PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I think Jamaal Charles can be an excellent role player

RedThat
12-01-2008, 12:50 PM
What do you think?

Kinda like what Leon Washington and Kevin Faulk do on their respected teams? He can play a really good role on this team. Possibly as a change of pace back? Or maybe he can be an excellent receiver in the backfield? I think his frame is a little undersized to be an everydown RB imo. But the big play ability is certainly there.

He has game! I see it. I'll take a Leon Washington or Kevin Faulk on my team anyday of the week. Those kind of players are a little underlooked, but i never underestimate the importance and value they give to their teams.

Imo, the Pats would have not won a SB without Kevin Faulk, and the Jets wouldn't be as good as their record indicates without Leon Washington. Not saying these guys are the major reasons there teams win, but definately key contributors.

I always rememberred how Kevin Faulk numerous times came up with clutch 3rd down receptions to help sustain drives. Or he would make a key run here or there, or chip in with a nice block. I always remember Leon Washington breaking off big runs, and even returns. You need all this to win definately. Without it, you cant be a good team.

I see Charles as an important face of the future for this Chiefs team. And doing those kinda things. Why they dont use him on returns, I don't know?

munkey
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
What do you think?

Kinda like what Leon Washington and Kevin Faulk do on their respected teams? He can play a really good role on this team. Possibly as a change of pace back? Or maybe he can be an excellent receiver in the backfield? I think his frame is a little undersized to be an everydown RB imo. But the big play ability is certainly there.

He has game! I see it. I'll take a Leon Washington or Kevin Faulk on my team anyday of the week. Those kind of players are a little underlooked, but i never underestimate the importance and value they give to their teams.

Imo, the Pats would have not won a SB without Kevin Faulk, and the Jets wouldn't be as good as their record indicates without Leon Washington. Not saying these guys are the major reasons there teams win, but definately key contributors.

I always rememberred how Kevin Faulk numerous times came up with clutch 3rd down receptions to help sustain drives. Or he would make a key run here or there, or chip in with a nice block. I always remember Leon Washington breaking off big runs, and even returns. You need all this to win definately. Without it, you cant be a good team.

I see Charles as an important face of the future for this Chiefs team. And doing those kinda things. Why they dont use him on returns, I don't know?

:spock:

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Dorsey sucks.

CoMoChief
12-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Imo, the Pats would have not won a SB without Kevin Faulk

- Yes they would have. You're argument sucks cock

Micjones
12-01-2008, 01:25 PM
I think Charles can be an asset to this team.
Chan needs to find more creative ways to use him, but I think he can be a valuable piece offensively.

CupidStunt
12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
As soon as they hire a coach who understands the concept of balance at the RB position, sure.

chiefsngop
12-01-2008, 02:59 PM
When we find a way to get Charles in space on a consistent basis, his stats will look great.

I believe they refrain from using him on returns because he has a problem dropping kicks and punts if I'm not mistaken.

TRR
12-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I say we let him be a RB. Why make him a gimmick player? He has said himself that he can and will pound it between the guards, and doesn't mind blocking in the backfield.

We look at the guy's size and say, "let's get him in space." Let's line the guy up at RB behind Thigpen, and let him go to work. I hate the way some players are pigeon holed. Charles may not be an every down back, but he needs to be allowed to play RB. Most of his big runs in college came right up the gut...

stevieray
12-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I say we let him be a RB. Why make him a gimmick player? He has said himself that he can and will pound it between the guards, and doesn't mind blocking in the backfield.

We look at the guy's size and say, "let's get him in space." Let's line the guy up at RB behind Thigpen, and let him go to work. I hate the way some players are pigeon holed. Charles may not be an every down back, but he needs to be allowed to play RB. Most of his big runs in college came right up the gut...

Exactly, cuz he's got that lightening quick step through the hole...it was funny watching people argue about KaVika, when Charles schooled him with ease on the TD catch.

chiefs1111
12-01-2008, 06:24 PM
i love watching him run. He needs to learn how to hold on to the ball better though

SAUTO
12-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Exactly, cuz he's got that lightening quick step through the hole...it was funny watching people argue about KaVika, when Charles schooled him with ease on the TD catch.

kawika looked like kawika always looked

SAUTO
12-01-2008, 06:27 PM
sorry tackler for sure

Hammock Parties
12-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Do you think he prefers being the pizza delivery boy or the plumber?

SAUTO
12-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Do you think he prefers being the pizza delivery boy or the plumber?

ROFL who?

Hammock Parties
12-01-2008, 07:13 PM
ROFL who?

Maybe he likes to be the lonely neighbor who just needs to borrow a cup of sugar...or the sweaty shirtless stud working on his car in the hot sun...you know, role-playing?

SAUTO
12-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Maybe he likes to be the lonely neighbor who just needs to borrow a cup of sugar...or the sweaty shirtless stud working on his car in the hot sun...you know, role-playing?

ROFL so you are talking about charles

MahiMike
12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Todd McNair was the original back of this type.

EyePod
12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Anyone see Charles try and run to the left only to run into the back of his O-Linemen only because they are way too slow and he's wayyyyy too fast? Plus, he always seem's a little wobbly when running, like a toddler.... but his 5.6 ypc shuts me up fast. We need to use him more with screens. He's amazing at them, and I don't mind using him for a screen on a 3rd and 5 play, but I hate seeing the LJ ones. They never seem to work.