PDA

View Full Version : Football Vick Found Dog fighting to be Funny

Fairplay
11-22-2008, 04:31 AM
Hes a sick man. :eek:....:mad:

USDA: Vick found dogfighting 'funny to watch'
Report details QB placing pets in ring vs. pit pulls, failing polygraph test

RICHMOND, Va. - Michael Vick put family pets in rings with pit bulls and thought it was funny watching the trained killers injure or kill the helpless dogs, a witness told federal investigators during the dogfighting investigation that brought Vick down.

In a 17-page report filed Aug. 28, 2008, by case agent James Knorr of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and released Friday under the Freedom of Information Act, a person identified as confidential witness No. 1 said Vick placed pets in the ring against pit bulls owned by “Bad Newz Kennels” at least twice and watched as the pit bulls “caused major injuries.”

The witness said Vick and co-defendants Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips “thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs.”

Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison in Dec. 2007, and is due to be released from the federal prison at Leavenworth, Kan., on July 20, 2009. He returned to Virginia on Thursday and is being held in Hopewell pending his appearance in Surry County Circuit Court on Tuesday, where he is expected to plead guilty to two felony charges but receive a suspended sentence.

The report, which has some names and other information redacted to protect some of the parties involved, also details the killing of several dogs at property Vick owned on Moonlight Road in Surry County in mid-April 2007, just days before the first search warrant was executed on the property, turning a drug investigation into the one that sent Vick to prison.

It says Vick was administered a polygraph test by the FBI in October 2007 and denied taking part in the killing of dogs in mid-April. When told he had failed that part of the test, Vick recanted his story and admitted to helping hang six to eight underperforming dogs.

The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback, once the highest paid player in the NFL, has been suspended indefinitely by the league and his football future is uncertain. He’s also in the midst of bankruptcy proceedings with $16 million in assets and $20.4 million in liabilities.

Peace, who also was convicted in the case, said there were times he suggested that dogs unwilling to fight be given away, but that Vick said “they got to go,” meaning be killed.

The dogs were killed by shooting, hanging, electrocution and drowning, and in at least one instance, according to one of the witnesses, when Vick and Phillips killed a red pit bull by “slamming it to the ground several times before it died, breaking the dog’s back or neck.”

When he finally admitted to his role in the dogfighting operation, Vick also said he purchased his first pull bull, named “Champagne,” while a student at Virginia Tech in 1999. The dog was never used in fights, but was bred with other dogs, according to the report.

Champagne was among the 53 pit bulls seized from the home in a raid in

chasedude
11-22-2008, 04:39 AM
I hope he's someone's bitch in Leavenworth right now.

I just don't understand the hatred some people have of animals. Such loyal companions treated like shit. :shake:

reiko57
11-22-2008, 06:21 AM
hes in this special camp outside away from the other prisoners outside the main walls, cause people would want to hurt him just based on who he is

he doesn't even have the kind of contact with hardened thugs that 18 year old drug offenders have (trust me, its bullshi*)

MOhillbilly
11-22-2008, 07:17 AM
this is old news. i dont care that he fought dogs. i do care that he showed zero respect to his culls. hanging a dog that doesnt preform should have gotten his ass blackballed or handed to him. the oldtimers must be rolling in there graves.

Skip Towne
11-22-2008, 07:18 AM
He should be put in the ring with a Liger. Let's see how funny that is.

Fairplay
11-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Rumor has it that when he gets out of prison he wants to play for the Browns because they have the dog pound.

PhillyChiefFan
11-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Rumor has it that when he gets out of prison he wants to play for the Browns because they have the dog pound.

da dum...tsheeee :D

the Talking Can
11-22-2008, 07:29 AM
lj thinks fighting chicks is funny

Deberg_1990
11-22-2008, 08:41 AM
I wonder what he thinks of Bum Fights?

BWillie
11-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Two years for killing his own dogs. TWO F*CKING years. You've got to be shitting me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Two years for killing his own dogs. TWO F*CKING years. You've got to be shitting me.

Most dogs I've encountered are better than humans. He got off light if you ask me.

BWillie
11-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Most dogs I've encountered are better than humans. He got off light if you ask me.

It's a DOG. An animal that he owned. He did not steal someone's animal and kill it. We should put farmers in jail for two years when they blow the head off of a kind friendly little calf and then you go and eat it. I honestly don't know what at the difference is. You can't pick and chose what animals you can own and kill just because you have an emotional connection to them. It's simply not logical.

Somewhere OJ is sitting around watching Tv saying man this Vick guy got f*cked.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2008, 09:47 AM
It's a DOG. An animal that he owned. He did not steal someone's animal and kill it. We should put farmers in jail for two years when they blow the head off of a kind friendly little calf and then you go and eat it. I honestly don't know what at the difference is. You can't pick and chose what animals you can own and kill just because you have an emotional connection to them. It's simply not logical.

Yeah, there's absolutely nothing malicious about slamming a dog's head into the ground repeatedly until its neck breaks.

I'm sorry that you have no compassion for animals.

If you could do this to a dog, you could easily do the same to a human.

Bugeater
11-22-2008, 09:53 AM

I'm not entirely sure they were all his own dogs, the article references "family pets", but it's not clear as to what family they belonged to. Either way, it's pretty fucking sick.

Buehler445
11-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I watched on....damn it what was it....I think it was real sports they did a story on dogfighting and it was weird. I didn't take too much issue with the dogfighting and the killing of the dogs or whatever, I expected that.

But they interviewed a guy that had his dog stolen from his yard and they put it in the ring with these pit bulls. Got it all fucked up and returned it. I think the dog ended up dying. It was a decent looking shepard type dog. Young and healthy. If you're going to play the personal property card, that's fine. But if someone steals my dog and feeds it to another, fat man gonna be pissed.

BWillie
11-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, there's absolutely nothing malicious about slamming a dog's head into the ground repeatedly until its neck breaks.

Hmmmmm, well I have no point to kill a dog. I don't even own a dog. I typically kill animals to eat them. Like when I shoot a bow and arrow through a deer, and I hit it in the gut. It runs around for a long time in agony then it dies. Then I eat it.

Man, I should go to prison for 2 years.

Look, I'm not saying what Mike Vick did was right. I just don't understand how EVERYBODY is freaking out because he killed an animal. If you eat meat, have ever hunted, then you are a hypocrite plain and simple.

Personally I'm more concerned that the issue of underground gambling. If people want to be upset, they should be upset about that. I don't really understand why gambling is illegal in the first place, but that is a whole another story. Gambling is just a tax on stupid people. Everything in life is a gamble. Whether to buy a house, invest in the stock market, put money in a risky business venture, etc.

ferrarispider95
11-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Dammit we should had joey send a message from chiefsplanet to vick

BWillie
11-22-2008, 10:18 AM

I completely disagree that if someone can kill an animal, they could do the same thing to a human. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. So that means, that ever person in the world that has ever hunted, should be placed on a watch list like the sex offender list to make sure they don't murder a human being.

Look, animals can be owned. Humans cannot. Slavery is abolished is it not?

Tell me. What is the difference between a farmer killing his livestock and someone killing a dog in dog fighting? They are both getting paid for it. Is it because dogs are cute and pigs, cows, and other livestock are stupid and ugly? Man, I'm glad we don't use this logic on humans or we'd just kill mentally handicapped children when they came out of the womb..

Pablo
11-22-2008, 10:19 AM
this is old news. i dont care that he fought dogs. i do care that he showed zero respect to his culls. hanging a dog that doesnt preform should have gotten his ass blackballed or handed to him. the oldtimers must be rolling in there graves.Is this dog-fighting jargon?

The Bad Guy
11-22-2008, 10:21 AM
I completely disagree that if someone can kill an animal, they could do the same thing to a human. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. So that means, that ever person in the world that has ever hunted, should be placed on a watch list like the sex offender list to make sure they don't murder a human beings.

Look, animals can be owned. Humans cannot.

Tell me. What is the difference between a farmer killing his livestock and someone killing a dog in dog fighting? They are both getting paid for it. Is it because dogs are cute and pigs, cows, and other livestock are stupid and ugly? Man, I'm glad we don't use this logic on humans or we'd just kill mentally handicapped children when they came out of the womb..

If you can MALICIOUSLY kill an animal like Vick did, you could do the same to a human. I'm not even going round and round about this. If you think that it's a perfectly normal thing to slam a dog's head off the ground until his neck breaks, you need a straight jacket as well.

Delano
11-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Hmmmmm, well I have no point to kill a dog. I don't even own a dog. I typically kill animals to eat them. Like when I shoot a bow and arrow through a deer, and I hit it in the gut. It runs around for a long time in agony then it dies. Then I eat it.

Look, I'm not saying what Mike Vick did was right. I just don't understand how EVERYBODY is freaking out because he killed an animal. If you eat meat, have ever hunted, then you are a hypocrite plain and simple.

Personally I'm more concerned that the issue of underground gambling. If people want to be upset, they should be upset about that. I don't really understand why gambling is illegal in the first place, but that is a whole another story.

How about you gain the perspective of having a pet dog before speaking any more on the subject.

There are laws that prohibit dog fighting; there are laws that govern deer hunting. Comparing the two is ridiculous, but if you must do you hunt deer without a tag? If you graze a deer's spine and paralyze it, do you torture it before it dies?

Delano
11-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Is this dog-fighting jargon?

What? Using there instead of their?

The Bad Guy
11-22-2008, 10:23 AM

Personally I'm more concerned that the issue of underground gambling. If people want to be upset, they should be upset about that. I don't really understand why gambling is illegal in the first place, but that is a whole another story. Gambling is just a tax on stupid people. Everything in life is a gamble. Whether to buy a house, invest in the stock market, put money in a risky business venture, etc.

I've never hunted, but Vick wasn't killing these animals to feed himself. He was torturing them.

Last time I checked as well, you couldn't hunt dogs.

bishop_74
11-22-2008, 10:24 AM

Yeah... humanely killing an animal for consumption or putting it out of it's misery is the same as watching other living beings tortured for your amusement. Good comparison there.

BWillie
11-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I think you all should join Peta. Look, if I killed a dog I would feel bad about it. I'm not condoning what Vick did. I'm saying that two years for killing dogs is a joke. People get the same amount of time for rape and other crimes MUCH MUCH worse than this.

So what you are telling me, is if a farmer electrocutes a pig with malicious intent...lets just say he enjoys doing this sort of thing....it would be the same thing? An animal is an animal. Doesn't matter what it is. If you think what Mike Vick did was so horrible and you are one of those people saying he is such a horrible sick person that is fine, but I would expect you to be a vegetarian or an animal rights activist who is a strong proponent to end all animal suffering of all kind.

tomahawk kid
11-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Wow.

There are some sick, heartless f#cks on this board.

All I'll say is this - karma's a real mother f#cker boys.

Best of luck.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I think you all should join Peta. Look, if I killed a dog I would feel bad about it. I'm not condoning what Vick did. I'm saying that two years for killing dogs is a joke. People get the same amount of time for rape and other crimes MUCH MUCH worse than this.

So what you are telling me, is if a farmer electrocutes a pig with malicious intent...lets just say he enjoys doing this sort of thing....it would be the same thing? An animal is an animal. Doesn't matter what it is. If you think what Mike Vick did was so horrible and you are one of those people saying he is such a horrible sick person that is fine, but I would expect you to be a vegetarian or an animal rights activist who is a strong proponent to end all animal suffering of all kind.

I really thought you were a dumb fucker on this board before, but you just took it to an entirely new level.

How about you own a dog before you comment on this thread.

BWillie
11-22-2008, 11:08 AM
I really thought you were a dumb ****er on this board before, but you just took it to an entirely new level.

Did you even read my post you f*cking moron? I have owned a dog before, when I was younger and it was a great pet. I have a huge fat cat right now, and I would be devastated if it were to pass away. I never said I would kill a dog. The point that you people fail to realize is

A) It makes no difference what type of animal is killed, or at least it shouldn't.

B) If you believe Vick should be punished as severely as he did, and are appalled that he killed an a dog, that is your prerogative. I understand that point of view completely. My point is if that is what you believe, then you need to be a vegetarian, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

Take away your emotions away from your pets, and think for a moment. Then it may become clear at what point I'm trying to make.

Delano
11-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Did you even read my post you f*cking moron? I have owned a dog before, when I was younger and it was a great pet. I have a huge fat cat right now, and I would be devastated if it were to pass away. I never said I would kill a dog. The point that you people fail to realize is

A) It makes no difference what type of animal is killed, or at least it shouldn't.

B) If you believe Vick should be punished as severely as he did, and are appalled that he killed an a dog, that is your prerogative. I understand that point of view completely. My point is if that is what you believe, then you need to be a vegetarian, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

Take away your emotions away from your pets, and think for a moment. Then it may become clear at what point I'm trying to make.

I'm a hypocrite for wanting Vick punished for torturing his cull dogs but eating my parents' beef products? I am a hypocrite because I am a sportsman and follow high sportsman ethic, but eat the product and at the same time want brutal animal killers sent to prison?

I have to be honest here, I shared your opinion when I was 20 or so. Recently, I've been personally responsible for a dog and watched him suffer from a genetic defect and die. I realize now that dogs (and other types of pets) can not be compared to animals that provide food. Those that argue otherwise are plainly acting difficult for their own ends.

Buehler445
11-22-2008, 11:19 AM
I think the legislative intent of the dogfighting laws was the torture aspect and I'd imagine most guys here are on board with that. When you smoke a deer you don't put it through any undue stress or pain. There is stress and pain because you are killing it, but the malicious intent is not there.

The relativity to other crimes is an entirely different issue. Rapists should be locked up for quite some time.

vailpass
11-22-2008, 11:19 AM
If you don't have the stomach for dog fighting then stay away from it. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it is wrong.

It's great how there are people who will cry their eyes out about a blood sport but have no problem with abortion.

jspchief
11-22-2008, 11:20 AM

So what you are telling me, is if a farmer electrocutes a pig with malicious intent...lets just say he enjoys doing this sort of thing....it would be the same thing? An animal is an animal. Doesn't matter what it is. If you think what Mike Vick did was so horrible and you are one of those people saying he is such a horrible sick person that is fine, but I would expect you to be a vegetarian or an animal rights activist who is a strong proponent to end all animal suffering of all kind.If that farmer is abusive to his animals he's guilty of a crime and will be charged.

Dogfighting is not comparable to hunting or killing animals for human consumption. Dogfighting does not put an emphasis on quick clean kills like hunting or meat processing.

And most Americans have an emotional attachment to domesticated breeds like dogs, cats, and even horses. Maybe it doesn't fit into a logical argument of "an animal is an animal", but it's the way it is.

As far as I'm concerned, individual opinions don't matter anyway. The nation has decided that cruelty to animals is against the law. You can obey the law, go to a country that doesn't have the laws, or break the law and pay the penalty.

Personally, I find dogfighting disgusting, and am glad I live in a nation that agrees.

banyon
11-22-2008, 11:33 AM

The part you seem to be missing in this thread is that the moral blame here and the illegality derives from animal cruelty, not animal killing. One is very different from the other, and as the Bad Guy has pointed out repeatedly, society has a VERY important need to identify persons perpetrating this crime becuse it has been a reliable indicator of future sociopathic and homicidal behavior.

Buehler445
11-22-2008, 11:34 AM
The part you seem to be missing in this thread is that the moral blame here and the illegality derives from animal cruelty, not animal killing. One is very different from the other, and as the Bad Guy has pointed out repeatedly, society has a VERY important need to identify persons perpetrating this crime becuse it has been a reliable indicator of future sociopathic and homicidal behavior.

I'm pretty sure this is what I was trying to say....

The Bad Guy
11-22-2008, 11:36 AM

I work with emotionally disturbed kids. When a student starts talking about hurting their pets, that's a huge red flag for a major intervention.

Pablo
11-22-2008, 11:37 AM
If you don't have the stomach for dog fighting then stay away from it. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it is wrong.

It's great how there are people who will cry their eyes out about a blood sport but have no problem with abortion.So people that oppose dog fighting support abortion by default?

God you're a mega-douche.

Just because you don't agree with abortion doesn't mean it's wrong I suppose.

banyon
11-22-2008, 11:41 AM

It's great how there are people who will cry their eyes out about a blood sport but have no problem with abortion.

This wasn't exactly run-of-the-mill dogfighting was it?

Pablo
11-22-2008, 11:47 AM
This wasn't exactly run-of-the-mill dogfighting was it?Wait for it, he's gonna work in the libruls love animals more than unborn babies angle here in a second.

btlook1
11-22-2008, 11:51 AM
I personally hope they lock him up and throw the key away forever!

KCUnited
11-22-2008, 11:55 AM
FWIW, it is my understanding he got the time for interstate gambling. He faces charges for animal cruelty on a state level next week but isn't expected to get any time for that. I could be wrong, but to say he got 2 years for killing dogs isn't accurate.

vailpass
11-22-2008, 11:57 AM
So people that oppose dog fighting support abortion by default?
I said nothing of the sort, comprehension is critical when reading.

God you're a mega-douche.
Who talks like that, are you a teen-ager?

Just because you don't agree with abortion doesn't mean it's wrong I suppose.
You aren't real bright are you?

Are you a product of inner-city public schooling?

banyon
11-22-2008, 11:59 AM
FWIW, it is my understanding he got the time for interstate gambling. He faces charges for animal cruelty on a state level next week but isn't expected to get any time for that. I could be wrong, but to say he got 2 years for killing dogs isn't accurate.

It was undoubtedly a key component of the plea bargains involed in this process (there were no trials here). I'm sure that the suspended sentence expected in the matter is pursuant to joint recommendations that derive from the plea in the first case.

vailpass
11-22-2008, 12:00 PM
This wasn't exactly run-of-the-mill dogfighting was it?

Please don't think I was defending/supporting the animal cruelty Vick and his posse committed. That is not part of the sport nor is it part of a normal person.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2008, 12:01 PM
anyone who thinks its fun to "torture" anything is twisted imo

CoMoChief
11-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Ive always found dogfighting to be hilarious acutally.

jk

Bob Dole
11-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Tell me. What is the difference between a farmer killing his livestock and someone killing a dog in dog fighting?

Um... You don't eat the dog?

Are you really that stupid?

Valiant
11-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I completely disagree that if someone can kill an animal, they could do the same thing to a human. That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. So that means, that ever person in the world that has ever hunted, should be placed on a watch list like the sex offender list to make sure they don't murder a human being.

Actually torturing and murdering animals generally is a marker for serial killers..

And trying to compare someone killing and torturing a dog for losing and killing a cow/pig for food is two different spectrum's..

You are a complete moron on this subject..

BWillie
11-22-2008, 12:32 PM

In Asia they consider dog a delicacy actually. Some places in Africa think we are crazy for eating fish. I could care less what kind of animals people want to eat, as long as they don't let it go to waste. IMO, it is wrong to kill an animal with no intention of eating it, just as Mr. Vick had done. I just don't think it warrants the attention he has received from the public.

BigRichard
11-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Ive always found dogfighting to be hilarious acutally.

jk
And that is why you are a douche-bag!

J Diddy
11-22-2008, 12:50 PM

um jk means just kidding

Mecca
11-22-2008, 01:30 PM

Well they eat dogs in some countries...

Groves
11-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Yea, like you'd love to tear into this with some salt and pepper
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/joserouse/Animals/Fish/041_fish.jpg

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2008, 02:37 PM
I really thought you were a dumb fucker on this board before, but you just took it to an entirely new level.

QFT.

He's a dumbfuck of epic proportions.

BWillie, if you can't differentiate between a domesticated pet and wildlife, you're dumber than I ever imagined.

btlook1
11-22-2008, 02:39 PM

I think he is that stupid! Well said Bob Dole!

RJ
11-22-2008, 02:45 PM

I don't believe he's in jail for killing dogs. He was sentenced for criminal conspiracy.

Pitt Gorilla
11-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Look, animals can be owned. Humans cannot. Slavery is abolished is it not?You wish to cite law now? Dog fighting is illegal. Seems pretty clear, no?

BigRichard
11-22-2008, 03:05 PM
um jk means just kidding

Just goes to show you how un-observant I am. I did not see that. My apologies.

CoMoChief
11-22-2008, 03:05 PM

Fucking dumbass cock sucking n00b.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-22-2008, 03:07 PM
The next time someone has a seeing-eye pig, a guard sheep, or a bomb-sniffing cow let me know.

One of the reasons people have an emotional attachment to dogs is because they were fundamental in the development of our society. When we were nomadic hunter/killers, dogs helped people gain an advantage that they otherwise wouldn't have had. Man and dog have coexisted in a symbiotic relationship for over 10,000 years. Dogs show the kind of loyalty that you would never find in a human relationship. Dogs have willingly sacrificed their own lives to protect their owners.

So yeah, when someone finds killing them funny, people are going to be fucking pissed about it.

Bugeater
11-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Just goes to show you how un-observant I am. I did not see that. My apologies.

No, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Always go with your gut instincts.

BigRichard
11-22-2008, 03:22 PM
****ing dumbass cock sucking n00b.

I guess he is a douche-bag!

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-22-2008, 03:25 PM
I find mike vicks career to be funny.

KCCHIEFS27
11-22-2008, 04:27 PM
The next time someone has a seeing-eye pig, a guard sheep, or a bomb-sniffing cow let me know.

One of the reasons people have an emotional attachment to dogs is because they were fundamental in the development of our society. When we were nomadic hunter/killers, dogs helped people gain an advantage that they otherwise wouldn't have had. Man and dog have coexisted in a symbiotic relationship for over 10,000 years. Dogs show the kind of loyalty that you would never find in a human relationship. Dogs have willingly sacrificed their own lives to protect their owners.

So yeah, when someone finds killing them funny, people are going to be ****ing pissed about it.

And oxen also had a fundamental value in developing this nation. They carried wagons full of people and meat across the nation to the West. Helped farmers plod crops. So, that argument is nixed. I would also like to bring up sled dogs. Most people would argue that they are made/trained for that type of event, but then you could also say that the dogs used for fighting were made/trained for that type of sport. Dogs will always be loved in this country, to a point more than humans, so there's no point in debating. I am an owner of three dogs.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2008, 04:33 PM
And oxen also had a fundamental value in developing this nation. They carried wagons full of people and meat across the nation to the West. Helped farmers plod crops. So, that argument is nixed. I would also like to bring up sled dogs. Most people would argue that they are made/trained for that type of event, but then you could also say that the dogs used for fighting were made/trained for that type of sport. Dogs will always be loved in this country, to a point more than humans, so there's no point in debating. I am an owner of three dogs.

Uh, your point is nixed.

JFC.

What a bunch fucking nonsense.

LiL stumppy
11-22-2008, 04:40 PM

Your obviously not getting the point. Shooting a deer is different that drowning a dog, or slamming it on the ground repeatedly until it died.

There is absolutely no need for that to be done to any living creature, what so ever.

Ebolapox
11-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Your obviously not getting the point. Shooting a dear is different that drowning a dog, or slamming it on the ground repeatedly until it died.

There is absolutely no need for that to be done to any living creature, what so ever.

unless it's OU's defensive line molesting mizzou, eh?

:sulk:

SPATCH
11-22-2008, 05:04 PM
remember when ray lewis killed somebody?

yeah... me neither

BWillie
11-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Your obviously not getting the point. Shooting a deer is different that drowning a dog, or slamming it on the ground repeatedly until it died.

Hmm..if I was shot in the gut. Left to bleed for 3 days, or slammed to the ground repeatedly for a few minutes by a giant before I died. I don't really think I would be able to distinguish the difference. I'd still be f*cking dead. In fact, I may actually prefer the being slammed to the ground until death than bleeding to death.

RJ
11-22-2008, 07:15 PM
It doesn't matter. He's not in jail for killing dogs.

KChiefs1
11-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Vick is one sick puppy.

Delano
11-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Hmm..if I was shot in the gut. Left to bleed for 3 days, or slammed to the ground repeatedly for a few minutes by a giant before I died. I don't really think I would be able to distinguish the difference. I'd still be f*cking dead. In fact, I may actually prefer the being slammed to the ground until death than bleeding to death.

If you can't kill something with one shot, you shouldn't be hunting.

Buehler445
11-22-2008, 10:16 PM

I dunno about that.

SPATCH
11-22-2008, 11:03 PM

one shot... one kill.

sorry. Deer Hunter was on HBO last night.

donkhater
11-22-2008, 11:13 PM
I agree with BWillie. Two years in prison for killing a dog is freakin' insane.

I was raised on a farm. Believe you me, I killed pigs when they were runts, old, or were born with birth defects. And I didn't do it with a gun either. Blunt blows to the head. I didn't enjoy doing it, but it had to be done.

Now I understand the difference between that and what Vick did. Apparently he seemed to get his jollys from it. But how do you prove his intent beyond a reasonable doubt.

Now if you want to send him to jail for dog fighting (which I believe is only illegal due to gambling laws, not animal cruelty)---fine (even though I don't agree with that either). But sending man to jail for two years for killing any animal when we have legal HUMAN killing in this country is just about as hypocritical and backwards as human thought can get.

Disclaimer,
If you happen to belive both practices are immoral and wrong, good for you. I don't necessarily agree, but at least you are consistent.

Dave Lane
11-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Are you a product of inner-city public schooling?

Actually based on a number of your posts I've read on here I'm going to conclude with you its more of a inner breeding issue...

Bwana
11-23-2008, 08:13 AM

:spock:

Wow

boogblaster
11-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Fought dogs before but not family pets or unwilling bulldogs ...

Fairplay
11-23-2008, 09:30 AM
If a strange dog is wagging his tail and toungue out panting then that is good.

If his tail is stiff and foaming at the mouth, prepare your weapon or run.

Sure-Oz
11-23-2008, 09:54 AM
I think some moron enjoys watching dogs fight and then kills the loser is funny is fucking sick. Period...

It is a big deal, i could never crack a dogs skull just for fun or any damn animal. Hunting for food and survival is different than buying a bunch of dogs, training them to be attackers and then killing them later since you got bored.

Fuck Micheal Vick and any dipshit that does that...

MOhillbilly
11-24-2008, 04:42 PM
you people may know how to spell but ya know shit about the doggame.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 05:06 PM

For your sake, I hope you're kidding.

Calcountry
11-24-2008, 05:11 PM

Tell me. What is the difference between a farmer killing his livestock and someone killing a dog in dog fighting? They are both getting paid for it. Is it because dogs are cute and pigs, cows, and other livestock are stupid and ugly? Man, I'm glad we don't use this logic on humans or we'd just kill mentally handicapped children when they came out of the womb..We just passed a law in california, by nearly a super majority, to mandate poultry farms be cage free.

It's coming dude.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Ultimately people are full of shit.

Vick could've killed a person and less would've been said about it.

And this is coming from a former dog owner.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 05:25 PM
For your sake, I hope you're kidding.

Call me the next time a group of dogs organize a genocide.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Call me the next time a group of dogs organize a genocide.

For even the most heinous human beings walking the planet their lives are much more valuable than those of dogs. That's not even an argument.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
For even the most heinous human beings walking the planet their lives are much more valuable than those of dogs. That's not even an argument.

Why? They're both animals.

Donger
11-24-2008, 05:52 PM

Do you limit your equation to mammals only?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Do you limit your equation to mammals only?

If you had to tell me to choose between Jeffrey Dahmer and a pack of scabies, I'm going with the mites.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 05:56 PM

Do you believe animals have the ability to reason?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Do you believe animals have the ability to reason?

That's irrelevant. Ability to "reason" is not determinant of life's worth.

If you tell me that I've got to kill Mike Vick or a stray dog, I'll kill Vick 108 times out of 10.

Donger
11-24-2008, 05:59 PM
If you had to tell me to choose between Jeffrey Dahmer and a pack of scabies, I'm going with the mites.

I was under the impression you opposed capital punishment. Is that incorrect?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 06:03 PM
I was under the impression you opposed capital punishment. Is that incorrect?

It's actually something I don't really give a shit about.

Donger
11-24-2008, 06:04 PM
It's actually something I don't really give a shit about.

Have you ever killed an animal by your hand? Your actions led directly to its death?

DJ's left nut
11-24-2008, 06:04 PM
It's probably already been mentioned several times.

Folks, Vick wasn't prosecuted for animal 'killing', he was prosecuted for animal cruelty.

I can legally take my dog out back and put a bullet into him. I cannot, however, take him out back, put small cuts on him and dunk him in bleach. There's a massive distinction there and I can only assume folks are being intentionally obtuse in overlooking it.

It's why the livestock argument doesn't wash, it's apples to oranges. If a slaughterhouse was caught torturing cattle before they were killed the people responsible would absolutely be prosecuted, regardless of the animal. There was a very public instance of this about 9 months ago.

There is no double standard, just a bunch of dumbass people that can't formulate a consistent position.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Have you ever killed an animal by your hand? Your actions led directly to its death?

Have you ever shoved a barbed-wire covered baseball bat up your ass?

BWillie
11-24-2008, 06:11 PM

If you tell me that I've got to kill Mike Vick or a stray dog, I'll kill Vick 108 times out of 10.

If I had a choice to kill Mike Vick or a stray dog I'd kill the stray dog 100 times out of a 100. The dog isn't owned by anybody and I guess I care for humans 200x more than I do animals.

Would you feel the same way if you took a minnow shot or would have to kill Mike Vick? Would you feel remorse when the minnow swims in the bottom of your stomach acid and dies an agonizing death? I could never kill a human, ever, unless they killed one of my family members or in self defense. Maybe I'm just strange.

Donger
11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Have you ever shoved a barbed-wire covered baseball bat up your ass?

No.

You seem to be equating all animal life. Therefore, I'm curious whether or not you've ever killed, say, a spider with your own hand.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM
No.

You seem to be equating all animal life. Therefore, I'm curious whether or not you've ever killed, say, a spider with your own hand.

I'm absolutely not. What I'm pointing out is that sociopaths shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt because they are "human".

Donger
11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm absolutely not. What I'm pointing out is that sociopaths shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt because they are "human".

Then why did you write this?

"Why? They're both animals."

In reference to humans and canines.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Then why did you write this?

"Why? They're both animals."

In reference to humans and canines.

Because MicJones hasn't been able to lay out a reason why his self described "heinous" human beings are more valuable than other animals for any reason other than the fact that they are "human". It's tautological.

The rebuttal is known as a rhetorical question.

Donger
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Because MicJones hasn't been able to lay out a reason why his self described "heinous" human beings are more valuable than other animals for any reason other than the fact that they are "human". It's tautological.

The rebuttal is known as a rhetorical question.

Well, I assume that you have indeed killed other animals with your own hand but not humans. Is that correct?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Well, I assume that you have indeed killed other animals with your own hand but not humans. Is that correct?

Before we go down this pointless, futile, and hopelessly transparent line of questioning, do you know the difference between someone who enjoys disfiguring maiming and killing social animals with a well known bond to humans and someone who has run over a dog with a car or stepped on an ant?

Or do you only play a retard on here?

Donger
11-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Before we go down this pointless, futile, and hopelessly transparent line of questioning, do you know the difference between someone who enjoys disfiguring maiming and killing social animals with a well known bond to humans and someone who has run over a dog with a car or stepped on an ant?

Or do you only play a retard on here?

Did you ever torture animals when you were younger? Ants with a magnifying glass or something similar? Pulled the wings off a fly?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Did you ever torture animals when you were younger? Ants with a magnifying glass or something similar? Pulled the wings off a fly?

No. Nor did I shove M80's up a toad's ass or tie two cats together and throw them over a clothesline.

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 06:42 PM

I ran over a raccoon once, im still scarred to this day

I felt bad for a week though in all seriousness

Donger
11-24-2008, 06:45 PM
No. Nor did I shove M80's up a toad's ass or tie two cats together and throw them over a clothesline.

Never stepped on an ant? Killed a fly?

Donger
11-24-2008, 06:45 PM
I ran over a raccoon once, im still scarred to this day

I felt bad for a week though in all seriousness

Did you do so intentionally?

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Did you do so intentionally?

No, it was an accident, he ran out and i swerved but still got him.

I have intentionally stepped on spiders like crazy

StcChief
11-24-2008, 06:46 PM
send in a fighting pitbull or two into Micheal Vick's cell with only him. as the Laughs in ensue by the folks around him.

Donger
11-24-2008, 06:48 PM
No, it was an accident, he ran out and i swerved but still got him.

I have intentionally stepped on spiders like crazy

I methodically killed one last week in my office with an M4 Airsoft rifle. I did indeed feel remorse later. They are a lot juicier than I realized.

BWillie
11-24-2008, 07:06 PM
send in a fighting pitbull or two into Micheal Vick's cell with only him. as the Laughs in ensue by the folks around him.

Good idea. That would be fun to watch Mikey fend off a few angry pits.

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 07:09 PM
I methodically killed one last week in my office with an M4 Airsoft rifle. I did indeed feel remorse later. They are a lot juicier than I realized.

I can't stand spiders, any other bug ill try to catch and have it go outside...

I've killed 2 animals, a raccoon and a snake once, i stepped on the snakes head and didnt even know it, lol

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 07:47 PM
What would be funny is to see Vick broke in half on the football field.... Then watch him 2 years later with his helmet and drool bucket doing a coin flip...

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 07:52 PM
What would be funny is to see Vick broke in half on the football field.... Then watch him 2 years later with his helmet and drool bucket doing a coin flip...

wait he's never gonna get to play again right? thats what some have said.
Really why are people still talking about this?

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 07:56 PM
wait he's never gonna get to play again right? thats what some have said.
Really why are people still talking about this?

:shrug:

because he will play again

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:01 PM
:shrug:

because he will play again

and he should get the chance to.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 08:03 PM
and he should get the chance to.

I hope not, but this is the NFL, they like their thugs...

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:04 PM
I hope not, but this is the NFL, they like their thugs...

the man did the crime, did the time, why cant he earn a living doing what he does?

jspchief
11-24-2008, 09:29 PM
the man did the crime, did the time, why cant he earn a living doing what he does?Because he works in an industry where public image matters. It's no different than a pageant girl getting nailed for nude photos.

He's free to earn a living. Its just that his bad life choices have limited his options.

OnTheWarpath15
11-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Because he works in an industry where public image matters. It's no different than a pageant girl getting nailed for nude photos.

He's free to earn a living. Its just that his bad life choices have limited his options.

This.

And good to see you, jsp. You don't post nearly enough.

Brock
11-24-2008, 09:55 PM
the man did the crime, did the time, why cant he earn a living doing what he does?

He can, in Canada.

DJJasonp
11-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Anyone who tortures animals (domesticated at that)...have no respect for life in any form - and truly dont deserve to be treated with simple human rights.

If this MF'er (Vick) didnt have a gift from god of unreal athletic ability....what are the vegas odds on this ultimate douchebag staying out of legal trouble of any kind?? Oh yeah, that's right....his brother, the not as talented brother in the Vick clan.....gave us a great example of what that outcome would be.

Bottom line - he's a dirtbag. If it wasnt dog fighting, it would have been something else.

And for any douche on this board who would "kill a dog before they'd kill Michael Vick.."... what a horrible mistake....a two-legged, blind dog has more to offer our society than Michael Vick does.

JOhn
11-25-2008, 06:12 AM

Bullsh*t!
Society limits his options.

Though I think what he did is despicable, and vile. He will have done his time, and should be free to do what he wish's.

DJ's left nut
11-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Bullsh*t!
Society limits his options.

Though I think what he did is despicable, and vile. He will have done his time, and should be free to do what he wish's.

He is absolutely free to do what he wishes. And society is free to shun him for what he's done.

It's the market that will punish him. Owners know their fans will revolt if he is signed. Vick is legally allowed to continue to pursue his career, but the decisions he's made will make him un-hireable. Jeffrey Skilling could serve his time but I wouldn't be hiring him to manage my company's books anytime soon.

Then again, that was already said. I'm thinking some are just to thick to absorb it.

Duck Dog
11-25-2008, 09:49 AM

Are you fucking stupid, sick or both?

Micjones
11-25-2008, 10:42 AM

It's irrelevant?

Having the ability to reason bestows human beings with the opportunity to assume responsibility for their lives and have a positive effect on the world.

Surely that's relevant?

You'd feel more comfortable putting a human being to death than a stray dog?
And Michael Vick is sick?

ChiefsOne
11-25-2008, 11:25 AM

Hey retard did you miss the part about him putting family pets in the ring! Cows are made for eating, dogs not so much, so your logic is a little flawed.

ChiefsOne
11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
I think you all should join Peta.

Not even in the same category. Don't even act like hunting and doing this BS is anywhere close. I hunt and would imagine that everyone else can see the difference. Have you ever wounded a deer by hitting it in the back or leg? Do you enjoy seeing it hobble around, do you laugh at it trying to get away or do you try to put it out of it misery ASAP? You trying to compare the two are asinine.

Fairplay
11-25-2008, 11:46 AM
It's irrelevant?
Having the ability to reason bestows human beings with the opportunity to assume responsibility for their lives and have a positive effect on the world.

Surely that's relevant?

You'd feel more comfortable putting a human being to death than a stray dog?
And Michael Vick is sick?

Is the law relevant? Agreed then.

He broke the law pure and simple.

Case closed.

CoMoChief
11-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Not even in the same category. Don't even act like hunting and doing this BS is anywhere close. I hunt and would imagine that everyone else can see the difference. Have you ever wounded a deer by hitting it in the back or leg? Do you enjoy seeing it hobble around, do you laugh at it trying to get away or do you try to put it out of it misery ASAP? You trying to compare the two are asinine.

Very true...I do the same thing to stray cats, if I don't shoot them in the head, if I get a limb or something, I just walk up and snap their necks.

Micjones
11-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Is the law relevant? Agreed then.

He broke the law pure and simple.

Case closed.

And I make no bones about that fact, but this discussion has been about morality not legalities.