PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should the Chiefs have drafted Flacco over Dorsey?

Pages : [1] 2

Deberg_1990
11-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Hmmmmm....

IM just saying....

Reerun_KC
11-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Bawhahhahahaha we have Thigpen and Huard....

Chiefs Pantalones
11-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Don't judge Dorsey yet, it's still early.

Hootie
11-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Uhm, no.

bowener
11-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Had we done that, Flacco would either still be on the bench or at home sitting on a couch with 6 busted ribs and G. Dorsey would be up for DROY by now.

Reerun_KC
Don't judge Dorsey yet, it's still early.

And stop judging Flaco or Ryan, its still early...

Hootie
The thread should be Flacco over Albert if anything...and I like Albert...and I think Flacco is so/so...I don't think he's ever going to be a great QB.

Reerun_KC
Had we done that, Flacco would either still be on the bench or at home sitting on a couch with 6 busted ribs and G. Dorsey would be up for DROY by now.

True, we lack coaching therefore no matter whom we draft, their chances arent very good....

Reerun_KC
11-30-2008, 02:19 PM
The thread should be Flacco over Albert if anything...and I like Albert...and I think Flacco is so/so...I don't think he's ever going to be a great QB.

:hmmm:

Didnt you pimp Huard as the next great thing for a couple of years? I think your QB evaluation skills are in question...

Flaco will have more of a career than Huard ever dreamed of....

FringeNC
Most GMs would have drafted Dorsey in our position. Most GMs wouldn't have hired Edwards or retained Gunther, though.

blueballs
How did I ever make a more retarted thread than this
I didn't

Hootie
11-30-2008, 02:22 PM
:hmmm:

Didnt you pimp Huard as the next great thing for a couple of years? I think your QB evaluation skills are in question...

Flaco will have more of a career than Huard ever dreamed of....

You're hugely mistaken.

Never did I ONCE call Huard a great QB.

I simply called him...

A) A better option than Trent Green in 2006 and
B) A better option than Brodie Croyle in 2007.

Never did I once say he was a good NFL QB...The only compliment I ever gave the guy was he let our best players make plays for him...rather than Trent who always wanted to make the throw to the open receiver...which never happened because our offensive line sucked...

Everyone except for the stubborn people realize I was right about Huard the last two seasons...he wasn't going to take us anywhere, but he was the best option.

the Talking Can
11-30-2008, 02:22 PM
maybe

Deberg_1990
11-30-2008, 02:23 PM
How did I ever make a more retarted thread than this
I didn't

Ive made three retarded threads in my life.

This one

Should the Chiefs have drafted Aaron Rodgers over Derrick Johnson?

Should the CHiefs have traded up to snag Matt Ryan?

Brock
11-30-2008, 02:24 PM
They could have gone Clady and then Flacco, I suppose.

the Talking Can
11-30-2008, 02:28 PM
in retrospect we should have been more concerned about the QB position

but i'm not going to claim that i knew anything about flacco....

Dorsey was a no-brainer pick.....but QB is a more important position, and if Flacco turns into a franchise QB then he will be a better/more valuable pick....

we could look back in 5 years and say, "see, another example of why the chiefs suck"

MahiMike
11-30-2008, 02:30 PM
No, then we'd be paying high draft pick money for a QB. 7th rounders > 1st rounders.

FringeNC
11-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I was more concerned with Herm ruining a QB pick, but now Herm isn't involved in the offense, and Herm, Gun, and Krumrie are fucking up our D draft picks. Who knew?

Deberg_1990
11-30-2008, 02:32 PM

Dorsey was a no-brainer pick.....but QB is a more important position, and if Flacco turns into a franchise QB then he will be a better/more valuable pick....

we could look back in 5 years and say, "see, another example of why the chiefs suck"

This.

Thank You.

the Talking Can
11-30-2008, 02:34 PM
No, then we'd be paying high draft pick money for a QB. 7th rounders > 1st rounders.

i don't give a crap about the hunts spending money, no one should...and we're 30 mil under the cap, and QB is the most important piece of a franchise..

the Talking Can
11-30-2008, 02:37 PM
thinking about it now, it seems crazy that we had 2 first round picks and didn't maneuver for a qb...we really are afraid of drafting QBs high, a fear we need to get over..

but this is all hindsight....hell, i still thought croyle could stay healthy....sigh

mylittlepony
11-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Would Brady still be our QB after we had drafted him in the 2000 draft? And would the scraps of his supermodel smorgasbord litter the streets of KC?

TRR
11-30-2008, 02:41 PM
I hear a lot of fans saying negative comments about Glenn Dorsey. However, if you compare his stats to other rookie, or even second year DT's. they stack up pretty well.

I'm not disappointed in the least bit with Dorsey's play. I think he has been banged up for most of the season, and fought through every week, and has flashed some ability. His role is to take on double teams, and I think he has done a pretty good job with that this year. Unfortunately KC doesn't have the LB's to take advantage of it IMO.

Deberg_1990
11-30-2008, 02:44 PM
His role is to take on double teams, and I think he has done a pretty good job with that this year.

Pretty high pick to use on a guy there to just take up bodies.

Ultra Peanut
11-30-2008, 02:47 PM
You are retarded.

FringeNC
11-30-2008, 02:48 PM
I hear a lot of fans saying negative comments about Glenn Dorsey. However, if you compare his stats to other rookie, or even second year DT's. they stack up pretty well.

I'm not disappointed in the least bit with Dorsey's play. I think he has been banged up for most of the season, and fought through every week, and has flashed some ability. His role is to take on double teams, and I think he has done a pretty good job with that this year. Unfortunately KC doesn't have the LB's to take advantage of it IMO.

Dorsey probably will develop [if the coaching staff is shit-canned], but when our front four has been dominated like it has been, to say anyone has done a competent job THIS YEAR is a joke.

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 02:53 PM

When you start using the money savings in your argument instead of skill set, it shows how brainwashed you have become as a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs.

CupidStunt
11-30-2008, 02:54 PM
thinking about it now, it seems crazy that we had 2 first round picks and didn't maneuver for a qb...we really are afraid of drafting QBs high, a fear we need to get over..

You must be really struggling to remember how bad the QB class was thought of. Only Ryan was worth a shit, and this board would've literally exploded had the Chiefs moved up for him. And then re-exploded when he played like dogshit on this sorry team.

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 02:56 PM

If you aren't dissapointed in Dorsey's play after the ridiculous amount of hype he received, then you have a lot lower expectations than I do.

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Dorsey probably will develop [if the coaching staff is shit-canned], but when our front four has been dominated like it has been, to say anyone has done a competent job THIS YEAR is a joke.

No kidding.

I wonder a lot of the time if I've been watching the game games as some people.

PastorMikH
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Had we passed on Dorsey, we'd be banging our heads for the next 15 years thinking about why we passed on him. IMO, Dorsey with just about any DC who's team picked after us would turn Dorsey into a monster.

PastorMikH
11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
FWIW, Thiggy's overall QB rating is just one point lower than Flacco. Since the bye, Thiggy's QB rating is higher than both Ryan and Flacco - (and both Mannings for that matter).

Since the bye - 93.22
Starts since the bye - 94.8

Keep doubting Thiggy.

Basileus777
11-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Flacco wasn't in considering for a top 10 pick. He wasn't even a legitimate option where we picked without the benefit of hindsight.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Fuck no.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Flacco instead of Brandon Albert is a better question. Seriously folks, I know everyone is stinging from Ryan Sims, but Dorsey is going to be a stud. Period.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Yes

Thig Lyfe
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Nah. Rodgers over DJ, on the other hand...

chiefzilla1501
01-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Absolutely not. Dorsey was a no-brainer pick. Hindsight is 20/20.

Let's see how Flacco does against a playoff defense first. Let's not forget that we're one year removed from Flacco throwing for only 34 yards against New England in the playoffs last year.

-King-
01-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Revisionist history
Posted via Mobile Device

Fairplay
01-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Let's see how Flacco does against a playoff defense first. Let's not forget that we're one year removed from Flacco throwing for only 34 yards against New England in the playoffs last year.

My eyesight is perfect in a hindsight 20/20 world.

grey redstar
01-09-2011, 07:01 PM

If you remember Flacco was hurt in that game; we ran the ball a zillion times, and handed them their asses. And, as far as it goes we faced at least four playoff defenses during the season.

The Bad Guy
01-09-2011, 07:03 PM
I still wouldn't take Flacco.

I'm just not a big fan.

He has great disposal of weapons in Baltimore. He came into a perfect situation with a dominating defense.

chiefzilla1501
01-09-2011, 07:04 PM
If you remember Flacco was hurt in that game; we ran the ball a zillion times, and handed them their asses. And, as far as it goes we faced at least four playoff defenses during the season.

Just saying that even though he has a 4-2 playoff record, he's only played real solid football in two of those games: today against a bad Chiefs' D and last year against an average Colts' D. He was shaky against Miami and Tennessee and horrible against Pittsburgh.

Not counting him out. This could be the year he puts it together at the right time. But historically, he's been a below average playoff QB with a terrific supporting cast.

grey redstar
01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Just saying that even though he has a 4-2 playoff record, he's only played real solid football in two of those games: today against a bad Chiefs' D and last year against an average Colts' D. He was shaky against Miami and Tennessee and horrible against Pittsburgh.

Not counting him out. This could be the year he puts it together at the right time. But historically, he's been a below average playoff QB with a terrific supporting cast.

Not saying Flacco should have been picked over Dorsey, that makes no sense to me. Just trying to put your comment in perspetive. Out of the previous four playoff games, Flacco was playing hurt in two of them. He had a massive deep thigh contusion that had to drained before each game ( hate it when that happens), but granted he pretty much sucked. But, just think Rapistburger registered one of the worst performances by a winning QB when he won his first superbowl.

chiefzilla1501
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Not saying Flacco should have been picked over Dorsey, that makes no sense to me. Just trying to put your comment in perspetive. Out of the previous four playoff games, Flacco was playing hurt in two of them. He had a massive deep thigh contusion that had to drained before each game ( hate it when that happens), but granted he pretty much sucked. But, just think Rapistburger registered one of the worst performances by a winning QB when he won his first superbowl.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm just more of a "show me before I believe it" guy. Not saying Flacco can't do it, just saying he hasn't yet.

Bewbies
01-09-2011, 07:16 PM

Yeah, this is the one I'd revisit. Flacco is ok, he's better than average I guess.

RJ
01-09-2011, 07:19 PM

They won.

Just saying.

Fairplay
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
They won.

Just saying.

So you're saying you would have picked Flacco that year?

How could you have seen how his career would have gone at that point in time, you have a crystal ball?

Fairplay
01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Flacco wasn't in considering for a top 10 pick. He wasn't even a legitimate option where we picked without the benefit of hindsight.

There are people on this board gifted with hindsight i tell you.

chiefzilla1501
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
They won.

Just saying.

We took a consensus top 5 pick over a guy nobody projected to even be in the top 10. First of all, if we were still in a 4-3, I absolutely think Dorsey would have lived up to the pick. But secondly, you can't look back and regret a pick that nobody in their right mind would have projected. Rodgers and DJ is a legitimate miss because Rodgers could have and should have had that value. Flacco didn't have Dorsey value at draft time.

A few years later, in hindsight, Flacco's looking like a top 5 pick. But that's hindsight.

grey redstar
01-09-2011, 07:33 PM
We took a consensus top 5 pick over a guy nobody projected to even be in the top 10. First of all, if we were still in a 4-3, I absolutely think Dorsey would have lived up to the pick. But secondly, you can't look back and regret a pick that nobody in their right mind would have projected. Rodgers and DJ is a legitimate miss because Rodgers could have and should have had that value. Flacco didn't have Dorsey value at draft time.

A few years later, in hindsight, Flacco's looking like a top 5 pick. But that's hindsight.

Dorsey had a ton more board value than Flacco in that draft. Most teams didn't have a division II QB on their radar as a 1st rounder.

Gonzo
01-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Ummm, yes. We shoiuld have.
Posted via Mobile Device

Imon Yourside
01-09-2011, 08:01 PM
No! That being said we do need a QB, and a couple of average O-linemen.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Hmmmmm....

IM just saying....

After last nights game. NO. Flacco appears to have hit his ceiling....

lcarus
10-25-2011, 10:02 AM

Well, that was about as bad as I've seen him play. I've seen him make some exceptional plays. But with Cassel as our QB, you could go back and say "we should have taken x quarterback over x player here" and we'd probably be better off.

Reerun_KC
10-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Flacco is a bust...

No two ways about it.

Radar Chief
10-25-2011, 10:05 AM

I don’t get Flacco. He can throw 4 TD’s one game then not convert a third down for three quarters the next. Think he’s missing his QB Coach?

Edit: it was 3 TD's against the Rams.

Sofa King
I always thought Flacco was at or near as good as he'll ever be.

The Franchise
Missing Zorn?

bevischief
10-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Missing Zorn?

Looks like it...

Deberg_1990
10-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Flacco is a bust...

No two ways about it.

hes not a bust, but hes nothing special and probably never will be.

We are finally starting to see why Pioli passed on Sanchez for Cassel as well. Sanchez's "upside" wasnt that great. Neither was Cassel's but he decided to go with the proven guy over the unproven.

Reerun_KC
10-25-2011, 10:10 AM
hes not a bust, but hes nothing special and probably never will be.

We are finally starting to see why Pioli passed on Sanchez for Cassel as well. Sanchez's "upside" wasnt that great. Neither was Cassel's but he decided to go with the proven guy over the unproven.

I would say he is a bust. With that team and the people he has around him. There shouldnt be any excuses...

You guys would fucking crucify Cassel if he was on that team... No need to sugar coat Flacco, just because he isnt Cassel.

Rain Man
10-25-2011, 10:11 AM

Yes, exactly.

Not sure Flacco looks like a top-five pick, but I agree with the first paragraph, and it's longer.

Brock
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
He's not a bust. He's probably not a franchise QB and he is having a bad year so far.

DJ's left nut
10-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Flacco should be better than he is, no question.

I can't call him a 'bust'; he's pretty much an average NFL quarterback. Kyle Boller was a bust, Joe Flacco is just a mild disappointment.

Hootie
10-25-2011, 10:17 AM
I said last year the Jets and Ravens were overrated because their QB's weren't all that great...I ended up being wrong about both teams last year...

but at least I wasn't wrong about their QB's!

Reerun_KC
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
I sure wouldnt want to build a team around him...

He gets way too many excuses for his lack of QB play...

lcarus
10-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I sure would love to have a combo of Jamaal Charles and Ray Rice in our backfield though! How amazing would that be.

aturnis
10-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I don’t get Flacco. He can throw 4 TD’s one game then not convert a third down for three quarters the next. Think he’s missing his QB Coach?

Edit: it was 3 TD's against the Rams.

Matt Casselesque?

Okie_Apparition
10-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Flacco looks like he'd feel right at home with the Adam's Family. Just a bit creepy

HemiEd
10-25-2011, 10:31 AM
He's not a bust. He's probably not a franchise QB and he is having a bad year so far.

IIRC, prior to the game starting last night, they said Flacco was leading the NFL in yards per reception.
I would trade Cassel, throw in Palko and Thomas Jones for Flacco. :D

tooge
10-25-2011, 10:46 AM
for the most part, all the QB's for the Ravens the last 12 years or so have not been pedestrian. The Ravens D gives them great field position and scores quite a few defensive TD's, so mediocre QB play is overlooked. It's also easier to take chances when you know your D isn't gonna give up many points.

lcarus
10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't think Flacco is bad...

Easy 6
10-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Theres something very Everett-esque about the guy imo, has some decent skills but never seems to put it all together, he doesnt inspire any confidence from me at all.

The proverbial 'just good enough to get ya beat'.

whoman69
10-25-2011, 01:41 PM
The Ravens this year have moved on to a team that is trying to add an offensive side to a team that has won with defense and a run game but ran into a ceiling. Flacco is very Romoesque. He can look great and then make stupid mistakes or get out of rhythm. He's having trouble with the increased load on him this year. He's a game to game QB. He can get on a roll like Eli did the year he won the Super Bowl. He can also flame out and be a complete fail, all in the same game.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2011, 01:48 PM
IIRC, prior to the game starting last night, they said Flacco was leading the NFL in yards per reception.
I would trade Cassel, throw in Palko and Thomas Jones for Flacco. :D

wow, somebody is really going out on a limb.

ROFL

Radar Chief
10-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Matt Casselesque?

Everett-esque

I was thinking Grbac-esque, has the physical tools but just gets massive brain farts.

Deberg_1990
09-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Seems like as good a time as any to bump this one.

Anyone want to change their opinions here?

Reerun_KC
09-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Seems like as good a time as any to bump this one.

Anyone want to change their opinions here?

No....

With that Defense he has had, there shouldnt be any excuses.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 12:42 PM
No....

Defense? Defenses don't win championships, anymore.

It's 2012, not 1972.

TEX
09-24-2012, 12:43 PM

I would. He's leading the AFC in pasising and is # 2 in the NFL. You can build aroubd him no doubt.

Reerun_KC
09-24-2012, 12:44 PM

It's 2012, not 1972.

Heck you got me there DMC, I wasnt even born in 1972....

Reerun_KC
09-24-2012, 12:46 PM
You guys can have Flacco, that is fine, I will take a pass and go in a different direction.

Doesnt make me right or wrong. But I know for a fact that he would of already been crucified here 100 times before now.

Black Bob
Flacco was from Delaware. No one in their right mind was going to take him at #5.

ILChief
I probably said no then, now I would say yes. While not top tier like Rodgers or Brees, he is definitely better than casshole

Brock
No....

Excuses for what? Leading his team to the AFC championship game?

Thig Lyfe
09-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Bawhahhahahaha we have Thigpen

Good point.

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Excuses for what? Leading his team to the AFC championship game?

He was a dropped pass away from the Super Bowl.

Ace Gunner
09-24-2012, 12:53 PM

It's 2012, not 1972.

On behalf of the NYG, stfu.

(however, if you are suggesting the pick should have been Flacco instead of Dorsey, agreed)

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2012, 12:54 PM
On behalf of the NYG, stfu.

You stfu
http://clarksvillesportsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Eli-Manning-NFL-Giants.jpg

Ace Gunner
09-24-2012, 12:59 PM
You stfu
http://clarksvillesportsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Eli-Manning-NFL-Giants.jpg

Hey idiot
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xSRFrgYenUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can't win on the road without good defense. You cant win a championship without good defense, either.

Eli is the man, but the defense is the key to real success.

Hell, the Chiefs won yesterday because of defense and the kicker.

ChiefsCountry
09-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Hey idiot
Eli is the man, but the defense is the key to real success.

A good QB beats a good defense. But keep being the idiot you are.

T-post Tom
09-24-2012, 01:13 PM
...defense is the key to real success.

QB is the single most important position on the field. Each of the individual 11 positions on defense is less important than the QB. Flacco over Dorsey EVERY time.

DaWolf
09-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Brodie Croyle is the future...

Whosurdaddy
09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
The ravens have crazy confidence in Flacco right now. Flacco. So hot right now. Flacco. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV_hDyfmEw4&feature=related)

Bump
09-24-2012, 02:03 PM

It's 2012, not 1972.

fail

defenses certainly still do win championships. It's the main reason why the Patriots couldn't close the deal in their last 2 Superbowls. Pretty much every Superbowl champion over the past 15 years has had a stellar defense. But they've also had a stellar QB too. You need both.

Bump
09-24-2012, 02:06 PM
But ya, this is proof that CP knows jack shit about drafting QB's.

You guys say stuff like "we better ****ing not draft Tannehill" Well we couldn't have, but he's looking okay. You all said Flacco sucks, this thread is proof but he's looking pretty legit and has playoff wins and they really should have went to the Superbowl last year because of Flacco. Remember that horrible dropped TD pass that a perfect throw? and also the missed field goal? Yeah, Flacco is capable of helping a team get to the Superbowl but it's mostly the defense.

Matt Ryan sucks too
You were right about Sanchez, he sucks

but if we don't ever take a chance, we're never going to get anywhere.

acesn8s
09-24-2012, 02:09 PM
A good QB beats a good defense. But keep being the idiot you are.Yep! Peyton is dominating the league this year....oh wait

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 02:09 PM
fail

defenses certainly still do win championships. It's the main reason why the Patriots couldn't close the deal in their last 2 Superbowls. Pretty much every Superbowl champion over the past 15 years has had a stellar defense. But they've also had a stellar QB too. You need both.

You're a fucking idiot. What was the Giants defensive ranking last year or the Packers the year before?

Shut the fuck up, "Bump". Fucking mult.

Bump
09-24-2012, 02:11 PM
You're a ****ing idiot. What was the Giants defensive ranking last year or the Packers the year before?

Shut the **** up, "Bump". ****ing mult.

no you are!

you are so childish dude.

acesn8s
09-24-2012, 02:11 PM

You guys say stuff like "we better ****ing not draft Tannehill" Well we couldn't have, but he's looking okay. You all said Flacco sucks, this thread is proof but he's looking pretty legit and has playoff wins and they really should have went to the Superbowl last year because of Flacco. Remember that horrible dropped TD pass that a perfect throw? and also the missed field goal? Yeah, Flacco is capable of helping a team get to the Superbowl but it's mostly the defense.

Matt Ryan sucks too

but if we don't ever take a chance, we're never going to get anywhere.Yep! He ain't doing shit this year...oh wait

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 02:13 PM
no you are!

you are so childish dude.

And you're a fucking idiot with no factual basis for your stupidass comments.

Good luck with that, you fucking phony.

Bump
09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
And you're a ****ing idiot with no factual basis for your stupidass comments.

Good luck with that, you ****ing phony.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/Y_U_MAD_THO-1301768949.jpg

Saul Good
09-24-2012, 02:20 PM

Matt Ryan sucks too

but if we don't ever take a chance, we're never going to get anywhere.

Tannehill's "looking okay"? Is this the same Tannehill who completed 52% of his passes with one touchdown and four INTs for a QB rating in the fifties (dead last in the NFL) over the first three weeks?

Bump
09-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Tannehill's "looking okay"? Is this the same Tannehill who completed 52% of his passes with one touchdown and four INTs for a QB rating in the fifties (dead last in the NFL) over the first three weeks?

actually you are right. Tannehill does look shitty. I think I meant to say Wilson.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 02:33 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/Y_U_MAD_THO-1301768949.jpg

More proof of your raging dumbassery.

I'll ask again: Where did the Super Bowl winning Giants and Packers finish defensively the past two years? How about the 2008 runner up Cardinals? How about the 2007 winning Colts or the 2010 runner up Colts?

Why don't you look those up and get back to us, okay?

ROFL

Saul Good
09-24-2012, 02:38 PM
actually you are right. Tannehill does look shitty. I think I meant to say Wilson.

So people were saying "we better not draft fucking Russel Wilson"? You're going with that and then using this made up position to say that people on CP don't get it wrt Quarterbacks?

You should probably just bail at this point.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 02:50 PM
So people were saying "we better not draft fucking Russel Wilson"? You're going with that and then using this made up position to say that people on CP don't get it wrt Quarterbacks?

He should have bailed long before that idiotic comment, although idiotic comments are his specialty.

Bump
09-24-2012, 02:51 PM
More proof of your raging dumbassery.

I'll ask again: Where did the Super Bowl winning Giants and Packers finish defensively the past two years? How about the 2008 runner up Cardinals? How about the 2007 winning Colts or the 2010 runner up Colts?

Why don't you look those up and get back to us, okay?

ROFL

well the Giants d did hold the record breaking Patriots to 14 points in their first meeting. I remember the defense attacking Tom Brady and is a huge reason why they won. Same with last years Superbowl. They held the high scoring Patriots to 17 points. Again, pretty damn good.

A defensive play pretty much won the game for the Saints a few years ago and again, the high scoring Colts were held to 17 points.

When the Steelers beat the Cardinals, their defense dominated the Cardinals until the 4th quarter which by that point it was too late.

I don't give a shit what their regular season rankings were. I watched these Superbowls and the winning teams had great defensive play. Raging because someone says that you need defense AND a QB just makes you look fucking stupid dude.

Bump
09-24-2012, 02:51 PM
He should have bailed long before that idiotic comment, although idiotic comments are his specialty.

You need both a defense and QB is an idiotic comment?

You guys are unreal.

Bump
09-24-2012, 02:54 PM
So people were saying "we better not draft ****ing Russel Wilson"? You're going with that and then using this made up position to say that people on CP don't get it wrt Quarterbacks?

yes, I recall that draft thread pretty well and yes, people did say we better not draft Russel Wilson.

Saul Good
09-24-2012, 02:57 PM
yes, I recall that draft thread pretty well and yes, people did say we better not draft Russel Wilson.

I'm sure that's what you meant. We should have had the guts to draft a QB in the third round.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 02:58 PM
I don't give a shit what their regular season rankings were.

It's nice that you can make up your own rules. And you still failed to answer the question.

I watched these Superbowls and the winning teams had great defensive play. Raging because someone says that you need defense AND a QB just makes you look fucking stupid dude.

More proof that you are a stoned fucking moron

Bump
09-24-2012, 03:00 PM
It's nice that you can make up your own rules. And you still failed to answer the question.

More proof that you are a stoned ****ing moron

So the Giants D didn't play well in those 2 Superbowls?

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 03:00 PM
You need both a defense and QB is an idiotic comment?

You guys are unreal.

That's not what you said, dumbass. JFC, are you baked out of your mind?

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 03:01 PM
So the Giants D didn't play well in those 2 Superbowls?

I'm not answering your question until you answer mine, moron.

Bump
09-24-2012, 03:03 PM
why don;t you tell me how I'm wrong? You're only argument is "you are a fucking moron"

that's all you can say. You can't tell me why you think I'm wrong. Your only answer is "you are a fucking idiot"

which makes me think the same about you. If that's the best rebuttal to an argument you can come up with dude.........

Why am I wrong?

tell me how bad the Giants defense was in those Superbowls? It's amazing that a "stoned fucking moron" is the one trying to have a decent debate, which you obviously aren't capable of.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 03:06 PM
why don;t you tell me how I'm wrong? You're only argument is "you are a fucking moron"

that's all you can say. You can't tell me why you think I'm wrong. Your only answer is "you are a fucking idiot"

which makes me think the same about you. If that's the best rebuttal to an argument you can come up with dude.........

Why am I wrong?

tell me how bad the Giants defense was in those Superbowls? It's amazing that a "stoned fucking moron" is the one trying to have a decent debate, which you obviously aren't capable of.

JFC, you aren't worth my time if that's your argument. You're fucking dumber than I had previously thought.

Good job.

Bump
09-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Dane, I get it. Trolling is fun for you. It is kind of fun every once in a while, I won't lie.

Reerun_KC
09-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Give me a 1st round QB and a top 10 defense and I would be happy...

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Dane, I get it. Trolling is fun for you. It is kind of fun every once in a while, I won't lie.

Just shut the fuck up, you fucking moron.

The Giants, Packers, Cardinals and Colts were amongst the worst ranked defenses in the fucking league (31 for the Packers, Giants and Cards). That didn't stop any of those teams from making the playoffs or getting to the Super Bowl.

You're talking out of your ass because you refuse to acknowledge the facts. Either that, or you unaware of the facts, which makes you look even dumber.

The bottom line is that you have no fucking clue and shouldn't be involved in a conversation in which you're so unbelievably clueless.

Fucking moron.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Give me a 1st round QB and a top 10 defense and I would be happy...

Who wouldn't?

How many Super Bowls in the last decade have been won by teams with a top 10 defense and a franchise QB?

Red Dawg
09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Hell yes they should have.

Tribal Warfare
09-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Who wouldn't?

How many Super Bowls in the last decade have been won by teams with a top 10 defense and a franchise QB?

or even a top 15 to 20

Reerun_KC
09-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Who wouldn't?

Not many....

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 03:45 PM
why don;t you tell me how I'm wrong?

Because it's clear that you're talking out of your stoned ass.

You stated that I "failed" because I said defense doesn't win championships anymore. If that's the case, why have recent Super Bowl winners had defenses in the bottom third of the league? Hell, the Packers were 31st!

Explain it, you drooling Mongo.

Chiefaholic
09-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Looks like Dane is back to his old self again....

To win today you need BOTH a franchise quarterback AND a solid defense. Look at the Pack last year or the Chiefs during the Green / Holmes era. Both teams scored points on damn near every drive. However, neither team could stop the opponent either. Both the Pack of last year and the Chiefs of the Vermeil era were exploited in the playoffs when they had to play a team with a legitimate defense. Who gives a rats ass if you can score 35 points a game when the opponent scores 40? Had the Saints had a defense yesterday, they would have trounced the Chiefs.

Skyy God
09-24-2012, 04:01 PM
This has shaped up to be as lopsided as whether you should stick your d**k in a car door or supermodel.

Ming the Merciless
09-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Looking back on it , Sure.....it wouldve been a viable way to go...

But its not like a 2nd round pick was way too much for a shot at a QB....They swung the bat on Cassel, and missed...

I wasn't here for the draft that season but was there THAT many people saying we should get Flacco? I don't feel like searching the forum..LOL....

Would probably be better off with Flacco than Cassel at this point , I will say...although I dunno if I wouldve thought that a couple seasons ago...

edit: AND, I don't know if he is a franchise caliber guy STILL....isn't he more of a game manager/defense/run offense type of system QB?

Ace Gunner
09-24-2012, 04:08 PM
A good QB beats a good defense. But keep being the idiot you are.

Tom Brady called he said you're a fucking fool to say Eli is better than he is. He also wants you to know he lost the fucking championship game to the NYG defense, not Eli.

Jeesh. Some ppl are dense as hell.

KCTitus
09-24-2012, 04:15 PM
I think the Chiefs should have drafted Brady over Darnell Alford...dammit Carl!

Bump
09-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Just shut the **** up, you ****ing moron.

The Giants, Packers, Cardinals and Colts were amongst the worst ranked defenses in the ****ing league (31 for the Packers, Giants and Cards). That didn't stop any of those teams from making the playoffs or getting to the Super Bowl.

You're talking out of your ass because you refuse to acknowledge the facts. Either that, or you unaware of the facts, which makes you look even dumber.

The bottom line is that you have no ****ing clue and shouldn't be involved in a conversation in which you're so unbelievably clueless.

****ing moron.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/images-1.jpg

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Looks like Dane is back to his old self again....

How so? This tool called me out but couldn't back up his argument. End of story.

To win today you need BOTH a franchise quarterback AND a solid defense. Look at the Pack last year or the Chiefs during the Green / Holmes era. Both teams scored points on damn near every drive. However, neither team could stop the opponent either. Both the Pack of last year and the Chiefs of the Vermeil era were exploited in the playoffs when they had to play a team with a legitimate defense. Who gives a rats ass if you can score 35 points a game when the opponent scores 40? Had the Saints had a defense yesterday, they would have trounced the Chiefs.

Wrong. The Cardinals of 2008 had the 31st ranked defense and were two minutes from a Super Bowl victory. The Packers had the 31st ranked defense and won the Super Bowl. The Giants and Pats were ranked in the bottom five last year and the Giants won the Super Bowl.

The old adage that "Defense wins Championships" no longer applies. The rules have been changed over the past ten years to where it's required that you have a Franchise QB or stay home.

Having a great defense means absolutely nothing if you don't have a Franchise QB.

Bump
09-24-2012, 06:30 PM
How so? This tool called me out but couldn't back up his argument. End of story.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/GLgxq.gif

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Funny how Dorsey replacement already has 2 sacks in one game while Dorsey hasn't generated anything

Bowser
09-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I say we give it another 3 years just to be sure.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2012, 04:17 PM

Damn good point.

notorious
09-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Our coaches would have fucked up Joe Montana.

The only guy who could have played through our shit coaches the last 7 years is John fucking Elway.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Relevent bump....

Rausch
11-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Duh.

Should the Chiefs have drafted any QB over any DL in the top 10?

Yes.

Forever, yes...

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Herp Derp

Oh Snap
11-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh lawdy is OP a profit? At the time, Dorsey seemed to make perfect sense. He was regarded as being the best player in that draft. But it was pretty damn obvious we needed a QB since Trent Green.

I also feel Dorsey is being misused in a 3-4. His play is much better suited for a 4-3 style of defense.

mcaj22
11-11-2012, 02:06 PM
wheres the "Should the Chiefs have drafted Andy Dalton over Jon Baldwin?" thread

because that one is very realistic

Chieftain58
11-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Hmmmmm....

IM just saying....

How about staying a 4-3 Defense instead of busting your 1st round pick! Remember they changed after they drafted him to a 3-4

ILChief
11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
wheres the "Should the Chiefs have drafted Andy Dalton over Jon Baldwin?" thread

Eh I'm not a big Dalton fan. I would rather have Cassel who we know is crap and has to be replaced opposed to being tied to dalton for the future hoping he becomes a top QB

Rasputin
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM

Yes this. LOL Jon Baldwin still could have been picked up in the second maybe? I don't think his stock in the draft was that high iirc.

Easy 6
11-11-2012, 03:18 PM

Yes, yes it is.

No name Dalton just whipped up on the champions.

Deberg_1990
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Bump : )

AussieChiefsFan
01-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Flacco is one if many players that would have been a better choice than Dorsey

Ebolapox
01-20-2013, 08:15 PM
wow, hindsight showing that the reach QB is better than the OMG TOP TALENT OF THE DRAFT. shocker.

Molitoth
01-20-2013, 08:20 PM
wow, hindsight showing that the reach QB is better than the OMG TOP TALENT OF THE DRAFT. shocker.

This.

KCrockaholic
01-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Had we passed on Dorsey, we'd be banging our heads for the next 15 years thinking about why we passed on him. IMO, Dorsey with just about any DC who's team picked after us would turn Dorsey into a monster.

Good thing we aren't banging our heads lol.

Deberg_1990
01-20-2013, 08:33 PM

Look at the thread creation date. Alot of Us knew back then it was a mistake to pass on a QB.

Ebolapox
01-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Look at the thread creation date. Alot of knew back then it was a mistake to pass on a QB.

WOW, HOLY SHIT, I DIDN'T THINK TO LOOK?!?

the bump was what I was referring to, obviously.

Saccopoo
01-20-2013, 09:04 PM

Prophetic.

I hope we draft Lotulelei or Joeckel.

That will get us competing for sure.

doomy3
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Look at the thread creation date. Alot of Us knew back then it was a mistake to pass on a QB.

Well, except for you didn't really say anything back when you started this thread. You didn't at all say that it was a mistake to pass on Flacco.

DeezNutz
01-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Solid reminder that a QB with a lot of natural talent can still take a few years to reach his full potential. Doesn't mean he has to suck early, as Flacco clearly wasn't "bad," but he has been an ascending player for some time.

In his prime now, though.

ChiefsCountry
01-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Solid reminder that a QB with a lot of natural talent can still take a few years to reach his full potential. Doesn't mean he has to suck early, as Flacco clearly wasn't "bad," but he has been an ascending player for some time.

Translation he hit age 27/28 thats when they start winning Super Bowls.

tk13
01-20-2013, 09:22 PM

It is. I think the same is true of Matt Ryan. I wouldn't close the book on him yet either. As long as they can keep Ryan/White/Jones together they are going to be dangerous.

Honestly, another guy is Andy Dalton. He's gotten ripped on here the last couple years for choking in the playoffs... but he's gotten them there in a brutal division his first two years.

crossbow
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
We could have had both. We used the pick we got from the Jarrad Allen fiasco that Carl created to take Branden Albert at 15 and the Ravens took Flacco at 18. So we screwed the pooch twice. This is what teams do when they are afraid to draft a QB. They watch other teams go to the Super Bowl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NFL_Draft

Ace Gunner
01-20-2013, 09:35 PM
This is a solid reminder Carl P handicapped this franchise & Glenn Dorsey is crap.

Lex Luthor
01-20-2013, 09:35 PM
I can't get upset now about anyone the Chiefs have passed on the last several years. If the Chiefs had a better quarterback instead of Cassel, they'd have won a few more games, and we'd still have Scott fucking Polio as the general manager.

From now on, I only look forward, not back.

DeezNutz
01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
It is. I think the same is true of Matt Ryan. I wouldn't close the book on him yet either. As long as they can keep Ryan/White/Jones together they are going to be dangerous.

Honestly, another guy is Andy Dalton. He's gotten ripped on here the last couple years for choking in the playoffs... but he's gotten them there in a brutal division his first two years.

All good points.

I have to laugh when I read some of the scouting reports or even posts on this site that say, "His upside is Matt Ryan" as if this is some type of critique.

Ryan is absolutely, no question, a franchise QB. We should be thrilled to death if we draft a QB who ends up being this good.

Hell, I'd give away the Chiefs entire draft in '13 to have Matt Ryan, who will turn 28 this spring.

Gravedigger
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Should the Chiefs have drafted Kaepernick over Poe.... stop it with these questions when the answer is so blatantly obvious that it frustrates the fans because their drafting has sucked for so long.

DTLB58
01-20-2013, 10:13 PM
The Chiefs should have drafted any QB over these position players we have that keep getting brought up.

Seriously? Flacco, Rodgers, who is it gonna be next? Yes, yes, yes!

You need a QB to win!

BossChief
01-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Hopefully, after the draft, we won need to start a thread on if we should have drafted Geno over Joeckel.

Mecca
01-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Should the Chiefs have drafted Kaepernick over Poe.... stop it with these questions when the answer is so blatantly obvious that it frustrates the fans because their drafting has sucked for so long.

Considering they weren't in the same draft that would require some serious work to pull off.

tony77
01-20-2013, 10:50 PM
YES YES YES. Damn carl!

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Flacco doesn't develop into the guy we've been watching if he plays for the Chiefs. Simple as that.

the Talking Can
01-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Prophetic.

I hope we draft Lotulelei or Joeckel.

That will get us competing for sure.

yeah, there is no excuse anymore for advocating for a positional player over a QB on the basis of 'risk' or 'value'....

we have lived that mistake...

drafting a LT would be proof you just don't give a shit

Chief Roundup
01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Flacco doesn't develop into the guy we've been watching if he plays for the Chiefs. Simple as that.

DeezNutz
01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
yeah, there is no excuse anymore for advocating for a positional player over a QB on the basis of 'risk' or 'value'....

we have lived that mistake...

drafting a LT would be proof you just don't give a shit

Until we find one, our draft philosophy with our first pick in every single draft should be "Best QB available."

That's true in '13, obviously. But if Geno (let's say Dorsey/Reid believe he's the top QB for the sake of argument) doesn't flash in year one, the above philosophy should apply to the '14 draft, too. And on, and on, and on.

Gone are the days of total patience. No flash? Keep trying to add viable talent to the position. Concerns arise (Geno shows signs of __ concern)? Keep trying to add viable talent to the position.

And we accomplish this through the draft.

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2013, 09:27 AM
I have more sympathy for these type of threads if you actually call for the player in the draft thread.

01-21-2013, 09:53 AM

Sadly, you are probably right. Our coaches at the time would never have given him a legitimate opportunity to play.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-22-2013, 11:38 AM
This bump underscores the need to draft Geno.

That is all.

FlaChief58
01-22-2013, 11:42 AM
But...but, there are no good qbs in this draft. The Chiefs should not take the risk in drafting one with the first pick overall.

He'd be good for the faid at #3 though :facepalm:

Rambozo
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Personally, I think the Ravens would have taken Dorsey over Flacco back then. Hindsight is 20/20.

Deberg_1990
02-03-2013, 10:08 PM
We passed on both Rodgers and Flacco..... :facepalm:

This calls for an old school Damnit Carl!

notorious
02-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Our coaches would have completely wasted Flacco's talent.

Smed1065
02-03-2013, 11:02 PM

This calls for an old school Damnit Carl!

A month ago, people here would not have traded the first this year for him. :doh!:

ROFLMAO.

Smed1065
02-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Our coaches would have completely wasted Flacco's talent.

So is it the players or coaches?

How do you know this?

Link?

:thumb:

Bowser
02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
I THINK WE DID OK GUYS

BossChief
02-04-2013, 12:17 AM
We pass on Drew Brees to trade for Trent Green.

We pass on Aaron Rodgers to take Derrick Johnson.

We pass on Joe Flacco to take Glenn Dorsey and then pass on him again to take Brandon Albert.

If we pass on Geno and trade/sign Alex Smith, nobody should be surprised.

Our choice to be a fan.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2013, 03:38 AM

We pass on Joe Flacco to take Glenn Dorsey and then pass on him again to take Brandon Albert.

Our choice to be a fan.

We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats.

They invade our space, and we fall back.

They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again.

The line must be drawn here! This far and no further!

And I will make them pay for what they've done!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loo9g6HWUz1qlctfho1_500.gif

suzzer99
02-04-2013, 04:03 AM

But there was no Luck or RGIII those years. Can't reach, gotta take the safe pick.

Rausch
02-04-2013, 04:35 AM
We'll be trading for Flacco's b/u before the draft...

AussieChiefsFan
02-04-2013, 05:45 AM
Too many "what ifs" for one day.

Deberg_1990
02-04-2013, 07:15 AM

Our choice to be a fan.

heh.......they might lose me as a fan if they dont take a chance and draft a 1st round QB. Dont know how much more i can take.

BoneKrusher
02-04-2013, 07:17 AM
heh.......they might lose me as a fan if they dont take a chance and draft a 1st round QB. Dont know how much more i can take.

yeah i agree.
it's getting old playing w/o a QB year after year.

bevischief
02-04-2013, 07:24 AM
We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats.

They invade our space, and we fall back.

They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again.

The line must be drawn here! This far and no further!

And I will make them pay for what they've done!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loo9g6HWUz1qlctfho1_500.gif

This.

GloryDayz
02-04-2013, 07:35 AM
LOL, that hindsight shit is 20/20....

Deberg_1990
02-04-2013, 07:36 AM

I created the thread 11-30-2008

notorious
02-04-2013, 07:45 AM
So is it the players or coaches?

How do you know this?

Link?

:thumb:

It's Monday morning, and I assume you are being sarcastic. If not:

Herm Edwards

BossChief
02-04-2013, 08:25 AM

ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
02-04-2013, 08:51 AM
heh.......they might lose me as a fan if they dont take a chance and draft a 1st round QB. Dont know how much more i can take.Of course, Alex Smith is a #1 overall QB.

ChiTown
02-04-2013, 08:55 AM

A lot. A LOT of truth in all of this.

Dayze
02-04-2013, 08:57 AM
I envision Matt Flynn, Alex Smith, Mike Vick as our QB next year;
Joekel with the 1st pick.

.....and I'll puke in my hat.

RyFo18
02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Flacco would have been nice, but coaching goes a long way too.

Rausch
02-04-2013, 09:03 AM
A lot. A LOT of truth in all of this.

Yup.

It's the fear of being wrong.

Apparently this doesn't matter if we take some true-fan position but a QB......OH, well fuck us if we miss on one QB...

ChiTown
02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Yup.

It's the fear of being wrong.

Apparently this doesn't matter if we take some true-fan position but a QB......OH, well **** us if we miss on one QB...

Being wrong is one thing, and being afraid of being wrong is another. This Organization just flat out stopped trying at that position (relative to drafting and developing your own QB).

I'm still holding out hope for the next Mike Elkins........

Rausch
02-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Being wrong is one thing, and being afraid...

This.

"With the first pick in the NFL draft the KC Chiefs select..."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2vMboewHBGE/TV87tu7Lm-I/AAAAAAAAKWc/mdFXXrCifB8/s1600/Episode%2010%20-%20Clint%20Jun%20Gamboa%20004_0001.jpg

Deberg_1990
02-04-2013, 09:45 AM

**** no.

Flacco instead of Brandon Albert is a better question. Seriously folks, I know everyone is stinging from Ryan Sims, but Dorsey is going to be a stud. Period.

I still wouldn't take Flacco.

I'm just not a big fan.

He has great disposal of weapons in Baltimore. He came into a perfect situation with a dominating defense.

My eyesight is perfect in a hindsight 20/20 world.

ROFL

htismaqe
02-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Of course, Alex Smith is a #1 overall QB.

That has looked horrible for 80% of his career.

Deberg_1990
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Welp, thread over.....

The Franchise
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Can we just change your name to Bump?

Goldmember
03-13-2013, 03:05 PM
No because he'd be out of the league by now. Chiefs suck at QB grooming due to lack of experience

BlackHelicopters
03-13-2013, 04:32 PM
I love hindsight.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2013, 04:46 PM

Jesus.

OnTheWarpath15
03-13-2013, 04:50 PM

Holy shit, this is like seeing Jesus' face in a pile of candy wrappers in an Arrowhead stairwell.

DeezNutz
03-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Jesus.

My reading: hopeful plea to a higher power to save us from the abyss of mediocrity, uttered as a tentative question.

Best silver-lining I can come up with now that Dorsey noted that Alex Smith is our "QB of the future."

kcxiv
03-13-2013, 04:53 PM
No because he'd be out of the league by now. Chiefs suck at QB grooming due to lack of experience

how do we know? They havent really tried it since 1983.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2013, 09:31 PM
My reading: hopeful plea to a higher power to save us from the abyss of mediocrity, uttered as a tentative question.

Best silver-lining I can come up with now that Dorsey noted that Alex Smith is our "QB of the future."

He really said "QBOTF"? That changes a great many things for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
03-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Anything i potentially said way back in this thread, probably something sophomoric about joes eyebrows if i had to guess... please disregard.

Flacco is the new mad bomber and Dorsey plays for a new team.

Chiefshrink
03-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Hmmmmm....

IM just saying....

NOPE ! Because this organization has never been about developing QBs. Flacco would have gone to waste because we have never been in a position to develop a QBOTF. It's obvious now we should have passed on Dorsey but Flacco would have been a wasted pick as well for the very reason I just mentioned.

#1 Bronco's Fan
03-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Hmmmmm....

IM just saying....

duh......

alanm
03-14-2013, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by PastorMikH http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5258938#post5258938)
--------------

Whatever became of PastorMikH? I don't believe I've seen him post in a Looooooooong time!

alanm
03-14-2013, 02:10 AM
how do we know? They havent really tried it since 1983.30 yrs is too soon still. :banghead:

Deberg_1990
01-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Well, what's the consensus?
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
01-03-2015, 10:31 PM
I'd rather watch a Twilight movie than read another DeBerg thread.

KCFalcon59
01-03-2015, 10:32 PM
I'd rather watch a Twilight movie than read another OLD DeBerg thread.

Fyp

Reerun_KC
01-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Uh. No.

Reerun_KC
01-03-2015, 10:36 PM

Typical trash by this guy.

Reerun_KC
01-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Flacco is a bust...

No two ways about it.
Ouch. F'd that up. Well done douche nozzle

Reerun_KC
01-03-2015, 10:38 PM

Lol sarcasm much.

alpha_omega
01-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Welp, thread over.....

Apparently not. The answer is still yes.

jonzie04
01-03-2015, 10:41 PM
I wish lol. The bigger goof is Donald Stephenson over Russel Wilson by 1 draft spot. And then Jeff Allen ahead of Alshon Jeffrey by one pick.

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Typical trash by this guy.
You're an idiot.

Dorsey was a no brainer pick.

Flacco wasn't good in the playoffs early on. He's been excellent the last few years.

Flacco is a much better player than Dorsey. But I guess captain hindsight comes along to call people idiots. Good work.

Eleazar
01-04-2015, 12:27 AM
You can't evaluate this stuff without looking at the fact that Flacco was drafted #18 overall, which means half the other teams in the league liked another player more, too.

BigCatDaddy
01-04-2015, 12:37 AM
You can't evaluate this stuff without looking at the fact that Flacco was drafted #18 overall, which means half the other teams in the league liked another player more, too.

Or maybe didn't have a need at QB? Rookie QB's got paid a shit more back then to so teams were less likely to pull the trigger on one.

alanm
01-04-2015, 12:37 AM
Still wondering whatever became of PastorMikH? Should we file him away in Mr Blonde's file also?
Correction: He's still around. He last visited on 12-7-14 Apparently he just doesn't post. :shrug:

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2015, 12:43 AM
You're an idiot.

Dorsey was a no brainer pick.

Flacco wasn't good in the playoffs early on. He's been excellent the last few years.

Flacco is a much better player than Dorsey. But I guess captain hindsight comes along to call people idiots. Good work.
I hated the Dorsey pick from day one. Micro fracture of his knee, no real position, Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Eric Downey, etc.

Bad selection, period.

kcxiv
01-04-2015, 12:48 AM
Thats just the Chiefs being the Chiefs. Its sad that we waste so many players careers for nothing. They have to leave to have success. Damned shame.

No QB you dont have shit.

alanm
01-04-2015, 12:50 AM
I hated the Dorsey pick from day one. Micro fracture of his knee, no real position, Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Eric Downey, etc.

Bad selection, period.There's a veritable Who's who of fail. :shake:

suzzer99
01-04-2015, 12:56 AM
The Saints wanted to trade us their first round pick in 2009 to move up 2 spots. We could have gotten Flacco in 2008 then picked up Maclin or Harvin in 2009 with the extra pick.

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2015, 12:58 AM

Bad selection, period.

There were reasons not to take Dorsey. But he was a consensus top 10 pick and most people easily had him slotted at top 5. If not Dorsey, Ellis, Clady, and McKelvin were high on everyone's boards. Of course in hindsight, I'd take Flacco over all those guys. But hindsight is 20/20.

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2015, 01:13 AM
Exactly. The 'I told you so' attitude doesn't work here. I don't think anybody had flacco slotted this high given the talent in this draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2015, 01:18 AM
Glenn Dorsey was the consensus best player in the draft if not factoring in positional value. It's revisionist history to tear him down now. Dorsey the player is not Dorsey the prospect.

chiefs1111
01-04-2015, 01:38 AM
The Saints wanted to trade us their first round pick in 2009 to move up 2 spots. We could have gotten Flacco in 2008 then picked up Maclin or Harvin in 2009 with the extra pick.

Oh man I remember that

Gadzooks
01-04-2015, 01:48 AM
Oh man I remember that

Flacco is shitty and the entire Ravens team is shitty.

You guys picked Dorsey and tried to fit a square peg into a round hole (4-3 DT vs. 3-4 DE).

Smith is just as shitty as Flacco. Hold your heads up high.

listopencil
01-04-2015, 01:51 AM
Glenn Dorsey was the consensus best player in the draft if not factoring in positional value. It's revisionist history to tear him down now. Dorsey the player is not Dorsey the prospect.

I saw him play in college a bit. He looked ridiculously good. I was actually worried when KC drafted him because he looked like he was going to tear shit up in the NFL.

Gadzooks
01-04-2015, 01:55 AM
I saw him play in college a bit. He looked ridiculously good. I was actually worried when KC drafted him because he looked like he was going to tear shit up in the NFL.

I was worried too until I saw how the Chiefs were going to use him. What a waste...LMAO

FloridaMan88
01-04-2015, 03:55 AM
In that 2008 draft the Chiefs were basically one pick away from being able to draft Matt Ryan.

He went third to Atlanta and although the Raiders drafted 4th, since they had just drafted JaMarcus Russell the year before they would have passed on Ryan, leaving him available for the Chiefs to draft at 5th overall.

MahiMike
01-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Where all the flacco haters at?

keg in kc
01-04-2015, 10:01 AM
While I'm soundly in the "we need to draft a QB/we have to draft a QB" camp I wonder if any young QB could have survived here from 2006 on? Between the coaching staffs and the offensive lines, I'm not sure we wouldn't have doomed them all from the start. Which isn't to say we shouldn't have drafted any, but I wonder if the Joe Flacco in Baltimore would be the same player had he been here? What about Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford? I don't think Mark Sanchez could have been much worse than he was in New York, but maybe he would have been.

Then again, maybe if the organization had been evolved enough to draft a quarterback, then maybe they would have been more adept at building the roster at other spots, too.

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2015, 10:10 AM

Bad selection, period.

Bad selection? Sure, in hindsight.

At the time, he was a no-brainer.

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Speaking of hindsight, I'd definitely take Flacco if I could do it over.

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2015, 10:13 AM
There were reasons not to take Dorsey. But he was a consensus top 10 pick and most people easily had him slotted at top 5. If not Dorsey, Ellis, Clady, and McKelvin were high on everyone's boards. Of course in hindsight, I'd take Flacco over all those guys. But hindsight is 20/20.

Sometimes hindsight is 50/50...

BossChief
01-04-2015, 10:16 AM
The worst part is that iirc we were in a 3 way tie with Atlanta and Oakland for the 3 spot and lost the coin flip.

Who am I kidding...we would have probably taken a linemen anyway.

Deberg_1990
01-04-2015, 10:27 AM
I guess the Chiefs at the time had a lot of faith in Brodie Croyle?

How do you go into a season with Damon Huard and Croyle, coming off a 4 win season and not look to draft a QB?

BigCatDaddy
01-04-2015, 01:30 PM
**** hindsight. The NFL is a get if right business and they got it wrong.