PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Playstation 3 for $249

11-25-2008, 05:59 AM
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=gbpsc150

Not a bad deal at all.

Kind of wish I had held out now. Bigger HDD and $50 cheaper.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-25-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm glad I got the 80gb with backwards compatibility though. The new PS3 will not play older games.

88TG88
11-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Damn, I was gonna jump all over that. The last thing I need is more credit cards.

Buck
11-25-2008, 07:16 PM
If I didn't already have 7 Credit Cards at the Age of 22, then I would jump all over this and sell it for a Profit.

I think If I even open another Credit Card offer that comes in the mail, my credit is going to go to shit.

Not that I don't pay on time, never missed a payment, but it cant be a good thing to have all these cards open.

11-25-2008, 07:19 PM
If I didn't already have 7 Credit Cards at the Age of 22, then I would jump all over this and sell it for a Profit.

I think If I even open another Credit Card offer that comes in the mail, my credit is going to go to shit.

Not that I don't pay on time, never missed a payment, but it cant be a good thing to have all these cards open.Actually, having credit doesnt' hurt you. closing credit will though. As long as you pay your bills on time and never miss a payment you are fine. If you pay your balance off in full is even better.

Mr. Plow
11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Sucks that you have to open a credit card to get it.

CrazyPhuD
11-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Still prefer my 60GB one but not a bad deal if you want a bluray player.

11-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Sucks that you have to open a credit card to get it.Yeah, I didn't like that aspect of it either when I purchased mine last June. I'm happy though.

Wa-Z
11-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Cancel the card after you get it...

11-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Cancel the card after you get it...That will only hurt your credit. having the card won't hurt you.

CrazyPhuD
11-26-2008, 07:07 PM
That will only hurt your credit. having the card won't hurt you.

Actually that's not true. While canceling your card will raise your debt to credit ratio which can hurt your credit(but depending upon how much debt you carry it might not too), having too much debt open will also affect your ability to get loans. For instance when you get a new car loan they figure your ability to pay back that loan but also the what if you maxed your existing lines of credit, could you still pay it back then. Depending upon how much available credit you have it can impact your ability to get future loans. So having it open or closed may be a relative wash.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-26-2008, 07:19 PM

Not that I don't pay on time, never missed a payment, but it cant be a good thing to have all these cards open.

It does matter only in regards to your debt to income ratio. How much you owe vs. how much you make. If your 7 cards have a zero balance, your credit is great. And vice versa. However, your available credit adding up to more than you make is a warning sign to banks.

11-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Actually that's not true. While canceling your card will raise your debt to credit ratio which can hurt your credit(but depending upon how much debt you carry it might not too), having too much debt open will also affect your ability to get loans. For instance when you get a new car loan they figure your ability to pay back that loan but also the what if you maxed your existing lines of credit, could you still pay it back then. Depending upon how much available credit you have it can impact your ability to get future loans. So having it open or closed may be a relative wash. read below

It does matter only in regards to your debt to income ratio. How much you owe vs. how much you make. If your 7 cards have a zero balance, your credit is great. And vice versa. However, your available credit adding up to more than you make is a warning sign to banks.

Mr. Plow
11-26-2008, 07:53 PM
On top of that, having a bunch of credit inquiries hurts your credit.

Hootie
11-26-2008, 07:54 PM
credit is for pussies...I keep all of my money in a corona bucket

11-26-2008, 08:06 PM
On top of that, having a bunch of credit inquiries hurts your credit.Only if you have them in waves. One or two per year don't affect you.

Mr. Plow
11-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Only if you have them in waves. One or two per year don't affect you.

Ya, that's what I meant. Opening, or having people looking at your credit 5+ times in a year doesn't look good.

11-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Ya, that's what I meant. Opening, or having people looking at your credit 5+ times in a year doesn't look good.Completely agreed.