PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Our entire Defensive coaching staff needs to quit...

petegz28
11-23-2008, 02:55 PM
This is sad...just sad. Punked in your own house. :shake:

Halfcan
11-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Herm is a joke-he should already be gone.

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't think there's any reason to fire David Gibbs. Gun definitely. Krumrie, maybe, but I'd like to see what he can do the rest of the season under the leadership of a different coordinator.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
What do you mean, "Krumrie, maybe"??

:spock:

Coach
11-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't think there's any reason to fire David Gibbs. Gun definitely. Krumrie, maybe, but I'd like to see what he can do the rest of the season under the leadership of a different coordinator.

Dude, please just stop making excuses.

There is no excuse at all to give up 54 points in your home. None. Zip. Zero.

Every defensive coaches, including Herm, must go. Period. Nobody deserves to stay.

Stop making excuses, please.

farmerchief
11-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Gun has had ample time to build a defense, he should just resign and admit he couldnt do the job. Don't blame it all on injuries!

Simba
11-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Our entire Defensive coaching staff needs to quit

They have.

Beerthirty
11-23-2008, 03:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing today. Would Gun just step down and start the process of cleaning house for us?

RustShack
11-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Gibbs is the only guy I can live with keeping. I'm all for promoting him to DC until we actually change the staff in the offseason.

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Dude, please just stop making excuses.

There is no excuse at all to give up 54 points in your home. None. Zip. Zero.

Every defensive coaches, including Herm, must go. Period. Nobody deserves to stay.

Stop making excuses, please.

Making excuses?

You're talking about blaming people for everyone involved. Gibbs isn't the one calling plays. He's not the one leading the defense. He's their assistant following the marching orders of his leader.

I hate the idea that people think the best solution is to wipe everyone out of KC. Gun, Carl, Herm, I understand where you're coming from. But singling out guys like Gibbs and Kuharich, who have done their job well even though everyone else hasn't, is ridiculous.

It's not Gibbs' fault this defense is so bad. Considering how despicable our pass rush has been, for most of the season, he's done a pretty good job with young corners asked to cover for 10 seconds.

Coach
11-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Making excuses?

You're talking about blaming people for everyone involved. Gibbs isn't the one calling plays. He's not the one leading the defense. He's their assistant following the marching orders of his leader.

I hate the idea that people think the best solution is to wipe everyone out of KC. Gun, Carl, Herm, I understand where you're coming from. But singling out guys like Gibbs and Kuharich, who have done their job well even though everyone else hasn't, is ridiculous.

It's not Gibbs' fault this defense is so bad. Considering how despicable our pass rush has been, for most of the season, he's done a pretty good job with young corners asked to cover for 10 seconds.

I'm talking about helping players show some improvement in their game. Gibbs haven't shown me anything that warranted that Pollard or Page have improved. Other than the CB's showing marginal improvement, the tackling by the secondary is just awful all around.

But yes, I'm aware of that the secondary can only do much without a pass-rush, but to leave their man wide open by 5-10 yards in front of you? Inexcuseable.

Listen, the defense has alot of problems all over the place. The only way you are going to solve the root of the problem is to terminate every coach on the defensive side, including Herm.

bushidokan
11-23-2008, 03:41 PM
This team is an f-n embarassment and until we get rid of that pompous asshole Carl, as well as get a coach who knows how to lead, the Chiefs will continue to look like a Pop Warner team being outclassed by everyone else in the league. Clark...you are nowhere near the man your father was and by now he would have made the executive decisions to drop the axe. Everyone in KC hates Carl and has no faith whatsoever in Herm, including his players. Our defensive coaching is the worst I've seen since the Chiefs of 87 and 88.

blueballs
11-23-2008, 03:42 PM
it's time for them to start turning on themselves
the back stabbing will come out this week

chiefzilla1501
11-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm talking about helping players show some improvement in their game. Gibbs haven't shown me anything that warranted that Pollard or Page have improved. Other than the CB's showing marginal improvement, the tackling by the secondary is just awful all around.

But yes, I'm aware of that the secondary can only do much without a pass-rush, but to leave their man wide open by 5-10 yards in front of you? Inexcuseable.

Listen, the defense has alot of problems all over the place. The only way you are going to solve the root of the problem is to terminate every coach on the defensive side, including Herm.

That may be true, but the cushion the corners have given is something Gunther has frustratingly done well before Gibbs rolled into town. Gibbs is an extremely seasoned coach and I think it woudl be a huge mistake to let him walk. I still believe that if his LBs coach and D-line coach could even REMOTELY do their job, then the guys Gibbs could coach could focus on making plays instead of covering their asses all the time. What's also interesting is that while our safeties have been marginal at tackling, our corners are actually really good tacklers.

The corners are having to cover for way too long. Their safeties are forced to tackle running backs who get 10 yards downfield untouched. While I'm not saying he's been perfect, I still contend that if he can get the d-backs to help lead the NFL in turnovers, just imagine what he could do if the LBs and D-line did their job.

RINGLEADER
11-23-2008, 03:51 PM
The corners are having to cover for way too long. Their safeties are forced to tackle running backs who get 10 yards downfield untouched. While I'm not saying he's been perfect, I still contend that if he can get the d-backs to help lead the NFL in turnovers, just imagine what he could do if the LBs and D-line did their job.

Agree. Get two great free agent (i.e. proven) Defensive Ends and a stud free agent Linebacker and the corners will look even better.

Rain Man
11-23-2008, 04:34 PM
They have.

Beat me to it.

penchief
11-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Gun has had ample time to build a defense, he should just resign and admit he couldnt do the job. Don't blame it all on injuries!

I've been saying for a while that if Gunther had any self-respect he would resign. It should be obvious to even himself by now that he can't get the job done. IMO, he owes it to the organization that gave him a second chance and to the fans who have recognized it for some time now.