PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs No friggin way that game today was a sell out.

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Are we suppose to be this stupid we think that 15K people bought tickets and then didn't show?

The NFL and the Chief are not being truthful. This isn't a King Carl thing. It's all over the NFL. It's like the NFL is allowing 50%-75% full stadiums to still be broadcast locally. Maybe because of the economy? Who knows? They aren't talking about it.

BTW, you could walkup to the official Chiefs ticket office and buy $35.00 tickets to the game that season ticket holders paid $89.00.

Valiant
11-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Are we suppose to be this stupid we think that 15K people bought tickets and then didn't show?

The NFL and the Chief are not being truthful. This isn't a King Carl thing. It's all over the NFL. It's like the NFL is allowing 50%-75% full stadiums to still be broadcast locally. Maybe because of the economy? Who knows? They aren't talking about it.

BTW, you could walkup to the official Chiefs ticket office and buy $35.00 tickets to the game that season ticket holders paid $89.00.

Good they need to get rid of that stupid rule on blackouts..

MIAdragon
11-23-2008, 06:52 PM

35 is still WAY too much, maybe three fiddy would be more like it.

blueballs
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Herm and Bush
making seeing a Chief's game a challenge
the seats are cheap but nobody has the extra coin

Rain Man
11-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Is the Chiefs' ticket office really discounting tickets? I didn't know that ever happened.

It was depressing to see the stadium shots on TV today. The stadium wasn't even close to full and then the attendance waned pretty much the whole second half.

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Good they need to get rid of that stupid rule on blackouts..
Yeah, it is archaic. It doesn't make people buy tickets to see the game in person. Welllll IMHO anyway.

Sure-Oz
11-23-2008, 06:57 PM
The blackout rule doesn't exist, it's a damn lie

Bearcat
11-23-2008, 06:58 PM
It's all over the NFL. It's like the NFL is allowing 50%-75% full stadiums to still be broadcast locally.

Not here... they've blacked out the last few Lions games, and that includes a couple of games where they were at 85-90% capacity. I'm glad the local CBS would rather show decent games.

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Is the Chiefs' ticket office really discounting tickets? I didn't know that ever happened.
Yes, this wasn't scalpers, season ticket holders trying to recoup some money. But the "Official" Chiefs ticket office. They had signs up about it. Maybe trying to competeforthe walk up crowd with the scalpers?

tk13
11-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Has anybody actually been blacked out this season?

Rain Man
11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Not here... they've blacked out the last few Lions games, and that includes a couple of games where they were at 85-90% capacity. I'm glad the local CBS would rather show decent games.

Maybe they're also implementing that rule about "switching to a more competitive game" before the kickoff.

blueballs
11-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Redrum's mom

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 07:02 PM
See thats my point. I think there is something fishy going on. Rules being applied differently. Maybe the local affiliate in Cetroit wants to show different games but the KC local affiliate wants the KC games.

Skip Towne
11-23-2008, 07:03 PM
They've had me blacked out the last 3 weeks. The team is so shitty CBS won't carry it in my area.

TrickyNicky
11-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Hell, Jacksonville didn't sell out when they were actually winning last year.

BigRedChief
They've had me blacked out the last 3 weeks. The team is so shitty CBS won't carry it in my area.
That has nothing to do with attendence at Arrowhead but an affiliates choice of game.

mikey23545
There's no way that Carl could do it by himself...What about the scalper on the grassy knoll?

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 07:05 PM
See thats my point. I think there is something fishy going on. Rules being applied differently. Maybe the local affiliate in Cetroit wants to show different games but the KC local affiliate wants the KC games.

From what I understand they have reduced Arrowhead's seating capacity because of the renovations so that makes it easier to consider it a sell-out

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 07:06 PM
There's no way that Carl could do it by himself...What about the scalper on the grassy knoll?
In no way do I think this is a King Carl thing. He's cooking the numbers etc. The rest of the NFL wouldn't tolerate that. He wants to cook the Hunt books fine but shared attendence monies....he had better be clean with those #'s.

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 07:06 PM
From what I understand they have reduced Arrowhead's seating capacity because of the renovations so that makes it easier to consider it a sell-out
Reduced seat #'s are not a factor this year.

kc rush
11-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I think the league is bending rules because Arrowhead is under construction and its creating a hardship for people to go the stadium.

Isn't it nice how they treat STH?

Bearcat
11-23-2008, 07:07 PM

I wonder how much money is involved... how many tickets CBS is willing to buy before they would break even between showing the game or infomercials.

Maybe they're also implementing that rule about "switching to a more competitive game" before the kickoff.

LMAO

dirk digler
11-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Reduced seat #'s are not a factor this year.

Are you sure? I thought I read that in the Star?

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Isn't it nice how they treat STH?
When I sent my letter to the Chiefs giving up my season tickets the decline in value to be a season ticket holder was one of the main reasons. I cant improve my seats because all the good seats that are given up are going into the Wolfpack club program. So they can charge another $500-$700.00 a seat per year per ticket. Thats all fine and dandy but you lost my $3K a year doing that program.

Hydrae
11-23-2008, 07:11 PM
I heard the other day that ticket prices for playoff games this year are being lowered in recognition of the current state of the economy.

Not that that has anything to do directly with this thread but still an interesting little tidbit.

Rain Man
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
I heard the other day that ticket prices for playoff games this year are being lowered in recognition of the current state of the economy.

Not that that has anything to do directly with this thread but still an interesting little tidbit.

In fact, that is so far from relevance to a Chiefs thread that I can't even fathom coming up with a bigger hijack.

cdcox
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM

You should try DirecTV Sunday Ticket.

Rain Man
11-23-2008, 07:36 PM
You should try DirecTV Sunday Ticket.

Heh-heh.

Heh-heh-heh.

Heh-heh-heh-heh.

StcChief
11-23-2008, 08:33 PM
no surprise, the camera shots looked like a very sparse crowd....especially upper deck.

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 09:28 PM
no surprise, the camera shots looked like a very sparse crowd....especially upper deck.
Was anyone at the game? Guesstimated attendence?

Stinger
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Was anyone at the game? Guesstimated attendence?

A 1/3rd full ... maybe 25-30 thousand just a very rough guess.

Reerun_KC
11-23-2008, 10:11 PM
There is a thread showing pictures of the game...

Looked like a soccer game was being played...

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 10:19 PM
I bet that there is an exception being granted for the Chiefs to show games locally.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2008, 10:23 PM

There was more than 30,000 there. It was in the 50 to 60 range.

|Zach|
11-23-2008, 10:24 PM
I bet that there is an exception being granted for the Chiefs to show games locally.

Based on? I don't know what about the Chiefs would be exception worthy.

A lot of people buy tickets and don't show...there are still a ton of people with season tickets who no show.

OnTheWarpath15
11-23-2008, 10:26 PM

A lot of people buy tickets and don't show...there are still a ton of people with season tickets who no show.

This.

And who gives a shit anyway?

Are people insulted that games AREN'T being blacked out?

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2008, 10:26 PM

Thats pretty much it. Whats the season ticket holder base now 65k or so? Chiefs can give away/reduce 5 to 7k and get away with the game being able to meet blackout limits.

Stinger
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
There was more than 30,000 there. It was in the 50 to 60 range.

It sure looked less than half full which would be less than 40,000

Halfcan
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
I was there last week-pretty lame game

FringeNC
11-23-2008, 10:29 PM

Probably could have picked it up for $5 on eBay.

Reerun_KC
11-23-2008, 10:30 PM
This.

And who gives a shit anyway?

Are people insulted that games AREN'T being blacked out?

:shrug:

I just know that the regional coverage has shrunk tremendously since Herm arrived...

Hell here in OKC I used to get all the games, until 2006-then about half, 2007 less than half, 2008-when they feel sorry for us...

BigRedChief
11-23-2008, 10:31 PM

I think there is something going on with the NFL, the economy, something that is allowing teams to televise locally without sellouts.

No evidence. And I've not heard from my contact yet. So its just my "hunch".....for right now anyway.

morphius
11-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Think about it this way, people from all over the country have been buying Chiefs season tickets for years, and then resell all, if not most of them to brokers or other people. Maybe they travel for one game a year, maybe 2, but this year it isn't worth it to come out and nobody will buy them from them either. But they hold onto the tickets because they have made a lot of money off them in years past and figure the turnaround will not take to long.

That and I'm sure some TV station is buying it out, or some company is tossing in some tickets for some advertising...