PDA

View Full Version : Football 2009 free agents

angelo
11-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Baltimore will have 4 top priorities.

DE Terrell Suggs 26yrs old
OLB Bart Scott 28yrs old ]
MLB Ray Lewis 33yrs old (I think Baltimore will do whatever it takes to keep him)

C/G Jason Brown (could move Rudy To Guard)

I do not think they will have the cap room for all of them. I believe 14,000,000 total

What are the odds of landing Scott, Suggs Or Brown all needs.

Ang

KCrockaholic
11-16-2008, 10:11 AM
eh, id think about Suggs because he can play DE/OLB but he just doesnt seem as good as he used to be....I see a Kendrell Bell with Suggs IF we pick him up.

angelo
11-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Thank You for the input

Ang

KCrockaholic
11-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Thank You for the input

Ang

np, id be more interestd in possibly Jonathan Vilma at MLB if we dont draft an automatic starter this year. Vilma is still pretty young and a great player right now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2008, 10:19 AM
The only one who would even be worth targeting is Suggs, and you'd probably have to give him 6-7 years and 50-60 million dollars. Right now, he's playing in a defense that maximizes his strengths and has a ton of supporting talent around him.

If you go back the last 3-5 years in free agency, you aren't going to find a lot of extremely high priced pickups who were worth what the signing team paid for them, whether it's Nate Clements, Grant Wistrom, or even Jared Allen.

Nero's Neptune
11-16-2008, 10:20 AM
how old is Brown? and how good is he, really?

Haven't heard much about Niswanger this year. It's hard for me to evaluate how he's doing without studying film. I'm not much of an O-line guy anyway....Is he strong enough to play RG? or does he just need to be replaced? Do we need 3 O-linemen?

Skip Towne
11-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Maybe we can find somebody to trade O lines with like Denver did.

KCrockaholic
11-16-2008, 10:23 AM

Haven't heard much about Niswanger this year. It's hard for me to evaluate how he's doing without studying film. I'm not much of an O-line guy anyway....Is he strong enough to play RG? or does he just need to be replaced? Do we need 3 O-linemen?

NIswanger really sucked in the last game, I dont think he starting material anywhere on the line. Maybe if we give him a couple more years he will get better...IDK much about Jason Brown also? I rarely ever hear him mentioned.

milkman
11-16-2008, 10:26 AM

Niswanger is tall for a center (6'4"/5") and is struggling to some extent to get low enough to get his hands underneath the pad level of DTs/NGs.

He's improving, but he's probably better suited to play RG.

I haven't really watched Brown, so I can't comment on him or his technique.

Rausch
11-16-2008, 10:28 AM
I'd be willing to overpay for Ray Lewis at this point.

I know he isn't 1/2 the player he was at his prime but his on-field and lockerroom leadership are amazing. His value as a mentor to younger players would be huge. His energy and work ethic right up there.

Plus, we have jack $#it at MLB and we're 11ty BILLION dollars under the cap...

milkman
11-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd be willing to overpay for Ray Lewis at this point.

I know he isn't 1/2 the player he was at his prime but his on-field and lockerroom leadership are amazing. His value as a mentor to younger players would be huge. His energy and work ethic right up there.

Plus, we have jack $#it at MLB and we're 11ty BILLION dollars under the cap...

I'd rather draft a MLB.

Lewis is getting long in the tooth for the NFL.

Coach
11-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Niswanger is tall for a center (6'4"/5") and is struggling to some extent to get low enough to get his hands underneath the pad level of DTs/NGs.

He's improving, but he's probably better suited to play RG.

I haven't really watched Brown, so I can't comment on him or his technique.

Which I think we have discussed about before that moving Herb Taylor to the C position, and moving Rudy to the RG spot.

I know it's just small sample size from last year, but I thought Rudy did well at the G position before he got injured.

milkman
11-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Which I think we have discussed about before that moving Herb Taylor to the C position, and moving Rudy to the RG spot.

I know it's just small sample size from last year, but I thought Rudy did well at the G position before he got injured.

I agree.

I have repeatedly said that Taylor has a more instinctive understanding of leverage technique than anyone I can remember.

His skill set is perfect for the center position, provided he can learn to handle the center/QB exchange.

I'm surprised that you and I are virtually the only ones to see it.

KCrockaholic
11-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I agree.

I have repeatedly said that Taylor has a more instinctive understanding of leverage technique than anyone I can remember.

His skill set is perfect for the center position, provided he can learn to handle the center/QB exchange.

I'm surprised that you and I are virtually the only ones to see it.

oh i definately see the potential that Taylor has, hes a very good player for it being his 2nd year i believe. idk about the center position though, if he got his chance at center we would just have to wait and see how he did.

milkman
11-16-2008, 10:40 AM
oh i definately see the potential that Taylor has, hes a very good player for it being his 2nd year i believe. idk about the center position though, if he got his chance at center we would just have to wait and see how he did.

Well........Duh......

Mr. Laz
11-16-2008, 11:54 AM
i think a quality veteran center would REALLY,REALLY help our offensive line.

btw - we need to start looking for a replacement for Waters imo