PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: McBride removed from injury list

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2008, 01:39 AM
Chiefs notebook: McBride removed from injury list (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/889833.html)

McBride removed from injury list

If their latest injury report can be believed, the Chiefs will have one of their starting defensive ends available for Sunday’s game against New Orleans at Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs removed Turk McBride, who has a sore shoulder and didn’t play last week in San Diego, from their injury list.

Of course, the information might not be airtight. Last Thursday, the Chiefs removed cornerback Brandon Flowers from their injury report only to list him again on Friday. He didn’t play against the Chargers.

The other starting defensive end, Tamba Hali, has an injured ankle. He didn’t practice Thursday and is unlikely to play against the Saints.

Linebackers Pat Thomas (hamstring), Derrick Johnson (hamstring) and guard Adrian Jones (ankle) also were unable to practice. They are also unlikely to be available against the Saints.

Flowers (hamstring), running back Jamaal Charles (ankle), safety Jarrad Page (groin) and cornerback Patrick Surtain (quad) were limited in practice but have a better chance to play.

Classic mismatch?

The Saints have the league’s top team in total offense and are eighth in the league in scoring. The Chiefs are 32nd and last in yards allowed and 27th in points allowed.

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards wasn’t buying into the notion that those statistics prove Sunday’s game to be one between an irresistible force and a movable object.

“I don’t worry about that,” Edwards said. “I look at the last three games. We’ve improved, and that’s what you’ve got to go on. We’ve played like that, taken the ball away, stopped the run. We’ve got a chance to be in all of the football games. We’ve been in every football game doing that.”

The Chiefs allowed 400 or more yards and 20 or more points in each of the last three games.

Blackout streak lives another week

The Chiefs announced they had sold enough tickets to allow Sunday’s game to be locally televised. It will be shown this week on WDAF, Channel 4.

The Chiefs haven’t had a blacked-out home game since 1990.

Cosmos
11-14-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm convinced the Saints will put up a big number...

I don't have a clue which KC offense will show up and if LJ will make a difference.

Either way the KC line cant run block for shit.

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2008, 04:23 AM
I'm convinced the Saints will put up a big number...

I don't have a clue which KC offense will show up and if LJ will make a difference.

Either way the KC line cant run block for shit.

The thing that worries me the most is if Thigpen will relapse/regress if he makes a mistake and gets picked off.

Kerberos
11-14-2008, 05:01 AM
The thing that worries me the most is if Thigpen will relapse/regress if he makes a mistake and gets picked off.

We're runn'n the SPREEEEEEAAD NOW BABY.....no need to worry about Da'Pigpen. He's on like a pot a NECK BONES. :D

Lonewolf Ed
11-14-2008, 08:10 AM

He's bound to have a bad game eventually. All QBs do, even Payton Manning. When that happens, will the fans turn on Thiggy?

Demonpenz
11-14-2008, 08:25 AM
even if thigpen struggles it will never be as bad as the raiders and falcons game. I have never seen a qb underthrow or over throw his recievers by 15 frickin yards every throw

CupidStunt
11-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Hmm, who starts at RG I wonder.

PhillyChiefFan
11-14-2008, 08:43 AM
He's bound to have a bad game eventually. All QBs do, even Payton Manning. When that happens, will the fans turn on Thiggy?

Depends on how many games in he is.

If he plays poorly against the Saints, of course there will be people calling his bluff, but if he plays poorly against say...Miami but has played well in every other matchup, then I think people will give him the benefit of the doubt.

People still remember Atlanta with Thigpen, and that has to be his career bottom for a long time coming if he is to remain in the graces of the fans.

PhillyChiefFan
11-14-2008, 08:46 AM
even if thigpen struggles it will never be as bad as the raiders and falcons game. I have never seen a qb underthrow or over throw his recievers by 15 frickin yards every throw

Some of his passes are still sailing, but less than in Atlanta.

He missed, Bowe I think??, on a cross route and it sailed out of bounds.

ceebz
11-14-2008, 09:26 AM

I would like to see Thigpen make a few errors, even throw an interception or two. We gotta find out if this kid's psyche is fragile.

RedThat
11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
I would like to see Thigpen make a few errors, even throw an interception or two. We gotta find out if this kid's psyche is fragile.

I disagree. Why think this?

Wouldn't you rather have the opposite? That he keeps doing what he's doing that way he can build more confidence.

Confidence=everything for young QB

PhillyChiefFan
11-14-2008, 10:11 AM

Wouldn't you rather have the opposite? That he keeps doing what he's doing that way he can build more confidence.

I see both sides of this. Though I tend to agree with you on this, but I would also like to see how he responds after throwing an INT. If he comes back with fire under his ass or starts to sink in the quicksand.

I know it sounds counterproductive and you are right that confidence is everything for a young QB, but if he is going to be our QBoTF, I would like to see how he responds when something doesn't go his way.

PhillyChiefFan
11-14-2008, 10:12 AM
1 int not several or even 2...just 1! :)

See how he responds, if he can avoid the trap.

BigChiefFan
11-14-2008, 10:17 AM
It needs to happen, so those with their heads in the sand will wake up and realize we are still 1-18 in our last 19 games. Thigpen is a pleasant surprise(even though some stuck by him, when many gave up on him after only one game), he's still only ONE player, who HAD to have the offense changed to utilize his skills better. Once teams catch on to the spread and Herm goes back to being conservative, many will be wondering, WTF were they thinking?

raybec 4
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
IMO the way he was able to come back after being so shitty in
Atl and play the way he has says he's mentally tough.

Reerun_KC
11-14-2008, 10:22 AM
McBride is back!

We are going to roll the Saints, They will be lucky to score, this is the week we unveil "the plan".

TrickyNicky
11-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Some of his passes are still sailing, but less than in Atlanta.

He missed, Bowe I think??, on a cross route and it sailed out of bounds.

Yeah, I've been seeing that too. When the blitz comes he gets happy feet and doesn't set when he throws sometimes.

ceebz
11-14-2008, 10:31 AM

It's called experience. Don't we need to know whether or not this guy can forget the last play and move forward?

All Qb's have bad games, it's the good ones that can forget it and come out tossing lasers the following week.

RedThat
11-14-2008, 10:52 AM
It's called experience. Don't we need to know whether or not this guy can forget the last play and move forward?

All Qb's have bad games, it's the good ones that can forget it and come out tossing lasers the following week.

Imo, he's already done that.

He had a bad game against Atlanta, and what is he doing now?

MIAdragon
11-14-2008, 10:55 AM

Yes this will happen, all the tards will say he sucks and is no more than a back-up ect ect. I can see it now. :shake:

ceebz
11-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Imo, he's already done that.

He had a bad game against Atlanta, and what is he doing now?

Well, in hindsight, I believe the Atlanta game was more nerves than anything.

The thing about battling adversity is, will it break him? Or, will he suck it up, march the team down the field and score the winning TD?

Thigpen is playing well, and I hope he will turn out to be the guy. But, to be the guy, he has to prove he won't crumble every time he makes a mistake.

This is my major problem with Herm's offensive philosophy. He gets so conservative so that, in his mind, his team can't fail. When in reality, all he's doing is slowing the maturation process and stunting all of these kids' growth.

How can all of these kids learn to stand up and make a play when the game's on the line, if they're never given the opportunity to?

RedThat
11-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, in hindsight, I believe the Atlanta game was more nerves than anything.

The thing about battling adversity is, will it break him? Or, will he suck it up, march the team down the field and score the winning TD?

Thigpen is playing well, and I hope he will turn out to be the guy. But, to be the guy, he has to prove he won't crumble every time he makes a mistake.

This is my major problem with Herm's offensive philosophy. He gets so conservative so that, in his mind, his team can't fail. When in reality, all he's doing is slowing the maturation process and stunting all of these kids' growth.

How can all of these kids learn to stand up and make a play when the game's on the line, if they're never given the opportunity to?

That's the thing we have to find out? He hasn't made a mistake yet these past 3 games. But I really like that in a QB? A QB that can make no mistakes is awesome. I look at a guy like Brady, and he started off his career the same way. He rarely made mistakes. And for him it all started with developing confidence. I see a similar situation with Tyler Thigpen. All Im saying here is, it is more important for a young QB to focus on developing confidence rather then making mistakes. The mistakes will come, no doubt, but confidence is the most important right now rather then battling adversity imo. Little baby steps.

One thing I can say is, the kid has come a long way being a 7th rounder, and a 3rd string QB from Coastal Carolina. Its gonna take time to make a good judgement on him. I just hope that he stays healthy and keeps doing what hes doing. And Thats thing is having a guy consistently back there, and the Chiefs didn't have that earlier in the year because Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard got hurt.

Im with you on Herm's philosophy. Very few people are fans of conservatism. I agree it stunts the grow of younger players. However, these last couple of weeks were starting to see a little more creativity in the playcalling. And were starting to see the likes of Thigpen and Bradley. I think Gailey is a playmaker. And right now what he is doing is working well with the players I just hope it continues and works well not only now but down the road.

Micjones
11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
It needs to happen, so those with their heads in the sand will wake up and realize we are still 1-18 in our last 19 games. Thigpen is a pleasant surprise(even though some stuck by him, when many gave up on him after only one game), he's still only ONE player, who HAD to have the offense changed to utilize his skills better. Once teams catch on to the spread and Herm goes back to being conservative, many will be wondering, WTF were they thinking?

If memory serves an offense was once tailored to Priest Holmes and that was never seen as an indictment of him.

talastan
11-14-2008, 12:17 PM
If memory serves an offense was once tailored to Priest Holmes and that was never seen as an indictment of him.

We're not allowed to use logical thinking here at the Planet!! Shame on you!! :D