PDA

View Full Version : Misc Legitimate Reason for Husband to Kill Wife

vailpass
11-18-2008, 11:00 AM
How the hell does a non-retarded person fall for this scam?

Woman loses $400,000 in Nigerian e-mail scam

Associated Press

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SWEET HOME, Ore. — An Oregon woman who is out $400,000 after falling for a well-known Internet scam says she wasn’t a sucker or an easy mark.

Janella Spears of Sweet Home says she simply became curious when she received an e-mail promising her $20.5 million if she would only help out a long-lost relative identified as J.B. Spears with a little money up front.

Spears told KATU-TV about the scammers’ ability to identify her relative by name was persuasive.

“That’s what got me to believe it,” She said. “So, why wouldn’t you send over $100?”

Spears, who is a nursing administrator and CPR teacher, said she mortgaged the house and took a lien out on the family car, and ran through her husband’s retirement account.

“The retirement he was dreaming of — cruising and going around and seeing America — is pretty much gone for him right now,” she said.

She estimates it will take two years to clear the debt that accumulated in the more than two years she spent sending money to con artists.

Her family and bank officials told her it was all a scam, she said, and begged her to stop, but she persisted because she became obsessed with getting paid.

The scheme is often called the “Nigerian scam” and it’s familiar to many people with e-mail accounts. It still exists and it still works.

Spears first sent $100 through an untraceable wire service as directed by the scammers. Then, more multimillion dollar promises followed so long as she sent more money.

The scammers sent Spears official-looking documents and certificates from the Bank of Nigeria and the United Nations. President Bush and FBI Director Robert Mueller were also involved, the e-mails said, and needed her help.

They sent official-looking documents and certificates from the Bank of Nigeria and even from the United Nations, saying her payment was “guaranteed.”

But it wasn’t and now Spears is paying the price for her costly lesson.

“The hope is [other people] are not going to fall as hard as I fell,” Spears said.

Mr. Plow
11-18-2008, 11:03 AM
It amazes me how stupid some people are.

Demonpenz
11-18-2008, 11:06 AM
I got screwed in a scam one time trying to sell utilities and fake cranberry juice

sedated
11-18-2008, 11:09 AM
that dumb b!tch deserved to get cleaned out, but feel bad for the husband.

ironic that now he won't have enough money to divorce that moron.

alpha_omega
11-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Yep....punishable by death!

But really, shouldn't the husband have noticed this was going on and put a stop to it before it got to the 400K mark?!?!?!

vailpass
11-18-2008, 11:11 AM
that dumb b!tch deserved to get cleaned out, but feel bad for the husband.

ironic that now he won't have enough money to divorce that moron.

Divorce her?Hell no. Put that ho out on the track every night until she restores what she lost.

Bitch better have my money. Not part of my money, not some of my money, bitch better have ALL my money.

Pimpin aint easy.

luv
11-18-2008, 11:14 AM

But really, shouldn't the husband have noticed this was going on and put a stop to it before it got to the 400K mark?!?!?!

I've never had a house to take out a second mortgage on, but wouldn't both parties (assuming they're both on the agreement) have to sign?

J Diddy
11-18-2008, 11:14 AM

No kiddng, I don't know who's more stupid. The wife for falling for this or the husband who is so detached from his personal finances that he didn't realize this was going on or didn't stop it.

Demonpenz
11-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Somehow I wouldn't feel safe with her putting an IV in

Nzoner
11-18-2008, 11:20 AM

heh,there was some real communication issues in that home,me thinks it's time for a female option to nuthooks.

RJ
11-18-2008, 11:22 AM
What's interesting is that in all likelihood most of the people who fall for this stuff never report it.

phisherman
11-18-2008, 11:28 AM
i was given great words of wisdom once by a guy that ran a Ray Adams car dealership. At the time I was asking him about the psychology of people that come in to buy cars.

the words i kept from that conversation were, "If the deal's too good to be true, then it probably isn't true."

dj56dt58
11-18-2008, 11:38 AM
i was given great words of wisdom once by a guy that ran a Ray Adams car dealership. At the time I was asking him about the psychology of people that come in to buy cars.

the words i kept from that conversation were, "If the deal's too good to be true, then it probably isn't true."

I think you mean ...

ohhh, I get it

crazycoffey
11-18-2008, 11:45 AM
I was just scammed the other week, for the sunday paper, $25 Bucks for a year of sundays, but nothing yet....

Otter
11-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I've never had a house to take out a second mortgage on, but wouldn't both parties (assuming they're both on the agreement) have to sign?

Depends on how the papers are arranged but usually yes.

Dartgod
11-18-2008, 11:49 AM
heh,there was some real communication issues in that home,me thinks it's time for a female option to nuthooks.
Labia hooks? Or a clitoris hook?

J Diddy
11-18-2008, 12:11 PM

Pull her behind a tractor attaching 2 chains, 1 to each nipple ring.

that'll teach her

J Diddy
11-18-2008, 12:12 PM
I was just scammed the other week, for the sunday paper, $25 Bucks for a year of sundays, but nothing yet....

On a related note, I've found some sucker I could steal his sunday paper from everyweek....

crazycoffey
11-18-2008, 12:30 PM
On a related note, I've found some sucker I could steal his sunday paper from everyweek....

:cuss: damn you, at least bring it back when you're done!!!

Delano
11-18-2008, 12:32 PM

The taint hook.

Bwana
11-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Wow

38yrsfan
11-18-2008, 12:54 PM
It amazes me how stupid some people are.

Amen, Donk fans are a part of that phenomenon ...........

ziggysocki
11-18-2008, 01:05 PM
I call BS! That is not a scam. I just got an email this morning saying that I would get my 2.4 million next week.

Dartgod
11-18-2008, 01:11 PM
The guy who pulled this off probably just won the Heisman Trophy equivalent for Nigerian Email Scams.

http://www.out-law.com/images/mantu.jpg

crazycoffey
11-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Amen, Donk fans are a part of that phenomenon ...........

as chiefs fans, we may not have much room to talk, just saying...

stumppy
11-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Sweet!!

This just means a bigger piece of the pie for me when the Bank releases the cash. The last communication I recieved from my people in Nigeria said only 7 people been allowed to participate. $20.5 million split 6 ways is all that much better.

Buck
11-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Anybody?

http://www.bedalemf.com/assets/images/supercoldmasterconc.gif

Dartgod
11-18-2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.bnp.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/nigeria-419-scam.jpg

Sure-Oz
11-18-2008, 01:30 PM
LMFAO, i wish i sent her the email

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-18-2008, 01:34 PM
I call BS! That is not a scam. I just got an email this morning saying that I would get my 2.4 million next week.

Dont do it!!!!!!!!!

I fell for this scam also!

4 Times!

raybec 4
11-18-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm going to send her an e-mail now stating that if she gives me $25K I can help her get her money back.

Rain Man
11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
If y'all want to really be depressed, keep in mind that this woman somehow amassed $400,000, and then compare that to your own finances.