PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Has anybody ever tried to sit through an entire episode of Boston Legal?...

mikey23545
11-19-2008, 08:53 PM
...and if so, why?

BigRock
11-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I saw some of it at somebody's house once. I didn't have a choice.

This teenager was accused of murder or something and his mom was played by Peggy Bundy. And the victim was this older woman that the kid had been banging, and I guess the woman looked kind of like his mom.

So it came out in testimony that he was obsessed with his mother, and spanked it to pictures of her sunbathing topless and a bunch of weird stuff like that. And I guess the theory was that the woman found out she looked like his mom and confronted him about it, and he killed her. Something like that.

Anyway, this was all shocking news to Peggy Bundy, that her son wanted her. But they ended up finding the kid not guilty. I think the real murderer was revealed, and the whole mom obsession thing had nothing to do with anything.

So Peggy and her son and the lawyer end up in a little room in the courthouse, getting ready to face the press after the trial. The lawyer left and Peggy talked to her son and reassured him that everything between them was okay. And then they started making out.

I haven't seen any of the show since, although I don't know why. That's a money angle right there.

Rain Man
11-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Isn't that by that guy who basically has the same story lines in a bunch of different settings and cranks out multiple shows - people in a school, people in a law firm, etc.?

Over-Head
11-19-2008, 09:16 PM
...and if so, why?
The hot blond "7 of 9"

Miles
11-19-2008, 09:23 PM
It used to be pretty damn amusing which more than made up for its sometimes preachy content. At some point it started to become less humor and more dramatic, preachy plot lines which eventually got to where I couldn't take it anymore.

KCChiefsMan
11-19-2008, 09:26 PM
nope

mikey23545
11-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Basically, every single show is a setup for a long-winded, liberal rant about one of the Lib's favorite talking points. Abortion, gun control, capital punishment, etc...It <i>always</i> takes the form of a speech in front of either the judge or the jury by an incredibly noble, incredibly liberal lawyer. There will <i>always</i> be a conservative apologist who is portrayed as simple-minded and mean-spirited and who is easily embarrassed by the noble and righteous liberal. Repeat this formula for every single show they have ever filmed and you have the gist of it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Basically, every single show is a setup for a long-winded, liberal rant about one of the Lib's favorite talking points. Abortion, gun control, capital punishment, etc...It always takes the form of a speech in front of either the judge or the jury by an incredibly noble, incredibly liberal lawyer. There will always be a conservative apologist who is portrayed as simple-minded and mean-spirited and who is easily embarrassed by the noble and righteous liberal. Repeat this formula for every single show they have ever filmed and you have the gist of it.

Take it to DC, dumbass.

mikey23545
11-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Take it to DC, dumbass.

Go fuck yourself.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Go fuck yourself.

WAAAHHHHHHHHHH

There's an entire forum for your slimy gray skinned conspiracy theories. Take it there and shut your r-tard trap.

Simply Red
11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
...and if so, why?

ROFL

Simply Red
11-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Take it to DC, dumbass.

Be careful 'Hamas', you're playing w/ fire.

Reaper16
11-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Boston Legal fucking rules. Sure, its politics are slanted, but who gives a fuck? If a conservative-leaning lawyer dramedy had characters as good as Alan Shore and Denny Crane then I would absolutely watch it.

Its not what a show is about, its how a show is about. And Boston Legal mixes laughs with drama with topical issues with superb acting.

StcChief
11-19-2008, 09:51 PM
The cigars and scotch scene on the deck is always good at the end :shrug:

Miles
11-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Boston Legal fucking rules. Sure, its politics are slanted, but who gives a fuck? If a conservative-leaning lawyer dramedy had characters as good as Alan Shore and Denny Crane then I would absolutely watch it.

Its not what a show is about, its how a show is about. And Boston Legal mixes laughs with drama with topical issues with superb acting.

I watched it up through the first few episodes of last season. It was getting a little stale to me and a good chunk of the humor seemed to be missing. Did it improve over last season season or this season? Basically is it worth it for me to catch up?

RJ
11-19-2008, 09:53 PM
No, I've never seen even a minute of it. Probably never will.

Simply Red
11-19-2008, 09:54 PM
The cigars and scotch scene on the deck is always good at the end :shrug:

MMMM, Maybe. But the show as a whole? Not sure I've seen a whole episode.

Reaper16
11-19-2008, 09:54 PM
I watched it up through the first few episodes of last season. It was getting a little stale to me and a good chunk of the humor seemed to be missing. Did it improve over last season season or this season? Basically is it worth it for me to catch up?
I didn't watch a single episode of season 4 actually. I tend to wait for the DVDs, and I haven't bought season 4 yet. Economy and all.

I am catching season 5 since I realized I could watch the episodes on abc.com, and the funny is definitely back. This is the last season; in fact, there are probably only 5-7 episodes left in the whole series.

Seasons 1-3 are fairly brilliant, though.

Simply Red
11-19-2008, 09:56 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o38HfGefSqg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o38HfGefSqg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Skip Towne
11-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Even though I never watched it I was pretty sure it sucked.

Thig Lyfe
11-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Go fuck yourself.

John Ziegler? Is that you?

alanm
11-19-2008, 10:22 PM
...and if so, why?
No, it's about scum sucking lawyers. Nuff said.

HemiEd
11-20-2008, 02:58 PM
It used to be pretty damn amusing which more than made up for its sometimes preachy content. At some point it started to become less humor and more dramatic, preachy plot lines which eventually got to where I couldn't take it anymore.

It is still funny as hell. ROFL

Granted they have really started to preach their political views. But what do you expect from actors, in a Boston setting?

Mr. Laz
11-20-2008, 03:03 PM
yea ... sometimes

it's ok

Jilly
11-20-2008, 03:05 PM
LOVE the show, one of my favorites...just because it has just enough quirkiness

Mr. Laz
11-20-2008, 03:08 PM
LOVE the show, one of my favorites...just because it has just enough quirkiness

james spader kinda creeps me out .... he's pretty much creeped me out in ever role he's played though.

something about the way he crumples his mouth on one side when he talks and has these weird pauses when he talks. *shiver* one creepy dude imo

if spader ever turns out to be a serial killer i will not be surprised.

Demonpenz
11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
I did. Hoping to see candice bergnan in her underwear

Jilly
11-20-2008, 03:14 PM
james spader kinda creeps me out .... he's pretty much creeped me out in ever role he's played though.

something about the way he crumples his mouth on one side when he talks and has these weird pauses when he talks. *shiver* one creepy dude imo

if spader ever turns out to be a serial killer i will not be surprised.

I don't particularly like the way he moves his hands during his rants...but that's just me...

|Zach|
11-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Great, another whiny "THE LIBERALS ARE RUINING MY LIFE!" rant.

What a bitch.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2008, 03:16 PM
I don't particularly like the way he moves his hands during his rants...but that's just me...
phew ..... i think somebody needs their diaper changed again, mommy.

:D

Jilly
11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
phew ..... i think somebody needs their diaper changed again, mommy.

What? I'm serious! Next time you watch it, watch how he moves his hands..you'll know what I'm saying, you just haven't noticed it yet.

|Zach|
11-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I remember watching bits and pieces of a few episodes. Never really did anything for me. Court dramas usually don't though.

burt
11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
I have only missed ....maybe....3 shows since Boston Legal started. I love the show. Second in writing omly to My Name is Earl

88TG88
11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
No, I've never seen even a minute of it. Probably never will.

same, don't find it appealing at all.

Demonpenz
11-20-2008, 04:13 PM
i hate drama's in general but I sometimes watch law and order... especially if I got drunk and lost the remote

Sully
11-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Big fan.
Spader...love the guy
Larouquette...love the guy
Shatner...grown to love the guy
Strangely cute British girl with the huge schnozz...like her
Murphy Brown...very cool
Guy from Benson...off the show...check
Jerry...hilarious
I do miss Craig Bierko, though.

Reaper16
11-20-2008, 05:28 PM
James Spader is unreal good on this show. The only character on TV that I enjoy watching more is Hugh Laurie's Dr. Gregory House.

KC_Connection
11-20-2008, 05:32 PM
I watch it for Spader's acting.

Ultra Peanut
11-27-2008, 08:47 PM
I watched Boston Legal nine times before I realized it wasn't a new Star Trek.

el borracho
11-27-2008, 09:34 PM
I've seen bits of it but, IIRC, it is one of those shows that uses that intentional-crappy-camera-work technique that gives me a headache so I'll probably never sit through an entire episode.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Basically, every single show is a setup for a long-winded, liberal rant about one of the Lib's favorite talking points. Abortion, gun control, capital punishment, etc...It <i>always</i> takes the form of a speech in front of either the judge or the jury by an incredibly noble, incredibly liberal lawyer. There will <i>always</i> be a conservative apologist who is portrayed as simple-minded and mean-spirited and who is easily embarrassed by the noble and righteous liberal. Repeat this formula for every single show they have ever filmed and you have the gist of it.

A. So you don't like it just because you're a conservative

and

B. They pretty much nail the conservative charactor

I gotta start watching this show. Thanks for the tip.

mikey23545
11-27-2008, 10:44 PM
A. So you don't like it just because you're a conservative

and

B. They pretty much nail the conservative charactor

I gotta start watching this show. Thanks for the tip.

Hey, knock yourself out....

I really don't think anyone who can think would find it appealing. It's a childish, preachy show where the obviously gay writers set up conservative straw men to knock down...

I would tear their main character a new asshole in a real debate.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2008, 10:44 PM
mikey is the most miserable cocksucker I've ever seen post on this forum.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Hey, knock yourself out....

I really don't think anyone who can think would find it appealing. It's a childish, preachy show where the obviously gay writers set up conservative straw men to knock down...

I would tear their main character a new asshole in a real debate.

No, you'd storm off stomping your feet with your fingers in your ears like you do every time you get in an argument on here. 4321

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2008, 10:53 PM
FWIW, the head writer of Boston Legal has been married to Michelle Pfeiffer for 15 years...what a fag.

mikey23545
11-27-2008, 11:05 PM
No, you'd storm off stomping your feet with your fingers in your ears like you do every time you get in an argument on here. 4321

Uhhh, ookaaayyy...

mikey23545
11-27-2008, 11:06 PM
mikey is the most miserable one who sucks the penis I've ever seen post on this forum.

No, I'm quite the happy sort...I'm not a misery-dwelling liberal, you see....

mikey23545
11-27-2008, 11:07 PM
FWIW, the head writer of Boston Legal has been married to Michelle Pfeiffer for 15 years...what a pillowbiter.

Guess I should have said gay-<i>like</i>....

Logical
11-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Boston Legal ****ing rules. Sure, its politics are slanted, but who gives a ****? If a conservative-leaning lawyer dramedy had characters as good as Alan Shore and Denny Crane then I would absolutely watch it.

Absolutely my favorite show after House, funny as hell and by the way the liberals do not always win. Denny Crane (William Shatner) is about as conservative as they could have made someone by the way. No one would be that conservative in Boston in real life.

Logical
11-28-2008, 12:08 AM
No, I'm quite the happy sort...I'm not a misery-dwelling liberal, you see....But you do suffer from an obvious amount of repressed anger. It is kind of funny in a sad sort of way.:evil:

Simply Red
11-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Guys please. Seriously.

Logical
11-28-2008, 12:11 AM
I've seen bits of it but, IIRC, it is one of those shows that uses that intentional-crappy-camera-work technique that gives me a headache so I'll probably never sit through an entire episode.Pretty sure your mistaking this for one of the Law and Order clones (by the way I also hate those)

Reaper16
11-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Guys please. Seriously.
LMAO

RNR
11-28-2008, 08:13 AM

There is a lot of truth to that. I watch it from time to time, the show that aired the night before the election was nothing short of an ad for Obama. That said it has a very talented cast with great writing. I have always thought William Shatner was a no talent joke going back to his Star Trek days. He has reinvented himself in this show IMO and is the main reason I watch the show when I do.

BigRedChief
11-28-2008, 08:23 AM
I have always thought William Shatner was a no talent joke going back to his Star Trek days. He has reinvented himself in this show IMO and is the main reason I watch the show when I do.
Denny Crane and the mad cow and his over the top gun ho americanism is always good for a laugh or two.

But to the haters this is the last year of the show so it won't be bothering you much longer.