PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs McDaniels & Cassel?

The Rick
11-24-2008, 10:41 AM
From everything I've heard, there's likely to be a package deal this next offseason: Josh McDaniels (current New England Patriots offensive coordinator) as head coach, Matt Cassel as starting QB for some team.

McDaniels is likely to land a head coaching gig somewhere, and Cassel is likely to land a starting QB spot somewhere. Some are saying, depending on the situation, they could both head to the same team.

Maybe Kansas City could be a good fit for both of them? What do you guys think?

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 10:42 AM
That has Detroit written all over them.

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 10:45 AM
That has Detroit written all over them.

Either Detroit or the Vikings for Cassel.

Perhaps even the Jets as an heir to Favre?

Brock
11-24-2008, 11:05 AM
I believe that Cassel will go wherever McDaniel does. I agree Minnesota would probably benefit the most from both.

Deberg_1990
Love to have McDaniels in here.

Or any other coach but Herm for that matter....

Who knows ? Sounds kind of smiliar to a Holmgrom/Hasselbeck Green Bay-Seattle thing.

DaWolf
I'd take that if it came with Pioli as GM...

Micjones
11-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I'd take that if it came with Pioli as GM...

Okay, don't get crazy.

StcChief
11-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Det or Minn seem like good choices.

DaKCMan AP
11-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm not sold on Cassel.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Cassell is not a starting caliber QB, despite what your fantasy "gurus" would tell you.

OnTheWarpath15
11-24-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm not sold on Cassel.

Just curious, what would it take to convince you?

He has almost identical numbers to Brady after 11 games.

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Cassell is not a starting caliber QB, despite what your fantasy "gurus" would tell you.

We need Detroit to think so.

CoMoChief
11-24-2008, 11:17 AM

Put him behind a different Oline and the story changes a lot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM

The fact that they should be 10-1 with the schedule they've played is a good start.

DaKCMan AP

Was anyone sold on Brady after 11 games?

If you put Thigpen behind that O-line and give him those receivers I think he puts up similar numbers.

Micjones

Exactly what I was thinking.
This guy's been SUPER efficient.

He's completing 66% of his passes, has 5 more TD's than Interceptions, is averaging better than 7 yards per completion, and has a QB Rating of 90 on the year.

What more can you expect of the guy?

OnTheWarpath15
11-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Put him behind a different Oline and the story changes a lot.

:spock:

He's been sacked more than any QB in the league - 34 times.

This is nowhere near the same OL that Brady produced almost identical numbers behind in his first 11 games.

OnTheWarpath15
11-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Exactly what I was thinking.
This guy's been SUPER efficient.

He's completing 66% of his passes, has 5 more TD's than Interceptions, is averaging better than 7 yards per completion, and has a QB Rating of 90 on the year.

What more can you expect of the guy?

He's not a Top 5 pick...

Micjones
11-24-2008, 11:22 AM

This is nowhere near the same OL that Brady produced almost identical numbers behind in his first 11 games.

Haha... My sentiments exactly.
The guy's spent a bunch of time on the ground this season.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 11:24 AM
He's not a Top 5 pick...

Same stuff we heard with Brady early on.

OnTheWarpath15
11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Same stuff we heard with Brady early on.

Yep.

The guy had to win a fucking SB to get any credit...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:27 AM

No, it's a better one with a QB who holds the ball too long.

CoMoChief
11-24-2008, 11:27 AM

Your mom. :D

Micjones
11-24-2008, 11:28 AM

Even if you believe that to be true, Brady was dumped 21 times behind the same O-Line the year prior.

Cassell has been very effective this season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Even if you believe that to be true, Brady was dumped 21 times behind the same O-Line the year prior.

Cassell has been very effective this season.

Dumped 21 times the whole season on a team that threw it 40 times a game out of 4 wide sets. Yeah, I'm sure a line of the same players all got demonstrably worse at once.

OnTheWarpath15
11-24-2008, 11:33 AM

I'm not saying he's not prone to hold on to the ball, but the Pats OL has been a revolving door this season due to injuries.

Regardless, it comes back to one thing.

People here aren't willing to give a guy credit unless he was a high pick.

He's a backup, 7th round pick that is the 8th ranked QB in the league in yardage, 11th in QB rating, and has lead his team (who the entire free world left for dead 10 minutes into the season) to a 7-4 record and a great shot at a playoff spot.

Why is is that hard to appreciate what he's done, instead of giving everyone on that team credit BUT Cassel?

OnTheWarpath15
11-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Your mom. :D

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:36 AM

I'm not saying he's not prone to hold on to the ball, but the Pats OL has been a revolving door this season due to injuries.

He's a backup, 7th round pick that is the 8th ranked QB in the league in yardage, 11th in QB rating, and has lead his team (who the entire free world left for dead 10 minutes into the season) to a 7-4 record and a great shot at a playoff spot.

Why is is that hard to appreciate what he's done, instead of giving everyone on that team credit BUT Cassel?

Because he's not a good player. He's the same guy he was three weeks ago, when everyone in New England was ready to cut bait with him. There isn't a starting QB in the league who wouldn't put up those numbers with the weapons he has on offense.

Go back and watch the tape from that NFLN game two weeks ago...he put up 400 of the least impressive passing yards you'll ever see. You can't judge a guy by his stat line.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Dumped 21 times the whole season on a team that threw it 40 times a game out of 4 wide sets. Yeah, I'm sure a line of the same players all got demonstrably worse at once.

You might wanna talk to a couple Patriot fans.
Koppen, for one, hasn't been as good in 2008.
And injuries have made for a bunch of personnel changes on the right side.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:43 AM
You might wanna talk to a couple Patriot fans.
Koppen, for one, hasn't been as good in 2008.
And injuries have made for a bunch of personnel changes on the right side.

Hochstein is a good enough player to ameliorate any deterioration/injury to Koppen

Al Bundy
11-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Because he's not a good player. He's the same guy he was three weeks ago, when everyone in New England was ready to cut bait with him. There isn't a starting QB in the league who wouldn't put up those numbers with the weapons he has on offense.

Go back and watch the tape from that NFLN game two weeks ago...he put up 400 of the least impressive passing yards you'll ever see. You can't judge a guy by his stat line.

I could name at least 5 that wouldn't.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm not sold on Cassel.

Understood. IM not sold on Brady yet either....

Demonpenz
11-24-2008, 12:36 PM
I like Mcdonalds and White Cassell

DaKCMan AP
11-24-2008, 12:40 PM

Yeah, cause Cassel has as many Super Bowl MVP's and NFL MVP's as Brady. And Cassel's done it without Randy Moss and Wes Welker like Brady did..

Brock
11-24-2008, 12:43 PM

ROFL:rolleyes:

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah, cause Cassel has as many Super Bowl MVP's and NFL MVP's as Brady. And Cassel's done it without Randy Moss and Wes Welker like Brady did..

cassell is avg, i'd rather have thiggy

talastan
11-24-2008, 12:53 PM
McDaniels yes, Cassell STFU

King_Chief_Fan
11-24-2008, 01:25 PM
McDaniels yes, Cassell STFU

we always need a good back up. Cassell for back up not starter.
Let Thiggy show his how it is done.

Brock
11-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Cassel is going to be a starter somewhere. If Matt Schaub is tradeable to a team as a starter, then Cassel sure as hell is.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 01:27 PM
The Pats have an elite system with the best WR in football to go with it...Brady is a great player but now it's obvious their system is equally as great on offense.

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Cassel is going to be a starter somewhere. If Matt Schaub is tradeable to a team as a starter, then Cassel sure as hell is.

If Schaub could stay healthy he'd be pretty good i bet

damaticous
11-24-2008, 01:41 PM
From everything I've heard, there's likely to be a package deal this next offseason: Josh McDaniels (current New England Patriots offensive coordinator) as head coach, Matt Cassel as starting QB for some team.

McDaniels is likely to land a head coaching gig somewhere, and Cassel is likely to land a starting QB spot somewhere. Some are saying, depending on the situation, they could both head to the same team.

Maybe Kansas City could be a good fit for both of them? What do you guys think?

Tell the voices in your head to wait till the end of the season to start rumors. :)

FloridaMan88
11-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Give me Scott Pioli as GM, Josh McDaniels as head coach and Matt Cassel as QB. And perhaps Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator?

pr_capone
11-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Charlie Weis?

Cassel?

no thanks

FloridaMan88
11-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Charlie Weis?

Cassel?

no thanks

You'd rather have Chan Gailey and Thigpen?

Mecca
11-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Some guys are made for college, some are made for the NFL, Weis would be welcomed back to the NFL with open arms.

BWillie
11-24-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm on board if we could some how finagle this deal. I'm not sold on Cassell either, just because it takes me 2 seasons to get "sold" on someone. Anybody can have a fluke season, but the thing with Cassell is he is getting better every single week. Which is to be expected for a guy who hasn't started a game since high school before this year.

Coaches that come from the New England system usually don't flop.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Coaches that come from the New England system usually don't flop.

Like Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis, right?

BWillie
11-24-2008, 02:23 PM

I wouldn't say Charlie Weis has flopped yet. Romeo Crennel TBA

I'd take either over Herm. Hell, I'd take a above average in intelligence chimp over herm. Anything at this point is an upgrade

Mecca
11-24-2008, 02:23 PM

AHAHAHA.......what's funny is they are so far removed offensively from what they were under Weis they were dink and dunk with him now they're a down field team.

Hootie
11-24-2008, 04:44 PM
The Pats have an elite system with the best WR in football to go with it...Brady is a great player but now it's obvious their system is equally as great on offense.

what I've said on this board all along...Peyton Manning >>>>> Tom Brady because the system made Tom Brady whereas Peyton Manning IS THE system.

The Colts would have ZERO wins with Jim Sorgi at the helm. Guaranteed.

Thig Lyfe
11-24-2008, 04:46 PM
I'd take McDaniels, but we don't need Cassel.

Hootie
11-24-2008, 04:50 PM
by the way, this thread is really funny...where I was made fun of for saying Brady was part of the system and Cassel would have won 13 games as starter last year etc...

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=179502&highlight=hootie+peyton+manning

And select posts:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4561173&postcount=35
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4561876&postcount=47
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4561913&postcount=49
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4561989&postcount=64

Mecca
11-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Well they'd obviously be better with Brady, I don't think they'd have a loss....Brady is an elite player but it's a top notch system too so it combines...

Mr. Flopnuts
11-24-2008, 04:57 PM
No thanks.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 05:22 PM
what I've said on this board all along...Peyton Manning >>>>> Tom Brady because the system made Tom Brady whereas Peyton Manning IS THE system.

The Colts would have ZERO wins with Jim Sorgi at the helm. Guaranteed.

Peyton Manning's had a Hall of Fame WR his entire career.
He had another Hall of Famer in Faulk for 5 seasons.
He had another RB, that will at least get Canton consideration, for 7 years.

Um...yeah.

kstater
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't say Charlie Weis has flopped yet. Romeo Crennel TBA

Short of USC and possibly OU, Notre Dame is the easiest place to recruit to. The fact that he's found a way to actually regress this year shows that he's flopped at ND.

kstater
11-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Peyton Manning's had a Pro Bowl WR his entire career.
Brady had shit for Receivers up until last year.

You think if Harrison had anyone other than a Manning type throwing to him, he'd be a perrenial(sp?) pro bowler?

Micjones
11-24-2008, 05:31 PM
You think if Harrison had anyone other than a Manning type throwing to him, he'd be a perrenial(sp?) pro bowler?

Uh... He wasn't exactly chopped liver before Manning got there.

the Talking Can
11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
how original

has anyone learned anything from the last 15 years of clown school in KC?

screw rebuilding with our own QB...let sign Cassell, look at stats he's totally awesome and dreamy and I'm sure the team and coaches he plays with have nothing to do with it and he'll put up the exact same stats here because that's what box scores are for like seeing stats and believing they make you smart like Carl and we can get Daniel in the 2nd which is a steal for stats like that where's my camero it has great stats too so it must be still be cool in the year 2008 right guys?

Mecca
11-24-2008, 05:37 PM
I'd only take Cassell if he's bringing Moss and Welker with him.

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 05:37 PM
how original

has anyone learned anything from the last 15 years of clown school in KC?

screw rebuilding with our own QB...let sign Cassell, look at stats he's totally awesome and dreamy and I'm sure the team and coaches he plays with have nothing to do with it and he'll put up the exact same stats here because that's what box scores are for like seeing stats and believing they make you smart like Carl and we can get Daniel in the 2nd which is a steal for stats like that where's my camero it has great stats too so it must be still be cool in the year 2008 right guys?

Did you see my thread about quarterbacks who beat us in the playoffs?

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 05:38 PM
I'd only take Cassell if he's bringing Moss and Welker with him.

Detroit would be perfect for him. Throw it up to Calvin Johnson every play.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Not that it matters, but the two best QB's this franchise has ever had were both drafted by other organizations.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Detroit would be perfect for him. Throw it up to Calvin Johnson every play.

Shush remember Bowes better than him :)

the Talking Can
Not that it matters, but the two best QB's this franchise has ever had were both drafted by other organizations.

it doesn't

Mecca

That is not something to be proud of.

the Talking Can
11-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Did you see my thread about quarterbacks who beat us in the playoffs?

no

got a link?

Micjones
11-24-2008, 05:43 PM
That is not something to be proud of.

Honestly I could give two shits where the QB comes from.
Seriously.

Would I like this organization to groom their own QB through the Draft? Absolutely.

Will anyone give a shit if the next QB to win a Superbowl with this franchise wasn't drafted by KC?
Absolutely NOT.

Micjones
11-24-2008, 05:44 PM
it doesn't

Tell that to Green Bay.

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2008, 05:44 PM
no

got a link?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197280

the Talking Can
11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Tell that to Green Bay.

ok

the Talking Can
11-24-2008, 05:50 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197280

thanks, spot on

we haven't shot the wad on a top QB since The-Guy-We-Drafted-Not-Named-Marino...

this is the best chance we've had since then, and there is payer worthy of the pick available....it is time for the True Fans to suck it up, stop crying, put in their binkys, buy more tampons, and just do it...

say goodbye to 15 years of fear, stupidity, and incompetence...kill Carl-ism...

Hootie
11-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Peyton Manning's had a Hall of Fame WR his entire career.
He had another Hall of Famer in Faulk for 5 seasons.
He had another RB, that will at least get Canton consideration, for 7 years.

Um...yeah.

He had Faulk for ONE year, his rookie year...

And if you don't think Peyton Manning was a big reason Edge was so successful in Indianapolis you're crazy...

And my Marvin Harrison take...he is a great receiver...Manning's work ethic really rubbed off on Marvin and made him truly special...Kennison went one pick in front of Harrison in the draft...if they flip flop and Kennison goes to Indianapolis, I bet Kennison would be considered a first ballot hall of famer as well...

Brady and Manning make the players around them better, no doubt...but Peyton has NEVER had anything close to a Randy Moss. Randy Moss makes Tom Brady better, no question about it.

A motivated Randy Moss is the most dangerous weapon in the NFL.

Hootie
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
everyone thinks Brady is so amazing because he had the best year ever last year...and that's not even true. Manning had a much better season in 2004 than Brady had last season...and he did it in 15 games (and 1 garbage series when they were already clinched, and they didn't run up the scores, and they didn't call 1st and goal from the 1 play-action passes like they were going out of style) and he had a better QB rating...

Peyton Manning rarely ever takes a sack and his offensive line is average at best...I don't care what anyone says...there is no way (and I don't have proof because I never watched the old school QB's play) anyone has ever played this position as good as Peyton Manning...he's the complete package...amazing size, great arm, amazingly quick release, great feet, great pocket awareness, great leadership, true student of the game...the Brady argument is ridiculous.

The Bad Guy
11-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Shush remember Bowes better than him :)

Now you're just trolling.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dwayne Bowe. Why do you have to compare every freaking good player we have with someone else's good player?

I love your takes on this board, but why nitpick about bullshit?

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 07:23 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dwayne Bowe. Why do you have to compare every freaking good player we have with someone else's good player?

Bowe needs to stop doing his Braylon Edwards impersonation this year. He is a stud though, i just wish he'd stop dropping the ball

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Bowe needs to stop doing his Braylon Edwards impersonation this year. He is a stud though, i just wish he'd stop dropping the ball

all the guys who have lots of drops also have lots of throws going their way.

Hootie
11-24-2008, 07:25 PM

he's young...I'm ok with drops as long as he makes up for them when he needs to...T.O. consistently is at the top of the league in drops but he makes up for it by playing hard and making big plays (minus the prima donna act)

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 07:25 PM
all the guys who have lots of drops also have lots of throws going their way.

No excuse, he drops some of the easiest shit in the game, i see it way too often when we need a catch.

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 07:27 PM
No excuse, he drops some of the easiest shit in the game, i see it way too often when we need a catch.

then he makes the tough grab, EVERY #1 wr does it, name me one who doesnt

Brock
11-24-2008, 07:28 PM
everyone thinks Brady is so amazing because he had the best year ever last year...and that's not even true. Manning had a much better season in 2004 than Brady had last season...and he did it in 15 games (and 1 garbage series when they were already clinched, and they didn't run up the scores, and they didn't call 1st and goal from the 1 play-action passes like they were going out of style) and he had a better QB rating...

I thought Brady was amazing back when he was winning super bowls with guys like what's his name at RB and that one guy at WR. Things like TD pass records are nice, but he has come through in the clutch in the playoffs more often than not. Better than Manning? No, but it isn't the stretch you seem to think.

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 07:35 PM
then he makes the tough grab, EVERY #1 wr does it, name me one who doesnt

I agree there but id like better hands out of the guy, he is capable of doing it. Its microscoped when he is our only WR threat basically

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
I thought Brady was amazing back when he was winning super bowls with guys like what's his name at RB and that one guy at WR. Things like TD pass records are nice, but he has come through in the clutch in the playoffs more often than not. Better than Manning? No, but it isn't the stretch you seem to think.

Brady is a great QB, so is Peyton i'd hope our future QB turns out to be like those guys in the clutch

Hootie
11-24-2008, 07:39 PM
all I'm saying is...

Brady is a great QB...the Belichick factor turned him into a great QB...the Super Bowl and the confidence and the love of the fans gave him a swagger and he became GREAT...the same thing will happen to Cassel in that system if Brady can't come back.

Peyton Manning would have been a great QB for any team that drafted him...would Brady have? I say absolutely not. If he was drafted by just about anyone other than the Patriots, we probably wouldn't even know he existed...other than some guy who split snaps with the bust Drew Henson his senior year at Michigan.

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I agree there but id like better hands out of the guy, he is capable of doing it. Its microscoped when he is our only WR threat basically

i too, would like him to catch everything that comes his way, but that isnt really feasible

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Brady is a great QB, so is Peyton i'd hope our future QB turns out to be like those guys in the clutch

thats the thing with thigpen, when we go for it on fourth down he usually gets it one way or another, now some are gonna throw out the 2 pt failure. to that i wall say the play call was ignorant. reason being? the exact same play was called a couple of plays before with bad results, why call that again when they have showed they will sit on the bootleg?

Mecca
11-24-2008, 08:05 PM

Oh don't take me seriously on that that's why I put the smiley, I like Bowe, I do remember the few saying be was better than Calvin during their rookie seasons.

Bowe is always going to drop balls he always has going back years, it's just something you live with knowing it will happen more than it should.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2008, 08:40 PM

To be fair. They showed a list of the top 5 in drops and Calvin Johnson was up there as well. He had almost as many as Bowe.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Give me Scott Pioli as GM, Josh McDaniels as head coach and Matt Cassel as QB. And perhaps Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator?

Isn't this the dumbass who has resurfaced bashing pretty much what he asked for in 2008? :hmmm:

Brock
09-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Isn't this the dumbass who has resurfaced bashing pretty much what he asked for in 2008? :hmmm:

Yep. He doesn't respond to any of it when you bring it up though.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM

http://operatorchan.org/n/arch/src/n46903_son-i-am-disappoint.jpg

oldandslow
09-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Yep...

But to be honest, Hamas owned this thread.

Maybe he should get a job in the front office.

Halfcan
09-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Either Detroit or the Vikings for Cassel.

Perhaps even the Jets as an heir to Favre?

i would take Favre in a heartbeat over Cassel-at least he would be able to throw it more than 10 yards.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm shocked there was one point in time that OTWP defended Cassel.

Thig Lyfe
09-21-2011, 12:42 PM
we don't need Cassel.

NAILED IT!

(DO NOT READ THE OTHER PART OF THE POST PLEASE)

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm shocked there was one point in time that OTWP defended Cassel.I missed this thread. I'm not even sure what to say about his comments regarding Cassel.

OnTheWarpath15
09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm shocked there was one point in time that OTWP defended Cassel.

I missed this thread. I'm not even sure what to say about his comments regarding Cassel.

Notice that NOWHERE in those comments did I say I wanted him here.

At the time, he was worthy of defending. Patriots fans thought their season was over the minute Brady's knee exploded. Cassel at least gave them a chance.

Now, had I said I wanted him here, and that he deserved to be a starter here and be given a $60M contract, you'd have a point.

Defending him as a backup and member of the New England Patriots does not equal wanting him here, and my posts once the possibility became stronger reflects that.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2011, 01:39 PM

At the time, he was worthy of defending. Patriots fans thought their season was over the minute Brady's knee exploded. Cassel at least gave them a chance.

Now, had I said I wanted him here, and that he deserved to be a starter here and be given a $60M contract, you'd have a point.

Defending him as a backup and member of the New England Patriots does not equal wanting him here, and my posts once the possibility became stronger reflects that.DAMAGE CONTROL! :D

loochy
09-21-2011, 02:21 PM

Defending him as a backup and member of the New England Patriots does not equal wanting him here, and my posts once the possibility became stronger reflects that.

OTWP and Cassel
sittin' in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
first comes love
then comes marriage
then comes 3 interceptions and a fumble

FloridaMan88
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM

We were in the middle of the Herm/Carl fiasco... anything appeared to be an upgrade at that point.

2008 was a long time ago... that was 2 "I quits" ago for Urban Meyer.

FloridaMan88
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM

Yeah this statement doesn't look dumb 3 years later... NOT.

Comparing Cassel to Schaub?

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
We were in the middle of the Herm/Carl fiasco... anything appeared to be an upgrade at that point.

2008 was a long time ago... that was 2 "I quits" ago for Urban Meyer.

Funny. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2011, 04:19 PM

Comparing Cassel to Schaub?LMAO Are you seriously calling someone else out in this thread?

WhiteWhale
09-21-2011, 06:16 PM
This thread is hilarious!

Here is what I thought of Cassel prior and immediately after joining the KC Chiefs.

When rumors of us bringing in Cassel started in December, so about the exact same time this thread popped up.. long before the very idea started pissing me off:

Cassel plays on a stacked offense that set all kinds of records last season.

I don't think he'll have near this kind of success anywhere else he plays.

When someone claimed Pioli knew better:

I think Pioli has a biased opinion.

I told Pats fans they could win 10 or 11 games with a below average QB because the offense was stacked. I stand by that. Cassel is average at best.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but nothing about the kid impresses me. He's not Len Dawson. He's not a great QB or hidden Gem. He's an average QB who stepped into a totally stacked cast and played solid but not great.

My initial reaction when the trade went down:

:rolleyes: Awesome.

Now we have 2 average to below average QB's.

I'd rather take Sanchez than Cassel. We better win, because I'm not impressed with Pioli and Haley's first off-season even a little.

A post mocking Cassel's stats, and featuring a comment that a lot of people got on me for:

I liked the stats.

Cassel's star studded offense did most of the work for him. That's why Brady had a QB rating of one million with the same cast.

Damon Huard could have done what Cassel did in NE last year. I won't back down from that either.

I never understood it. Damon Huard put up BETTER stats on a WORSE team. The guy was better than Cassel, and I never have backed down from that. Cassel sucks, and he sucked before KC stupidly gave him a ton of money for that suckage.

The dumbest thing I said was that I thought Cassel was average. He wishes.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Based on what Cassel did in 08, I was fine with the trade.

I supported him until Charles started going off late in the 09 season. If you can't be effective behind a good running game, you have no business starting.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I never understood it. Damon Huard put up BETTER stats on a WORSE team. The guy was better than Cassel, and I never have backed down from that. Cassel sucks, and he sucked before KC stupidly gave him a ton of money for that suckage.

Have you seen Matt Cassel play? He's like a rookie Damon Huard.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4977829&postcount=7

FloridaMan88
09-21-2011, 09:09 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4977829&postcount=7

Yeah its not like you have ever said anything dumb before...

See your jacking off to Teblow...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7828354&postcount=78

Because he's a Donk. Despite disagreeing with his religious/social views and his desire to preach them to others, he's a very hardworking, motivated guy who is a natural leader. When Denver cuts him and he goes to any team not named Raiders or Chargers, then sure I'd like to see him succeed.

I am surprised that you are taking such a defensive tone with Teblow given that you should be used to Florida QB's sucking ass in the NFL.

Shane Matthews? Danny Awful? Rex Grossman?

Your online orgies with Teblow are 100 times more stupid than anything posted back in 2008 on this thread.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah its not like you have ever said anything dumb before...

See your jacking off to Teblow...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7828354&postcount=78

I am surprised that you are taking such a defensive tone with Teblow given that you should be used to Florida QB's sucking ass in the NFL.

Shane Matthews? Danny Awful? Rex Grossman?

Your online orgies with Teblow are 100 times more stupid than anything posted back in 2008 on this thread.

LMAO

Not only are you moronic in your own views, you can't even construct a solid insult.

kysirsoze
09-21-2011, 09:46 PM
This thread is hilarious!

Here is what I thought of Cassel prior and immediately after joining the KC Chiefs.

When rumors of us bringing in Cassel started in December, so about the exact same time this thread popped up.. long before the very idea started pissing me off:

When someone claimed Pioli knew better:

My initial reaction when the trade went down:

A post mocking Cassel's stats, and featuring a comment that a lot of people got on me for:

The dumbest thing I said was that I thought Cassel was average. He wishes.

Those were all posts by The_Jonas, not you. That's actually the name of my mult.

I OWNED THIS THREAD.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I stand by my prior statements.

listopencil
09-22-2011, 01:35 AM
This kind of thread is always fun to dig up. Don't feel bad if you look foolish in hindsight. I didn't think Bowlen was active enough in our organization to actually fire Shanny. And then, when he hired an 11 year old member of the New England Jr High School Audio Visual Club to run our team, I thought he would put a few old guys in the FO to add stability instead of handing him the keys and walking away...again.

FloridaMan88
09-22-2011, 05:00 AM
LMAO

Not only are you moronic in your own views, you can't even construct a solid insult.

This coming from someone pimping Teblow.

Enough said.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

DaKCMan AP
09-22-2011, 06:13 AM
This coming from someone pimping Teblow.

Enough said.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

I understand that you reside in an alternate reality from the rest of us, occupied only by fellow nimrods such as duhneese and knowmo, but stating that Tebow is hard working, motivated, and a leader doesn't equate to 'pimping' him.

Cassel is also hard working and motivated (notice the intentional non-mention of leadership). That doesn't mean I want him as my QB, which you did. The whole thing. LMAO

I know you're special-ed, but you're even dumber than you look.

FloridaMan88
09-22-2011, 12:31 PM
I understand that you reside in an alternate reality from the rest of us, occupied only by fellow nimrods such as duhneese and knowmo, but stating that Tebow is hard working, motivated, and a leader doesn't equate to 'pimping' him.

Cassel is also hard working and motivated (notice the intentional non-mention of leadership). That doesn't mean I want him as my QB, which you did. The whole thing. LMAO

I know you're special-ed, but you're even dumber than you look.

Teblow is a "hard working" "motivated" "leader" that is a first round BUST.

If Teblow was any other first round draft pick he would be called what he is... a BUST.

And what exactly is he good at "leading" as an NFL QB? The practice squad?

Time to take your head out of Teblow's holy water ass and call a spade a spade... the guy is an NFL BUST.

And on the subject of Teblow's supposed Jesus-like religious glow... apparently that didn't rub off on his Florida team-mates given that half the team was arrested or got in trouble with the law during his time there.

I think the word FRAUD best describes Teblow.

Brock
09-22-2011, 01:30 PM

Comparing Cassel to Schaub?

I compared their tradeability for sure. At that time, Schaub had played in fewer games and had proven a lot less than Cassel had. In any case, I admit I've made a lot of dumb statements about Cassel and other things. The difference is, I don't run away from them like you do. Before Pioli was hired, you were all over his nuts, and then when he did come here, it was all "Fat Scott blah blah blah" as if you never had any other opinion about him. You're a joke.