PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Since 1990, QB's who have beat the Chiefs in the Playoffs

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Stan Humphries
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Jim Harbaugh
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning

I think that list pretty much shows you how much a franchise quarterback is needed. Especially when looking at how good our defense was in the 90's.

RustShack
11-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Stafford!!!

Reerun_KC
11-23-2008, 10:25 PM
I will raise you a Damon Huard

Halfcan
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Tebow

Reerun_KC
11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Bradford

chiefs1111
11-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Tebow

Im a Gator fan and I still say no to Tebow,especially if Herm and Dick Curl are both back next year.

tk13
11-23-2008, 10:39 PM
You forgot Elvis Grbac.

notorious
11-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Reading Harbaughs name on that list about caused me to punch a hole in my monitor. That was a cold fuggin game that flat out sucked.

RustShack
11-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Im a Gator fan and I still say no to Tebow,especially if Herm and Dick Curl are both back next year.

But but we run the spread now, why does that make Daniel draftable but now Tebow? :)

dtebbe
11-24-2008, 09:11 AM
You forgot Elvis Grbacup.

I fixed this.

DT

CoMoChief
11-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Billy Joe Tolliver - end of thread.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Stan Humphries
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Jim Harbaugh
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning

I think that list pretty much shows you how much a franchise quarterback is needed. Especially when looking at how good our defense was in the 90's.

on the flip flop, here are the Chiefs starting QB's who lost those games:

Steve DeBerg
Dave Krieg
Joe Montana
Steve Bono
Elvis Grbac
Trent Green

Not entirely awful...

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Reading Harbaughs name on that list about caused me to punch a hole in my monitor. That was a cold fuggin game that flat out sucked.

What a game. Will never forget that day, that was the day I realized people were right about Martha... He chokes on cock when the stakes are high... I used to drink Martha's kool-aid until he completely Martha'd that game.

Stryker
11-24-2008, 10:18 AM
We didn't loose because of Jim Harbaugh - WE LOST BECAUSE OF THE FUCKING KICKER WHO SHANT BE NAMED! Uuugghhh!

WilliamTheIrish
11-24-2008, 10:18 AM
on the flip flop, here are the Chiefs starting QB's who lost those games:

Steve DeBerg
Dave Krieg
Joe Montana
Steve Bono
Elvis Grbac
Trent Green

Not entirely awful...

The only QB who was not completely awful was Joe.

ferrarispider95
11-24-2008, 10:29 AM

It was Trent's fault we couldn't force 1 fuggin punt and 31 fumbled at the endzone

Buck
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Let me do one for the Chargers.

Dan Marino
Steve Young
Jim Harbaugh
Chad Pennington
Tom Brady
Tom Brady

Pretty much works out except for the Harbaugh on Pennington

Heres who they have beat in the same time span

Dave Kreig
Dan Marino
Neil O'Donnel
Vince Young
Peyton Manning

Not exactly stellar

Brock
11-24-2008, 11:48 AM

Trent was good. But still, that's a pretty horrible list of QBs. It shows a real problem of philosophy with this team since Carl Peterson showed up.

bobbything
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
DeBerg 269 1 TD and 1 INT.
Vlasic/DeBerg 146 1 TD 4 INTs.
Kreig/Montana 323 0 TDs 2 INTs.
Montana 314 2 TDs 1 INT
Bono/Gannon 152 1 TD 3 INTs
Grbac 260 1 TD 0 INTs
Green 212 1 TD 0 INTs

CoMoChief
11-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Stan Humphries
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Jim Harbaugh
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning

All this tells me is that the Chiefs for the majority of the time have lost playoff games to future HOF QB's.

and being that it is possible for teams to make the playoffs and win without HOF Qb's, this argument really has no meaning.

Would the Chiefs like to have a franchise QB that eventually wins SB's and goes on to have a HOF career....of course......all teams would. But there are only a hand few of those to come around. Since 90's....you have,

Joe Montana
Jim Kelly
Steve Young
Troy Aikman
Dan Marino (never won a SB)
John Elway
Warren Moon (never won a SB)
Brett Favre
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
***maybe Kurt Warner if for some reason a miracle occurs and the Cards make the SB, it would be his 3rd SB and would be hard to not consider him for the HOF***

So you have 10 QB's in the last 20 years, many of those Qb's were from the same era, which means a SB franchise QB is VERY hard to come by and theyre arent in every draft.

As of right now, Thigpen is growing within the offense and it's working so you stick with it and build on that. I am all for bringing in another QB or drafting one considering we are scarce of QBs on the depth chart. But I also don't think we use our first or 2nd rounder for that. This team has many holes and Thigpen isn't the problem or reason why this team isn't winning games.

Minus the horrible ATL game, this QB has been doing a fine job and for as young as he is, I'd take a 2-1 TD/INT ratio anyday, just as long as the INT doesn't result in a pick 6.

But every QB throws those here and there every once in a while so we can't exactly throw Thigpen to the lions if he throws one. He's gonna make mistakes because he's young, but what he's showed is that he's shown improvements every week in different areas, which it will take time to fully develope. Hell Tony G has faith in the guy, I bet he still wants to be traded, but now he's getting the ball and the O is moving along, now I can bet his feelings arent as strong.

Not to mention that NONE of the QBs listed above would be able to win a game with this fucking swiss cheese defense.

The problem isn't Thigpen, and you can take that to the bank.

This team needs to fully invest the draft into players in the trenches, thats where games are won, esp on defense. We have no pass rush, and we can't fill gaps on running plays. This team has no chance in winning another game unless that improves.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
CoMoChief..

We have been throwing draft picks at this defense for several years now, garnering the same results... Hell the whole trenches front line is 1st day picks with the best lineman in the draft last year... And it still SUCKS!!!

Unless we make a change in HC and DC, you could give us the 85 Bears D and it will still suck..

CoMoChief
11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
CoMoChief..

We have been throwing draft picks at this defense for several years now, garnering the same results... Hell the whole trenches front line is 1st day picks with the best lineman in the draft last year... And it still SUCKS!!!

Unless we make a change in HC and DC, you could give us the 85 Bears D and it will still suck..

Well my argument really is that you dont draft a QB in the top 5 unless you plan to start him.

Which is foolish now because this team for the longest time has wanted to groom a QB. Now we are and we want to regress while waiting for another guy that YOU HAVE to start very soon regardless because you've invested so much in the guy.

WilliamTheIrish
11-24-2008, 12:23 PM
DeBerg 269 1 TD and 1 INT.
Vlasic/DeBerg 146 1 TD 4 INTs.
Kreig/Montana 323 0 TDs 2 INTs.
Montana 314 2 TDs 1 INT
Bono/Gannon 152 1 TD 3 INTs
Grbac 260 1 TD 0 INTs
Green 212 1 TD 0 INTs

Just good enough to lose. Who could ask for anything more?

WilliamTheIrish
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
It was Trent's fault we couldn't force 1 fuggin punt and 31 fumbled at the endzone

It's nothing against Trent Green. He was a decent player. But, like all the others sans Joe, he was just good enough to lose.

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Let me do one for the Chargers.

Dan Marino
Steve Young
Jim Harbaugh
Chad Pennington
Tom Brady
Tom Brady

Pretty much works out except for the Harbaugh on Pennington

Heres who they have beat in the same time span

Dave Kreig
Dan Marino
Neil O'Donnel
Vince Young
Peyton Manning

Not exactly stellar

And you guys had a darn good defense and offensive line as well during those playoff years.

shaneo69
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Stan Humphries
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Jim Harbaugh
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning

Luckily, Thigpen looks like a possible franchise QB. What are those projected numbers for his first year of starting again?

bobbything
11-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Just good enough to lose. Who could ask for anything more?
Typical. I don't know if you're suggesting Green was part of the reason we couldn't score more than 31 points that day or not.

WilliamTheIrish
11-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Typical. I don't know if you're suggesting Green was part of the reason we couldn't score more than 31 points that day or not.

Green lost every big game he ever played in for the Chiefs. Regular season and playoffs.

Just like the rest of that group, sans Joe.