PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thigpen is NOT a backup

bishop_74
11-23-2008, 12:48 PM
The only reason he doesn't have a better rating, and more points is because our receivers are dropping passes.

The only reason the Chiefs aren't winning more games is because of the defense... period.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Pickpen sucks lol

Silock
11-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Contrarianism sucks.

Thigpen is doing well in this offense.

CCU2000
11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
lol

blueballs
11-23-2008, 01:32 PM
and
the jinx is in

RNR
11-23-2008, 01:34 PM
and
the jinx is in

Lol I was thinking the same thing

Skip Towne
11-23-2008, 01:34 PM
lol

Claythan is a puke.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Pickpen forever!

Mecca
11-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Leodis McKelvin catches his passes pretty well.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
his 6th professional start ... his 7th pro game

SAUTO
11-23-2008, 01:42 PM
ok lets act like NO other Qb has ever thrown a pick, the first one mckelvin made a good play. Thigpen probably saw all you guys saying that he needed to throw to the covered guys

Hammock Parties
11-23-2008, 01:43 PM
his 6th professional start ... his 7th pro game

And still making the same mistakes.

KCUnited
11-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Heaven forbid defenses evolve. Thigpen is the same QB he was last week and the week before.

the Talking Can
11-23-2008, 01:44 PM
ok lets act like NO other Qb has ever thrown a pick, the first one mckelvin made a good play. Thigpen probably saw all you guys saying that he needed to throw to the covered guys

i'm worried about Thigpen's decision making...

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2008, 01:45 PM
And still making the same mistakes.You're retarded. Go fuck your mother.

SAUTO
11-23-2008, 01:45 PM

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL
yep his stat line looks just like a stafford line. you guys should be ecstatic.

ROYC75
11-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Tyler is an OK backup, but to be # 1 material, he has to not force passes and make bad decisions on his throws.

Skip Towne
You're retarded. Go fuck your mother.

She won't fuck him. No girl will.

SAUTO
Tyler is an OK backup, but to be # 1 material, he has to not force passes and make bad decisions on his throws.

how often has he done that? once today.

MIAdragon
11-23-2008, 01:48 PM
You're retarded. Go **** your mother.

Im almost done with her.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Yea. Really good QB's like Favre, Montana, Elway, Kelly, Young and Manning never threw INT's.

Smed1065
11-23-2008, 01:49 PM

Yes all roooookies play perfeeect.

Coach
11-23-2008, 01:50 PM

Unlike your fucking boytoy Damon Huard who has been in this fucking league for some 14 fucking years, and outside of one lighting in the fucking bottle, he has been fucking horrible during his time in Kansas City, yet you still fucking continue to suck his fucking cock every fucking chance you get.

I'm not even sure I could assort you as an adversary at this point because in order to be considered an opponent there would need to be a contest.

Of course, from you, everyone knows that the only folks in the world that are allowed to talk smack anywhere, on any subject at any time are Damon Huard fans.

Please continue to own us. Come on, lets hear some more of that genius smack like Damon is going to be the next Joe Montana, when it's clear that Damon have played many games to not make that determintation.

That never gets old.

Lord knows you two don't deserve to take any shit at all after all the silly ass posts in every possible fucking thread in this forum you could use to take a shot at Thigpen in any manner.

Hell, at least this is a regular season loss. Everyone here had to sit through 10+ weeks of you bragging about the fucking Damon Huards records, especially last year.

What a fucking joke man.

RNR
11-23-2008, 01:50 PM

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL The Doo Dah hooker avatar

Hammock Parties
11-23-2008, 01:51 PM
lol...look at the true fans rush to defend Thigpen...sad...did I touch a nerve?

TRR
Young QB's make mistakes...

If anyone here thinks we are going to draft Stafford or Bradford, and they aren't going to make mistakes like Thigpen has today, then you are in for another season of disappointment.

I'm excited to see how Thigpen responds in the second half. This will tell something about his character if he can rebound from those two mistakes... (although the first throw wasn't a bad throw, more like a better play.)

Deberg_1990

No worse than you sucking off Croyle week after week.

Coach
11-23-2008, 01:52 PM

Why don't you do all of us a favor?

Shut the fuck up and get the fuck out, Donny.

This place was well when you were gone for a week. Now it just went to hell in a handbasket when you came back.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2008, 01:53 PM
The team that stuggled to even gain first downs early in the season has well over 200 yards of offense and would have much more if not for that BS holding call on that LJ run. INT's are going to happen to young QB's. They are moving the ball.

Smed1065
11-23-2008, 01:53 PM

Look at the NFL scout bash as soon as it could. :D (4 weeks later)

Mr. Laz
11-23-2008, 01:54 PM
tell that to brett favre

RINGLEADER
11-23-2008, 01:57 PM

Go revisit Aikman, Favre, Manning, etc. in their first season.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Why don't you do all of us a favor?

Shut the fuck up and get the fuck out, Donny.

This place was well when you were gone for a week. Now it just went to hell in a handbasket when you came back.
if nothing else, he's getting worse

he lost weight, so now you can "arrogant" to the normal title of "ignorant piece of crap"

he thinks he's smart ... trying to spur discussion on the board by being a "contrarian" when in reality he just spurs arguments which isn't nearly the same thing.

chiefsfan1963
11-23-2008, 01:58 PM
The only reason he doesn't have a better rating, and more points is because our receivers are dropping passes.

The only reason the Chiefs aren't winning more games is because of the defense... period.

WHo had a better defense Herm or DV? I know who had the better team! :D

RNR
11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Yes all roooookies play perfeeect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13
I'm not sure if Thigpen is the answer, but the sad part is we'll probably see more of this during the week, and it's too early for that. Dude's basically a rookie in terms of experience, it's amazing he hasn't done this sooner. It's how he responds to bad games will be the better test of what he's made of.

"What is with the logic? You have some nerve using common sense on a message board! Sports fans have a microwave mentality many have won several Superbowls playing Madden and so they have wicked GM skills! You come on here with level headed thinking"

This was my reply to tk13 on another thread. The place is no different than any other message board. Logic and common sense is pretty rare! People are a rather amusing animal.

RNR
11-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Go revisit Aikman, Favre, Manning, etc. in their first season.
I still chuckle when I recall Elway lining up the guard his rookie year. The guy shot up spun around cussing and pointing at the center ROFL To this day I wish I knew what he was saying!

Hammock Parties
11-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Thigpen has completely regressed. He's been shitty today. I loathe watching him.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-23-2008, 02:05 PM

he is a rookie.

ROYC75
11-23-2008, 02:06 PM
tell that to brett favre

You guys missed what I said, he has to stop doing these things. It's the only serious problem he has, he showed it in the Atlanta game. His arm strength isn't what you would like it to be to make the throws on the outside all the time. I noticed he isn't setting himself up with his footwork, BTA, it's a spread offense with a spread QB, he is always moving.

He has a ways to go in becoming a # 1. He is gaining valuable experience by playing.

All rookie QB's take their lumps, does he have the ability to catch onto the mental part and learn from it.

Baby Lee
11-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Young QB's make mistakes...
You make a mistake like falling down short of a first down and fumbling without contact, and that's when you pack your shit and go home.

Thigpen is stymied by bipedalism and chewing gum.

WilliamTheIrish
11-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Thigpen has the rest of the year to prove himself. IMO, the guy is what he is. He's decent sometimes. He's not an NFL caliber starting QB.

SAUTO
11-23-2008, 02:11 PM
You make a mistake like falling down short of a first down and fumbling without contact, and that's when you pack your shit and go home.

Thigpen is stymied by bipedalism and chewing gum.

ignorance is bliss, at least in your case, players fall down all the time it happens.

Skip Towne
11-23-2008, 02:12 PM
He was a victim of self-tacklization.

Baby Lee
11-23-2008, 02:14 PM
ignorance is bliss, at least in your case, players fall down all the time it happens.

That shit was Tony Romo, Garo Yeprimian territory [only they were playing in a game that anyone gave a shit about]. Shit it was failblog fatchick on a minibike territory.

Smed1065
11-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Thigpen has completely regressed. He's been shitty today. I loathe watching him.

Yeah, I hate watching a young QB versus and 34 year old sucking with no room for improvement.

You are a attention whore, maybe that is why you are a female virgin.

RNR
11-23-2008, 02:16 PM
He was a victim of self-tacklization.

Here we go with the big words

PastorMikH
11-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Amazing how the guy has a bad day and everyone's ready to axe him.

Thigpen's learning. Games like this WILL happen with ANY QB starting first season, especially when they are still learning. And, it's not like he's getting a lot of help either.

Trent Green had been in the league for quite a while when he finally got his chance - and the nickname TrINT.

Be patient.

Smed1065
11-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Hes no DVD!

dj56dt58
11-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Thigpen's learning. Games like this WILL happen with ANY QB starting first season, especially when they are still learning. And, it's not like he's getting a lot of help either.

Trent Green had been in the league for quite a while when he finally got his chance - and the nickname TrINT.

Be patient.

wow..its been a while since we had a qb where 3 tds in the first 2 and a half quarters was a bad performance

Skip Towne
11-23-2008, 02:22 PM

Be patient.

Thiggy is supposed to come out of the womb playing lke Peyton.

FloridaMan88
11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Thigpen has earned the opportunity to compete for the starting job in 2009, but (hopefully) the new regime will bring in at least two new QBs (a veteran and a rookie) for legit competition.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2008, 02:25 PM
You are a attention whore, maybe that is why you are a female virgin.

No, that would be because he has ZERO social skills and his fingers are permanantly glued to his keyboard.

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2008, 02:26 PM

Claytan, you're KILLING me.

Are you really THIS stupid, or are you just fucking with us?

jidar
11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
This is thigpens first bad game since Atlanta.

That doesn't invalidate everything he's done up till now. He's still on track to be the best QB this team has had since Green

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM

That doesn't invalidate everything he's done up till now. He's still on track to be the best QB this team has had since Green

Thigpen threw two INT's that were made by an incredibly athletic CB. It wasn't like they were lob passes to a waiting CB.

The fumble was just an example of a young guy pressing. He'll learn from both mistakes.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM

and yet he still has 3 TD throws already today....

TrickyNicky
11-23-2008, 02:35 PM
It's fairly obvious that for Thigpen to get a win, he has to play perfect, and it would still probably only be a 1-3 point win.

Skip Towne
11-23-2008, 02:38 PM
It's fairly obvious that for Thigpen to get a win, he has to play perfect, and it would still probably only be a 1-3 point win.

Are there any perfect QB's in the next draft?

Deberg_1990
11-23-2008, 02:40 PM

When your defense gives up 47 points in 3 Qtrs, your probably right.

58-4ever
11-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Are there any perfect QB's in the next draft?

Negative Skip.

Smed1065
11-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Thigpen threw two INT's that were made by an incredibly athletic CB. It wasn't like they were lob passes to a waiting CB.

The fumble was just an example of a young guy pressing. He'll learn from both mistakes.

Exactly, he is not throwing into the defenses numbers like Atlanta.

whatsmynameagain
11-23-2008, 02:53 PM
You guys missed what I said, he has to stop doing these things. It's the only serious problem he has, he showed it in the Atlanta game. His arm strength isn't what you would like it to be to make the throws on the outside all the time. I noticed he isn't setting himself up with his footwork, BTA, it's a spread offense with a spread QB, he is always moving.

He has a ways to go in becoming a # 1. He is gaining valuable experience by playing.

All rookie QB's take their lumps, does he have the ability to catch onto the mental part and learn from it.

I think it's funny you want to use the Atlanta game for any evidence. How many times do you think he got to practice with the first team offense prior?

Thigpen will be our starter next year FOR SURE. We might have gotten really lucky with the guy and its that kind of dumb luck that can turn a situation around. We are scoring at least 20 points a game now which is encouraging. If we had an average defense that would only allow 20 points a game, we would have a real shot. I think we SHOULD trade our first round pick. We are not that good at drafting so lets trade it for a sure fire pro bowler. If the chiefs can get some good free agents in the offseason for the dline and get a decent lb we could be EASILY in the mix. We have the cap space to pick up some game changers. We have a solid group of young pieces on the team. Mix in a few star free agents and we can be in the playoff picture next year. Look around the league and you see mediocrity. With a few good moves we will be in the hunt.

oh yeah, print em!

Thig Lyfe
11-23-2008, 03:08 PM
If this team has even a passable D, everybody's thinking Thigpen's the one.

He's like a young ace on a crappy baseball team. He just needs some run support.

Tribal Warfare
11-23-2008, 03:15 PM
If this team has even a passable D, everybody's thinking Thigpen's the one.

He's like a young ace on a crappy baseball team. He just needs some run support.

LMAO, I remember saying Thigpen this was the game that his numbers will stagger after last weeks game . Buffalo got 13 points off his turnovers alone.

Thig Lyfe
11-23-2008, 03:17 PM
LMAO, I what did I say about Thigpen this was the game that his numbers will stagger. Buffalo got 13 points off his turnovers alone.

Only one of those picks was on a bad throw, and the fumble was just a result of him trying to make a play and losing his balance.

Those turnovers in no way negate his accomplishments, nor do they excuse the defense's miserable play.

Tribal Warfare
11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Only one of those picks was on a bad throw, and the fumble was just a result of him trying to make a play and losing his balance.

Those turnovers in no way negate his accomplishments, nor do they excuse the defense's miserable play.

The 1st one was a jumped route easily read, I don't give a shit what the commentators were saying Thigpen telegraphed that one.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2008, 03:24 PM
As bad as Thiggy was at times today, he still threw 3 TD's.

SAUTO
11-23-2008, 03:25 PM
8-18 for 84 yards and 2 ints BRADY QUINNS STAT LINE TODAY, makes thigpen look like a HOFer

Mecca
11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
8-18 for 84 yards and 2 ints BRADY QUINNS STAT LINE TODAY, makes thigpen look like a HOFer

He does have a broken finger on his throwing hand...

Mecca
11-23-2008, 03:27 PM
When your defense gives up 47 points in 3 Qtrs, your probably right.

When you turn it over that much you're going to give up alot of points either way...

The last few weeks the Chiefs had won the turnover battle see what happens when they don't?

Coach
11-23-2008, 03:27 PM

Oh boo-hoo-hoo. Making excuses for Quinn and not for Thigpen, I see.

Awesome.

SAUTO
11-23-2008, 03:28 PM

then maybe he shouldnt have been playing, dont make excuses. what about trent greens 4ints?

Mecca
11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Hey just sayin, Trent Green is old and he's garbage now that's why he's a backup.

SAUTO
11-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Hey just sayin, Trent Green is old and he's garbage now that's why he's a backup.

again dont make excuses, you sure make them for other teams but bash your own players:rolleyes: