PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 1st & Goal from the one, make anyone else sick ?

chiefsngop
11-18-2008, 03:37 PM
2nd quarter vs. the Saints D and we had 3 shots from the 1 yard line to punch it in.

Make anyone else sick that we had to settle for a field goal ??

It made me throw up for the following reasons :

1. Is our O-line really that incompetent that we can't push anyone on the Saints line back just 3 feet in 3 tries ? (Had we run the ball 3 times)

2. Did Chan Gailey really think the Pistol Formation was a good idea on the goal line ?

3. Why in God's name if we weren't going to run it right at them 3 times, did we not send our mobile QB on a rollout with TG & D Bowe 4 yards deep ? Thiggy coulda ran it in, passed it in, or thrown it away if it broke down. But I like those odds.

4. Really made me miss the days of Roaf man-handling someone, Tony Richardson submarining someone, and Priest super man flying right over the ensuing carnage for 6 points.

The offense has looked better since Thigpen and the spread came along, what do you guys think went wrong, that caused us to seizure in the face of only 1 yard to go ???

Mr. Arrowhead
11-18-2008, 03:43 PM
i still say LJ got in

OnTheWarpath15
11-18-2008, 03:45 PM
First, it shouldn't have been an issue. It was crystal clear that unless LJ was carrying the ball in his jock, that he scored on 1st down.

Second, it's calls like the ones made on Sunday that make me cringe when people here give Gailey a ton of credit for turning this offense around.

How many times did we throw a goddamn jump ball?

Set up in an I formation, and at least give them something to think about. Slip Cox out of the backfield. Rollout. Anything.

But what happened Sunday was pretty much "throw it up for Bowe and hope we get lucky."

For all the creativity he seems to be showing between the 20's, Gailey seems to be going brain-dead when it matters most.

chiefsngop
11-18-2008, 03:46 PM
i still say LJ got in

Sh*t ! I meant to add that as my 5th reason but forgot. Unless LJ was holding that ball with his thighs, he was definetly in.

chiefsngop
11-18-2008, 03:47 PM
First, it shouldn't have been an issue. It was crystal clear that unless LJ was carrying the ball in his jock, that he scored on 1st down.

Second, it's calls like the ones made on Sunday that make me cringe when people here give Gailey a ton of credit for turning this offense around.

How many times did we throw a goddamn jump ball?

Set up in an I formation, and at least give them something to think about. Slip Cox out of the backfield. Rollout. Anything.

But what happened Sunday was pretty much "throw it up for Bowe and hope we get lucky."

For all the creativity he seems to be showing between the 20's, Gailey seems to be going brain-dead when it matters most.

Yeah, that's why I seriously questioned us using THE PISTOL formation on the goaline.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Do people really think just because we threw jump balls that was the only potential target on the play?

It was very clear on both of those touchdowns that the Saints had the other options covered. For whatever reason they left Bowe in single coverage. Thigpen makes the decision to throw a jump ball, not Gailey.

StcChief
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Sh*t ! I meant to add that as my 5th reason but forgot. Unless LJ was holding that ball with his thighs, he was definetly in.the Refs and NFL Hate the Chiefs.....
re-enforced when we took Brady out week one.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
It didnt make me sick.. I kind of expected it....

Saulbadguy
11-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Spread offense will fail that close to the goal line.

Frazod
11-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Spread offense will fail that close to the goal line.

Kind of reminded me of Missouri trying to score against Oklahoma.

petegz28
11-18-2008, 04:10 PM
That 1 yard comes down to nothing more than heart. For the o-line but even more so the RB. Marcus Allen and Priest Holmes were automatic. They were going to find a way, it didn't matter what the line did, they were getting in the fucking end zone. LJ doesn't have that and our o-line is not good enough.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2008, 04:12 PM
That 1 yard comes down to nothing more than heart. For the o-line but even more so the RB. Marcus Allen and Priest Holmes were automatic. They were going to find a way, it didn't matter what the line did, they were getting in the fucking end zone. LJ doesn't have that and our o-line is not good enough.

Let's not forget that LJ actually SCORED.

On the second play he took one step and was met by a defender. He didn't even have a chance to get in the air. As it is he did well to lose one yard instead of three.

alpha_omega
11-18-2008, 04:18 PM
It didnt make me sick.. I kind of expected it....

Yep, we have become accustomed to a high suckage factor!

Reerun_KC
11-18-2008, 04:32 PM

On the second play he took one step and was met by a defender. He didn't even have a chance to get in the air. As it is he did well to lose one yard instead of three.

Well according to the NFL, the women beater failed to get into the endzone...

petegz28
11-18-2008, 04:33 PM

True, I will give him that, he did get fucked.

PastorMikH
11-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I haven't been happy with our goal-line play for several years now. I thought LJ instead of Priest was a lot of the reason, but it's to the point if we had 4 downs to go 5 yards for a TD against 9 defenders, I'd still have my doubts as to whether we could punch it in consistently.