10:06 AM
My top classes in COD4 are set up like this:

sniper - M21
G3 w/silencer (best set up in my opinion)
MP5 w/silencer (nasty on showdown)

AndChiefs
11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
I was pretty much exclusively mp5 with silencer. I've found mp40 is closest for me so far.

MVChiefFan
11-14-2008, 11:41 AM
I was pretty much exclusively mp5 with silencer. I've found mp40 is closest for me so far.

That's what I've found. I wanted to go with the Thompson but the MP40 is better in my opinion.

TinyEvel
11-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Just picked it up last night and put in about an hour of campaign and an hour of multiplayer.

Still figuring out how to combat the tanks. I just got to level 6 so I don't have a lot of weapons at my disposal yet. I was doing pretty well in free-for-all right off the bat, top 3 usually.

Campaign mode is just OK so far. I thought I'd enjoy it more. I'm really into wwII. I think the renders of the hard environments (structures, characters) are really nice. Water and smoke are weak. THough, I've been playing Killzone 2 so I'm totally spoiled. that game's gonna have a visual integrity possibly better than MGS4.

11-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Just picked it up last night and put in about an hour of campaign and an hour of multiplayer.

Still figuring out how to combat the tanks. I just got to level 6 so I don't have a lot of weapons at my disposal yet. I was doing pretty well in free-for-all right off the bat, top 3 usually.

Campaign mode is just OK so far. I thought I'd enjoy it more. I'm really into wwII. I think the renders of the hard environments (structures, characters) are really nice. Water and smoke are weak. THough, I've been playing Killzone 2 so I'm totally spoiled. that game's gonna have a visual integrity possibly better than MGS4.:cuss::cuss::cuss:

KCChiefsMan
11-16-2008, 04:35 PM
is it just me or does this game suck? I don't like it at all. They made last stand and juggernaut even more annoying and I don't think I will bother playing this again until there is a patch for the spawn points because it is just horrendous. At least 4 times per match somebody spawns right behind me or I spawn right in front of someone.

not digging it and I loved COD4 but then again COD4 was new and had original ideas, maybe I'm just bored with it but I'm having trouble getting past the fact that there are the same problems.

disappointed, I think I will just focus on the solo or co-op campaign and wait for a patch or something. in the meantime I will just play fallout 3 and WAR

dj56dt58
11-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, some people can just play some games better. I suck on Socom.

2.0 K/D ratio is pretty high, but I figure that after starting 500-1500, I got to about 2100-2100 means that I went 1600 - 600, which is about a 2.67 K/D Ratio.

I dont know if I'll be able to do that w/ out the Red Dot Sight though, that thing sorta made it easy.

I was happy when I heard Socom was coming out for ps3..from what I've read it lags so bad you cant play it

Skyy God
11-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I play COD4 online all the time. I can't wait for 5, I've been playing the free beta download for about a week and it is quite good. Same exact engine as 4 but I think it played a little smoother. Less glitching and missing people even though you're locked onto them. The dogs are relentless as it takes just one chomp from the bastards to kill you.

What's your tag? Mine's Cannon Fragger.

Mr. Plow
11-16-2008, 07:21 PM

LOL. I was just coming on to find out who Cannon Fragger was. I knew it had to be someone from CP.

Skyy God
11-16-2008, 07:24 PM
LOL. I was just coming on to find out who Cannon Fragger was. I knew it had to be someone from CP.

It was a 2 for 1 post.

TinyEvel
11-16-2008, 11:43 PM
I just found a forum link with map overlays of all the multiplayer levels.

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=65819

MVChiefFan
11-17-2008, 11:23 AM

Mine's bigmoneygrip5 of the (dede) clan. My co-worker, who is nasty (around a 2-2.5 k/d ratio) Johnnykev and my two cousins play all the time. I'm having a lot more fun now that I've reached hardcore and am now the proud owner of two bouncing betty's.

Buck
11-17-2008, 11:31 AM
I've played about an hour of campaign and haven't played Multiplayer yet...

I think I may tonight, rather than watch the Browns vs. Bills, lol.

Skyy God
11-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Mine's bigmoneygrip5 of the (dede) clan. My co-worker, who is nasty (around a 2-2.5 k/d ratio) Johnnykev and my two cousins play all the time. I'm having a lot more fun now that I've reached hardcore and am now the proud owner of two bouncing betty's.

So you're the guy that cheap kills me all the time.... Do me a favor and let your co-worker know I'm sending him a friend request.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Sounds like the kind of guy I like to play with. Do me a favor and let your co-worker know I'm sending him a friend request.

I just don't get this game. I played yesterday, started out ok (like 15-12 or so). Had two games in a row where I was 30+ kills & less 17 deaths. Then, I started going 5-15 & shit like that for like 5 games before I gave up.

I need to rekindle my love affair with COD4.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2008, 10:05 AM

Fuggin bouncing betty's.

TinyEvel
11-19-2008, 10:27 AM
I just don't get this game. I played yesterday, started out ok (like 15-12 or so). Had two games in a row where I was 30+ kills & less 17 deaths. Then, I started going 5-15 & shit like that for like 5 games before I gave up.

I kinda went through the same thing. I think the competition is getting more familiar with the maps, getting better weapons loads, etc.

I was playing last night and was just having a tough time keeping my K/D ratio up.

I still can't decide if jugernaut or increased bullet damage is a better perk.

I have increased damage on all my guns and still seems like it takes two seconds of constant firing to put a guy down.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
I kinda went through the same thing. I think the competition is getting more familiar with the maps, getting better weapons loads, etc.

I was playing last night and was just having a tough time keeping my K/D ratio up.

I still can't decide if jugernaut or increased bullet damage is a better perk.

I have increased damage on all my guns and still seems like it takes two seconds of constant firing to put a guy down.

On COD4, I used the increased bullet damage. Typically, I could hit them faster than they could hit me.

On COD WaW, I'm using juggernaut. Even if I hit them, the constant "bounce" of the weapon makes me readjust - means I need a bit more health.

MVChiefFan
11-19-2008, 01:33 PM
So you're the guy that cheap kills me all the time.... Do me a favor and let your co-worker know I'm sending him a friend request.

:D Bouncin' Betty's are your friends...embrace them.

MVChiefFan
11-19-2008, 01:35 PM

I've experienced the exact same thing. I had made it up to a 1.30 k/d ratio and by the end of the night last monday, I was down around .90...i was so pissed off I actually thought about breaking the game in half. However, I played last night and did some work, so I'm good to go again.

AndChiefs
11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
On COD4, I used the increased bullet damage. Typically, I could hit them faster than they could hit me.

On COD WaW, I'm using juggernaut. Even if I hit them, the constant "bounce" of the weapon makes me readjust - means I need a bit more health.

I usually play with friends so we all use the last stand perk to revive each other. Don't focus on it but it saves a death or two every game.

I also use camouflage with silenced weapon (MP40) so they don't know where I"m firing from. Sometimes you can kill a guy without his teammates knowing and if you need to reload still be able to get another.

Bouncing Betty's for perk 1 of course (they're ridiculous)

This has translated to about a 2.2 k/d ratio for me. It's something I'd definitely look into trying for yourself.

Of course one of my friends k/d ratio is about 3.7 so that helps. :)

Mr. Plow
11-19-2008, 01:38 PM
That's the first thing I'm going to do ..... hook up some betty's.

Buck
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
WTF ARE BOUNCIN BETTYS?

MVChiefFan
11-19-2008, 01:49 PM
WTF ARE BOUNCIN BETTYS?

They're are WWII's version of the claymore. By the way, I think last stand is the CHEAPEST perk you can have. I refuse to use it whether it helps me or not. I've actually sniped someone from distance and they shot me in the head in last stand. It's just wrong.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
They're are WWII's version of the claymore. By the way, I think last stand is the CHEAPEST perk you can have. I refuse to use it whether it helps me or not. I've actually sniped someone from distance and they shot me in the head in last stand. It's just wrong.

I've heard people complaining about that.

MVChiefFan
11-19-2008, 02:15 PM

Oh, it's rediculous Mr. Plow. It's happened three times to me. And, they stay alive for a lot longer in this one. I've also had a couple of times when I walked up on someone just chillin' in last stand for God knows how long and they took me out.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I noticed that last night when my son was playing. He just laid there in last stand for a good 1-2 minutes. I could be exaggerating the time, but it sure seemed like that long.

AndChiefs
11-19-2008, 02:25 PM

It certainly has a bit of overpowering for those who are good with pistols. I also have a quick reload trigger so i sometimes start reloading before realizing they're not dead which sucks.

However, everything has its cheap points such as juggernaut. Too hard to kill, especially if the entire team is using it.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2008, 02:31 PM
I, unfortunately, am a juggernaut n00b on WaW. I hate it....but, it seems to be the only way I can stay alive long enough to get a few kills. Maybe I'm over exaggerating it....I am like 1.14 k/d ratio.

If anyone wants to get together and play as a group, shoot a FR to me.....HawkInHutch

AndChiefs
11-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I, unfortunately, am a juggernaut n00b on WaW. I hate it....but, it seems to be the only way I can stay alive long enough to get a few kills. Maybe I'm over exaggerating it....I am like 1.14 k/d ratio.

If anyone wants to get together and play as a group, shoot a FR to me.....HawkInHutch

I sent you one. UnknownNewbie

Skyy God
11-19-2008, 03:22 PM

As far as you can tell, do they disappear when you die like in 4?

Dunit35
11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
W/O reading any posts.

It wouldn't save my co-op campaign last night. What's up with that?

And. It has online multiplayer but the other players have to have a live account? I love playing COD 5 online but bought it thinking it was like Halo 3 with the online multiplayer.

Mr. Plow
11-19-2008, 06:09 PM
And. It has online multiplayer but the other players have to have a live account? I love playing COD 5 online but bought it thinking it was like Halo 3 with the online multiplayer.

No. For some reason, they didn't add that to this one. I'm not sure why. But, my son & I just got done playing the Nazi Zombie game - that was pretty fun. Only made it to round 6.

Skyy God
11-19-2008, 06:37 PM

Holy shit. The first time I switched to the PPSH, Betty's, Juggernaut combo, I went 14-1.

AndChiefs
11-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Holy shit. The first time I switched to the PPSH, Betty's, Juggernaut combo, I went 14-1.

way to go

Mr. Plow
11-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Anyone played Nazi Zombie yet? It's a pretty good addition to the game.

Mr. Plow
11-21-2008, 06:53 PM

Nobody? Seems to be fun with 2 people....but eventually there is too much ground to cover.

Munson
11-22-2008, 01:41 PM

What is the Nazi Zombie game? I just got the game yesterday and didn't see anything about nazi zombies.

Anyways, I bought the game based solely on the fact that CoD4 kicked so much ass, and I figured CoD WaW would be just as fun. After one day of playing it online, I would have to say it has lived up to my expectations. Its fun playing with old school guns, and the maps seem much larger and much more elaborate. I think I found my new addiction. I'll be playing online deathmatches a lot over the next week on xbox 360. My gamertag is RoyMunson58

Mr. Plow
11-22-2008, 03:49 PM
What is the Nazi Zombie game? I just got the game yesterday and didn't see anything about nazi zombies.

You have to finish the single player campaign before it is unlocked. But, essentially, you are in a two story building. "Nazi Zombies" try to break into the building through the windows & such. As you kill zombies, you earn money. As you earn more money, you can buy different guns & such. You try to stay alive as long as possible. My son & I have managed to stay alive for 11 rounds.

It's pretty fun.

Mr. Plow
11-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Here are two video's of the Nazi Zombie game.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0vSQdkcSF0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0vSQdkcSF0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSqjqz2aO1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSqjqz2aO1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11-22-2008, 06:08 PM
You have to finish the single player campaign before it is unlocked. But, essentially, you are in a two story building. "Nazi Zombies" try to break into the building through the windows & such. As you kill zombies, you earn money. As you earn more money, you can buy different guns & such. You try to stay alive as long as possible. My son & I have managed to stay alive for 11 rounds.

It's pretty fun.Sounds a lot similar to Horde.

Munson
11-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Interesting. I wasn't planning on playing the campaign, but I might have to do it now.

Mr. Plow
11-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Interesting. I wasn't planning on playing the campaign, but I might have to do it now.

It's worth it. My son and I have a blast playing it. It takes some strategy to stay alive.

Skyy God
11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
It's worth it. My son and I have a blast playing it. It takes some strategy to stay alive.

I'm down to play Zombie mode after the game.... any takers?

Mr. Plow
11-23-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm down to play Zombie mode after the game.... any takers?

I'll be on here before too long.