PDA

View Full Version : MU Watch party this Saturday

luv
11-10-2008, 01:58 PM
MU/Iowa State game starts at 5:30pm. I say meet at 5pm. 810 Zone on the Plaza. It's close to where CrazyCoffey is staying with his girl, and I know how to get there from where I'm staying.

Sure-Oz
11-10-2008, 02:01 PM
And your bday!

luv
11-10-2008, 02:03 PM
And your bday!

Yes. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome to buy me a beer/shot. :D

Mecca
11-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Well atleast you picked a sure win for a watch party.

Saulbadguy
11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Well atleast you picked a sure win for a watch party.

I'm not sure it is a sure win. It's @Iowa State. I think most of the MU fans here would be lying if they said they weren't at least slightly nervous about this game.

sedated
11-10-2008, 02:06 PM
why have it at a place with so few TV's?

(maybe I'm thinking of the wrong place)

Mecca
11-10-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure it is a sure win. It's @Iowa State. I think most of the MU fans here would be lying if they said they weren't at least slightly nervous about this game.

Did Iowa State somehow switching to USC lookalike unis make them better?

luv
11-10-2008, 02:08 PM
why have it at a place with so few TV's?

(maybe I'm thinking of the wrong place)

It was suggested. I was thinking Willie's, but the place will be so packed. Someone would have to get there way early to get a table. Is that ESPN place still on the Plaza? I bet they're expensive, though.

Saulbadguy
11-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Did Iowa State somehow switching to USC lookalike unis make them better?

They have been putting up more of a fight over the past few games, FWIW. You knew eventually Chizik would get them playing.

And I will say this - NO North team is head and shoulders better talent wise than another. This applies to MU as well.

BWillie
11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
They have been putting up more of a fight over the past few games, FWIW. You knew eventually Chizik would get them playing.

And I will say this - NO North team is head and shoulders better talent wise than another. This applies to MU as well.

I think it's pretty clear that MU is the best team in the division. Followed by KU and NU....then Colorado, KSTATE, ISU.

Isu, Colorado, and K-State will go the entire season losing ALL games against KU, MU and NU. That is just the way it will go.

Missouri will beat ISU this weekend by at least two touchdowns and a field goal. I have no doubt about it.

Demonpenz
11-10-2008, 02:25 PM
810 is right down the street and it isn't that expensive. It is about the same actually.

Priest31kc
11-10-2008, 02:28 PM

yeah i strongly disagree with that. Mizzou IS head and shoulders better than anyone in the north. If you've watched the Big 12 North this year, you would know that.

It's Mizzou and then everyone else.

luv
11-10-2008, 02:30 PM
810 is right down the street and it isn't that expensive. It is about the same actually.

Great. Woman's right to change her mind. Changing the OP. 810 Zone at 5pm on Saturday.

sedated
11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
It was suggested. I was thinking Willie's, but the place will be so packed. Someone would have to get there way early to get a table. Is that ESPN place still on the Plaza? I bet they're expensive, though.

you have a real hard-on for willie's don't you? I've been there a couple times and it is never packed, and I've heard its going to close soon.

I'm assuming by "ESPN" you mean 810 Zone. Its there too, and would be a better place to watch a game IMO.

crazycoffey
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Great. Woman's right to change her mind. Changing the OP. 810 Zone at 5pm on Saturday.

Damn it, I already had my plans in stone. IN STONE DAMMIT!!!!!:cuss:

Saulbadguy
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
yeah i strongly disagree with that. Mizzou IS head and shoulders better than anyone in the north. If you've watched the Big 12 North this year, you would know that.

It's Mizzou and then everyone else.

Mizzou is head and shoulders above the rest of the North, I agree with that.

Talent wise, they are not.

luv
11-10-2008, 02:37 PM
you have a real hard-on for willie's don't you? I've been there a couple times and it is never packed, and I've heard its going to close soon.

I'm assuming by "ESPN" you mean 810 Zone. Its there too, and would be a better place to watch a game IMO.

I know you're not exactly an MU fan, but you're more than welcome to join us. Will make it a bit more interesting to watch it with a rival (even if not Iowa State fan). You can also buy me a beer. :)

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
And I will say this - NO North team is head and shoulders better talent wise than another. This applies to MU as well.ROFL

luv
11-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Damn it, I already had my plans in stone. IN STONE DAMMIT!!!!!:cuss:

In the words of Herm Edwards.....DEAL WITH IT.

:)

BWillie
11-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I know you're not exactly an MU fan, but you're more than welcome to join us. Will make it a bit more interesting to watch it with a rival (even if not Iowa State fan). You can also buy me a beer. :)

I'll come if you let me bring my sign that says "Chase Daniel likes Rainbows" and with a picture of him eating his boogers on the back.

luv
11-10-2008, 02:42 PM
I'll come if you let me bring my sign that says "Chase Daniel likes Rainbows" and with a picture of him eating his boogers on the back.

Buy me a beer, and we'll call it even.

crazycoffey
11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Buy me a beer, and we'll call it even.

I'm going to buy you a couple shots;
red headed sluts
stary night
applesauce

Just to name a few....

luv
11-10-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm going to buy you a couple shots;
red headed sluts
stary night
applesauce

Just to name a few....

Awesome. I love shots. We could do one for each TD. :) Just remember, my hotel isn't exactly within walking distance being in Overland Park.

crazycoffey
11-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Awesome. I love shots. We could do one for each TD. :) Just remember, my hotel isn't exactly within walking distance being in Overland Park.

We should be near enough to downtown, perhaps we could find a street bum to be your "little spoon"

Hootie
11-10-2008, 02:51 PM
didn't you use to be a KU fan?

luv
11-10-2008, 02:53 PM

Always rooted for Mizzou football. Picked that up from my dad when I was younger. I rooted for KU basketball the last few years. I decided it was best to show loyalty to one school. Football > basketball.

MikeMaslowski
11-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Dammit...you Kansas Citians are lucky... i have to volunteer to work at Leavenworth to even get a chance to live around there.....

....one day... I will be a transplanted kansas citian...

duncan_idaho
11-10-2008, 03:37 PM

In the north? Come on, it's really not that close.

Missouri has:
Top 2 QB (really a toss-up with Reesing)
Best RB
Best WR (by far)
Best TE (by far)
Best RG
Best RT
Best DE
Best DT
Best LB
Top 4 LB (Christopher)
Best S (Even though Moore has been misused this season, he still is most likely a first-day pick)

It's not Texas/OU-level talent, but its certainly more than Nebraska or kansas.

eazyb81
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM

Yeah, it was obvious that Colorado's talent level was right there with Mizzou when they lost 58-0 a couple weeks ago.

:spock:

Nice attempt though.

Bearcat
11-10-2008, 04:19 PM

LMAO

beavis
11-10-2008, 05:17 PM

Good grief, Herm's level of stupid is apparently contagious.

Sure-Oz
11-10-2008, 05:23 PM

O'Rly?

luv
11-10-2008, 06:34 PM
LMAO

I don't mind explaining it as many times as it takes.

Saulbadguy
11-10-2008, 09:45 PM
In the north? Come on, it's really not that close.

Missouri has:
Top 2 QB (really a toss-up with Reesing)
Best RB
Best WR (by far)
Best TE (by far)
Best RG
Best RT
Best DE
Best DT
Best LB
Top 4 LB (Christopher)
Best S (Even though Moore has been misused this season, he still is most likely a first-day pick)

It's not Texas/OU-level talent, but its certainly more than Nebraska or kansas.

Yes - MU is more talented than the rest of the NorTards...

Not by a huge margin, though. I'd also say your talent fits the scheme you are running perfectly. The spread offense doesn't require gifted athletes - you know that as good as I.

If you look at the last 4 or 5 recruiting classes of each school you won't notice a ton of difference top to bottom.

POND_OF_RED
11-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Yes - MU is more talented than the rest of the NorTards...

Not by a huge margin, though. I'd also say your talent fits the scheme you are running perfectly. The spread offense doesn't require gifted athletes - you know that as good as I.

If you look at the last 4 or 5 recruiting classes of each school you won't notice a ton of difference top to bottom.

The only difference you can see is that our recruits exceed expectations while yours fail to meet expectations. The QB's are complete proof of that.

Rain Man
11-11-2008, 05:51 PM
I like watching parties. I usually do it through a window.

luv
11-11-2008, 07:13 PM
It's official. I went out and bought a couple of Mizzou t-shirts after work today. :)

Sam Hall
11-11-2008, 09:02 PM
It seems the Mizzou fans here still harbor ill feelings toward me. I thought we settled our misunderstanding a couple weeks ago. If you must know, I thought the Huskers' win against Kansas was a step in the right direction. Time will tell if they can continue improving.

luv
11-11-2008, 09:55 PM
It seems the Mizzou fans here still harbor ill feelings toward me. I thought we settled our misunderstanding a couple weeks ago. If you must know, I thought the Huskers' win against Kansas was a step in the right direction. Time will tell if they can continue improving.

I don't see where you were even mentioned in this thread.

Sam Hall
11-11-2008, 10:11 PM

No, but I was mentioned in a thread over the weekend. I'm not sure why. I was in Lincoln for NU-Kansas.

Sure-Oz
11-11-2008, 10:54 PM
No, but I was mentioned in a thread over the weekend. I'm not sure why. I was in Lincoln for NU-Kansas.

I believe someone said you were "smiling" after that win against KU. Not in a negative way

luv
11-11-2008, 10:57 PM

1. You love the attention.
2. That was the weekend. It's Tuesday night.
3. You obviously love to instigate some sort of argument.
4. If #3 isn't true, then you whine more than I do.
5. I'm just going to put you on ignore.

Spott
11-12-2008, 05:31 AM

It wasn't, but he felt like he needed us to pay more attention to him so he brought it up in a sticky thread instead of whatever thread that someone might have mentioned NU football.

Sam Hall
11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
I believe someone said you were "smiling" after that win against KU. Not in a negative way

I read everything that was said. You Mizzou fans have a lot of bitterness toward me.

Saulbadguy
11-12-2008, 08:29 AM

Irony alert.

Sam Hall
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
I know a lot of cool Mizzou fans, but they aren't here. The Mizzou fans here can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Sully
11-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I know a lot of cool Mizzou fans, but they aren't here. The Mizzou fans here can dish it out, but they can't take it.

I'm a Mizzou fan, but never got the memo to hate you.
Why do we hate you?

sedated
11-12-2008, 08:48 AM
It's official. I went out and bought a couple of Mizzou t-shirts after work today. :)

you are dead to me.

Sure-Oz
11-12-2008, 08:49 AM

What else was said?

|Zach|
11-12-2008, 08:49 AM

Settled you being a douchebag in threads?

Those things don't get settled.

You are just a douchebag.

Sam Hall
11-12-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm disappointed. I thought we agreed to acknowledge each others' opinions and move on. There wasn't supposed to be hard feelings.

luv
11-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Irony alert.

You might as well join him.

luv
11-12-2008, 08:59 AM
you are dead to me.

Does that mean you won't buy me a beer? :p

|Zach|
11-12-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm disappointed. I thought we agreed to acknowledge each others' opinions and move on. There wasn't supposed to be hard feelings.

There are not any hard feelings. Put that doesn't change my post.

Dunit35
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Who's all going to this party?

21 to enter?

luv
11-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Who's all going to this party?

21 to enter?

It's a restaurant. So far, for sures are myself, CrazyCoffey, and his girl. A few others have shown interest, but no for sures.

sedated
11-12-2008, 12:49 PM
this is Nov. 15th, right? I can't make it, going to KU-Texas game, probably won't leave Lawrence until late.

Goapics1
11-12-2008, 02:38 PM
2. That was the weekend. It's Tuesday night.
3. You obviously love to instigate some sort of argument.
4. If #3 isn't true, then you whine more than I do.
5. I'm just going to put you on ignore.

Neg Rep!

luv
11-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Neg Rep!

That's nice.

Spott
11-12-2008, 03:56 PM

Pot meet kettle. Kettle meet pot.

Sam Hall
11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Pot meet kettle. Kettle meet pot.

Man, I deal with all kinds of heat. Where have you been:shake:

Pitt Gorilla
11-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I shall be at the game on Saturday. Yay!

Skip Towne
11-12-2008, 05:15 PM
It's a restaurant. So far, for sures are myself, CrazyCoffey, and his girl. A few others have shown interest, but no for sures.

This sounds like a Springfield gathering.

MagicHef
11-12-2008, 06:32 PM
I like watching parties. I usually do it through a window.

I think you might be mistaken about the intent of this thread.

http://i36.tinypic.com/adp9tu.jpg

SAUTO
11-12-2008, 07:09 PM
This sounds like a Springfield gathering.

CC lives in springfield also? wonder what lake he goes to?(not directed at you skipper)

luv
11-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Show or no show, I'm looking forward to getting out of town. Always nice to drive up to KC for a few days.

luv
11-12-2008, 07:11 PM
CC lives in springfield also? wonder what lake he goes to?(not directed at you skipper)

You're new. There are a few of us that live down here. Whenever one of us talks about getting together, no one ever shows up. I guess it's the people and not the place.

CC is from St Louis. We will be in KC at the same time.

Skip Towne
11-12-2008, 07:12 PM

What's not directed at me? Now I'm insulted.

SAUTO
11-12-2008, 07:13 PM
What's not directed at me? Now I'm insulted.

the lake question, i was just kind of talking out loud. i didnt assume that you would know just threw it out to see if anyone did. not meant to insult

luv
11-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Closest lakes here are Lake Springfield and Fellows Lake.

SAUTO
11-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Closest lakes here are Lake Springfield and Fellows Lake.

no IIRC he has talked about being at the lake, if he's from STL it probably doesnt matter

Nzoner
11-12-2008, 08:54 PM
If you're on the plaza earlier in the day and want to get a good headstart TomFooleries just down the street from 810 Zone has a great Saturday happy hour on food and drink.

XXXshogunXXX
11-12-2008, 11:34 PM
I'll be there!

crazycoffey
11-13-2008, 08:32 AM
no IIRC he has talked about being at the lake, if he's from STL it probably doesnt matter

Lake of the Ozarks.

crazycoffey
11-13-2008, 08:33 AM
If you're on the plaza earlier in the day and want to get a good headstart TomFooleries just down the street from 810 Zone has a great Saturday happy hour on food and drink.

Will ZZ tops greatest fan be there?

Nzoner
11-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Will ZZ tops greatest fan be there?

I'd like to be,however,I'm in the final days of my Christmas print deadline.

crazycoffey
11-13-2008, 09:15 AM
I'd like to be,however,I'm in the final days of my Christmas print deadline.

ah, take a few hours break, you can can work later. Remember you'll catch up on all your sleep someday....
I'll buy you a frosty adult beverage!!

luv
11-13-2008, 09:20 AM
ah, take a few hours break, you can can work later. Remember you'll catch up on all your sleep someday....

Are you talking at Tomfooleries or during the game? I'd join you all earlier, but I can't check into my hotel until 3pm. If you guys get together and decide not to leave, just call me and let me know, if you don't mind if I join you wherever you end up.

Nzoner
11-13-2008, 09:27 AM

As much as I'd like to this deadline is once a year,thanks for the offer though.

crazycoffey
11-13-2008, 09:57 AM
As much as I'd like to this deadline is once a year,thanks for the offer though.

then what are you doing in here then? GET TO WORK!

luv
11-14-2008, 10:29 PM
5pm tomorrow. C'mon people.

greg63
11-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Happy Birthday luv! :D

PinkFloyd
11-15-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm In ----------- Florida... If I was home, I'd think about coming... But; then again it's deer season back at home.... :rolleyes:

crazycoffey
11-15-2008, 09:37 AM
On the Hotel Computer, Not a very high showing? Oh well, I'm still going and I Like buying people drinks, so it's your loss if you don't go....

Endelt?

I said something about drinking-thought that was an appropriate name to throw out there.

OnTheWarpath15
11-15-2008, 09:48 AM
On the Hotel Computer, Not a very high showing? Oh well, I'm still going and I Like buying people drinks, so it's your loss if you don't go....

Endelt?

I said something about drinking-thought that was an appropriate name to throw out there.

I guess you don't need me to call you back?

:D

crazycoffey
11-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I guess you don't need me to call you back?

:D

you still can if you want.... but I found my answer on the lobby computer, which has remarkably sticky keys and being a very public computer - frightens me....

luv
11-15-2008, 10:15 AM

Endelt?

Hey. Getting ready to pack and leave. See you guys later.

OnTheWarpath15
11-15-2008, 10:27 AM
you still can if you want.... but I found my answer on the lobby computer, which has remarkably sticky keys and being a very public computer - frightens me....

Nasty.

Go take a shower, burn off your fingertips, and have fun this weekend.

Tell JR I said hi...

Stewie
11-15-2008, 01:18 PM
This has party written all over it. :eek:

Sure-Oz
11-15-2008, 05:47 PM
So all of 3 people went?

Skip Towne
11-15-2008, 06:05 PM
So all of 3 people went?

I'm not sure anybody showed up. Luv was in another thread looking for people to "meet up".

Sure-Oz
11-15-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure anybody showed up. Luv was in another thread looking for people to "meet up".

Ouch, what about Crazy Coffey

PinkFloyd
11-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I think this thread died just like the get-together that was planned...

Halfcan
11-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Sorry i couldnt make it-my daughter was in Annie the musical tonight.
Happy Bday!

Phobia
11-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm still coming but it looks like I'll be pretty late.

KcMizzou
11-15-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm still coming but it looks like I'll be pretty late.That's what she said.

Bugeater
11-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I should be there any minute.

luv
11-16-2008, 12:24 AM
CrazyCoffey and his girl are awesome. Dunit35 is quiet, but quite the hottie. I had a great time, and I stayed out later than intended. Great game and a great birthday!