PDA

View Full Version : KU KU in last place in the big 12.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Never thought I would see this day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/conferences/standings?confId=8
:shake:

It won't last though.

JuicesFlowing
11-28-2008, 05:27 PM
They'll be alright.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 05:28 PM
They'll be alright.

I know I just though it was cute.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 05:28 PM
We need to play Missouri and fast.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 05:30 PM

True Dat.

kstater
11-28-2008, 05:30 PM
To the 'ship.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 05:32 PM
To the 'ship.

This 'ship?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_V7uSTzA6Cyk/R_26AIbxUSI/AAAAAAAAAEc/57njTYLTacs/s400/ku_bkc_memphis_championship_nk47_t800.jpg

eazyb81
11-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Don't worry, you play Missouri tomorrow in the only sport that counts.

I'm sure you guys will do great! :thumb:

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 05:43 PM

I'm sure you guys will do great! :thumb:Are you retarded?

eazyb81
11-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Are you retarded?

Are you a dumbf#ck? Nobody cares about basketball outside of ku fans, unc fans, and a few others. Compare the budgets of D1 football and D1 bball.

Tomorrow is going to be great!

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Are you a dumbf#ck? Nobody cares about basketball outside of ku fans, unc fans, and a few others. Compare the budgets of D1 football and D1 bball.

Football revenues may be higher but that does not make it not matter. And plenty of people care about basketball.

eazyb81
11-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Football revenues may be higher but that does not make it not matter. And plenty of people care about basketball.

Yes, the "plenty" of people I just mentioned. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Football > basketball. MU football >>> ku football.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 05:51 PM

The NCAA cares enough to give BB a championship tournament.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 05:58 PM
To the 'ship.

We did go to the 'ship. Last year. :)

DJJasonp
11-28-2008, 06:10 PM

Do we really have to go through this again???

TV revenues and TV contracts are nearly 5 times more for college basketball tournament rather than college football's BCS games (not to mention, conference rights for networks such as FSN, Sunshine, etc.).

TV contracts = popularity.

March Madness first-round NCAA Tournament bids the committee served up include an interesting matchup between two of the nation’s best freshmen phenoms, O.J. Mayo of the All Pac-10 selection from USC and Michael Beasley of Kansas State.

With a fickle stock market adding more pressure for companies to meet and exceed expectations, does CBS and big media influence the matchups?

CBS Pays Big Money for NCAA Basketball Tournament

CBS Sports agreed yesterday to pay $6 billion to keep the NCAA men's basketball tournament for 11 more years, one week after failing to retain its Nascar rights.

The stunning contract for the three-week tournament, which has had declining ratings, means CBS will pay the N.C.A.A. an average of $545 million a year, or more than 2 1/2 times its current annual fee of $216 million.

''There is no more important event at CBS, not just at CBS Sports, than the men's basketball championship,'' said Sean McManus, president of CBS Sports.

CBS outbid joint efforts mounted by ABC and ESPN and by Fox and Fox Sports Net. The joint Fox bid was estimated at $5.1 billion and the ABC/ESPN offer a bit higher.

In the annals of sports rights payments to leagues or associations, the $545 million annual fee ranks behind only the $2.2 billion paid to the National Football League and the $650 million paid to the National Basketball Association.

Repeat after me, $545 million for the NCAA Tournament contract vs $650 million for the NBA's contract.

The payment by CBS is $45 million more than it spends on average for American Football Conference rights and equal to NBC's payment for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. But it is less than the $750 million average NBC is paying for the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Summer Olympics and the 2006 Winter Games.

The BCS and ESPN announced a new four-year contract Tuesday. ESPN outbid Fox, which is paying $80 million annually to broadcast the games from 2007-10.

ESPN’s offer was for $125 million a year, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations. The person requested anonymity because the networks are not releasing financial details.

Beerthirty
11-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Bring it on!

KU should win "Ships" every year with the recruiting they get, but dont.:D

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Bring it on!

KU should win "Ships" every year with the recruiting they get, but dont.:D

MU should have gotten to the Final Four in he last 50 years but haven't

Beerthirty
11-28-2008, 06:25 PM
and probably wont.

Im used to it being a Chiefs fan.

eazyb81
11-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Do we really have to go through this again???

TV revenues and TV contracts are nearly 5 times more for college basketball tournament rather than college football's BCS games (not to mention, conference rights for networks such as FSN, Sunshine, etc.).

TV contracts = popularity.

March Madness first-round NCAA Tournament bids the committee served up include an interesting matchup between two of the nation’s best freshmen phenoms, O.J. Mayo of the All Pac-10 selection from USC and Michael Beasley of Kansas State.

With a fickle stock market adding more pressure for companies to meet and exceed expectations, does CBS and big media influence the matchups?

CBS Pays Big Money for NCAA Basketball Tournament

CBS Sports agreed yesterday to pay $6 billion to keep the NCAA men's basketball tournament for 11 more years, one week after failing to retain its Nascar rights.

The stunning contract for the three-week tournament, which has had declining ratings, means CBS will pay the N.C.A.A. an average of $545 million a year, or more than 2 1/2 times its current annual fee of $216 million.

''There is no more important event at CBS, not just at CBS Sports, than the men's basketball championship,'' said Sean McManus, president of CBS Sports.

CBS outbid joint efforts mounted by ABC and ESPN and by Fox and Fox Sports Net. The joint Fox bid was estimated at $5.1 billion and the ABC/ESPN offer a bit higher.

In the annals of sports rights payments to leagues or associations, the $545 million annual fee ranks behind only the $2.2 billion paid to the National Football League and the $650 million paid to the National Basketball Association.

Repeat after me, $545 million for the NCAA Tournament contract vs $650 million for the NBA's contract.

The payment by CBS is $45 million more than it spends on average for American Football Conference rights and equal to NBC's payment for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. But it is less than the $750 million average NBC is paying for the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Summer Olympics and the 2006 Winter Games.

The BCS and ESPN announced a new four-year contract Tuesday. ESPN outbid Fox, which is paying $80 million annually to broadcast the games from 2007-10.

ESPN’s offer was for $125 million a year, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations. The person requested anonymity because the networks are not releasing financial details.

So CBS is paying $545M for the rights to show 64 games, and ESPN is paying $125M for the the right to show 4 BCS games.

And after looking at this, and thinking reaaaaaaly hard about, you somehow think this disproves my statement about how football is more popular than basketball?

Jesus Christ, ku's academics are worse than even I imagined.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-28-2008, 08:06 PM
So CBS is paying $545M for the rights to show 64 games, and ESPN is paying $125M for the the right to show 4 BCS games.

And after looking at this, and thinking reaaaaaaly hard about, you somehow think this disproves my statement about how football is more popular than basketball?

ROFL:wayne:

Must.....resist.......urge..........to........

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td>Standings</td> <td colspan="4" align="center">Conference</td> <td colspan="3" align="center">Overall</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left"> </td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>GB</td> <td>PCT</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>PCT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Oklahoma (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=201)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Baylor???? (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=239)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Kansas State??? (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2306)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Texas Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2641)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Nebraska???????????? (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=158)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Texas A&M (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=245)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Missouri (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=142)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>1</td> <td>.800</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Oklahoma State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=197)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>1</td> <td>.800</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Texas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=251)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>1</td> <td>.800</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Colorado (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=038)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>.750</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Iowa State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=066)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>.750</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Kansas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2305)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>.750</td></tr></tbody></table>

"Yes, hello BCS; I'd like to order a pound of the weed you've been smoking"?
"Thanks".

KChiefs1
11-28-2008, 08:11 PM

You forgot to add Wrestling & Baseball....

Tactical Funky
11-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I love football, but the BCS can't even come close to matching the excitement of March Madness - and it won't until a playoff system is developed.

KChiefs1
11-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Mike Anderson actually has his own players this year....might not be as easy as it has been the last few years....just saying.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Mike Anderson actually has his own players this year....might not be as easy as it has been the last few years....just saying.

I'll believe it when I see it. That 40 minutes of hell doesn't work very well against the good teams. KU plays balls out all the time anyway.

luv
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
It's because I decided to go with MU. Sorry.

Braincase
11-28-2008, 09:20 PM
That last place thing didn't last long.

One thing though... if football is so dang popular, why don't more Division I schools have teams? Seems to me there are a few more teams playing basketball than football.

And as far as doing all that fancy math comparing bowl games and the NCAA tournament, how do the numbers break down per player minute? In football you'll have 22 guys on the field for 4 quarters, whereas in basketball you've got 10 guys for 2 halves.

The reality is, if Mizzou had half as many championships in basketball as KU, there would be alot more basketball fans in Missouri. As it is, it's just too darn hard to compete against that program, so they choose to poo-poo the sport in general.

You can bet when that blue moon win comes around, they'll be all over it.

Silock
11-28-2008, 09:24 PM

One thing though... if football is so dang popular, why don't more Division I schools have teams? Seems to me there are a few more teams playing basketball than football.

It's a lot cheaper to have a basketball program than a football program.

That being said, you're right about the other stuff. If MU had a decent basketball program, this thread would have ended a while ago.

Braincase
11-28-2008, 09:34 PM
It's a lot cheaper to have a basketball program than a football program.

That being said, you're right about the other stuff. If MU had a decent basketball program, this thread would have ended a while ago.

It's primarily a title 9 issue. You can get a girl's basketball team together, but you have to scramble to find girl's sports, and the athletes to fill the scholly's. That's why you see wrestling, men's tennis, men's swimming cancelled at so many schools. They have to find ways to justify the 65-70 scholarships for football.

Silock
11-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Sometimes, but for smaller schools, it's cheaper to not have a football team. Think about how big a football program is compared to how many people it takes to run a basketball program.

Bearcat
11-28-2008, 10:06 PM

It's absolutely hilarious that this was never... ahem, NEVER mentioned before Kansas won their National Championship, and now the only people who mention it are Mizzou fans. Yeah, so few people care about CBB, they added the Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight games to the list of games played in a football stadium this past year. Yeah, just keep imagining it never happened. :rolleyes: LMAO LMAO

I guess it the popularity won't break even until CBS pays $2 billion for March Madness. :spock: Give me a break... football, college and NFL, have the best and most meaningful regular season around. But, you know the BCS is an absolute joke and that CFB won't even come close to ever touching March Madness unless they go to full 8+ team playoff.

Seriously though, keep posting... funny stuff. LMAO

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Woo Woo. Tied for 7th Now.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 10:09 PM
It's absolutely hilarious that this was never... ahem, NEVER mentioned before Kansas won their National Championship, and now the only people who mention it are Mizzou fans. Yeah, so few people care about CBB, they added the Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight games to the list of games played in a football stadium this past year. Yeah, just keep imagining it never happened. :rolleyes: LMAO LMAO

I guess it the popularity won't break even until CBS pays $2 billion for March Madness. :spock: Give me a break... football, college and NFL, have the best and most meaningful regular season around. But, you know the BCS is an absolute joke and that CFB won't even come close to ever touching March Madness unless they go to full 8+ team playoff.

Seriously though, keep posting... funny stuff. LMAO
Replies of the Year. :thumb:

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Replies of the Year. :thumb:We do care. A LOT of us care about basketball. We've just been down long enough that apathy has set in for a lot of Mizzou fans.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 10:18 PM
We do care. A LOT of us care about basketball. We've just been down long enough that apathy has set in for a lot of Mizzou fans.
This guy didn't help.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bremertonian/basketball/MizzouQuin1.jpg

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 10:20 PM
This guy didn't help.
Sure didn't.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Sure didn't.

Honest question: Did Missouri actually have a chance to hire Bill Self when they hired Snyder? I know he was available (at Illinois) but did Missouri interview him?

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Honest question: Did Missouri actually have a chance to hire Bill Self when they hired Snyder? I know he was available (at Illinois) but did Missouri interview him?Honestly, I'm not sure. People were upset with Norm. Mizzou wanted one of those young promising assistants you always hear about. The "sexy" pick, instead of a good old fashioned basketball coach. I guess after so many years with Norm, they were tired of "old fashioned".

It was obviously a huge mistake. We're still trying to dig out of that hole.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. People were upset with Norm. Mizzou wanted one of those young promising assistants you always hear about. The "sexy" pick, instead of a good old fashioned basketball coach. I guess after so many years with Norm, they were tired of "old fashioned".

It was obviously a huge mistake. We're still trying to dig out of that hole.
I don't remember it and I have followed his career from OSU to Kansas to Oral Roberts to Tulsa to Illnois to Kansas again. He has always said Kansas is his dream job. That is why I can't see him taking the Missouri job. It would be very tough to go to Kansas from there.

Gravedigger
11-29-2008, 12:41 AM

Wow... just wow. The facts are right in front of you and it disproves your arguement entirely. If you like Football thats fine but don't be the most ignorant bastard on the boards and line others in your cause when we wouldn't be caught dead with a stupid idiot like you in public. The phrase "Speak for yourself" comes to mind.

Pablo
11-29-2008, 03:17 PM

I'm sure you guys will do great! :thumb:Thanks for the encouragement.

Now we can beat your ass in basketball after the piss pounding we just laid on you in the only sport that counts.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2008, 03:21 PM
ROFL:wayne:

Must.....resist.......urge..........to........

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td>Standings</td> <td colspan="4" align="center">Conference</td> <td colspan="3" align="center">Overall</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left">
</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>GB</td> <td>PCT</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>PCT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Oklahoma (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=201)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Baylor???? (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=239)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Kansas State??? (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2306)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Texas Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2641)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Nebraska???????????? (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=158)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Texas A&M (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=245)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>1.000</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Missouri (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=142)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>1</td> <td>.800</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Oklahoma State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=197)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>1</td> <td>.800</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Texas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=251)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>4</td> <td>1</td> <td>.800</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Colorado (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=038)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>.750</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Iowa State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=066)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>.750</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left"><nobr> Kansas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2305)</nobr></td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>-</td> <td>.000</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>.750</td></tr></tbody></table>

"Yes, hello BCS; I'd like to order a pound of the weed you've been smoking"?
"Thanks".
resist the urge to eat a bag of dicks ...... you lose!!!

Mr. Laz
11-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes, the "plenty" of people I just mentioned. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Football > basketball. MU football >>> ku football.

KU > MU in football and basketball, bitch!!

you just got powned IN THE ONLY SPORT THAT MATTERS

ROFL ROFL

Imon Yourside
11-29-2008, 03:26 PM

Why yes, yes it is! ;)

Pablo
11-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Over-confident f*ckfaces rule.

1ChiefsDan
11-29-2008, 03:43 PM

Tomorrow is going to be great!It sure was, wasn't it?:D

ArrowheadHawk
11-29-2008, 03:50 PM

We sure did.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2008, 03:53 PM

Uh, well?:spock:

Tards are running rampart on the planet...

teedubya
11-29-2008, 03:53 PM
I bet eazyb81 had a great time at the game. In fact, I think Im gonna troll him pretty hard everytime I see him post.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2008, 03:55 PM

ROFL

Damn fucking right today is GREAT!

Nice Call!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Uh, well?:spock:

Tards are running rampart on the planet...

Congrats on a great game! I know MY ass feels particularly spanked by three awesome points!

Reerun_KC
11-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Congrats on a great game! I know MY ass feels particularly spanked by three awesome points!

ROFL

1,2 or 3.. A win is a win against MU...

Brock
11-29-2008, 04:04 PM

Well, 8 points was portrayed as a monster ass-kicking, so 3 probably is a spanking.

Pablo
11-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, 8 points was portrayed as a monster ass-kicking, so 3 probably is a spanking.This is true.

If 8 points warranted the title of the single greatest regular season victory evar, I'm sure 3 deserves a nice title as well.

The most amazing border war spanking in the history of mankind..might work.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2008, 04:08 PM
This is true.

If 8 points warranted the title of the single greatest regular season victory evar, I'm sure 3 deserves a nice title as well.

The most amazing border war spanking in the history of mankind..might work.

And the maiden voyage of the Titanic was a rousing success.