PDA

View Full Version : Football who will play in the big 12 championship?

smittysbar
11-22-2008, 06:32 PM
If OU wins tonght?

We are talking about it at the bar, and there seems to be some confussion.

kstater
11-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Would depend on the BCS standings after next week assuming all 3 win next week.

I would see OU moving into the lead in the BCS after taking down TTU and OSU in consecutive weeks. But pollsters could leave UT ahead based on the head-to-head win.

Bugeater
11-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I don't think tonight's game is going to decide anything for sure.

SAUTO
11-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't think tonight's game is going to decide anything for sure.

if TT wins its TT VS MU right? yeah.

Skip Towne
11-22-2008, 06:36 PM
The Tulsa paper sid if OU wins then beat OSU next week they go to KC. They didn't say what Texas needs to have happen.

kstater
11-22-2008, 06:36 PM

They would still have to win next week. Or if one of OU/UT loses next week, then TTU would have the head-to-head tiebreak in a 2 team race.

SAUTO
11-22-2008, 06:37 PM
They would still have to win next week. Or if one of OU/UT loses next week, then TTU would have the head-to-head tiebreak in a 2 team race.

REALLY? then why are they saying TT WILL clinch the big 12 s with a win VS ou?

Alphaman
Would depend on the BCS standings after next week assuming all 3 win next week.

I would see OU moving into the lead after taking down TTU and OSU in consecutive weeks. But pollsters could leave UT ahead based on the head-to-head win.

Because OU, TTU and UT would all have 1 loss and a 1-1 record amongst the 3 of them, I think pollsters would throw head to head out of the window. At that point other things become more pressing:

Who's playing the best, beating the best competition lately and had the toughest schedule. All of those favor OU.

I think the winner of the game tonight plays the winner of Florida/Alabama in the national championship game (meaning the winner beats MU in the Big XII championship).

milkman
The North champ and the South champ.

Does that help?

Alphaman
11-22-2008, 06:39 PM

That is correct. If TT wins tonight, the worse they could do is end up 7-1 (the play Baylor next week). Since they would have the head to head over Texas, they would already be in. It is just like Mizzou already being in because they have the head to head over Nebraska.

SAUTO
11-22-2008, 06:40 PM
That is correct. If TT wins tonight, the worse they could do is end up 7-1 (the play Baylor next week). Since they would have the head to head over Texas, they would already be in. It is just like Mizzou already being in because they have the head to head over Nebraska.

THIS, thank you

58-4ever
11-22-2008, 06:41 PM
The BCS is pretty unpredictable. However, with homer glasses on, I think it will be MU vs. OU.

kstater
11-22-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm wrong, TTU win tonight sends them to Championship. Was forgetting Tiebreak rule 1.

Skip Towne
11-22-2008, 06:43 PM
The North champ and the South champ.

Does that help?

Who would the East champ play?

SAUTO
11-22-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm wrong, TTU win tonight sends them to Championship. Was forgetting Tiebreak rule 1.

well at least you can admit it when you are.

milkman
11-22-2008, 06:45 PM

The intramural champs.

Deberg_1990
11-22-2008, 06:46 PM

The West Champ. Duh

SAUTO
11-22-2008, 06:46 PM

USC?/mecca

Skip Towne
11-22-2008, 06:49 PM
USC?/mecca

If things fall right Mecca's boys could get locked out of the BCS.

SAUTO
11-22-2008, 06:49 PM
If things fall right Mecca's boys could get locked out of the BCS.

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOROFL

Skip Towne
11-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Dammit, Erin Andrews is at the Pitt - Cincy game. I wanted her at the OU - TT game.

milkman
11-22-2008, 06:56 PM
USC?/mecca

I think there's some merit to mecca's point that you do bring USC into a lot of threads that he doesn't.

Just sayin'

SAUTO
11-22-2008, 06:59 PM
I think there's some merit to mecca's point that you do bring USC into a lot of threads that he doesn't.

Just sayin'

well shit having to look at his jackass sig MAKES you think about stupid ass usc. AND alot of times he comes out against something because of usc, like krumrie.

milkman
11-22-2008, 07:05 PM
well shit having to look at his jackass sig MAKES you think about stupid ass usc. AND alot of times he comes out against something because of usc, like krumrie.

I think you let him under your skin.

But I do agree with his take on Krumrie.

That slap test is a joke.

SAUTO
11-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I think you let him under your skin.

But I do agree with his take on Krumrie.

That slap test is a joke.

probably i dont like krumrie either but he shouldat least be honest about why.
and if the slap test was a joke then why does the NFL have him do it at the combine with most every team's scouts watching?

it how condescending way he comes off, and wont admit hes wrong sometimes. then he will LIE about what was said

milkman
11-22-2008, 07:10 PM
probably i dont like krumrie either but he shouldat least be honest about why.
and if the slap test was a joke then why does the NFL have him do it at the combine with most every team's scouts watching?

They don't have him do it.
He does it on his own.
The NFL just allows it.

There are a lot of those involved with the combine that are simply amused by it, but who feel it serves no real purpose beyond amusement.

Skip Towne
11-22-2008, 07:14 PM
They don't have him do it.
He does it on his own.
The NFL just allows it.

There are a lot of those involved with the combine that are simply amused by it, but who feel it serves no real purpose beyond amusement.

Did the Raiders ever join the combine? I know they didn't for years..

milkman
11-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Did the Raiders ever join the combine? I know they didn't for years..

Not that I can recall.

KChiefs1
11-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Dammit, Erin Andrews is at the Pitt - Cincy game. I wanted her at the OU - TT game.

I want her between my legs or doggy-style or reverse cowgirl or.......:)