PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs For the Dumbasses: A Thread on Perspective

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Since no one seems to have any common sense, I figured it might be nice to at least create one niche, one little cranny on this forum where people aren't running around in full "OMG ONOZ" mode.

Some of you people vacillate emotionally more than a 14 year old girl. Jesus tits, we ain't got time to bleed, so get over your menstrual flow.

Here is the reality of the situation:

QB: Thigpen is a promising quarterback, but you cannot consider him the answer or even a permanent solution. He hasn't shown that he can be a franchise quarterback yet. It doesn't mean he can't be one, but it shouldn't be assumed that he can be one.

RB: Charles is a great guy for a Felix Jones role. Give him 12 touches a game, and he'll flourish. LJ has shown more this year in limited action than he did last year, but he's got 2 years left, max. You can keep him around, but even when healthy, he's not going to be more than a 1200 yard back

FB: Our Cox is a solid player. We don't need to draft a fullback ever. Anyone who says so gets shipped to the gulag.

WR: Bowe has all the talent in the world, he just needs to cozy up to a Jugs machine in the offseason and work rather than applying teeth whitener. Bradley is a serviceable player and should have a spot on this roster. Franklin is too young to know anything about. Every other WR can get the fuck out.

TE: Tony is ageless. He doesn't rely on speed to get open, so as long as he can jump reasonably well, he will continue to be productive. Cottam got beat horribly on a couple of blocks yesterday, but it takes time, and he's learning from the GOAT.

LT: Albert is the solution. Period.
LG: Waters is competent
C: Niswanger needs to be replaced. He's simply not an effective center, and it's not due to his height.
RG: There is no one of value on this team at this position
RT: There is a slight chance either Herb or Richardson could contribute at one of the spots on the right side, but it cannot be counted on whatsoever. Herb could at least be a better version of Bober, so we can keep him around for cheap, and he's young.

DE: There is no one of value at this position. Hali and McBride are 3rd and 4th ends masquerading as starters. Hali is one of the worst ends against the run I've ever seen, made all the more pathetic by the fact that he is a decent sized player for the position. There's no reason to cut them, but there is also no reason to think that they, or Johnston can contribute.

DT: It's unknowable. Reports of Dorsey's demise are vastly overstated. Tyler hasn't really proven much either, but he's only a second year player, and isn't the under-tackle anyway. If you can find good value late in the draft or on the FA market, there's no reason not to bring a guy or two in.

OLB: Must be addressed. DJ hasn't lived up to expectations, and Williams is better suited as a Coverage backer in a strong Nickel, IMO. He's not an every down guy, but is a servicable rotation piece. MLB is the worst position on the D, but you don't need to spend a top 3 pick on a fucking linebacker. Get over it. You can find great backers in rounds 2-4 of any draft.

S: Pollard is a bust, plain and simple. He doesn't have the brains or the speed to play the position. He should be fighting for his professional life in the offseason. Page is a nickel safety and rotational FS at best. He can't tackle, and he has marginal speed. He still takes horrible angles. Morgan is young and played a pretty decent game yesterday (that last TD wasn't his fault, you can't blame a safety for biting on PA when they just ran the ball down the entire length of the field.)

CB: Flowers is a keeper, and probably our best defensive player. Carr is a huge ?. Leggett has shown a lot, and should be able to stick as a Nickel back. I don't think he's starting caliber, but nickel corner is an important position.

ST: Barth and Colquitt are fine, Robinson shows flashes in the return game, but may lack the extra gear.

Coaches: Nearly everyone must go. The only ones arguments can even be made for are Gibbs, and Gailey. Period.

Player Personnel: Fire everyone.

KCJohnny
11-24-2008, 09:08 AM
You positing yourself as the voice of reason?

Follow your own advice.

Yeah.

That advice.

Extra Point
11-24-2008, 09:11 AM
ST: Barth and Colquitt are fine, Robinson shows nothing in the return game, but may lack the extra gear.

FYP

luv
11-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Pollard needs to realize that he can't make a big hit on every play. Sometimes, he has to settle for tackling.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 09:12 AM

Follow your own advice.

Yeah.

That advice.

Johnny, I guarantee you that almost everyone on this board would take my football advice over yours. That's not saying much, but you are probably the least respected football poster on here. It's that simple.

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
If there a stud kicker there when we go to pick in the 3rd... we better fucking take him.

No more of this throwing darts at a pile of names and signing whomever the dart stick to anymore.

I want the next Nick Lowery!

luv
11-24-2008, 09:16 AM
If there a stud kicker there when we go to pick in the 3rd... we better ****ing take him.

No more of this throwing darts at a pile of names and signing whomever the dart stick to anymore.

I didn't really pay attention to the long snapper this week. He was practically rolling it to Colquitt last week. Did he do better?

Demonpenz
11-24-2008, 09:17 AM
I think we are going to be paying the price for the dorsey disaster for years to come

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 09:23 AM
I didn't really pay attention to the long snapper this week. He was practically rolling it to Colquitt last week. Did he do better?

Well... he got the ball there at least. Seemed ok from where I was but they were kicking to the other side of the field on that 45 yarder so it was hard to tell.

We need some serious help at LS.

Why we didnt give Gammon a call is beyond me.

King_Chief_Fan
11-24-2008, 09:28 AM
HJ other than the part where you spout all the worthless crap at the beginning of your post, I agree with your points. You will find more agreement than disagreement and therefore discover that most are just as smart as you............either that or you are a dumbass like most.

PhillyChiefFan
11-24-2008, 09:32 AM
If there a stud kicker there when we go to pick in the 3rd... we better ****ing take him.

Oh you mean like when we passed on Mason f*cking Crosby to take a no talent, piece of sh*t from UCLA...:eek:

...I'm...I'm sorry...I don't know where that came from

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Oh you mean like when we passed on Mason f*cking Crosby to take a no talent, piece of sh*t from UCLA...:eek:

...I'm...I'm sorry...I don't know where that came from

yeah.... something like that :D

Molitoth
11-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Lets talk about schemes:

Spread offense:

Cover 2 efence:

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Actually , we have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, our problem really appears to be coaching.

I mean come on. 6 fucking sacks!!!

Duck Dog
11-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Johnny, I guarantee you that almost everyone on this board would take my football advice over yours. That's not saying much, but you are probably the least respected football poster on here. It's that simple.

It has nothing to do with your football knowledge and everything to do with you coming across like the 'end all' of every debate, in true cock sucker fashion. Why you come across so brash on the Internet speaks volumes about your real life personality.

That being said I agree with most of what you wrote. We have way to many holes to fill to even begin to accomplish them via the draft. Hell, that's what these aholes were supposed to of done during the last draft. This debacle will take years to fix.

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Lets talk about schemes:

Spread offense:

Cover 2 efence:

Sure thing!

Spread Offense:

This is the Offense that has allowed the Chiefs to go from 13ppg to 25ppg.

Chan has made it work for KC. We should keep it, and Chan, for a while.

Cover 2 Defense:

A joke. The personnel needs for this scheme are so specific that it is truly a wonder that teams have been able to actually compete and the pro level using it.

I would be much happier going to a base 4-3 and calling it a day.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
I grow tired of seeing people have fucking meltdowns over the fact that we suck when we were picked to win at most 3 games by nearly every NFL expert.

We're actually not that far away. This team should be competitive for a playoff spot by 2010.

A big part of the solution will be scrapping the Cover 2 and going to a more conventional 4-3 base defense. The Cover 2 without a ferocious pass rush and all pros in the middle of each level of the D is basically a prevent defense.

Demonpenz
11-24-2008, 09:49 AM
disasterous

FloridaMan88
11-24-2008, 09:53 AM

Follow your own advice.

Yeah.

That advice.

This coming from someone who prefers to play the role of Dictator Carl's personal sex toy.

Seriously you actually felt the need to make an entire post dedicated to "finding the positives" in the Chiefs getting raped at home and losing the 19th of their last 20 games in the process??

You are a complete disgrace.

Duck Dog
11-24-2008, 09:54 AM
We should be showing improvements and we aren't. We aren't even close to being consistent and that's what is pissing me off. We adjusted our offense for TT and it worked well. Why we haven't adjusted our D to accommodate our lack of any rush is mind boggling.

For Gods sake, we have two defensive minded coaches in Gunther and Herm and this is the disaster they came up with.

DaKCMan AP
11-24-2008, 09:57 AM

QFT

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 09:58 AM
We should be showing improvements and we aren't. We aren't even close to being consistent and that's what is pissing me off. We adjusted our offense for TT and it worked well. Why we haven't adjusted our D to accommodate our lack of any rush is mind boggling.

For Gods sake, we have two defensive minded coaches in Gunther and Herm and this is the disaster they came up with.

Just because Herm was a DB coach for Tampa who likes the idea of playing D doesn't mean that he's defensive minded in the least.

Young teams are never consistent.

Our scheme exacerbates our biggest weakness. It would be tantamount to sending Gonzalez and Bowe on 9 routes on every play and having Thigpen take a 7 step drop from center while we have an empty backfield.

If you had a competent D coordinator in here, and someone who embraced the fact that getting burned once or twice on a blitz isn't catastrophic if you can actually stop someone from time to time, you wouldn't have such a big problem.

jidar
11-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Wow.

I feel that is a very misleading thread title.

When you start a thread with "A Thread on perspective", I would expect the opposite of what you've posted.

Having perspective isn't listing 3/4s of our starters and claiming they aren't fit to play in the NFL. Perspective is realizing that every team is full of players like these, and the reason is because above average players are hard to find at every position. That's why it's called "average"

This thread is just looking at the team with the blinders on, like the Chiefs exist in some kind of vacuum, or maybe that somehow the entire rest of the NFL is full of above average players and the Chiefs have the only bad ones.

This thread isn't perspective at all, perspective is what this thread lacks.

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 10:01 AM
This coming from someone who prefers to play the role of Dictator Carl's personal sex toy.

Seriously you actually felt the need to make an entire post dedicated to "finding the positives" in the Chiefs getting raped at home and losing the 19th of their last 20 games in the process??

You are a complete disgrace.

Dude... the Bills did not burn Arrowhead down to the ground. Its ok.

There were some positives in this game that should be addressed.

After years of not having an offense... it seems like there may be life there after all. That in itself is enough for me to get excited over.

The problem lies with the Defense. Unfortunately, there is very little to get excited over there other than Flowers and Carr.

-------

Always look on the bright side of life

-------

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

-------

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Wow.

When you start a thread with "A Thread on perspective", I would expect the opposite of what you've posted.

Having perspective isn't listing 3/4s of our starters and claiming they aren't fit to play in the NFL. Perspective is realizing that every team is full of players like these, and the reason is because above average players are hard to find at every position. That's why it's called "average"

This thread is just looking at the team with the blinders on, like the Chiefs exist in some kind of vacuum, or maybe that somehow the entire rest of the NFL is full of above average players and the Chiefs have the only bad ones.

I didn't say that Dorsey, Tyler, McBride, Hali, Williams, Page, Carr, Flowers, Leggett, or even Page weren't fit to play in the NFL. That's bullshit to claim otherwise.

I also wasn't disparaging Thigpen, Bowe, Albert, Charles, LJ, Bradley, Waters, or Cox.

Hell, the only people who I clearly said should go were Niswanger, McIntosh, Jones, Pollard, and Thomas. So please tell me where you calculate your fractions.

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Pretty much spot on Hamas.

FloridaMan88
11-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Dude... the Bills did not burn Arrowhead down to the ground. Its ok.

There were some positives in this game that should be addressed.

After years of not having an offense... it seems like there may be life there after all. That in itself is enough for me to get excited over.

Clark Hunt is counting on this type of reaction from the fanbase as an excuse not to blow this team up.

duncan_idaho
11-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Agree with most of the original post.

Peterson and his cronies need to be removed from player personnel decisions. If I thought Peterson could be the prez without getting his slimy hands all over the running of the team, I'd be OK with that. I think the chances of that happening are about as good as Elisha Cuthbert waking up tomorrow and realizing that's she's wasting her life without me.

Herm must go.

The entire defensive staff must go. Especially Gunther and Krumrie.

I'm actually OK with Gailey and the offensive staff. He has a strong background of adapting and innovating with his offenses (when Jerry Jones isn't leering over his shoulder) and has done a nice job this season playing to the strengths of Thigpen, et all.

As for player personnel...

WRs seem fine.

TEs seem fine.

CBs seem fine.

Everything else... scary as shit.

They need a QB in this draft or the next (1st or 2nd round guy) who can be developed and starting by 2011.

The DEs need to be completely overhauled, and we have to hope that Dorsey is not a bust.

The LBs need to addressed. If Johnson can't adapt to the middle, probably time to consider him a bust.

The safeties also need new blood. Pollard and Page have had their shot. Time to move on.

On the OL... you're fine at LT. Everywhere else needs an upgrade, though Waters is fine at LG for a few seasons.

This team desperately needs to bring in staff that can succeed in the draft. It's clear that Peterson and Co. no longer are that staff.

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Clark Hunt is counting on this type of reaction from the fanbase as an excuse not to blow this team up.

I guess you have a point... unless you would have quoted me entirely.

Yeah... this O *IS* something to get excited about. What am I saying that is incorrect here?

The problem lies with the D. Our D SUCKS.

If we can score 31 points per game with a D worth its paycheck, we are looking at a playoff run instead of the #2 pick in the draft.

Clark needs to blow this shit up. The only coach, IMO, that deserves to keep his job is Chan.

WilliamTheIrish
11-24-2008, 10:17 AM
A big part of the solution will be scrapping the Cover 2 and going to a more conventional 4-3 base defense. The Cover 2 without a ferocious pass rush and all pros in the middle of each level of the D is basically a prevent defense.

The real solution will come with a removal of this entire coaching staff adn front office. Right down to the guy who dumps the trash cans in the front office. (Gretz, Nick or Clay)

penchief
11-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Player Personnel: Fire everyone.

I pretty much agree with everything except the player personnel part. I believe Kuharich and Edwards have drafted pretty well.

I think it's fair to say that the coaching of that young talent is a huge concern. Allowing Gunther to develop the young defensive talent is a bad idea, IMO. I can't think of any one player that has flourished under Cunningham's tutelage.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 10:18 AM
The real solution will come with a removal of this entire coaching staff adn front office. Right down to the guy who dumps the trash cans in the front office. (Gretz, Nick or Clay)

What about the old man that paints "CHEFS" in the endzone?

Should he go as well?

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I pretty much agree with everything except the player personnel part. I believe Kuharich and Edwards have drafted pretty well. I think it's fair to say that the coaching of that young talent is a huge concern. Allowing Gunther to develop the young defensive talent is a bad idea, IMO. I can't think of any one player that has flourished under Cunningham's tutelage.

Or Herms tutelage since he arrived here in KC....

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Like I said last night some new coach and gm are walking into a potential gold mine with this job. Chiefs have some darn good young talent that you can build around. Big time cap space and a top 2 to 3 draft pick. This ship isnt as bad as some of you make it out to be, most of the main problems deals with coaching and youth in general. Young players do dumb shit.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Like I said last night some new coach and gm are walking into a potential gold mine with this job. Chiefs have some darn good young talent that you can build around. Big time cap space and a top 2 to 3 draft pick. This ship isnt as bad as some of you make it out to be, most of the main problems deals with coaching and youth in general. Young players do dumb shit.

Coaching and management is what is scaring the hell out of this fanbase.

We do have a gold mine, but we have a couple of dipshits with plastic shovels trying to dig for it.....

Mr. Laz
11-24-2008, 10:24 AM
i was gonna post something similar to this ...... without some of the venom maybe LMAO

this year sucks ..... but in the long run we will be better for it

next year we will be in a much better position provided we get a new coaching staff.

duncan_idaho
11-24-2008, 10:33 AM
What about the old man that paints "CHEFS" in the endzone?

Should he go as well?

Well, he's just not what he used to be. The way end zones are painted has changed. He just doesn't have the speed to get it done like his peers anymore...

:D

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 10:35 AM
i was gonna post something similar to this ...... without some of the venom maybe LMAO

this year sucks ..... but in the long run we will be better for it

next year we will be in a much better position provided we get a new coaching staff.

It will still take a new staff a year or 2 to completely remove Herms dumbassery from these players...

It will be hard to uncoach stupid!

Mr. Laz
11-24-2008, 10:36 AM
It will still take a new staff a year or 2 to completely remove Herms dumbassery from these players...

thanks for squashing my hope :sulk:

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 10:36 AM

Doubt it.

FringeNC
11-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Can the total domination of the front four be explained by the fact they are young and poorly coached? I don't know. The way they've been dominated is frightening. I'm very concerned.

cdcox
11-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow.

There is a reason we've won 1 out of the last 20 games. If we had average players at ever position, we could figure to be somewhere near 10 and 10 over that span.

Hamas did a great job of putting players in 3 catagories: 1) players who we know are good and are fine with; 2) players who we know suck and need to be replaced or moved to a backup role; and 3) players that we don't know about yet. I don't think there is too much to argue with in his categorizations. You can get hide one or two players that fall in category 2 or 3 (still developing) on your starting roster and be competitive. When you have as many as we do starting, you can expect to go 1 - 19.

For reference, guys like Bradley and DJ (the way he's played, not potential) should be considered NFL average. When they are some of your bright spots, you know you are in trouble.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Doubt it.

Elaborate?

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Elaborate?

First of all they are young guys from winning programs in college. One year isnt go to scar them. Second, the Jets somehow got to 10-6 after Herm so that blows your theory out of the water.

Skip Towne
11-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Before we start shitcanning players we need to get real NFL coaches in here and let them decide who needs to go. How many DT's have we gone through? I can't believe all of them were busts. Our dipshits just aren't able to develop them. The Chiefs job is a gold mine for the right HC.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 10:45 AM
thanks for squashing my hope :sulk:

Sorry buddy, lets just drink up and forget the whole mess!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_9.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7923)

Skip Towne
11-24-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm sorry about being a dumbass, Hamas, but I can't help it. I was born this way.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 10:49 AM
First of all they are young guys from winning programs in college. One year isnt go to scar them. Second, the Jets somehow got to 10-6 after Herm so that blows your theory out of the water.

Fair enough... Now that I think about it, They will probably soak up a new coach like a sponge.... So we could see a good things from fairly quickly. But it still will be hard to uncoach stupid...

I guess "Soft Bitch" is a better coach than Herm....

Chiefnj2
11-24-2008, 10:49 AM

I'm not seeing the gold mine at all. I see more of a talc mine full of bat droppings. People talk about Vermeil leaving a bad team behind. If Herm is fired this offseason he will leave behind a team that is just as bad, if not worse.

Donger
11-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Someone has issues with delusions of grandeur, it would seem.

Brock
11-24-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm not seeing the gold mine at all. I see more of a talc mine full of bat droppings. People talk about Vermeil leaving a bad team behind. If Herm is fired this offseason he will leave behind a team that is just as bad, if not worse.

I don't see that at all. They have a franchise left tackle, a young secondary, a young defensive line, possibly an above average QB and some good receivers. Those positions at least are certainly in better shape than they were when Vermeil left.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Someone has issues with delusions of grandeur, it would seem.

I suggest you read some of the threads started immediately after the game yesterday...not that you've ever really participated in a football discussion, though.

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Schwartz from Tennessee makes so much sense for the job. Our two biggest defensive assets are Dorsey and DJ. He developed Haynesworth and Bulluck. Not to mention they had to replace all of their DE's and still are getting a pass rush.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't see that at all. They have a franchise left tackle, a young secondary, a young defensive line, possibly an above average QB and some good receivers. Those positions at least are certainly in better shape than they were when Vermeil left.

The Defensive Line is definitely young. Question is will Chiefs brass ever see a return on their investment (two #1's, a #2, and a former Third Round pick)?

Brock
11-24-2008, 11:01 AM
The Defensive Line is definitely young. Question is will Chiefs brass ever see a return on their investment (two #1's, a #2, and a former Third Round pick)?

Open question. With better coaching I believe they would. I don't believe Krumrie or Gunther are good at what they do.

Donger
11-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I suggest you read some of the threads started immediately after the game yesterday...not that you've ever really participated in a football discussion, though.

Why? Did you somehow discover a smidgen of civility in them?

Micjones
11-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Open question. With better coaching I believe they would. I don't believe Krumrie or Gunther are good at what they do.

I believe that may be the case with guys like McBride, Tyler, and Dorsey.
I'm starting to lose faith in Hali.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Why? Did you somehow discover a smidgen of civility in them?

Perhaps it might inform you as to why I'm calling the people who thought Thigpen was Christ, then shit after one game, and suggesting that Dorsey is a bust, dumbasses. Or maybe it would fit in line with the whole "football message board" thing that you've never really seemed to grasp.

HemiEd
11-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Just because Herm was a DB coach for Tampa who likes the idea of playing D doesn't mean that he's defensive minded in the least.

Young teams are never consistent.

Our scheme exacerbates our biggest weakness. It would be tantamount to sending Gonzalez and Bowe on 9 routes on every play and having Thigpen take a 7 step drop from center while we have an empty backfield.

If you had a competent D coordinator in here, and someone who embraced the fact that getting burned once or twice on a blitz isn't catastrophic if you can actually stop someone from time to time, you wouldn't have such a big problem.

Gunther is gone, count on it.

Donger
11-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Perhaps it might inform you as to why I'm calling the people who thought Thigpen was Christ, then shit after one game, and suggesting that Dorsey is a bust, dumbasses. Or maybe it would fit in line with the whole "football message board" thing that you've never really seemed to grasp.

Thanks for the answer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:11 AM
As if on cue:

"Dorsey Sucks"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197308

OnTheWarpath15
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
As if on cue:

"Dorsey Sucks"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197308

:shake:

Unfuckingreal.

HemiEd
11-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Before we start shitcanning players we need to get real NFL coaches in here and let them decide who needs to go. How many DT's have we gone through? I can't believe all of them were busts. Our dipshits just aren't able to develop them. The Chiefs job is a gold mine for the right HC.

Yep, the law of averages would tell you that you just can't pick that many DTs that high and all be busts.

duncan_idaho
11-24-2008, 11:36 AM

But Krumrie is so TOUGH! He yells at guys! He makes them slap fight!

Here's hoping Gunther, Germ, Krumrie et al are held accountable for their significant failings this year.

That would be an outstanding Christmas present.

chiefsfan1963
11-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Don't forget to fire the entire FRONT OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueballs
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Chiefs planet with out drama
HA

Ebolapox
11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
great fucking thread, hamas. can't disagree with anything you wrote. bravo

Mark M
11-24-2008, 09:17 PM

Um ... except Nick the <strike>Dick</strike> Kick was cut by about half the teams in the NFL before coming to KC.

Of all the things to spend a draft pick on this year, kicker ain't on the list.

Other than that, Hamas and I are on the exact same page. Although, up until yesterday, I figured Gun either needed to go or be given permission to run his own defense (he is NOT a Cover 2 guy ... at all), and Herm given another year or so.

But watching that team not even try made me want to vomit.

Thankfully, this team isn't so far along that "starting over" would do more damage than good -- something that can happen with a team in the middle of rebuilding. This team is at the bottom ... oh hell, who am I kidding? They've hit bottom and managed to dig halfway to the our planet's molten core (where they can test Carl's hair gel's melting point).

So bringing in a whole new organization is not that big of a deal. And as a bonus, they won't have any horseshit attachments to players like LJ (Carl's baby), or Pollard and/or Page (Herm's turds) and can truly make the cuts that need to be made.

I just hope Clark isn't loyal to a fault like his father was ...

MM
~~:grovel:

Halfcan
11-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Our Punting has sucked ass lately or am I the only one that has noticed the 30 yard duck punts???

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Um ... except Nick the <strike>Dick</strike> Kick was cut by about half the teams in the NFL before coming to KC.

Oh really?

As player:
1978 - New England Patriots
1980-1993 - KC Chiefs
1994-1996 - New York Jets

Of all the things to spend a draft pick on this year, kicker ain't on the list.

I could not disagree with you more. Connor Barth was not good enough to beat out a scrub in the pre-season and was brought back only because we had yet another kicker fail miserably.

Go learn about football... then come back and talk to us.

Halfcan
11-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I think we need to sign 2 punters to handle all the punts next year-lol

Rain Man
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
The scary thing to me is that I agree with nearly all of the original post. What's wrong with me?!?!?!

I'm not sure what people are seeing in Robinson as the returner yet. Admittedly, the sample size is exceedingly small, but I'm just seeing a skinny guy who falls down when he gets hit. Honestly, I like Savage better.

Brock
11-24-2008, 09:54 PM
:

Er, one team anyway.

Rain Man
11-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Actually, Lowery was cut by seven or eight teams before latching on with the Chiefs. I think he got cut in training camp so it doesn't show up on his career history.

EyePod
11-24-2008, 10:03 PM

I think that's what Hamas is trying to do with this thread.... uncoach about 98% of this forum....

EyePod
11-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh really?

As player:
1980-1993 - KC Chiefs

I could not disagree with you more. Connor Barth was not good enough to beat out a scrub in the pre-season and was brought back only because we had yet another kicker fail miserably.

Yeah, you're right! I'm sick of him being completely perfect. Why should we stick with a guy who didn't do as well in the pre-season as he did in the regular season, after not starting the 1st 6 games?!?!? This is crazy!!

EyePod
11-24-2008, 10:08 PM
The scary thing to me is that I agree with nearly all of the original post. What's wrong with me?!?!?!

I'm not sure what people are seeing in Robinson as the returner yet. Admittedly, the sample size is exceedingly small, but I'm just seeing a skinny guy who falls down when he gets hit. Honestly, I like Savage better.

Savage was wayyyyy to hesitant. I don't think Robinson is the answer either... I wish Charles would freaking catch the freaking all down there... we could be done with this conversation right now...

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah, you're right! I'm sick of him being completely perfect. Why should we stick with a guy who didn't do as well in the pre-season as he did in the regular season, after not starting the 1st 6 games?!?!? This is crazy!!

Oh shit... I did not realize we had re-signed Jahweh himself back to the squad.

EyePod
11-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Oh shit... I did not realize we had re-signed Jahweh himself back to the squad.

I just can't believe you discredit and want to cut someone who is perfect and young. I mean, I would understand if you were talking about Carney last year, but cmon. He has been perfect so far, so let him stay until he proves otherwise.

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 10:33 PM
I just can't believe you discredit and want to cut someone who is perfect and young. I mean, I would understand if you were talking about Carney last year, but cmon. He has been perfect so far, so let him stay until he proves otherwise.

How they say...

one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

If there is a SURE thing then we need to take him. The kicking game is gonna be of extreme importance to us through the rebuild.

A stud kicker can make a 2-3 game difference for a rebuilding team.

Not trying to knock Barth at all in this.

EyePod
11-24-2008, 10:37 PM
How they say...

If there is a SURE thing then we need to take him. The kicking game is gonna be of extreme importance to us through the rebuild.

I say we should wait until the end of the year. If he continues his current success, then we keep him. I'm just saying that you're a little pre-emptive in cutting him. It's like whoever was saying that Dorsey is a bust already.... give him a break... he's a rookie!

Mecca
11-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Oh really?

As player:
1980-1993 - KC Chiefs

If you wanna see me get really pissed off.....talk about the Chiefs drafting a kicker.

Brock
11-24-2008, 11:01 PM
I wonder if the Chiefs should draft a kicker.....what do you think....

Mecca
11-24-2008, 11:03 PM
They obviously should, how about in round 1?

Logical
11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
I grow tired of seeing people have ****ing meltdowns over the fact that we suck when we were picked to win at most 3 games by nearly every NFL expert.

We're actually not that far away. This team should be competitive for a playoff spot by 2010.

Other than the initial rant which seemed like a bit of over-reaction, your player analysis IMO was excellent. I tend to think 2010 is a bit early for a playoff competitive team. I think a 9-7 team would be possible.

Logical
11-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I wonder if the Chiefs should draft a kicker.....what do you think....I know this I remember thinking how dumb I thought Oakland was for taking Janikowski in the first. I no longer think that way, man what a leg. Yesterday when he kicked off from the 15 and it reached the goal line I changed my opinion.

That being said, it has to be someone really special to be a first day pick.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2008, 11:20 PM
They obviously should, how about in round 1?

It worked out ok for the Raiders. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:35 PM
I think that's what Hamas is trying to do with this thread.... uncoach about 98% of this forum....

You see, this guy EyePod right here gets it. He's a big, strong guy who wears contact lenses because it helps him see the ball, and that's why he gets it.

http://madden-season.com/images/john-madden.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:37 PM
How they say...

You should check and see what rounds Adam Vinatieri, Phil Dawson, Nick Folk, Neil Rackers, Josh Brown, John Kasay, Robbie Gould, and Rob Bironas were drafted in.

Ultra Peanut
11-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Bowe has all the talent in the world, he just needs to cozy up to a Jugs machine in the offseason and work rather than applying teeth whitener.Get your priorities straight.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Get your priorities straight.

Clear out your PMs.

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 11:47 PM
We wouldnt be worried about kicker right now if Vermeil didnt draft Bigfoot instead of Keading.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:51 PM
We wouldnt be worried about kicker right now if Vermeil didnt draft Bigfoot instead of Keading.

Yeah, I think I would have rather had Darnell Dockett or Nick Hardwick.

Basileus777
11-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I think I would have rather had Darnell Dockett or Nick Hardwick.

If Hardwick was on this team you would hate him. He's always been overrated, and he's been awful this year. Hardwick is too undersized, he gets manhandled by any strong DT. Tomlinson is the only reason he ever was sent to a pro-bowl.

Reaper16
11-24-2008, 11:58 PM

Ugh. It was a mistake not to go with Barth in the first place. Barth was better than Novak in pre-season and in practice. Well, more accurately they were even. But Herm went with Novak because Nick had more NFL experience. Herm was being Herm.

But seriously... you want to draft a kicker and you're accusing someone else of needing to learn about football?

boogblaster
11-25-2008, 12:02 AM
We only need about 10 play-makers .. and 5 coaches 1 GM & a new owner ...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-25-2008, 12:03 AM
If Hardwick was on this team you would hate him. He's always been overrated, and he's been awful this year. Hardwick is too undersized, he gets manhandled by any strong DT. Tomlinson is the only reason he ever was sent to a pro-bowl.

This reminds me of Casey Wiegmann, and it could never be applied to Adrian Jones :doh:

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-25-2008, 12:04 AM

This reminds me of Casey Wiegmann, and it could never be applied to Adrian Jones :doh!:

DaneMcCloud
11-25-2008, 01:25 AM
Oh really?

Yes, really.

He was cut about a half a dozen times AFTER PRE-SEASON.

Obviously, he's not going to show up on the official roster.

Who cares anyway? The guy was NEVER a clutch kicker when the game was on the line.

Simply Red
11-25-2008, 02:00 AM
......Hi Mr. Big Time CEO 'Hamas,' Bye. Bye

Mark M
11-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh really?

As player:
1980-1993 - KC Chiefs

Yes, really.

Well, the 'half' comment was sarcasm, but you just listed the teams he actually made. Meanwhile, in reality, players can actually get cut BEFORE making a team.

For example (http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761593334/nick_lowery.html)...

Following his senior year in college Lowery was selected in the NFL draft. He had difficulty establishing himself, however, and he played for eight different teams in his first few years in the league.

So yeah, Nick wasn't exactly a stupendous draft pick, and my point still stands.

I could not disagree with you more. Connor Barth was not good enough to beat out a scrub in the pre-season and was brought back only because we had yet another kicker fail miserably.And please show me where I posted that KC should keep Barth. I just think drafting a kicker, given all the other needs of the team, is not the best use of picks.

Go learn about football... then come back and talk to us.Go learn how to use Google ... then come back and try not to make a total ass out of yourself, n00b.

MM
~~4321

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Johnny, I guarantee you that almost everyone on this board would take my football advice over yours. That's not saying much, but you are probably the least respected football poster on here. It's that simple.Ouch. :D

Hootie
11-25-2008, 07:05 PM
People I give a fuck about: Thigpen, Croyle (3rd string whatever), Charles, LJ, Cox (I guess), Bowe, Bradley, Franklin, Gonzalez, Cottam, Waters, Taylor, Albert, McBride, Tyler, Dorsey, DJ, Carr, Flowers, Pollard (special teams), Page, Colquitt...everyone else can fuck off and be cut.

pr_capone
12-14-2008, 09:28 PM

Yeah... how you feeling about Barth now?

Missed a chip shot and choked the game winner.

KOTF FTW!!!!!!!!!

Saulbadguy
12-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I pretty much agree with the entire original post.

bigdreams1
12-14-2008, 11:07 PM
I can't say i agree with much of any of this. People always want to rebuild, but freak the hell out when we lose. The team is young deal with it. Page and Pollard both deserve there starting spots back next year. They are both playing better every year. Dujuan Morgan should eventually replace Pollard in obvious passing situations with Morgan at FS and Page at SS. MLB, OLB, and DE is all we need. Hali has proved he is a solid LE if he has someone on the other side. Why would you want to get rid of someone who had 15 1/2 sacks the last 2 years. On offense I think we should go with Thigpen and run with it. C,RG,RT all need to be replaced. Other than that WR is fine with Bowe, Bradley, and Franklin. I know im prob gonna get some slack for this, but just my opinion.

TEX
12-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Pollard needs to realize that he can't make a big hit on every play. Sometimes, he has to settle for tackling.

Pollard needs to realize that he SUCKS and throw himself off a bridge. He's not good enough to be a starter in the NFL. Shoot, he's not even good enough to make most team rosters.

dtrain
12-15-2008, 02:11 AM
Well... he got the ball there at least. Seemed ok from where I was but they were kicking to the other side of the field on that 45 yarder so it was hard to tell.

We need some serious help at LS.

Why we didnt give Gammon a call is beyond me.

The snap was terrible