PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft My very "FIRST" attempt at an NFL Mock Draft...maybe my last!

KChiefs1
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Round 1:

1. (Lions) - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
- Make no mistake, Sam Bradford will be drafted ahead of Matthew Stafford should he declare early, this will change many things. Normally, I would say that a bad football team shouldn't draft a "sexy pick" like a QB this early, but since they have so many picks in this draft (thanks to the Cowboys), I think they may risk it. So long as they draft a big offensive linemen later in round 1 or immediately in round 2 (preferably round 1), then they should be okay taking Bradford here. They just need to make sure that they can protect him.

2. (Chiefs) - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
- I think Andre Smith is the best player in college football (or Top 2 at least). Anyone who drafts him knows exactly what they're getting, a solid blocker for the next 12-15 years. He's already elite on the college level, he is a very safe and smart pick. It's official, the Chiefs do not need a QB anymore, or at least, not this early. Tyler Thigpen is playing well and now the Chiefs can upgrade in other areas. I think they should go for a pass rush DE instead seeing as they pretty much never get any sacks on opposing QBs but not at this position. They badly need to upgrade their pass rush. Orakpo is a sack machine with tree trunks for arms, he'll do well in the NFL but is he worth the 2nd pick in the draft?

3. (Raiders) - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi -
This is what the Raiders SHOULD do, but will they? Al Davis is a very very bad decision maker. The Raiders need much better blocking up front before any of their new studs on offense have a chance to develop. There's a chance the Raiders pick up Michael Crabtree here instead.

4. (Bengals) - Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
- One thing they could do here is take an offensive linemen, personally, I think Brandon Spikes would be perfect for Cincinnati seeing as he is versatile enough to be a stud at DE, MLB, or OLB, all of which the Bengals could use a big upgrade at. It won't happen though.

5. (Rams) - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
- Benching your offensive weapons is a terrible idea if no one up front is blocking for them. If the Rams want to ever run the ball again, they need an offensive linemen in round 1 if not round 2. Monroe is a huge guy and will help out instantly.

6. (Seahawks) - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
- The Seahawks need better receivers, most of their guys are either old or useless. Crabtree has the tools to be an excellent receiver as a rookie and for years to come.

7. (49ers) - Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
- Sorry 49er fans, I have your team doing well enough late in the season to just miss all the players you really really wanted. OT is the ideal pick, but the 3 elite tackles are already taken. QB is just not a smart pick, but it's possible Stafford will go here. CB is also a big need and Malcolm Jenkins is an excellent corner with size and physical presence.

8. (Texans) - Taylor Mays, FS, USC
- The entire Texan defense isn't playing well. They need help at safety and corner. Taylor Mays is a great looking football player and will help the Texans make stops.

9. (Browns) - Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
- The Browns need help at CB, pass rush and RB. Luckily for them, there are still great players available for any of those options. I think the Browns will soon realize that their offensive line is actually not too bad and if they could get more out of their running game, their QB wouldn't be asked to do as much. Brady Quinn will love this pick. Chris Wells is not a speed back, but he's a guy who is going to get great yardage every single time he runs.

10. (Chargers) - Rey Maualuga, MLB, USC
- The Chargers need help at OG and DT the most but it's going to be a reach for any of that at this point. That, plus passing up Maualuga is going to be difficult because he would fit in very well on the Chargers defense. We all know that's exactly what the Chargers need, defense. They're too talented, if they could just play better defense. I'd love to see the Chiefs moved down in the draft to get this guy.

11. (Saints) - Michael Johnson, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech
- If the Saints could just stop their opponent, they may become a good team. They need help almost everywhere on defense. Johnson is a great looking NFL prospect because of his height. He could play OLB for the Saints with some training and also needs to bulk up just a little.

12. (Jaguars) - Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma
- I don't think this is a reach simply because the Jags need an OG so badly. It's not like Robinson isn't a bad players anyways, he'll help the Jags' running game become elite once again.

13. (Bills) - Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
- Sorry, I think the Bills are hopelessly overrated. They need a lot of help on their interior offensive line but no one is available now worth taking this high. Curry will help the Bills' defense a lot even though he's not a well known player.

14. (Vikings) - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
- Dog fans are going to hate me for this. I don't think any of the teams above will need a QB bad enough to take one so early in the draft (except Detroit and MAYBE SF). Because of that, Stafford will fall to the Vikings in my book. Stafford has great arm strength and is very familiar with a pro-style offense. The Vikings need a QB very badly, they're too good a team everywhere else to be such a bad team overall.

15. (Eagles) - Ciron Black, OT, LSU
- Any Reid takes linemen in drafts. Black will fit into the Eagles offensive well should Reid even be at Phili. next year.

16. (Dolphins) - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
- The Dolphins need help at corner and their entire defensive back. Davis has very good coverage skills and should make an impact very early. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Percy Harvin go here. The "wild cat" offenses is working pretty well for them and they may actually try to upgrade it instead of installing an NFL offense. Harvin is exactly what they need if this is the case. He has elite speed and elusiveness. No one on Miami's offensive roster is a huge homerun threat. It probably won;t happen though.

17. (Bears) - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
- The Bears have only 1 and half complete receivers. That's a problem if they ever want to score on a consistent basis. Heyward-Bey has a perfect combination of size and speed.

18. (Broncos) - James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio State
- The Broncos defense is laughable. Laurinaitis will start on day 1 of practice, he's a tackle-machine.

19. (Falcons) - B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College
- This guy's stock has exploded over the last few weeks. Besides Terrence Cody (who I don't have declaring), he's the best nose tackle prospect. This may be a reach even so, but I don't think so. The Falcons have come a long way and if their young secondary can continue to impress, they'll have few holes left to fill.

20. (Ravens) - Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
- The Ravens have been an offensive joke for years now. They need a big time playmaker for Flaco. Maclin has blazing speed and runs good routs, that will give the Ravens a big boost on offense.

21. (Packers) - Everett Brown, DE/OLB, Florida State
- The Packers seem to have found their offense and running game so now they can turn to upgrading their pass rush. They need a new DE and Brown is a sack-machine, one of the very best coming out of college.

22. (Patriots) - Brandon Spikes, MLB/DE, Florida
- I think Spikes is a Top 10 pick, but I know it won't happen that way. Why? Beats me. Scouts don't think he will be able to play MLB well enough but either way, he can play OLB or DE and play them well. The Pats need to get new, faster linebackers and new defensive backs. Spikes will fit in somewhere I'm sure. He's just too good to pass up here but CB is the only thing else I could see the Pats going for.

23. (Redskins) - D. J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt
- Moore has erupted into a great playmaker this year and his services will help the Redskins who need help at CB.

24. (Lions from Cowboys) - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
- If the Lions want to protect their #1 overall investment, they need to take an offensive linemen here. Smith is a massive veteran and should be able to help keep Bradford off the turf.

25. (Colts) - Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn
- If Marks is still here, it would be great for the Colts. They need 1-2 DTs in this draft as they cannot stop the run to save their lives. Marks isn't too large but can still stuff the run well.

26. (Jets) - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
- Moreno is a great all purpose back who makes something out of nothing. The Jets need to upgrade their running arsenal or Clemmens will be in trouble whenever he takes over for Favre.

27. (Buccaneers) - Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
- The Bucs need offense very badly. They need playmakers and that's exactly what Harvin is.

29. (Steelers) - Eben Britton, OT, Arizona
- Britton is another player who's stock has exploded in the recent weeks. The Steelers should take THREE offensive linemen in this draft. They allow a billion sacks a game and can't open up any holes for Willie Parker. Big Ben will like this pick and so will his ailing body.

28. (Cardinals) - Alex Mack, OC, California
- The Cardinals need help on their offensive line, specifically at center. Mack is easily the best center prospect in this draft.

30. (Eagles from Panthers) - Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State
- The Eagles have no answer at TE and Pettigrew is the most complete TE prospect.

31. (Titans) - Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
- Britt's stock is soaring right now. He is making plays and racking up mega yards lately. You factor that into his NFL 6' 4'' frame and he's going to be a hot commodity. The Titans need more playmakers at WR, I wonder if they actually do that in round 1 though.

32. (Giants) - Brian Cushing, OLB, USC
- The Giants are hoping no one takes Cushing before they pick because he pits into their pass-rush bonanza perfectly.

Round 2:

1. (Lions) - George Selvie, DE/OLB, South Florida
- Selvie might deserve round 1 status but he hasn't been as effective this year as last. Either way, he's a great pass rusher and the Lions could use help in that area.

2. (Bengals) - Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi
- The Bengals cannot pass rush at all. I don't think Hardy should go in round 1 despite popular belief since he simply hasn't been good enough this year to go that early. He's still a great player.

3. (Raiders) - Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma
- So long as the Raiders get an OT and WR in round 1 and 2, it will be a none-disastrous draft for them. Their entire offense is a joke and Russell needs more targets at WR.

4. (Rams) - Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech
- Harris is a very physical corner and can create turnovers, the Rams need that very badly.

5. (Chiefs) - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
- If the Chiefs are smart, they will take offensive and defensive line in round 1 and 2. That's what bad football teams do. Thigpin will enjoy having more time to throw. I'm not sure if Okung will declare early, but he's good enough to go this early.

6. (Seahawks) - Rashad Johnson, FS, Alabama
- Johnson has been a pleasant surprise this season and the Seahawks could use his services in their awful secondary.

7. (49ers) - Phillip Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma
- Loadholt is a massive man. He's been a bit inconsistant this year, but he should do well in the NFL because of his elite size. The 49ers need a large OT.

8. (Texans) - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
- The Texans don't have any glaring needs but their defense needs work in general. Weatherspoon is another tackling-machine, so this could work out well for the Texans.

9. (Browns) - Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky
- The Browns' secondary allows too many deep passes, Lindley is good at intercepting such attempts.

10. (Patriots from Chargers) - Emanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina
- Rodney Harrison is done and Cook would be a solid replacement. He's a hard hitter.

11. (Dolphins from Saints) - William Moore, FS, Missouri
- Moore is a great player but he's been a little off this season in his production. It may not be his fault, but it's true. It's not like mid 2nd round is a bad thing anyways. The Dolphins need more help in their secondary. They may go for a LB here instead though.

12. (Jaguars) - Dannell Ellerbe, MLB, Georgia
- I think it's either this or CB for the Jags here. Their overall defense needs to play better and MLB is a need and a place they need to get younger players.

13. (Bills) - Jonathan Luigs, OC, Arkansas
- The Bills have bad blocking in the middle of their offensive line. Luigs is a great blocker, ask "Run DMC".

14. (Vikings) - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
- OT is a need, but I doubt the Vikings get one here, TE could also help their struggling offensive. They need more weapons and Gresham has been a great one at Oklahoma.

15. (Eagles) - Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State
- Before becoming a brain surgeon, the Rhodes Scholar nominee will add some needed maturity to the Eagle roster. Maybe he'll know the NFL overtime rule.

16. (Broncos from Dolphins) - Fili Moala, DT/DE, USC
- The Broncos need help everywhere on defense. Moala will probably play DE in the NFL if he can slim down just a little.

17. (Bears) - Herman Johnson, OG, LSU
- The Bears could use better blocking inside and Johnson should be able to help. He's close to 400 lbs and has made the LSU offensive line one of the best in college.

18. (Jets from Broncos) - Nic Harris, SS, Oklahoma
- Harris loves to hit people and will help solidify the Falcons defense.

19. (Falcons) - Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
- Coffman will be a great NFL player. He has hands like Tony Gonzalez while standing at 6' 6'' which presents many mis-matches in coverage. Matt Ryan will find a way to use Coffman as a valuable weapon.

20. (Ravens) - Jamon Meredeth, OG/OT, South Carolina
- The Ravens need more depth at offensive line. Meredeth plays guard and tackle in college and will help fill in or start when injuries occur.

21. (Packers) - Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati
- Al Harris is getting old and they need someone to step in as a CB in training/waiting for whenever Harris retires. Mickens creates turnovers.

22. (Patriots) - Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut
- The Pats have an awful secondary, so hopefully for them, Butler can improve this unit.

23. (Dolphins from Redskins) - Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
- The Dolphins need more receivers and weapons. They may go for a speedy receiver here instead to fit into their spread offense. LaFell would work either way because he's a good receiver overall.

24. (Cowboys) - Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
- The Cowboys need help on their offensive line, but there's no one left who's worth taking here. Maybe they could go for a linebacker but again, no one's available who's worth taking here. CB is certainly a need even if Pacman Jones can stay out of trouble. Smith is one of the best in college, but his size will hurt his stock.

25. (Colts) - LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh
- Addai is good, but the Colts need a compliment and someone who can be effective if Addai is hurt. They've had no running game when he's out. McCoy is fast enough and tough enough to be a good back in the NFL.

26. (Giants from Jets) - Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson
- Hamlin has good size and will be a nice upgrade for the Giant's secondary.

27. (Buccaneers) - Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
- What??? Tim Tebow? Here? Yeah, I'm starting to think he may not be a safe-enough pick at QB to go earlier since he's not playing a pro-style at Florida. I think he can learn it and do well at it, but he may fall to round 2. The Bucs need a young QB, Garcia and Griese are fossils. Wouldn't it be interesting if Harvin and Tebow actually both ended up with the Bucs? I'm sure Tampa Bay would love for them to replicate their offensive success from Florida. Again, it probably won;t happen.

29. (Steelers) - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
- The Steelers need some younger guys at DE. I doubt they go with back to back offensive linemen but could go with CB here.

28. (Cardinals) - Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa
- Greene will bring a "run between the tackles" aspect to the Cardinal's offense. He is good to go in round 1 but since RB is not a huge need for most teams, he'll probably fall to round 2. He isn't a small guy so he can pound the ball on 3rd and short scenarios.

30. (Panthers) - Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State
- Jake Delhomme is getting old and is not very reliable year to year with constant injuries. That, plus he hasn't been very good in the last few weeks. The Panthers need a younger answer at QB and no one else on their roster is a long term starter. Freeman may declare early since Prince isn't coming back at K State. He is a great pro-style QB prospect and is very tall at 6'6''.

31. (Titans) - Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss
- The Titans may find themselves thin at DT soon if Hanesworth leaves for free agency (at least I think that's the deal). Even if he doesn't they could still use a dominant force alongside of him. Jerry is a big man and loves to stuff people up the middle.

32. (Giants) - Jasper Brinkley, MLB/DE, South Carolina
- The Giants love to rush the passer and Brinkley can help with that. He may end up at DE which is also a need for the Giants. He is rock solid and hits people in the mouth, the Giants love that kind of thing.

Okay, that's what I've got. It's not perfect and hopefully not full of too many error. Feel free to post comments or suggests.

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:03 PM
......there are no words.

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Wouldn't Bradford have to declare as well since he is a sophomore?

Thig Lyfe
11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Best eva.

Tribal Warfare
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
If Stafford's available KC will take him

aturnis
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry, but terrible.

This draft does nothing to make this team any better.

DaKCMan AP
11-23-2008, 06:06 PM
:spock:

kstater
11-23-2008, 06:06 PM
I'll guess that come draft day, it doesn't come close to resembling this.

I give you and A for effort though.

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Want a tip if Jermaine Gresham declares he's going in the 1st round.

milkman
11-23-2008, 06:08 PM
......there are no words.

Try stupid, moronic, dumbass, unfathomable......

I'm sure there's more, but my vocabulary has become limited as the result of IQ loss from reading some of the incredible myopia of people that post on here.

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:09 PM
If Stafford's available KC will take him

The Chiefs are the kind of team that would pass on him.

milkman
11-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Wouldn't Bradford have to declare as well since he is a sophomore?

He's a redshirt soph, so he can declare.

kstater
11-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Try stupid, moronic, dumbass, unfathomable......

I'm sure there's more, but my vocabulary has become limited as the result of IQ loss from reading some of the incredible myopia of people that post on here.

I was going to go hard, but I eased off because I knew others could say it better than me.

Mecca
Bradford is everything that should make a guy not declare workouts will hurt him.....the only thing he could do would be try to avoid throwing in workouts which would raise huge questions.

the Talking Can
my penis is shooting itself in the face

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:11 PM
He's a redshirt soph, so he can declare.

I know I think I misread his first sentence. He is saying if Bradford declares he would go #1. I was reading as if Stafford declared Bradford would still go #1 or something like that. Sorry my brain is fried.

There is no way Bradford is the #1 overall pick he is a good QB but not that good

Tribal Warfare
11-23-2008, 06:12 PM
The Chiefs are the kind of team that would pass on him.

Stafford's from Highland Texas same place where the Hunts reside, so don't be pessimistic and Clark said he'd like a franchise QB. With the KC Chief QB depth chart, I'd say it's gonna happen.

Thig Lyfe
11-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I think Myron Rolle is going to Oxford, not Philadelphia.

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Until the Chiefs show it I will never believe they'll take a QB with a top 10 pick or even a 1st round pick.

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:14 PM
I think Myron Rolle is going to Oxford, not Philadelphia.

Nah he said he wanted to play in the NFL before going on to be a brain surgeon..

I do wonder if he will almost be considered to smart, or how dedicated he is. This is a guy that doesn't need football, he could wake up 4 years into his career and say alright that's it I'm done.

dirk digler
Stafford's from Highland Texas same place where the Hunts reside, so don't be pessimistic and Clark said he'd like a franchise QB. With the KC Chief QB depth chart, I'd say it's gonna happen.

God help us all if we picked him. That would be a devastating pick and would set this franchise back for years

Halfcan
nice effort

kstater
God help us all if we picked him. That would be a devastating pick and would set this franchise back for years

Picking Stafford would?

Mecca

It would obviously cripple our franchise you know like we're fine right now.

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Picking Stafford would?

No Bradford

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:16 PM
It would obviously cripple our franchise you know like we're fine right now.

My bad I misread his post I thought he wrote Bradford. Damn I can't read worth shit tonight

Mecca
No Bradford

I bet Herm would love him he really does remind me of Chad Pennington.

kstater
No Bradford

Ok then, but the quote you quoted refferred to Stafford. I thought you had gon crazy.

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Ok then, but the quote you quoted refferred to Stafford. I thought you had gon crazy.

I think I have.

So to clarify if we picked BRADFORD it would set this franchise back years and would be a horrible pick

Priest31kc
Weatherspoon has said he's coming back for his senior year

Mecca
I think I have.

So to clarify if we picked BRADFORD it would set this franchise back years and would be a horrible pick

The Big 12 people would be happy I'm sure.

kstater
Much better Dirk. While I wouldn't be crazy about a Bradford pick, he will be a servicable QB(this is assuming Stafford's off the board).

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:22 PM
The Big 12 people would be happy I'm sure.

Much better Dirk. While I wouldn't be crazy about a Bradford pick, he will be a servicable QB.

I think he is just a product of an Oklahoma system that is good but really never has developed a pro style QB.

Like others have said it is really easy to complete passes when the WR's are open by 5-10 yds.

I honestly believe Chase Daniels will be a better QB than Bradford if a NFL team will give him a chance.

Direckshun
11-23-2008, 06:29 PM
If our first two picks for this team AREN'T defensive line and/or linebacking, I'm kicking your ass.

milkman
11-23-2008, 06:34 PM
I think he is just a product of an Oklahoma system that is good but really never has developed a pro style QB.

Like others have said it is really easy to complete passes when the WR's are open by 5-10 yds.

I honestly believe Chase Daniels will be a better QB than Bradford if a NFL team will give him a chance.

:doh!:

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:37 PM
:doh!:

Which part do you disagree with?

When was the last time a big time QB came from Oklahoma?

Or is it my opinion that Chase would be better?

SAUTO
11-23-2008, 06:37 PM
If our first two picks for this team AREN'T defensive line and/or linebacking, I'm kicking your ass.

YES YES THIS!!!!!

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:39 PM
I wonder if this team can turn another high pick defensive lineman into a bum.

milkman
11-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Which part do you disagree with?

When was the last time a big time QB came from Oklahoma?

Or is it my opinion that Chase would be better?

Sam Bradford, in the right system, has the chance to be a very good QB in the NFL.

He's just not the best player, or best QB in this draft.

And it is possible he'll never amount to anything.

A midget QB, however, is never going to amount to anything in the NFL.
Chase Daniel has no future.

TrickyNicky
11-23-2008, 06:41 PM
I wonder if this team can turn another high pick defensive lineman into a bum.

I bet Orakpo could pull double duty as our new strength coach, so it wouldn't be a total bust.

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:41 PM
If Chase Daniel played for Oregon no one here would give 2 fucks about him.

EyePod
11-23-2008, 06:42 PM
This is stupid. We should never pass on Crabtree. We would have the Cardinal's power offense, only better with Tony G. Sorry, but you lose.

EyePod
11-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Sam Bradford, in the right system, has the chance to be a very good QB in the NFL.

Doug Flutie was a midget....

Mecca
This is stupid. We should never pass on Crabtree. We would have the Cardinal's power offense, only better with Tony G. Sorry, but you lose.

.........great........Michael Crabtree isn't in the same league as the Arizona WR's.

Mecca
Doug Flutie was a midget....

So Chase Daniel is gonna go play in Canada for years and win some Grey Cups? Cool.

RustShack
11-23-2008, 06:44 PM
So you have us taking an OT in the first two rounds when we just took one in the first last year and our offense is 100x better than our defense right now?

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:45 PM

Fair enough.

RustShack
11-23-2008, 06:46 PM

So who would play the slot? Bradley can't be a slot receiver because of his knees, Bowe is kinda slow for the slot, and so is Crabtree. This team has bigger needs than WR right now, and bigger needs than offense even(huge turnaround from the start of the year).

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Michael Crabtree is not Larry Fitzgerald lets not get into that thinking.

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
If Chase Daniel played for Oregon no one here would give 2 ****s about him.

The reason why I like Chase, besides being a homer, is that he has been a winner and successful at both in high school and now college. I think he has the "it" factor and that is something you can't teach.

RustShack
11-23-2008, 06:49 PM
The reason why I like Chase, besides being a homer, is that he has been a winner and successful at both in high school and now college. I think he has the "it" factor and that is something you can't teach.

And something you wouldn't know about if he played somewhere else.

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:50 PM

Matt Leinart was a winner too....

RustShack
11-23-2008, 06:52 PM

But not for Missouri :)

EyePod
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM

That's the same story for any large school QB. They had to be successful at the college level and high school level or they wouldn't be playing. Look at Colt McCoy. He's been succesful. I don't think anyone think's that he'll be good in the NFL. Look at Vince Young too. Same story.

BigVE
Wow. All that work putting that together for NOTHING. Nice try. Think about it, we more than likely have our starting LT for years to come with Albert. Yes, we need O-line help but not so badly that we will spend our first two picks on OT's. IF we end up picking O-linemen it will more than likely be after rounds 1 and 2, possibly even rd. 3 too. FOR ME, Orakpo is our number one pick. After rd1 we we have SO many needs I would take best available with an emphasis on defense (lb's, DE's, Corner/SS). Just my opinion. Good effort.

EyePod

He's not done yet.... It's just that Kurt Warner is amazing....

Sure-Oz
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
LMFAO Bradford #1....

Fine by me

Mecca
If this team takes Orakpo with Stafford there I will lose it.

dirk digler
And something you wouldn't know about if he played somewhere else.

Probably so

BigVE
11-23-2008, 06:56 PM
If this team takes Orakpo with Stafford there I will lose it.

Stafford will more than likely go number one to either the Lions or the Bengals so WE won't have to worry about it.

dirk digler

Leinart is puzzling he has all the tools and the pedigree IMO he just cares more about other things than football

Mecca
Stafford will more than likely go number one to either the Lions or the Bengals so WE won't have to worry about it.

The Bengals aren't taking a QB...

Mecca
11-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Leinart is puzzling he has all the tools and the pedigree IMO he just cares more about other things than football

He's also a system limited QB that came from a school with great talent around him......Sam Bradford is kind of like Matt Leinart...

If the Cards ran a west coast offense instead of a vertical offense he'd probably be ok.

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 06:59 PM
That's the same story for any large school QB. They had to be successful at the college level and high school level or they wouldn't be playing. Look at Colt McCoy. He's been succesful. I don't think anyone think's that he'll be good in the NFL. Look at Vince Young too. Same story.

Fair point.

Though some NFL teams thought Vince would be a good QB.

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 07:02 PM
He's also a system limited QB that came from a school with great talent around him......Sam Bradford is kind of like Matt Leinart...

If the Cards ran a west coast offense instead of a vertical offense he'd probably be ok.

I think if Leinart dedicated himself to football instead of the So-Cal lifestyle he could turn it around for himself.

Mecca
11-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I think if Leinart dedicated himself to football instead of the So-Cal lifestyle he could turn it around for himself.

No amount of dedication is going to give him the arm to throw 30 yards downfield.

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 07:07 PM
No amount of dedication is going to give him the arm to throw 30 yards downfield.

His arm is that bad?

Mecca
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
His arm is that bad?

If you think he can throw a 20 yard out you are fooling yourself.....he might be able to lollypop a deep one but he can't throw anything like that on a line.

Portis&Taylor
11-23-2008, 07:18 PM
nice mock except theres no way the skins take a CB we have one the deepest secondaries in the league, look for us to grab a Guard or DE

Brock
11-23-2008, 07:40 PM
That was horrid. On a number of levels.

Pablo
11-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I threw up a lot while reading that.

A lot. Especially the Chiefs' picks.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Chiefs picks blew major major balls.

Ebolapox
11-23-2008, 08:43 PM
dude. seriously, one of the worst mocks ever. there are no words to describe how putrid that is. nice effort, but seriously, please make this your last mock.