PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs With 4 games left on the schedule .....

royr17
12-01-2008, 05:53 AM
With 4 games left on the schedule I could very well see the Chiefs going 3-1.

Next up is Denver, San Diego, Miami, and Cincinatti. Look for the Chiefs to win Sunday against Denver. After that win against Oakland even though it was a low scoring game, it had to be a confidence booster for them.

You can just call me a homer, I dont care. But we could finish at 5-11, by the end of the year.

Denver Win
San Diego Win
Miami Loss
Cincinatti Win

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-01-2008, 06:17 AM
Stop at one child. Please.

12-01-2008, 06:18 AM
homer

royr17
12-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Hehe, well what do you expect ?

InChiefsHeaven
12-01-2008, 07:03 AM
I think two more wins are believable, those being the Bolts and the Bungholes. Denver will revenge themselves for getting clowned by the worst team(s) in the division at home. Plus, they are actually playing for something. Chiefs not so much. The Bolts...we'll just beat them. No real reason, we just will. Miami has our number, and they are actually playing for something as well. The Bungholes...actually my wife's uncle is a big Bunghole fan, so I just want us to beat those pricks...

...Chiefs 4-12 like last season, we'll still get a top 5 pick.

KCJohnny
12-01-2008, 07:31 AM

You remarks are evil. I can only hope this is your version of humor, because it is hateful and worthy of condemnation.

KCJohnny
12-01-2008, 07:32 AM
With 4 games left on the schedule I could very well see the Chiefs going 3-1.

Next up is Denver, San Diego, Miami, and Cincinatti. Look for the Chiefs to win Sunday against Denver. After that win against Oakland even though it was a low scoring game, it had to be a confidence booster for them.

You can just call me a homer, I dont care. But we could finish at 5-11, by the end of the year.

Denver Win
San Diego Win
Miami Loss
Cincinatti Win

I think you are right - we might not grab 5 wins but we will continue our progress and be in the last 4 contests til the end. The Bills game was an aberration. The real Chiefs are ascendant.

Homers rule!

TEX
12-01-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm sticking with my preseason pick of 3-13 and say we'll only beat the Natti.

Fairplay
12-01-2008, 07:45 AM

I found this comment humorous. People need to lighten up and laugh.

cardken
12-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Optimistically, 2-2, realistically 1-3, probability 0-4:cuss:

Reerun_KC
12-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Hopefully 0-4... Winning on ensures more losing in the future with Herm...

MIAdragon
12-01-2008, 12:16 PM
0-4 baby Cincy hangs 33 on us.

blueballs
12-01-2008, 12:17 PM
please
no spoilers
-ESP challanged

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 12:17 PM
I think the Chiefs lose at Denver and win out.

They could have beat San Diego in San Diego and right now, they're an awful team.

The Dolphins at Arrowhead? I'll take the Chiefs.

Cincinnati is worse than Detroit.

5-11.

Top Ten pick.

Rey Maualuga, come on down!

StcChief
12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
"the Natti" ROFL is that the new "Bungholes".

Reerun_KC
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
0-4 baby Cincy hangs 33 on us.

God I hope so, will be praying hard!

evolve27
Don't jinx us. We can only win against Cincy. The Chiefs will eff up the draft so position is deflated to me anymore. :(

BigChiefFan
1-3 for a 3-13 record.

Skip Towne
12-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Hopefully 0-4... Winning on ensures more losing in the future with Herm...

When we finally do get rid of Herm I hope we get a coach you approve of. I'm going to ride and ridicule him to no end

suds79
We were 1-10 prior to Sunday.

Then we beat a really bad team with a horrible QB mainly because they tried a fake field-goal where the holder tosses the ball between his legs.

Now we could go 3-1? :shake:

We'll probably get rolled next week.

Reerun_KC
When we finally do get rid of Herm I hope we get a coach you approve of. I'm going to ride and ridicule him to no end

Okay, whatever floats your boat....

Reerun_KC
12-01-2008, 12:21 PM

Then we beat a really bad team with a horrible QB mainly because they tried a fake field-goal where the holder tosses the ball between his legs.

:D

blueballs
12-01-2008, 12:22 PM
The Rat is a vengeful man
it get him through the day to day
Mile High will be bad

xbarretx
12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
The Rat is a vengeful man
it get him through the day to day
Mile High will be bad

yeah, plus he'd never live down being swept by the chiefs during one of their worst seasons LMAO

blueballs
12-01-2008, 12:27 PM
yeah, plus he'd never live down being swept by the chiefs during one of their worst seasons LMAO

He's face will turn beet red
and his head would explode
Hamas fashion

Fish
12-01-2008, 12:28 PM
God I hope so, will be praying hard!

Praying for Chiefs losses because you don't like the coach?

Yeah Happy Holidays....

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Yeah Happy Holidays....

What's even more ridiculous is that without injuries to Brendan Flowers and Derrick Johnson, I fully believe the Chiefs would be 4-8 right now (wins in San Diego & Tampa Bay).

But people would really be bitching if the Chiefs went 7-9 with the youngest team in the league.

Herm and Dick Curl suck! Even with 16 rookie starting and contributing!

:rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
What's even more ridiculous is that without injuries to Brendan Flowers and Derrick Johnson, I fully believe the Chiefs would be 4-8 right now (wins in San Diego & Tampa Bay).

But people would really be bitching if the Chiefs went 7-9 with the youngest team in the league.

:rolleyes:What was the excuse last year for the 4-12 record?

The Franchise
12-01-2008, 12:34 PM
1-3 with a win over Cincinatti at the end of the year.

3-13 for the season.

We'll be around the #4-#5 pick in the draft.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 12:49 PM
What was the excuse last year for the 4-12 record?

1) Aging offensive line
2) Loss of LJ

If you'll recall, the Chiefs were 4-3 and in first place in the AFC West before losing LJ and several other players to injury.

The Chiefs needed an off-season enema.

They got it.

Cormac
12-01-2008, 12:49 PM

:rolleyes:

How do you know people would be bitching with 7-9 record with the youngest team in the league?

How about considering the FACTS as they currently stand.....

That won't happen.
Herm is a failed HC.
Carl is a failed GM.
The Chiefs are 2-19 in their last 21 games.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2008, 12:52 PM

Yeah Happy Holidays....

Yep, anything to remove Herm....

Any Happy Holidays to you and yours family as well. Be safe in all your travels. :toast:

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 12:54 PM
How do you know people would be bitching with 7-9 record with the youngest team in the league?

How about considering the FACTS as they currently stand.....

That won't happen.
Herm is a failed HC.
Carl is a failed GM.

ROFL

I think this post is proof positive

Phobia
12-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I found this comment humorous. People need to lighten up and laugh.

If it were directed at me or you, yeah - funny.

Since roy's circumstances are quite a bit different, not so funny. In fact, probably quite a bit beyond insensitive. It's just flat wrong.

I don't go out of my way to agree with KCJ but he's right this time (and apparently about some game prediction from yesterday). So that's two times inside of a month, a new record for.... oh crap. Today is the 1st of December.... foiled by a technicality. Sorry, KCJ.

Phobia
12-01-2008, 01:10 PM

That's just detractor spin right there. The Chiefs are 3-19 in their last 22 games.

Buck
12-01-2008, 01:18 PM
That would be awesome if somehow you guys finish 5-11 and the Bolts finish 4-12. Maybe the Fade can also finish at 5-11, so that the Chargers have the easier schedule and better pick next year.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2008, 01:47 PM
That's just detractor spin right there. The Chiefs are 3-19 in their last 22 games.

:clap: Nice catch! Death to the haters!

MGRS13
12-01-2008, 01:50 PM
0-4 most likly maybe win the one over the bungles, because well they are the bungles. Look the raiders over looked the chiefs, i know its hard to believe a 3 win team can over look someone but thats what happened. Herm finally got to coach against someone who is worse at his job then him. When the raiders went for the fake field goal they were saying "we have 0 respect for the chiefs there is no way we can lose to them." Cable is a total idiot and he really believed he could "coach" his team to a win. We won't run into another coach who is less prepared then herm the rest of the way down the road, Marvin Lewis is a better coach then Herm but there is a good chance his team has packed it in by the last game, hell they look like they've packed it in allready so maybe Herm trips over a win there but thats his only hope. 2-14 boys hope u enjoyed sunday its the last W for a while.

Lzen
12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Rich Scanlon FTW!!

KCChiefsMan
12-01-2008, 04:18 PM
we still makes playoffz is we winz out?

Hammock Parties
12-01-2008, 05:12 PM

You're too late.

RustShack
12-01-2008, 05:27 PM
The Chiefs will win out, I'm calling it.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2008, 05:45 PM
What's funny is that at the beginning of the year, most of this board just wanted to see improvement over the last half of the season.

So what happens?

- The offense goes from scoring 12 ppg to scoring 24 ppg.

- The team goes from an average margin of defeat of 21 points in their first 5 losses, compared to an average margin of defeat of 8 points in their last 5 losses - including a 23 point defeat against Buffalo.

- The rush defense has risen from the 30th ranked unit, giving up over 160 ypg, to the 12th ranked unit, giving up 118 ypg.

Yet people would rather bitch that we've fucked up our draft status by winning a game...

God forbid we would have won a few of the others that we likely would have with even average coaching. (NYJ, TB, SD)

With a new GM, coaching staff, and 2 more solid drafts, this team makes the playoffs in 2010.

Sadly, we're likely not getting the first two, so...

stumppy
12-01-2008, 05:51 PM

You are about a classless piece of shit aren't you?

Bearcat
12-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah, this win could be a confidence booster, or they could lose 34-0... hard to tell.

What's funny is that at the beginning of the year, most of this board just wanted to see improvement over the last half of the season.

So what happens?

- The team goes from an average margin of defeat of 21 points in their first 5 losses, compared to an average margin of defeat of 8 points in their last 5 losses - including a 23 point defeat against Buffalo.

- The rush defense has risen from the 30th ranked unit, giving up over 160 ypg, to the 12th ranked unit, giving up 118 ypg.

Yet people would rather bitch that we've ****ed up our draft status by winning a game...

God forbid we would have won a few of the others that we likely would have with even average coaching. (NYJ, TB, SD)

With a new GM, coaching staff, and 2 more solid drafts, this team makes the playoffs in 2010.

I've liked what I've seen in the past several weeks... I don't care about the draft pick as much as I care about the possibility of giving Herm another chance.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 06:18 PM

So what happens?

Yet people would rather bitch that we've fucked up our draft status by winning a game...

About 5 of us out of the 10,000 members see it this way. It's astounding how so many people are missing the big picture.

Well, I guess "astounding" is the correct word for Chiefsplanet.

Stupid is more like it.

BigRock
12-01-2008, 06:31 PM
@ Denver - Chiefs already beat them. They've never been able to stop LJ even when their defense was good. In the last game LJ was all we had offensively and they still couldn't stop him. Now there's actually a passing game for them to worry about.

But it's in Denver, where KC never wins. BUT the Broncos seem to be sucking at home and have actually played better on the road lately. But BUT will the Donks make the same boneheaded turnovers they made last time?

Verdict: We could win this game. But we also might lose.

San Diego: We almost beat them in their own house. And if I heard correctly earlier today, San Diego has to win out and Denver has to go 1-3 or 0-4 the rest of the way for the Chargers to make the playoffs. San Diego is playing the Raiders this week, which seems like a win, but you never know with this group.

If they lose to the Raiders, they will be officially out of it when they come to KC and will have nothing to play for. That could lead to a KC win. If they beat the Raiders and we lose to Denver, they're still technically in it, but they've still technically been in it ("it" being the playoff race) for several of these games they've blown.

If they beat the Raiders and we beat Denver, then they really have something to play for.

Verdict: We might win this one. However, a loss is possible.

Miami: They haven't looked that good recently, but I think they're better than we are.

Verdict: loss.

@ Cinci: I think they're better than their record, but they're still pretty bad. Yesterday they had Jordan Palmer in at QB. I can easily see them having folded up the tent at this point. But Any Given Sunday blah blah blah.

Verdict: A win looks possible. But a loss would not be shocking.

Final score: 3-1 not too likely, 2-2 possible, 1-3 maybe, 0-4 no way but you never know.

stevieray
12-01-2008, 06:34 PM

So what happens?

Yet people would rather bitch that we've ****ed up our draft status by winning a game...

Excellent post. The D leads the league in turnovers...go figure..but that doesn't come form a totally crappy defense ... and considering the injuries..Clark wanted to see them competitive, regardless of wins...and let's be honest, the refs did screw us in the opener on the road....would have been a huge confidence builder...

This team is gonna be on fire by the time the stadium is finished, IMO...

SAUTO
12-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Excellent post. The D leads the league in turnovers...go figure..but that doesn't come form a totally crappy defense ... and considering the injuries..Clark wanted to see them competitive, regardless of wins...and let's be honest, the refs did screw us in the opener on the road....would have been a huge confidence builder...

This team is gonna be on fire by the time the stadium is finished, IMO...

crossing fingers

Hammock Parties
12-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I think the Chiefs lose at Denver and win out.

They could have beat San Diego in San Diego and right now, they're an awful team.

The Dolphins at Arrowhead? I'll take the Chiefs.

Cincinnati is worse than Detroit.

5-11.

Top Ten pick.

Rey Maualuga, come on down!

You're turning into KCJohnny.

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2008, 07:27 PM
KC might get one by the Bengals but that's it

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 07:34 PM
You're turning into KCJohnny.

Please don't insult me like that

Cormac
12-01-2008, 08:47 PM
About 5 of us out of the 10,000 members see it this way. It's astounding how so many people are missing the big picture.

Stupid is more like it.

So 9,995 people are wrong, and Dane McCloud and 4 others are right?

I hate to break it to you, sport, but there are no "rights" and "wrongs" in this.....only opinions.

If you're happy, encouraged, satisfied, even tolerating this fiasco, more power to you. Honestly I'm glad for you. That doesn't mean we're on the right path. It just means that you think we are. That's not a good enough reason for me to change my mind....no offense. Look at the little catch-phrase things under my name. I put those up when Herm was announced HC. So far he is Gunther II (or worse, if that is possible) and I am still "waiting it out". We suck. And just because we're young doesn't really matter. I think there are several players on our squad that could be here 5-8 years from now, still starting. That's great. But I am pretty certain we're not going to be winning any playoff games as long as Herm and Co are here.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2008, 09:02 PM

I hate to break it to you, sport, but there are no "rights" and "wrongs" in this.....only opinions.

If you're happy, encouraged, satisfied, even tolerating this fiasco, more power to you. Honestly I'm glad for you. That doesn't mean we're on the right path. It just means that you think we are. That's not a good enough reason for me to change my mind....no offense. Look at the little catch-phrase things under my name. I put those up when Herm was announced HC. So far he is Gunther II (or worse, if that is possible) and I am still "waiting it out". We suck. And just because we're young doesn't really matter. I think there are several players on our squad that could be here 5-8 years from now, still starting. That's great. But I am pretty certain we're not going to be winning any playoff games as long as Herm and Co are here.

I am 1 of the 9,995...

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2008, 09:06 PM

WTF are you talking about?

Who said anything about right/wrong, or being tolerant of Herm and Co?

Did you even read the post he was referring to?

So what happens?

I'd love to know where you see any tolerance of the coaching staff in that post.

dirk digler
12-01-2008, 09:13 PM

Exactly. We may win 1 game and that depends on if Carson Palmer comes back or not.

cdcox
12-01-2008, 09:44 PM

Stupid is more like it.

Dane and OnTheWarpath58, I'm really trying to understand the position that you are taking. I know neither one of you are fans of Herm. The way I see it is that we are at a crossroads as a rebuilding team.

I picture the Chiefs journey as an attempt to scale Mount Everest. I know how challenging this task is -- I could easily fail even with the best preparation. So I'm planning this very carefully. I'm getting all the right equipment, getting in shape, learning the basics of mountain climbing, and everything else I need to do to make sure I'm ready before I start my journey. I'm ready to start climbing a series of increasingly challenging mountains, that will serve as training for my assault of Everest. I thought I was all set, then I read in a magazine that my hiking boots are not rated for the low temperatures of Everest. This is a huge set back because I;m realdy to start the series of climbs now, and the boots are good enough for all of them except Everest. If I buy new boots, I'll need to spend several months breaking them in on routine hikes and I'll have to delay all of the climbs that I'd planned. So I'm faced with a choice: 1) I do what is needful and buy the right boots, take the time to break them in, then start on my series of climbs; or 2) I press ahead with a pair of boots that I have now, since they are good enough for me to become a very accomplished mountain climber, and there is nothing wrong with that.

We have to lose to get rid of Herm. The rest of this season and maybe next season too. If we start winning, we are going to have him around for another 5 to 10 years., easily. I'm willing to lose now. I'm not willing to take my chances on Herm.

How do you reconcile your opinion of our coach and the desire for an outcome that will ensure he's around for a good long time? This is an honest question.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Every time I think keeping Herm for another year might be a good idea, I read a cdcox post and am jolted back to reality.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Dane and OnTheWarpath58, I'm really trying to understand the position that you are taking. I know neither one of you are fans of Herm. The way I see it is that we are at a crossroads as a rebuilding team.

I picture the Chiefs journey as an attempt to scale Mount Everest. I know how challenging this task is -- I could easily fail even with the best preparation. So I'm planning this very carefully. I'm getting all the right equipment, getting in shape, learning the basics of mountain climbing, and everything else I need to do to make sure I'm ready before I start my journey. I'm ready to start climbing a series of increasingly challenging mountains, that will serve as training for my assault of Everest. I thought I was all set, then I read in a magazine that my hiking boots are not rated for the low temperatures of Everest. This is a huge set back because I;m realdy to start the series of climbs now, and the boots are good enough for all of them except Everest. If I buy new boots, I'll need to spend several months breaking them in on routine hikes and I'll have to delay all of the climbs that I'd planned. So I'm faced with a choice: 1) I do what is needful and buy the right boots, take the time to break them in, then start on my series of climbs; or 2) I press ahead with a pair of boots that I have now, since they are good enough for me to become a very accomplished mountain climber, and there is nothing wrong with that.

We have to lose to get rid of Herm. The rest of this season and maybe next season too. If we start winning, we are going to have him around for another 5 to 10 years., easily. I'm willing to lose now. I'm not willing to take my chances on Herm.

How do you reconcile your opinion of our coach and the desire for an outcome that will ensure he's around for a good long time? This is an honest question.

I thought I made it pretty clear.

Before the season started, people just expected improvement over the last half of the season.

Now, while not necessarily resulting in wins, there has been significant improvement in the last 6 games over the first 6 games.

So, instead of sticking to their word, and being happy with the improvement, people would rather bitch that we've ruined our draft position.

Nothing more, nothing less.

To answer this question:

I'm of the opinion, that while the absolute wrong decision, that Clark decided before the season even started that Herm would be back in 2009 regardless of what happened in 2008.

If you could GUARANTEE that losing out would cost Herm his job, then for the first time in my life, I'd root as hard as I could against my favorite team.

But since you can't, I'm going to enjoy what little I can for the 4 remaining Sundays in the season - and not get worked up about where we may or may not be picking, or who may or may not be coaching the team in 2009.

Fish
12-01-2008, 10:12 PM

Sometimes I get the feeling that people's opinions are more important to them than actual improvement of the team. They'd rather be right and see the team suffer than be wrong and see improvement.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Sometimes I get the feeling that people's opinions are more important to them than actual improvement of the team. They'd rather be right and see the team suffer than be wrong and see improvement.
um... I say it goes for both sides.... The Herm sack riders are loving the limited improvement and hanging on anything they can, cherry picking games, stats anything to make them look like they really see improvement.

While the others look at the whole body of work and try to rationalize what has transpired from day one til current day.

There has been improvement and regression during Herms tenure on many aspects of this team... Regardless, this is a bad, bad typical Herm football team...

cdcox
12-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I thought I made it pretty clear.

Before the season started, people just expected improvement over the last half of the season.

Now, while not necessarily resulting in wins, there has been significant improvement in the last 6 games over the first 6 games.

So, instead of sticking to their word, and being happy with the improvement, people would rather bitch that we've ruined our draft position.

Nothing more, nothing less.

To answer this question:

I'm of the opinion, that while the absolute wrong decision, that Clark decided before the season even started that Herm would be back in 2009 regardless of what happened in 2008.

If you could GUARANTEE that losing out would cost Herm his job, then for the first time in my life, I'd root as hard as I could against my favorite team.

But since you can't, I'm going to enjoy what little I can for the 4 remaining Sundays in the season - and not get worked up about where we may or may not be picking, or who may or may not be coaching the team in 2009.

Thanks.

I agree that we've improved over the course of the season. That hasn't changed my opinion on whether Herm is a good coach.

I'm fully committed to losing in 2009 too, if that's what it takes. I'll root for victories in the beginning of the season, and see what happens. But I'd rather have a bad season next year and be done with Herm than limp into the the playoffs and enter football purgatory where you are good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to compete for a World Championship.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks.

I agree that we've improved over the course of the season. That hasn't changed my opinion on whether Herm is a good coach.

I'm fully committed to losing in 2009 too, if that's what it takes. I'll root for victories in the beginning of the season, and see what happens. But I'd rather have a bad season next year and be done with Herm than limp into the the playoffs and enter football purgatory where you are good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to compete for a World Championship.

Me either.

cdcox
12-01-2008, 10:29 PM

If the improvement leads to a SB win, I'm all for it. I've been wrong about lots of things before and will be wrong about lots of things to come. I hope I'm wrong about Herm and the Chief's future under him.

Improvement for improvement's sake -- I've eaten that shit sandwich for too long. I don't see the top end of Herm's vision leading to a dynasty. Again, I hope I'm wrong.