PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs At least the Browns owner cares...

CanadaKC
11-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Per ESPN..has put Crennel and Savage on notice after what he deemed a humiliating defeat at home to the Texans. They only lost 16-6. But he says he's committed to winning..and wants Browns fans to know that. Maybe CHunt can learn at thing or two after we were destroyed at home as well...

blueballs
11-25-2008, 01:25 PM
What
That Warring Blender as a wedding gift means nothing now
blenders and care packages will not be forgotten

CoMoChief
11-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah......too bad ours is a Sissie nanny soccer lover and could give a shit about the Chiefs. He's in it strictly for the business side of it (profitting $40-50M a yr) and nothing else.

As long as that happens, Carl stays, etc.....

CoMoChief
11-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Im gonna love it when the new Arrowhead contructions are completed and NO ONE is going to want to pony up the dough for those new seats etc, only to watch Carl go down in flames!!!! Theyre gonna raise ticket prices again, the ecomony is shit, blackouts will happen, and the new Arrowhead will be a ghost town just like in the mid 80's

blueballs
11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
If it's okay to throw money at FA
it's okay to throw money at concession stands

OnTheWarpath15
11-25-2008, 01:36 PM
If the Browns owner cared, he would have fired Crennel and Savage, instead of just putting them "on notice" to appease the fans...

Publicly threatening these guys jobs solves nothing - all it does is make the owner look like he gives a shit to fans that don't know any better.

CoMoChief
11-25-2008, 01:38 PM
If the Browns owner cared, he would have fired Crennel and Savage, instead of just putting them "on notice" to appease the fans...

Publicly threatening these guys jobs solves nothing - all it does is make the owner look like he gives a shit to fans that don't know any better.

And the Hunts have done.......................................(churp churp)

Donger
11-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Under a dead Ohio sky, Eleven has been and will be waiting.

OnTheWarpath15
11-25-2008, 01:40 PM
And the Hunts have done.......................................(churp churp)

True. And Clark SHOULD clean house.

But you're missing the point.

Publicly threatening the coach and GM's jobs isn't going to make them a better team - it solves nothing.

As an owner, if you're unhappy with their performance, fire their asses.

But don't make threatening comments in the media that serve no purpose other than to get some dumbass fans on your side...

Brock
11-25-2008, 01:46 PM
"Do better or be fired" shouldn't even need to be said. It should be pretty obvious.

OnTheWarpath15
11-25-2008, 01:47 PM
"Do better or be fired" shouldn't even need to be said. It should be pretty obvious.

Exactly.

DaneMcCloud
11-25-2008, 01:53 PM
After a decade he finally cares? Wow, I'm impressed :rolleyes:

The blame for their mess lies squarely on the shoulders of the owner. The Carmen Policy/Dwight Clark fiasco netted them absolutely zero talent half a decade.

Phil Savage has done a remarkable job of putting together a very talented football team in a short time. Crennel hasn't been able to produce on the field.

Their next coach should be able to field a consistent winner, if they pick the "right" guy.

Deberg_1990
11-25-2008, 01:54 PM
As an owner, if you're unhappy with their performance, fire their asses.

But don't make threatening comments in the media that serve no purpose other than to get some dumbass fans on your side...

He almost certainly will when the year is over.

OnTheWarpath15
11-25-2008, 01:55 PM
After a decade he finally cares? Wow, I'm impressed :rolleyes:

The blame for their mess lies squarely on the shoulders of the owner. The Carmen Policy/Dwight Clark fiasco netted them absolutely zero talent half a decade.

Phil Savage has done a remarkable job of putting together a very talented football team in a short time. Crennel hasn't been able to produce on the field.

Their next coach should be able to field a consistent winner, if they pick the "right" guy.

Personally, I hope Savage is fired.

It makes it even harder for Clark to hang on to Carl with one more solid GM candidate unemployed.

Mecca
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM

It makes it even harder for Clark to hang on to Carl with one more solid GM candidate unemployed.

I wonder if he'd tell the owner to fuck off after being fired like he did that fan.

OnTheWarpath15
11-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I wonder if he'd tell the owner to fuck off after being fired like he did that fan.

That would rock.

DaneMcCloud
11-25-2008, 02:12 PM

I think you guys actually think that Clark Hunt gives a shit. He doesn't.

He's the DeFacto Owner: He didn't create wealth and purchase the team. He didn't run an extremely successful business and purchase the team. He was GIVEN the team by his father. He's got no passion for football and doesn't understand the fan's passion. Plus, too many people have mentioned that he's too much like his father.

The same father that allowed the Chiefs to go 15 YEARS without a playoff appearance. Not win, but appearance.

Like father, like son.

chiefsngop
11-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Our only hope is for the hiring of a GM / President that does have that great passion, not only for football but also for winning.

If we get stuck with CP for any longer length of time we're screwed, if we get stuck with a new GM that isn't completely on top of this game, we're screwed.

Unless, I'm completely wrong about C. Hunt.

I'm afraid that he doesn't have the passion for football, or the great inner desire for a Super Bowl and not just profit.

But, a great majority of wealthy people DO have that chip on their shoulders, and want to look like a winner. Hopefully I'm wrong about Clark, and in reality he truly is dying inside for being the owner of this mockary of a football team, and can't wait till the offseason to do everything in his power to get it back on track. I don't think that's true, but I hope I'm wrong.

StcChief
11-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Proof will be in the pudding in 2009. The ball will be in his court. We vote with our wallets, show up at Arrowhead, buy merchandise....

BigRock
11-25-2008, 03:30 PM
The amount of people here who think they know the first thing about Clark Hunt gets more amusing by the day.

DaneMcCloud
11-25-2008, 03:32 PM
The amount of people here who think they know the first thing about Clark Hunt gets more amusing by the day.

Personally, I have friends and acquaintances that knew his father and know him. I shared some of the most recent info I received when I was in NY for the Jets-Chiefs game.

Deberg_1990
11-25-2008, 03:43 PM

Just an opinion, but his relative silence during a disastrous season speaks volumes.

BigRock
11-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Personally, I have friends and acquaintances that knew his father and know him. I shared some of the most recent info I received when I was in NY for the Jets-Chiefs game.

I saw.

I'm not trying to single out any one person, I'm just talking in generalities here. But does anyone honestly stop and think when they talk about this?

The Chiefs have done business a very set and specific way for years. It's been that way each and every year Carl has been here, if not longer. And as we'll all agree, that way has gotten us nowhere.

Clark, after his first season running the team without his dad around, allowed the organization to completely change course by giving Herm the approval to abandon the Carl method, forget the veteran FA signings, build through the draft, etc. etc. etc. And he spoke out saying "this is how championship teams are built, this is what we need to start doing around here".

He even said he was tired of the 9-7 crap and wanted to build a championship team, not a team that's merely good enough to contend for a playoff spot. Which is something that gets said two dozen times a day around here.

In other words, after one year, Clark ushered in a complete 180 from how the Chiefs have been running things for the last 20 years. He didn't NEED to do that, but he did. And now, because he hasn't fired Herm halfway through the season or whatever reasoning people have, it's "Clark doesn't care about the Chiefs! He probably doesn't even like football! :deevee: :deevee:"

Are the collective memories here really that short? Clark has made more impact on how this franchise is run in the past year than his dad did over the previous 15 years. But now, mere months later, he's just some disinterested party who doesn't care?

And don't even get me started on the "he only cares about money" BS.

DaneMcCloud
11-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Clark, after his first season running the team without his dad around, allowed the organization to completely change course by giving Herm the approval to abandon the Carl method, forget the veteran FA signings, build through the draft, etc. etc. etc. And he spoke out saying "this is how championship teams are built, this is what we need to start doing around here".

While I and a few others seem to understand this, most people want to burn Herm at the stake. Taking on a huge rebuilding project is extremely risky for any coach, which is the very reason why Clark won't fire him after this season.

Most fans (and I'm not talking about the 500 or so active members of this forum, most of whom do not own season tickets) just want a competitive team on the field. 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 with an occasional 13-3 thrown in excites the fan base. But you can't build a Super Bowl team with veteran players. The Chiefs have proved that.

I've yet to see any indication that Clark Hunt is truly committed to winning a championship. If he does not fire Herm, I'll be far more convinced. If he fires Herm, hires a retread and signs a bunch of free-agents, it'll prove to me that he's just a "business as usual" owner.

And then I'll puke. Over and over and over again.

BigRock
11-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I've yet to see any indication that Clark Hunt is truly committed to winning a championship. If he does not fire Herm, I'll be far more convinced.

I agree totally. I think Clark knows where he wants the team to go, and his biggest flaw is probably a misguided faith that Herm is the right man to take them there.

But to 99% of people, keeping Herm would be a sign that Clark doesn't care, that he just cares about money, blah blah blah. Except that keeping Herm goes completely against the financial interests of the team at this point.

If all Clark cares about is money, he'll be on the Bill Cowher/Donovan McNabb train in the offseason, while he tells people where the line forms to re-order their season tickets.

macdawg
11-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Clark has no balls.