PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs DT has an important advocate in St. Louis

shaneo69
11-26-2008, 10:00 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6406199#6406199

Go Bernie!

shaneo69
11-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Miklasz: "I have nothing negative to say about my friend Gretz, but I will say this: it helps to be at the Super Bowl all week long, because if you are pushing a candidate you are able to lobby other voters all week, and tell them that you have some new material, some interesting stuff, and it helps spark some interest. There's just these little side discussions that plant a seed, and it helps.

Gretz isn't at the Super Bowl all week; he comes down later, just for the vote.

But I'm gonna get together with Clayton and see if we can network for D Thomas in Tampa Bay this year in the days before the Supe Bowl.

I'm also going to see if I can come up with a more enhanced statistical case; I'm pretty good at whipping up numbers."

Dartgod
11-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Who is that?

shaneo69
11-26-2008, 10:10 PM
^
Lead sports columnist at the Post-Dispatch, and HOF voter...

DaKCMan AP
11-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Uh, I live in the Tampa Bay area. Give me a press pass and entrance into certain areas and I'll make the case for DT. I'm certain I'm better with numbers than any of these writers. ;)

BryanBusby
11-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Blob Gretz not doing DT's presentation would be the best thing ever.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Blob Gretz not doing DT's presentation would be the best thing ever.

Anyone know how Gretz got annoited DT's rep??

Miklasz also mentions this about SI's Dr. Z:

"The first year Gretz did it for DT, Paul Zimmerman took a shot at Gretz on SI.com for some reason; I don't think it was warranted. Dr. Z is a curmudgeon, that's all."

Mojo Rising
11-27-2008, 04:05 AM
It will be tough to get DT in with all of the upcoming eligible HOF'rs.

The Monday Night Meltdown cost him. National TV will not forget.

Fred Dean ws a sham.

blackhawk
11-27-2008, 09:12 AM
It will be tough to get DT in with all of the upcoming eligible HOF'rs.

The Monday Night Meltdown cost him. National TV will not forget.

Fred Dean ws a sham.
wtf you want to keep him out for that give me a brake! and you let that douch bag michael irvin there is no justice

OnTheWarpath15
11-27-2008, 09:38 AM
IIRC, it was last year that Bernie said that had he done the presentation for DT, and not Gretz, Derrick would be a HOFer.

Bernie has been a champion of DT being in the HOF from literally almost the minute he died. It seems to come up 3-4 times a year here.

StcChief
11-27-2008, 11:21 AM
IIRC, it was last year that Bernie said that had he done the presentation for DT, and not Gretz, Derrick would be a HOFer.

Bernie has been a champion of DT being in the HOF from literally almost the minute he died. It seems to come up 3-4 times a year here.no doubt.
He needs to talk to local sportscaster now big National guy Bob Costas to lobby as well for DT. He is due.... despite the Monday nite Meltdown.
his numbers are so Impressive.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-27-2008, 11:22 AM

Bernie has been a champion of DT being in the HOF from literally almost the minute he died. It seems to come up 3-4 times a year here.

Well I hope he gets the gig, because this shameful farce has gone on long enough.

Mojo Rising
11-27-2008, 12:00 PM
wtf you want to keep him out for that give me a brake! and you let that douch bag michael irvin there is no justice

I never said I wanted to keep him out for it. I am trying to explain what has tainted him for those living outside of 435.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2008, 12:29 PM
I never said I wanted to keep him out for it. I am trying to explain what has tainted him for those living outside of 435.

What taints him more than anything is a lack of Super Bowl appearances. Not his fault, thats just how the voters think.

ChiefsCountry
11-27-2008, 04:25 PM
If DT was alive he would be in by now. His personality would have had him on tv.

Mojo Rising
11-28-2008, 12:11 AM
What taints him more than anything is a lack of Super Bowl appearances. Not his fault, thats just how the voters think.

I think more than his lack of SB was that he was perceived as 1 dimensional. The fact that we (with Joe the savior Montana) had to take him out of the game because Buffalo ran right at him every play is just as important. If that didn't happen he would have been in a SB.

Demonpenz
11-28-2008, 08:54 AM
I am not sure people remember the monday night meltdown outside of KC or denver, that means they don't remember DT that well either. The cflip of that game is no where on the internet

blueballs
11-28-2008, 09:09 AM
If the true fans really care they will make DT's case at the last home games
all wear DT jerseys or spell out DT FOR HOF in the empty seats
if Carl had a brain he could fill the empty seats with the cause -free t-shirts-ect

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-28-2008, 09:11 AM
I am not sure people remember the monday night meltdown outside of KC or denver, that means they don't remember DT that well either. The cflip of that game is no where on the internet

That's probably a good thing.

StcChief
11-28-2008, 09:25 AM

I remember I was there.

Brock
11-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Anyone know how Gretz got annoited DT's rep??

Miklasz also mentions this about SI's Dr. Z:

"The first year Gretz did it for DT, Paul Zimmerman took a shot at Gretz on SI.com for some reason; I don't think it was warranted. Dr. Z is a curmudgeon, that's all."

•“The person (Bob Gretz) who spoke for Thomas highlighted the incredible pass rushing skills, but made the mistake of mentioning that ‘some question his skills as an all around linebacker.’ Once that was in voter’s mind, it killed Thomas’ chances.”
Dr. Z, NFL columnist for Sports Illustrated

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-28-2008, 10:49 AM
In all seriousness, good stuff:

http://www.nfl.com/players/derrickthomas/profile?id=THO103054

StcChief
11-28-2008, 11:59 AM
•“The person (Bob Gretz) who spoke for Thomas highlighted the incredible pass rushing skills, but made the mistake of mentioning that ‘some question his skills as an all around linebacker.’ Once that was in voter’s mind, it killed Thomas’ chances.”
Dr. Z, NFL columnist for Sports Illustratedthat should be enough to have Gretz removed for lobbying/representing the case for DT to HOF.

Brock
11-28-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't think he'll be doing it in the future. Gretz appears to have been basically given the boot by the Chiefs for some reason.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't think he'll be doing it in the future. Gretz appears to have been basically given the boot by the Chiefs for some reason.

He didn't kiss enough ass, and try to gloss over the current situation(s).

Who the hell could?