PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you take McNabb in Kansas City?

Hermcock
11-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Assume the following, the Detroit Lions get the first overall pick and all signs point towards them drafting Georgia's Matthew Stafford.

In that case, would you welcome a trade for Donovan McNabb if the price is reasonable. The New York Jets got Brett Favre for a conditional fourth round pick and look at the immediate impact he has had on that club.

Since McNabb is younger, the price will be higher, but if the Chiefs can land McNabb for a third (round pick) and a fifth, would you do it?

OnTheWarpath15
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
:shake:

Thig Lyfe
11-24-2008, 06:22 PM
He would be a perfectly serviceable backup to Tyler Thigpen.

evolve27
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd rather have Kevin Kolb.

HemiEd
11-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Fuck NO!

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Where is the "WTF am I thinking to even consider such a stupid fucking idea"?

Jesus McCrybaby is a freaking worthless joke....

kstater
11-24-2008, 06:26 PM
JFC

StcChief
11-24-2008, 06:27 PM
:shake:ROFL so McNabb is being shopped around. Eagles would fleece us for low draft picks...ROFL

Not even Clark/Peterson would do this unless DRUNK

el borracho
11-24-2008, 06:32 PM
No, I'm not interested in trading anything for McNabb.

Psyko Tek
11-24-2008, 06:38 PM
can he rush a passer?

KCChiefsMan
11-24-2008, 06:40 PM
maybe 10 years ago

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 06:44 PM
He'll be a Bear or a Viking likely

the Talking Can
11-24-2008, 06:45 PM
no, of course not

Mr. Laz
11-24-2008, 07:08 PM
if he's cheap ..... sure

but i would still draft a Day 1 type Quarterback

McNabb
Thigpen
Stafford

lineup works for me

MahiMike
11-24-2008, 07:14 PM
He would be a perfectly serviceable backup to Tyler Thigpen.

Exactly my thoughts. He'd have to agree to be a backup which is doubtful.

Bowser
11-24-2008, 07:17 PM
No.

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 07:21 PM
silly silly thread

The Franchise
11-24-2008, 07:59 PM
if he's cheap ..... sure

McNabb
Thigpen
Stafford

lineup works for me

That's an assload of money for two QBs.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 08:01 PM
if he's cheap ..... sure

McNabb
Thigpen
Stafford

lineup works for me

Why would you draft a stud QB then bury him on the depth chart behind a washup trash can, a unproven kid out of Carolina?

That would be typical Chiefs though... Problem is Stafford has more talent than McNabb and Thigpen combined could ever dream of....

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Why would you draft a stud QB then bury him on the depth chart behind a washup trash can, a unproven kid out of Carolina?

That would be typical Chiefs though... Problem is Stafford has more talent than McNabb and Thigpen combined could ever dream of....

wow you are dissing a guy who's been to one SB and 4 NFC champ games, and a guy who has elevated our offense tremendously for a guy who's never done anything in the nfl, hell he hasnt blown college's doors off

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 08:06 PM
wow you are dissing a guy who's been to one SB and 4 NFC champ games, and a guy who has elevated our offense tremendously for a guy who's never done anything in the nfl, hell he hasnt blown college's doors off

Just to piss people off......

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Just to piss people off......

ok then BTW i wasnt pissed i just think it's funny how some want to bash a guy who has given this sad team his all....

Mecca
11-24-2008, 08:08 PM
I've seen tons of guys who give their all who weren't talented or didn't belong in the NFL, just being an underdog that tries hard isn't enough....this fan base loves to latch onto those guys, the Marc Boerigters, Boomer Grigbsy and so forth.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2008, 08:10 PM
ok then BTW i wasnt pissed i just think it's funny how some want to bash a guy who has given this sad team his all....

I am not bothered by the possiblity of Thigpen leading this team.. IF we surround him with an OL and remove Herm.

The McNabb thing is just flat out pathetic, He is washed out and up... Thanks but no freaking way... He makes me sick...

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I've seen tons of guys who give their all who weren't talented or didn't belong in the NFL, just being an underdog that tries hard isn't enough....this fan base loves to latch onto those guys, the Marc Boerigters, Boomer Grigbsy and so forth.

but yet he has played well, has talent, strong arm.... shit you are still beating this fucking horse? so you relate what thigpen has done to what grigsby did? wow you are making yourself look pretty stupid and petty on this issue. you should do what i told TW, just stick with saying you dont like the guy

Hydrae

SIPPIOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!111!!!!ONEONE!!!!!

SAUTO
I am not bothered by the possiblity of Thigpen leading this team.. IF we surround him with an OL and remove Herm.

The McNabb thing is just flat out pathetic, He is washed out and up... Thanks but no freaking way... He makes me sick...

oh yeah agreed, thats why i called this a silly silly thread

Hermcock
11-24-2008, 08:15 PM

Stafford is more attractive than McNabb because of his youth and upside, but lets not get carried away here. McNabb can chuck the ball over 70 yards in the air and can improvise as well as any QB. McNabb doesn't lack talent. He might be the most gifted QB in the NFL physically. McNabb's shortcomings have always been what's going on between his ears.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 08:15 PM
SIPPIOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!111!!!!ONEONE!!!!!

That's a good one....

How many people after Marc Boerigter caught some TD's he was going to be a starting WR for the Chiefs? There were alot of those....

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2008, 08:16 PM

12 TD's the last 5 weeks isn't showing talent? Alrighty then.

Mr. Laz
11-24-2008, 08:18 PM

because you can move the stud Quarterback up the draft chart as soon as he's ready instead of when you HAVE to.

McNabb starts the first year with a viable backup in Thigpen if McNabb has injury issues again.

Stafford does whatever he's capable of ... whenever capable of it.

nearly perfect situation

Mecca
11-24-2008, 08:18 PM
12 TD's the last 5 weeks isn't showing talent? Alrighty then.

Boerigter once had an 8 TD season right?

I still don't think he can succeed in a pro set which is an issue, it's not now because the team is so bad they just are trying to move the ball, when you aren't so bad and you have to beat good teams then it's an issue.

Mr. Laz
11-24-2008, 08:19 PM
That's an assload of money for two QBs.
well worth the money if you can successfully develop Stafford

we wouldn't have signing bonus tied up in McNabb so we can trade or cut McNabb anytime we want

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:19 PM

I still don't think he can succeed in a pro set which is an issue, it's not now because the team is so bad they just are trying to move the ball, when you aren't so bad and you have to beat good teams then it's an issue.

yes then he BLEW OUT HIS KNEE, never was the same after.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 08:20 PM
He also lacked some talent....but hey that's that.

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:21 PM

but if its moving the ball (your words) why does it matter? yesterday redzone under center playaction pass TG TD right? he's getting more accustomed to playing with the big boys.

Hydrae
11-24-2008, 08:22 PM
well worth the money if you can successfully develop Stafford

we wouldn't have signing bonus tied up in McNabb so we can trade or cut McNabb anytime we want

Just curious, what makes any Chiefs fan think that we can develop any QB? I don't think you can say that a QB has been developed in KC ever. At least not with a straight face.

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:22 PM
He also lacked some talent....but hey that's that.

come on man he was a FAST motherfucker, i went to many games when he was here and he always seemed to be the fastest guy on the field, pre knee injury

Mecca
11-24-2008, 08:23 PM
but if its moving the ball (your words) why does it matter? yesterday redzone under center playaction pass TG TD right? he's getting more accustomed to playing with the big boys.

Do you think the offense the Chiefs are using right now would win a playoff game...that is a simple question.

Hermcock
11-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Just curious, what makes any Chiefs fan think that we can develop any QB? I don't think you can say that a QB has been developed in KC ever. At least not with a straight face.

Len Dawson. Bill Kenney.

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:24 PM

do you not think thigpen is developing? even with a qb coach not qualified to coach preschool qbs? the guy came here to help with clock management

Hydrae
11-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Len Dawson. Bill Kenney.

Ok, in the last 30 years. Or within the lifetime of a current player on our roster for that matter.

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Do you think the offense the Chiefs are using right now would win a playoff game...that is a simple question.

yes, why not? we've played teams that are avg the top half of the league in defense and done pretty well.

Hydrae
11-24-2008, 08:25 PM
do you not think thigpen is developing? even with a qb coach not qualified to coach preschool qbs? the guy came here to help with clock management

Much too early to tell. There is getting comfortable in playing at this level and then there is developing (learning new skills and ways to apply current skills).

Mr. Laz
11-24-2008, 08:26 PM

well that's a completely different question

and i still maintain that having Stafford behind a veteran quarterback increases his chance of success than just learning from Dick Curl.

you can NEVER have too many Quarterbacks .... they are gold, just like pitchers in baseball.

you can always trade a good quarterback

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:26 PM

also funny how you said that he couldnt perform in a proset, i gave an example you deflect and change the subjectROFL you're great

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Much too early to tell. There is getting comfortable in playing at this level and then there is developing (learning new skills and ways to apply current skills).

every week he does more and more. watch him and see

Hydrae
11-24-2008, 08:29 PM
every week he does more and more. watch him and see

Wish I could. I work on Sundays and do not live in the KC area so the games are not on tv here. I am taking next Sunday off to go to the bar with my Raider fan sister. Should be a fun time seeing which team is worse off at the moment.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I wonder if Jason is actually Tyler Thigpen.

SAUTO
11-24-2008, 08:34 PM
I wonder if Jason is actually Tyler Thigpen.

no AND i started out hating him just like you(after atlanta) still i wanted him to play over huard. but unlike you i can see what he's been doing and appreciate the fact. he's young and growing, give the guy a chance.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Can we lighten up just a bit it was a joke.

Bwana
11-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Not even for a visit. Fuck McNubb

Rain Man
11-24-2008, 09:15 PM
I've always liked McNabb. If we were a team like the '92 Chiefs, I'd sign him in a heartbeat. If we were a team on the rise and had no quarterback prospects (see Week 4 of this year), he's probably got five years left and I'd sign him if I thought we were going to make a run in five years.

As it stands now, keep Thigpen and/or draft a franchise quarterback instead.

Halfcan
11-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Mcflabb did not understand how Overtime works-thats what we need a dumbfug QB to match our Dumbfug Owner, GM and Coach.

warrior
11-24-2008, 10:44 PM
No we already have Herm

11-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Oh HELL no!!!

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Im sure Carl and Herm will convince our dipshit owner that Mcnabb will save the franchise i mean their jobs

boogblaster
11-25-2008, 12:25 AM
McHubb is a hell NO ...

BigRock
11-25-2008, 01:25 AM
McNabb's going to get cut, there would be no need to trade for him.

Raiderhater
11-25-2008, 01:30 AM
I don't like the poll options. Where is the just plain "no" option? I don't want any more old retread gap stoppers. Thigpen may or may not be the guy, but at least he is someone we have a possibilty of building a future with due to his age.

blueballs
11-25-2008, 02:08 AM
I've never got the impression McNabb has retarded
which is what he would have to be to come to KC

JuicesFlowing
11-25-2008, 02:32 AM
I don't want a veteran QB to be starting for the Chiefs ... they need to get a long-term solution, whether it's Thigpen or whoever. We need a veteran as a backup, but not McNabb.

Direckshun
11-25-2008, 02:49 AM
I don't understand that hatin' on Thigpen.

I understand your misgivings and concerns, especially that he's not excelling right now in a "true" NFL offense. That's fair, but why the complete bankrupcy of hope? He's performed well enough to warrant hope.

JOhn
11-25-2008, 02:54 AM
I don't want a veteran QB to be starting for the Chiefs ... they need to get a long-term solution, whether it's Thigpen or whoever. We need a veteran as a backup, but not McNabb.

I would take him as a backup, but would be afraid at the first rough spot they would start him. Then we would be right back to the retread QB situation again.

Hootie
11-25-2008, 04:58 AM
if he's cheap ..... sure

McNabb
Thigpen
Stafford

lineup works for me

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-25-2008, 05:06 AM

I understand your misgivings and concerns, especially that he's not excelling right now in a "true" NFL offense. That's fair, but why the complete bankrupcy of hope? He's performed well enough to warrant hope.

Hope shouldn't dissuade you from taking a prospect as rare as Matt Stafford. It's a recipe for disaster.

JOhn
11-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Hope shouldn't dissuade you from taking a prospect as rare as Matt Stafford. It's a recipe for disaster.

True, but the Chiefs cook book, seems to be all about recipes for disaster.

PhillyChiefFan
11-25-2008, 06:19 AM
The man is INJURY PRONE. He brought Jeff Garcia back from the dead and got him a fat ol contract with TB.

The Vikings/Bears/Texans/Panthers/Titans probably will look at him.

SAUTO
11-25-2008, 08:05 AM

how can ANY of you guarantee that the "spread" wont catch on in the nfl?

El Jefe
11-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Two words for if I wan't McNabb..........HELL NO..............

King_Chief_Fan
11-25-2008, 08:44 AM
simply NO....

gblowfish
11-25-2008, 09:46 AM
We've had enough cast off QBs from other teams. We need to find our own guy and develop him. KC will never ever win until they develop a QB.

alpha_omega
11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
No.

There should be a straight "No" choice on the poll.
I am still unsure what we have with Thigpen, but either way...."No" to McNabb.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 09:53 AM
I would take him as long as we learns the nfl rulebook

CoMoChief
11-25-2008, 09:55 AM
if he's cheap ..... sure

McNabb
Thigpen
Stafford

lineup works for me

I'll fucking shoot myself if we take a top 5 pick and have him be 3rd on the depth chart.

Say no to QB for now unless it's a later round pick - a spread Offense kinda guy.

It makes no sense to have a top5 pick sit on the fucking bench like that. DO you really wanna be in a rebuilding stage 3-4 yrs from now??

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:17 AM
A known name like Mcnabb could spart the crowds to arrowhead after the construction is done

Rausch
11-25-2008, 10:23 AM
A known name like Mcnabb could spart the crowds to arrowhead after the construction is done

Inventing words to support your argument does not make it more valid...

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:26 AM
I think people would come out if we had mcnabb. Right now alot of the casuel fans don't know who thigpen is. Mcnabb would really bring out the media attention.

Brock
11-25-2008, 10:27 AM
McNabb is awful.

Sure-Oz
11-25-2008, 10:34 AM
We'd be fucked in OT with Mcnabb

crazycoffey
11-25-2008, 10:51 AM
where's the "WTF is wrong with you for starting a thread like this, you should go choke yourself on a homeless man's cock." option?

jAZ
11-25-2008, 11:23 AM
In years past, I'd say hell yes. Not this year though. Rebuild baby, rebuild!

chiefsngop
11-25-2008, 03:33 PM

Whoa ! Hey I like Stafford, I hope like hell we get him.

But I remember Ryan Leaf too, the best of intentions can wash up in the NFL for unknown football god reasons. To say he has more talent than a proven NFL QB and another NFL QB that's putting up stats is going way out on a limb.

But is McNabb the answer, NO. We definetly don't give up draft picks for McNabb, that's the old Carl Peterson way & we have to leave that in the past.

The option I'd choose in the poll, though it wasn't offered so I abstained, is draft a solid QB & let him and Tyler Thigpen duke it out for the starting spot. That gives us depth, competition, and an insurance policy.

The 4th option was probably closest to my opinion, but I'm not gonna say No Thigpen's not the guy. If we draft good QB and Thiggy wins the competition in camp and PS then, well...... he is the guy.