PDA

View Full Version : Other Games Goal line blitz bullsh*t

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 12:13 PM
So I have a level 20 Offensive lineman whose contract expired on the 5th. Guy sends me a message he wants to sign me, and " I will start" then basically uses me to help get other people from my existing team to sign. So I help him get a couple of defensive starters then I sign.

In the meanwhile (span of a day) signed 2 offensive lineman. This concerned me because he had them both on the depth chart at tackle ahead of me. So I pmed him and asked what's up that? He said well we're gonna rotate you at ot and some guard you'll play as many snaps as a starter. Then he signed 2 more guards and another OT.

I am 2nd at rt and 3rd at lt(my o lineman's best position) no guard nothing. I played 9 snaps in the game yesterday.

URGHHHHHHHHH

Braincase
11-17-2008, 12:18 PM
I didn't know Carl Peterson played GoalLineBlitz.

KCChiefsMan
11-17-2008, 03:26 PM
that sucks dude

MTG#10
11-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Link to the team?

11-17-2008, 04:09 PM
That is why I stopped playing. I have a mean center that never gets to start.

stlchiefs
11-17-2008, 06:15 PM
happens all the time. Happened to all my players.

ModSocks
11-17-2008, 06:26 PM
That sucks dude, start a riot. Piss everyone off until he cuts you.

RustShack
11-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah dude, get cut and sign with me!

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 11:58 PM
That sucks dude, start a riot. Piss everyone off until he cuts you.

I've already started my TO locker room tirade in the teams forum.

I mean hey I understand everyone is trying to field a winning team and compete. To me you sign weaker backups, for christ sakes he's paying me 3000 a day with a 20000 signing bonus to be 3rd string.

I feel like ryan sims.

J Diddy
11-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah dude, get cut and sign with me!

I was hinting at it the other day, you didn't respond.

You could make a trade offer for me. Somehow I think this douche will let me rot the rest of the year. good news is I'll still be able to level and I will not assign any skill points or training points until I get to my next team.

11-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Anybody want a level 26 center?

J Diddy
11-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Anybody want a level 26 center?

I think i'm gonna start my own team

11-18-2008, 12:56 AM
I gut traded than then cut the next day. Don't even know why as no reason was given. Maybe my not logging in when he wouldn't start me finally paid off.

J Diddy
11-18-2008, 01:02 AM
I gut traded than then cut the next day. Don't even know why as no reason was given. Maybe my not logging in when he wouldn't start me finally paid off.

oh hell I'll take the 3000 a day he's paying me, but ABSOLUTELY refuse to better my player after the BS he pulled. I mean chrissakes he initiated the conversation with you'll be my starter.

unlurking
11-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Change your avatar to this, but change the name to the team owner obviously. Post all over the league forums.

J Diddy
11-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Change your avatar to this, but change the name to the team owner obviously. Post all over the league forums.

I think that would probably get me booted from the league.

11-19-2008, 01:00 AM

ROFL:clap:

unlurking
11-19-2008, 04:46 AM
I think that would probably get me booted from the league.
Worked for me! Credit actually goes to MTG#10 for the original in game advice for this one. Been through some shitty owners in the past myself. The game really needs some form of sit-out option for players, or SOMETHING that allows us to fight "the man".

J Diddy
11-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Worked for me! Credit actually goes to MTG#10 for the original in game advice for this one. Been through some shitty owners in the past myself. The game really needs some form of sit-out option for players, or SOMETHING that allows us to fight "the man".

Agreed. I actually contemplated retiring my guy rather than help this dude out. In the end I decide I'll just use his money. He's trying to get a bad ass corner for me and I don't think it'll happen. Good news is the last game I got 50 plays in at least. So maybe I'm overreacting.

The Franchise
11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Change your settings to the opposite of what he wants and then don't log in.

J Diddy
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Change your settings to the opposite of what he wants and then don't log in.

If I don't log in do I still get paid?

The Franchise
11-19-2008, 01:27 PM

I was gone for two weeks......set all of my advanced settings and didn't log on. I still got paid.

If you're worried about it....just log in every other day but leave your settings at the opposite of what he wants. If he wants you to pass block....set yours to run block.

The Franchise
11-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Agreed. I actually contemplated retiring my guy rather than help this dude out. In the end I decide I'll just use his money. He's trying to get a bad ass corner for me and I don't think it'll happen. Good news is the last game I got 50 plays in at least. So maybe I'm overreacting.

You can't retire until he cuts you.

J Diddy
11-19-2008, 01:32 PM
I was gone for two weeks......set all of my advanced settings and didn't log on. I still got paid.

If you're worried about it....just log in every other day but leave your settings at the opposite of what he wants. If he wants you to pass block....set yours to run block.

The funny thing is mine has been set to pass block since day 1. He's got me backing up right guard and right tackle. Plus my attribute tree is total geared to a pass blocking LT. He's still trying to trade me per my last conversation, but like I said I don't think it will happen. He's paying me $3000, which I don't know in the whole scale of things is that much but is considerably more than the last owner was paying me. At least it's a 1 year contract. :shrug:

I guess if worse comes to worse I'll take my limited snaps and his money and try to even the guy out.

MTG#10
11-19-2008, 08:04 PM

Yes you will get paid, but keep in mind you can only save up to 14 training points (7 days worth) then you start wasting them so you should log in at least once a week. Also if you're really pissed remove all of your equipment and like unlurking said change your avatar to something offensive to the owner. If you're getting enough plays now, just roll with it until your contract is up.

MTG#10
11-19-2008, 08:05 PM

Yeah but you lost a week's worth of training points. :( Or was part of it during the offseason?

11-19-2008, 08:10 PM
anyone want to take over my Center? Eric Manchester. Lvl 26 and only 5 points short of lvl 27. I also have 200 flex pts ready to be used. Haven't used them to lvl up because I am so close to the next level as it is.

J Diddy
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Yes you will get paid, but keep in mind you can only save up to 14 training points (7 days worth) then you start wasting them so you should log in at least once a week. Also if you're really pissed remove all of your equipment and like unlurking said change your avatar to something offensive to the owner. If you're getting enough plays now, just roll with it until your contract is up.

They added something in the FAQ about player-owner disputes. If I put something offensive I could be banned. I think I'm just gonna roll with it. After my contract is up I'm out for sure. Maybe even get on the waiting list to get my own team.

unlurking
11-20-2008, 05:38 AM
They added something in the FAQ about player-owner disputes. If I put something offensive I could be banned. I think I'm just gonna roll with it. After my contract is up I'm out for sure. Maybe even get on the waiting list to get my own team.
That's fucked up. Bort needs to add an option for a player to hold out.