PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Defensive Coordinator : Who do you want ?

royr17
11-22-2008, 10:25 PM
If Gunther Cunningham is fired and the Chiefs need to replace him which I feel that Herm, Gun, and the Special Teams Coach needs to be gone.

Who would you want to replace him ?

Ebolapox
11-22-2008, 10:26 PM
rich fucking scanlon.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Whoever the new freaking head coach wants.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2008, 10:28 PM
rich fucking scanlon.

lol fucking scanlon what a bust
most worthless linebacker to walk the planet

Ebolapox
11-22-2008, 10:29 PM
lol fucking scanlon what a bust
most worthless linebacker to walk the planet

he's certainly no rocky boiman.

Buehler445
11-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I wouldnt mind Rex Ryan if the Chargers DELETED his employment.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2008, 10:37 PM
I wouldnt mind Rex Ryan if the Chargers DELETED his employment.

That would be incredible considering he coordinates games for the Ravens.

Ebolapox
11-22-2008, 10:38 PM

ROFL

royr17
11-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Well I wouldnt be too surprised that if Herm Edwards is still the coach that he wouldnt bring in his old Defensive Coordinator from New York Donnie Henderson.

burt
11-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Gunther.

SPATCH
11-22-2008, 11:04 PM
gun

Hammock Parties
11-22-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm shocked there is anyone who still likes Gunther Cunningham.

Newsflash: Since he was re-hired in 2004, only three NFL teams have allowed more yards than the Chiefs.

Gunther is a fucking failure. Realize it, accept it, embrace it, and move on.

JuicesFlowing
11-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Answer: Anyone except for the DC in Detroit?

royr17
11-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Who are some good Defensive Coordinators out there ?

JuicesFlowing
11-22-2008, 11:16 PM
I'd settle for an "average" DC at this point.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2008, 11:18 PM
i "wanted" our DC to be Dick LeBeau but nobody really agreed with me so we got gunther :sulk:

JuicesFlowing
11-22-2008, 11:21 PM
i "wanted" our DC to be Dick LeBeau but nobody really agreed with me so we got gunther :sulk:

Compared to what Greg Robinson left on the table, Gun was an upgrade. Or not.

booger
11-22-2008, 11:21 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/CoachBios.asp?coach_id=10

Sean McDermott

or

http://www.buccaneers.com/team/staffdetail.aspx?coachid=86

Raheem Morris

Either one would be great with me.

HypnotizedMonkey
11-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Kermit D Frog

milkman
11-22-2008, 11:23 PM

No one agreeing with you has nothing to do with the fact that we got Cunther.

booger
11-22-2008, 11:29 PM
the only other option when cunther came back was Dave McGinness who DV wanted. But he took cunther's old job ass ass. hc/lb's for the titans.

Hermcock
11-22-2008, 11:31 PM
I have a large supply of hand lotion

Ebolapox
11-22-2008, 11:32 PM
royr

oooooouch.

burn.

RustShack
11-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Would you take the Lions HC if he got fired? He knows Herms Tampa Two...

The Bad Guy
11-22-2008, 11:59 PM

Completely fucking uncalled for. Can someone ban this piece of shit?

royr17
11-23-2008, 12:00 AM

Hey listen you stupid jackass, dont be posting anything about my wife on here. She is not no heffer, I dont know where you got the picture at, but I do not appreciate you go about doin this kind of shit. So im going to ask you please to not do some stupid shit like this again, cause this is uncalled for. All I was doin was makin a simple thread to find out who everybody thinks should be our new defensive coordinator, but you dont go and suggest somebodys wife be the defensive coordinator, that was just bullshit, and I really dont appreciate you doing something like this.

royr17
11-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Completely fucking uncalled for. Can someone ban this piece of shit?

Yea your telling me. You dont go and do some stupid shit like that, people now these days just dont have any respect.

If I was a mod I would've already banned his dumbass.

Buehler445
11-23-2008, 12:02 AM

Damn it! what is the guy that was with the Bears that went to the Chargers?

445=FAIL

Hermcock
11-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey listen you stupid jackass, dont be posting anything about my wife on here. She is not no heffer, I dont know where you got the picture at, but I do not appreciate you go about doin this kind of shit. So im going to ask you please to not do some stupid shit like this again, cause this is uncalled for. All I was doin was makin a simple thread to find out who everybody thinks should be our new defensive coordinator, but you dont go and suggest somebodys wife be the defensive coordinator, that was just bullshit, and I really dont appreciate you doing something like this.

I don't see what the problem is. Your wife gets the job and she's making six figures and you get to go to all the Chiefs games for free!!!

The Bad Guy
11-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Damn it! what is the guy that was with the Bears that went to the Chargers?

445=FAIL

Ron Rivera.

royr17
11-23-2008, 12:06 AM
I don't see what the problem is. Your wife gets the job and she's making six figures and you get to go to all the Chiefs games for free!!!

What the problme is, is that you dont make comments like that. Kidding or not kidding, you just dont do that. It was more of you being in asshole than anything and I dont appreciate the comment.

Buehler445
11-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Ron Rivera.

RR I was pretty close:D

Thanks.

Rausch
11-23-2008, 12:10 AM
What the problme is, is that you dont make comments like that. Kidding or not kidding, you just dont do that. It was more of you being in asshole than anything and I dont appreciate the comment.

If you stop to pick a fight with every moron who deserves it you'll end up with as many posts and as much wasted time as I have.

Skip it.

Be the man in this conversation...

The Bad Guy
11-23-2008, 12:13 AM
If you stop to pick a fight with every moron who deserves it you'll end up with as many posts and as much wasted time as I have.

Skip it.

Be the man in this conversation...

I see what you're saying, but I don't blame Roy for getting pissed.

This dickface obviously has some agenda by posting a picture of his wife and mocking her. I don't think I'd be able to let that go either.

milkman
11-23-2008, 12:15 AM

This dickface obviously has some agenda by posting a picture of his wife and mocking her. I don't think I'd be able to let that go either.

You're right, he does probably have an agenda, and by not lettung it go, you forward that agenda.

Rausch
11-23-2008, 12:16 AM

Newsflash: Since he was re-hired in 2004, only three NFL teams have allowed more yards than the Chiefs.

Gunther is a ****ing failure. Realize it, accept it, embrace it, and move on.

I love Gun.

I like his personality. I like his fire. Being German doesn't hurt either.

But fail is fail. It's time to make some changes meant to revivie the corpse before time runs out and the young talent we do have gives up.

I'll cheer for whatever team Gun goes to but it's time for Gun, Herm, and Carl to go...

Rausch
11-23-2008, 12:18 AM
You're right, he does probably have an agenda, and by not lettung it go, you forward that agenda.

Exactly.

The Bad Guy
11-23-2008, 12:19 AM

I 100% agree with you.

I just don't blame Roy for getting pissed and defending his wife.

Rausch
11-23-2008, 12:20 AM

I wouldn't.

I'd do something stupid. Pretty much a lock.

I think Roy is smarter than that...

blueballs
11-23-2008, 01:25 AM
I'd do royr17's wife in a heartbeat
but that isn't helping much here

Dylan
11-23-2008, 01:53 AM
The Eagles DC Jim Johnson --but he's unavailable.

#1 Choice: The Giants Defensive Line Coach: Mike Waufle

http://www.giants.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=14

Mike Waufle is a 30-year coaching veteran who is in his fifth season with the Giants.

Players from future Hall of Famer Michael Strahan to Pro Bowler Osi Umenyiora to veteran Fred Robbins to youngsters such as Justin Tuck, Barry Cofield and Jay Alford have played well under Waufle’s direction.

With Waufle’s defensive linemen leading the way, the Giants led the NFL with 53 sacks in 2007. It was the Giants’ highest sack total since they had a league-high 54 in 1998. Strahan, Tuck and Alford all had big sacks in the Super Bowl victory over New England.

Umenyiora had a team-high 13.0 sacks, which left him third in the NFC and fifth in the NFL. It was the fourth consecutive season he had sole possession of the team’s sack leadership. Tuck had 10 sacks and Strahan nine.

Umenyiora was twice named NFC Defensive Player of the Week. He was first honored after his smashing performance against Philadelphia on Sept. 30, when he set a team record with 6.0 sacks. He received his second POW award after the victory over San Francisco on Oct. 21. Umenyiora made one of the best plays of the season in the third quarter when he sacked 49ers quarterback Trent Dilfer, forced a fumble, scooped up the ball and ran 75 yards for his second career touchdown. Umenyiora finished the game with three tackles (two solo).

Strahan’s 9.0 sacks increased his 15-year career total to 141.5. He jumped over John Randle and Richard Dent and into fifth place on the NFL’s all-time list.

Under Waufle’s tutelage, Tuck was one of the NFL’s most improved players and versatile linemen in 2007. He played end and tackle and was a force against the run and rushing the passer at both positions. Robbins had another solid season, with 43 tackles and 5.5 sacks, while Cofeld, a second-year pro in 2007, and Alford, a rookie, were solid contributors.

In 2006, rookies Mathias Kiwanuka, who has since moved from end to linebacker, and Cofield thrived under Waufle. Kiwanuka, the team’s first-round draft choice, played in every game and had four sacks and two interceptions. Cofield arrived as an unheralded fourth-round choice, started every game at nose tackle and was selected as the nose tackle on the Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers of America first All-Rookie team. He was first Giants rookie defensive player to start every game since Lawrence Taylor and defensive lineman Bill Neill in 1981 and was one of 13 rookies to start each of his team’s games in 2006.

Prior to joining the Giants, Waufle was the defensive line coach of the Oakland Raiders for six seasons. In those six years (1998-2003), the Raiders made the playoffs three times, winning at least one postseason game in each of those seasons and advancing to Super Bowl XXXVII following the 2002 season..

Before his stint with the Raiders, Waufle coached the defensive linemen at the University of California, where he was also the recruiting coordinator. At Cal, he helped develop several NFL defensive linemen, including two first-round picks in the 1996 draft, Duane Clemons and Regan Upshaw.

Waufle is a native of Hornell, N.Y., and was inducted into the town’s Sports Hall of Fame in 1994. He began his coaching career as the defensive line coach at Alfred University in 1979. From 1980-84, he was an assistant at Utah State, his alma mater, working one season as the assistant secondary coach, two with the offensive line and two as the defensive line coach. From 1985-88, Waufle was the defensive line coach and worked with the special teams at Fresno State. He was the defensive line coach at UCLA (1989) and Oregon State (1990-91) before moving to Cal.

Dylan
11-23-2008, 01:58 AM
Pete Jenkins from the Philadelphia Eagles:

Pete Jenkins
Defensive Line Coach

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/CoachBios.asp?coach_id=6

With 34 years of experience tutoring quality defensive lines on the collegiate level, Pete Jenkins was added to the Eagles coaching staff in 2006. For the 66-year-old Jenkins, this is his first NFL coaching stint. Jenkins had retired to Santa Rosa Beach, FL, in 2002 after a second tour of duty as the defensive line coach at LSU.

The Eagles defensive line has ranked 4th in the NFL in sacks during each of the last two seasons (31 in 2006 and 30 in 2007). Under Jenkins' tutelage, DE Trent Cole has flourished, earning his first career Pro Bowl berth after a 12.5-sack, 103-tackle season. Additionally, Cole and DT Mike Patterson (114) each eclipsed the 100-tackle mark, becoming the first Eagles defensive line pair to do so since 1991 (Jerome Brown, Clyde Simmons, Reggie White, and Mike Pitts). The defensive line also contributed heavily to the NFL's 7th-ranked rushing defense (95.8 yards per game and 3.8 yards per carry).

Throughout his career, Jenkins has coached 17 All-SEC performers and over 30 linemen who have gone on to play in the NFL, including Leonard Marshall, Henry Thomas, Kendrick Allen, Marcus Spears and Jarvis Green at LSU, David Galloway at Florida, Kevin Henry at Mississippi State, and Leonardo Carson at Auburn. In fact, 12 of his defensive lineman were active on NFL rosters in 1992.

Eagles offensive line coach Juan Castillo, who often visited Jenkins during his tenure at LSU, learned many of his coaching techniques from him.

"I thought I was a pretty good line coach 'til I met him," said Castillo. "What a coach. That's where it all started for me as far as being a teacher. Coach Jenkins is an excellent teacher and fundamentals are so important for him."

Jenkins' second stint with LSU was highlighted with an SEC Championship in 2001, as the team went 10-3 and earned a Sugar Bowl victory over Illinois. In all, Jenkins has been a part of five SEC Championship squads (four with LSU in 1984, 1986, 1988 and 2001 and one with Auburn in 1997) and 21 postseason bowl games during his career.

Jenkins originally broke into the college ranks as the defensive coordinator for Troy State in 1968 when Troy won the NAIA national championship. He then moved to South Carolina for four seasons and Southern Mississippi for three years before embarking on one-year stops at Oklahoma State and Florida. Jenkins arrived at LSU in 1980 and spent 11 years there serving as a defensive line coach, defensive coordinator and assistant head coach. He then worked four years at Mississippi State and five at Auburn before rejoining LSU under head coach Nick Saban.

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2008, 02:13 AM
I want Bill Belichick.

Gunther hasn't done fucking shit in more than a decade.

How any of you could "like" him, regardless of his heritage is pointless and arbitrary.

He's SUCKED since 2004, despite his so-called "presence".

Here's a tip: I could coordinate the #32 defense.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2008, 02:19 AM
I want Bill Belichick.

And I want a threesome with Carrie Underwood and Keirra Knightly but it aint going to happen. :D

J Diddy
11-23-2008, 02:33 AM
And I want a threesome with Carrie Underwood and Keirra Knightly but it aint going to happen. :D

me thinks dane's been boozing

royr17
11-23-2008, 03:33 AM

Your not funny man. Now that right there just fucking pissed me off. Yall need to start watch what your saying, cause I dont know if any yall are like me, but I dont think you would appreciate it too much if someone sat there and said stuff about your wife like that, this is completely ridicoulus and fuggin bullshit.

J Diddy
11-23-2008, 03:38 AM
Your not funny man. Now that right there just ****ing pissed me off. Yall need to start watch what your saying, cause I dont know if any yall are like me, but I dont think you would appreciate it too much if someone sat there and said stuff about your wife like that, this is completely ridicoulus and fuggin bullshit.

You know a retard may not know how to act in public, but they're still a retard.

that is blueballs

and loosen up, don't let some dipshit on the internet get to you

he'd probably have to ask his mom if he could have a sleepover first

chiefs1111
11-23-2008, 03:56 AM
as long as Herm is head coach it doesn't matter who is the defensive coordinator

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2008, 09:41 AM
David Gibbs.

I know that sounds crazy. But like I've said before, it achieves all the objectives I set forth:
-Gives a new look to the defense from a new mind (supposedly, there were many in Denver who wanted him to be DC)
-If you hire a coordinator from the outside, then the front office will probably make an excuse to keep Herm outside of 2009 only because they didn't think it was fair to the new coordinator. Plus, no coordinator would want to work in KC where they may have little job security. If you hire Gibbs, Herm stays on board but is critically evaluated in 2009... no guaranteed job security

I'm sure people will criticize this idea. But if we all truly believe that Herm's in KC in 2009 no matter what, hiring Gibbs is the surest way that Herm will be fired in 2009 if he doesn't perform. Seems like he's the one calling the plays in anyway and he's done a pretty good job with the secondary so far.

Chiefaholic
11-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Part of me wants another DC, yet part of me wonders if Gun being forced to play Herm's defensive scheme isn't the problem. Chan finally got to change things up to fit the strengths of the offensive players. I'de like to see what Gun could do w/o being forced to play this cover two crap.

milkman
11-23-2008, 09:58 AM
David Gibbs.

I know that sounds crazy. But like I've said before, it achieves all the objectives I set forth:
-Gives a new look to the defense from a new mind (supposedly, there were many in Denver who wanted him to be DC)
-If you hire a coordinator from the outside, then the front office will probably make an excuse to keep Herm outside of 2009 only because they didn't think it was fair to the new coordinator. Plus, no coordinator would want to work in KC where they may have little job security. If you hire Gibbs, Herm stays on board but is critically evaluated in 2009... no guaranteed job security

I'm sure people will criticize this idea. But if we all truly believe that Herm's in KC in 2009 no matter what, hiring Gibbs is the surest way that Herm will be fired in 2009 if he doesn't perform. Seems like he's the one calling the plays in anyway and he's done a pretty good job with the secondary so far.

Worst

Idea

Ever

milkman
11-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Part of me wants another DC, yet part of me wonders if Gun being forced to play Herm's defensive scheme isn't the problem. Chan finally got to change things up to fit the strengths of the offensive players. I'de like to see what Gun could do w/o being forced to play this cover two crap.

The Chiefs are playing a cover 2 about 25-30% of snaps, at most.
The rest are all Cunther's brilliant scheme.

FringeNC
11-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Amazing that there still are people out there who want Gun back. Amazing.

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Worst

Idea

Ever

What's ridiculous about the idea?

I know you don't want Herm back in 2009, but much as you may want to fight it, you know he'll be back. And do you deny that bringing in, say, Rod Marinelli makes it more likely that the front office will be resistant to firing Herm after the 2009 season?

If so, Gibbs is the guy. And what is the argument against him? He's done an amazing job with our corners. He has a lot of coordinating experience, including doing an awesome job with Auburn's defense in 2005. If I'm not mistaken, the front office really wanted Gibbs to be DC in Denver, but Shanahan wouldn't do it. He's young. He has experience. And he provides no job security for Herm whom, whether you like it or not, will be in KC in 2009. And especially given that Herm is a guy who could be canned any minute, you think any top-flight coordinators would leave their job to coach for the Chiefs for what might be only one season (see Heimidinger and Donnie Henderson in New York).

What makes the idea so bad? Tell me.

MIAdragon
11-23-2008, 10:21 AM

ROFL

milkman
11-23-2008, 10:26 AM
What's ridiculous about the idea?

I know you don't want Herm back in 2009, but much as you may want to fight it, you know he'll be back. And do you deny that bringing in, say, Rod Marinelli makes it more likely that the front office will be resistant to firing Herm after the 2009 season?

If so, Gibbs is the guy. And what is the argument against him? He's done an amazing job with our corners. He has a lot of coordinating experience, including doing an awesome job with Auburn's defense in 2005. If I'm not mistaken, the front office really wanted Gibbs to be DC in Denver, but Shanahan wouldn't do it. He's young. He has experience. And he provides no job security for Herm whom, whether you like it or not, will be in KC in 2009. And especially given that Herm is a guy who could be canned any minute, you think any top-flight coordinators would leave their job to coach for the Chiefs for what might be only one season (see Heimidinger and Donnie Henderson in New York).

What makes the idea so bad? Tell me.

It's based on the premise that hiring someone from the outside gives Herman fucking Edwards job security.

If you believe that Gibbs has any shot at being a good DC, you either give Herman fucking Edwards every bit as much job security, and probably more, as an outsider.

If you also feel he's a guy that has potential to be good and he is unable to do anything with this defense because of Herman fucking Edwards and gets fired, then you've burned that bridge.

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2008, 11:56 AM
me thinks dane's been boozing

You would have been right

:D

58-4ever
11-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Bob Stoops!! j/k... actually anyone besides Gun would be cool with me.

Skyy God
11-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Hopefully this 30 point debacle is the final nail in Picasso's coffin.

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
It's based on the premise that hiring someone from the outside gives Herman ****ing Edwards job security.

If you believe that Gibbs has any shot at being a good DC, you either give Herman ****ing Edwards every bit as much job security, and probably more, as an outsider.

If you also feel he's a guy that has potential to be good and he is unable to do anything with this defense because of Herman ****ing Edwards and gets fired, then you've burned that bridge.

Here's a better idea.

How about we fire Gunther Cunningham today and give playcalling duties to Gibbs. Give him this half-season to see what he's made of.

The move makes almost too much sense to think the Chiefs will actually do it.

blueballs
11-23-2008, 01:42 PM
there is a potted plant
in the lobby
just gathering dust

JuicesFlowing
11-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I'll take Charlie Brown.

HC_Chief
11-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Bill Young. DC at University of Miami, former KU DC.

His defenses always play sound, fundamental football. They are typically not flashy, but are VERY effective, as his unit focuses on making tackles, taking correct angles, and keeping to the players' assignment.

Baby Lee
11-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Bob Stoops!! j/k... actually anyone besides Gun would be cool with me.

You know, I watched last night's game, thinking 'that's what I want FB to look like.' Sure it's easy to bandwagon an asskicking, but I'm talking about the defensive discipline turning into defensive energy, to defensive 'wilding' to defensive dominance. And on the offensive side, setting things up in the trenches with big slashing runs behind big ol' butts.

royr17
11-29-2008, 05:17 AM
bump

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2008, 06:37 AM
That would be incredible considering he coordinates games for the Ravens.LMAO

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Your not funny man. Now that right there just ****ing pissed me off. Yall need to start watch what your saying, cause I dont know if any yall are like me, but I dont think you would appreciate it too much if someone sat there and said stuff about your wife like that, this is completely ridicoulus and fuggin bullshit.Does he GET to do your wife? Take it as a compliment...

royr17
11-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Does he GET to do your wife? Take it as a compliment...

You know what im starting to hate this place, this site, nobody has any fuggin respect for anybody. So all of yall that has something bad to say and all that then, fuck yall, this is bullshit, im out.

crazycoffey
11-29-2008, 08:20 AM

Gunther is a ****ing failure. Realize it, accept it, embrace it, and move on.

Several new young players, lots of injuries, (more Defensive playing time, maybe?) all, to me, = a little leeway

milkman
11-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Several new young players, lots of injuries, (more Defensive playing time, maybe?) all, to me, = a little leeway

Good grief.

How many fucking times will this idiot be given a fucking pass because he has an excuse?

milkman
11-29-2008, 08:25 AM
The idiot has more excuses than Imelda Marcos had shoes.

crazycoffey
11-29-2008, 08:31 AM
You know what im starting to hate this place, this site, nobody has any fuggin respect for anybody. So all of yall that has something bad to say and all that then, **** yall, this is bullshit, im out.

Oh, give it a rest, Francis - hell YOU BUMPED THIS THREAD!!!!
dumbass....

crazycoffey
11-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Good grief.

How many ****ing times will this idiot be given a ****ing pass because he has an excuse?

I'm not entitled my opinion? How many times will you be given the grumpy old man pass, because you have an excuse?

milkman
11-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm not entitled my opinion? How many times will you be given the grumpy old man pass, because you have an excuse?

Did I say you aren't entitled to your opinion?

You're entitled to your opinion, but when you're this wrong, I'm entitled to disagree vehemently.

crazycoffey
11-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Did I say you aren't entitled to your opinion?

You're entitled to your opinion, but when you're this wrong, I'm entitled to disagree vehemently.

NO YOU ARE NOT!!!!!1111!!!!

angelo
11-29-2008, 09:14 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/CoachBios.asp?coach_id=10

Sean McDermott

or

http://www.buccaneers.com/team/staffdetail.aspx?coachid=86

Raheem Morris

Either one would be great with me.

These are the two that I want.

Ang

talastan
11-29-2008, 10:17 AM

THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT...OH NEVERMIND. ROFL

chiefzilla1501
11-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Ideally, Rod Marinelli. He failed as a head coach, but he's a terrific teacher of defense and he is one hell of a defensive line coach--he will get the discipline in our young linemen they sorely need. There's one problem with this pick... it could extend the window on Herm Edwards. Eitehr because the Chiefs don't want to fire the DC after one season or because if Marinelli takes the defense from 32 to 20, hunt could use this as an excuse for enough improvement to save Herm's job. I just don't see the Chiefs hiring a new DC and then firing the head coach a year later.

David Gibbs could be the best option if that means that the Chiefs will be less hesitant to fire Herm in 2009 if he's nothing short of spectacular. It sends a strong message to Herm that "we hired a guy from within, so your leash is short."

I would rather have Marinelli. But if Gibbs' hiring means Herm is held more accountable in 2009, then I'm for hiring from within.

FringeNC
11-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Ideally, Rod Marinelli. He failed as a head coach, but he's a terrific teacher of defense and he is one hell of a defensive line coach--he will get the discipline in our young linemen they sorely need. There's one problem with this pick... it could extend the window on Herm Edwards. Eitehr because the Chiefs don't want to fire the DC after one season or because if Marinelli takes the defense from 32 to 20, hunt could use this as an excuse for enough improvement to save Herm's job. I just don't see the Chiefs hiring a new DC and then firing the head coach a year later.

David Gibbs could be the best option if that means that the Chiefs will be less hesitant to fire Herm in 2009 if he's nothing short of spectacular. It sends a strong message to Herm that "we hired a guy from within, so your leash is short."

I would rather have Marinelli. But if Gibbs' hiring means Herm is held more accountable in 2009, then I'm for hiring from within.

Has RM ever coordinated a defense?

chiefzilla1501
11-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Has RM ever coordinated a defense?

No. That is definitely a legitimate concern. But he has a hell of a lot more experience with the Tampa 2 than Gunther does. My only concern is that his version of the Tampa 2 could very well an obsolete version of it. Monte Kiffin has changed the scheme a lot, as a pure Tampa 2 no longer works.

I forgot to mention my other top choice. Actually, my premiere choice: Ron Rivera. I think San Diego has left the Chargers with no choice but to fire him. Rivera is not a guy to coordinate a 3-4 and I guarantee he won't accept a demotion back to being a LBs coach. Rivera's an outstanding coach and by the way an outstanding LBs coach too.

DaneMcCloud
11-29-2008, 01:33 PM
It's hard to believe but the defense has taken a huge step backwards this past eight years since firing Kurt Schottenheimer.

And we all thought he was the biggest dumbass of all time.

Guess we were wrong.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2008, 01:42 PM
You know what im starting to hate this place, this site, nobody has any fuggin respect for anybody. So all of yall that has something bad to say and all that then, fuck yall, this is bullshit, im out.

I'd probably be pissed too, but this is after all the internet. That said,

http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

RedThat
11-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Blueballs, hermcock, and bigchiefdave are losers...Losers like capital "L's"

I dont blame Roy for getting pissed. There were some real assholish comments made and thats just not cool...No worries Roy dont sweat it man, ignore those fuggers, theyre just trying to get under your skin. Saying stupid sh*t, and looking to get under your skin is a way of entertainment for them and that is sad and makes you realize what kinda ppl are on here..They are just sad sad individuals who need a life.

people who do that are the ones who are really stupid.

crossbow
11-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Whom ever they get, do you think they can recommend a special teams coach too?