PDA

View Full Version : Football San Diego fake Chargers

Long Duk Dong
12-01-2008, 05:33 PM
What has happened in powder puff land?

Looks like Norvitis in full swing.

Their fans are ready to throw the HC and GM out the door.

Have to admit, I am very surprised at their implosion. But then again, with Norv as the head coach... :):D

Buck
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Draft Pick baby!

Long Duk Dong
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Draft Pick baby!

what are your needs?
Didn't you trade your 2nd rounder to the Patriots? that sucks...

Deberg_1990
12-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Draft Pick baby!

It appears they are going to get a nice pick next year.

With a decent HC next year, they could turn it around and win it all very quickly.

IM guessing they select a RB heir apparant for LT?

DaFace
Draft Pick baby!

So BK, with as little bias as you can muster, what is the cause of the Chargers' issues this year? Do you need players? Is it coaching? Just plain bad luck? I haven't paid enough attention to really know.

Skip Towne
Somewhere, Marty is laughing his ass off.

Long Duk Dong
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM

With a decent HC next year, they could turn it around and win it all very quickly.

I'd be surprised if they dont fire Norv Turner. He has clearly run that ship into the ground.
I've heard that their GM has quite a ego, so it will be interesting to see.

They should have kept Michael Turner. :D

MIAdragon
12-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Somewhere, Marty is laughing his ass off.

AJ is the one that should have been booted

Long Duk Dong
12-01-2008, 05:38 PM

Sure looks that way now. :clap:

Deberg_1990
12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
On a lighter note, I LOVE this song! Wish the Chiefs had something similiar....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDiCxhtGMhc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDiCxhtGMhc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Buck
12-01-2008, 05:46 PM
what are your needs?
Didn't you trade your 2nd rounder to the Patriots? that sucks...

We need an ILB Desparately. Maulalaga (sp?) or Laurinitis (sp?) FTW

I would guess we select a RB in the 2nd or 3rd Round, we have to address our weak ILB's. That position is crucial in the 3-4 Defense.

So BK, with as little bias as you can muster, what is the cause of the Chargers' issues this year? Do you need players? Is it coaching? Just plain bad luck? I haven't paid enough attention to really know.

I would say it started with bad luck, and then the players have given up.

After starting off w/ last second losses against Carolina and Denver, they got back to 3-3, but since then, it just seems like they don't care (the offensive and defensive line are getting dominated).

Piss Poor Season. I would say that Shawne Merriman is missed, a lot. I am 100% sure that the Bolts would be playoff bound if he was here. W/out a solid rusher on that side, our other ProBowl caliber OLB (Shaun Philips) hasn't done squat w/ all the double teams, and the QB has so much time to throw it, that its making our Stellar Secondary look like chumps.

Saulbadguy
12-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Uh...who didn't call this one when Norv was hired?

Long Duk Dong
12-01-2008, 06:03 PM

ROFL

kcchiefsus
12-01-2008, 06:08 PM
We need an ILB Desparately. Maulalaga (sp?) or Laurinitis (sp?) FTW

I would guess we select a RB in the 2nd or 3rd Round, we have to address our weak ILB's. That position is crucial in the 3-4 Defense.

I would say it started with bad luck, and then the players have given up.

After starting off w/ last second losses against Carolina and Denver, they got back to 3-3, but since then, it just seems like they don't care (the offensive and defensive line are getting dominated).

Piss Poor Season. I would say that Shawne "roidman" Merriman is missed, a lot. I am 100% sure that the Bolts would be playoff bound if he was here. W/out a solid rusher on that side, our other ProBowl caliber OLB (Shaun Philips) hasn't done squat w/ all the double teams, and the QB has so much time to throw it, that its making our Stellar Secondary look like chumps.

I think that says alot about your team when the loss of one player makes the entire team collapse. Hell, the Patriots lose the best QB in the NFL and they are still in the playoff hunt. You lose an OLB and that is to blame for your team drastically underperforming? Hilarious.

Buck
12-01-2008, 06:10 PM
I think that says alot about your team when the loss of one player makes the entire team collapse. Hell, the Patriots lose the best QB in the NFL and they are still in the playoff hunt. You lose an OLB and that is to blame for your team drastically underperforming? Hilarious.

I think its a little different.

If you take out the main pass rusher, and then can double the only other legit pass rusher they have, then they will do that. That means no pressure on the QB, which means that Receivers have a long time to get open.

I don't really think that theory is flawed.

And Matt Cassel is not as big a step down from Brady as Jyles Tucker/Marques Harris are from Shawne Merriman.

BigRock
12-01-2008, 06:13 PM

LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALOOOONE

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158544

Deberg_1990
12-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Just admit you guys miss Marty.

kcchiefsus
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I think its a little different.

If you take out the main pass rusher, and then can double the only other legit pass rusher they have, then they will do that. That means no pressure on the QB, which means that Receivers have a long time to get open.

I don't really think that theory is flawed.

And Matt Cassel is not as big a step down from Brady as Jyles Tucker/Marques Harris are from Shawne "roidman" Merriman.

Again, that's bullcrap. Hell, the Patriots don't even have a Shawne Merriman on their roster to begin with. They also don't have near the talent on defense overall the Chargers have.

To say Matt Cassell is not as big of a step down from the best QB in the NFL as Jyles Tucker is from Shawne Merriman is ridiculous and absurd. Quarterback is the most important position on a team and the Patriots lost the best one in the league. And again, they don't even have a Shawne Merriman type pass rusher on their roster to begin with yet you don't see them completely collapsing.

Buck
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Just admit you guys miss Marty.

I miss him, but I doubt that we would have won a SB with him.

Skip Towne
12-01-2008, 06:19 PM

I thought so too.

RNR
12-01-2008, 06:36 PM

Nails on! Marty had changed his ways and had this team on the verge. Yeah I know the Marty smack that will follow :rolleyes: When the Patriots beat the Chargers at home it was all on the players. Marty got run on prior convictions and Dolt fan can say whatever they want. They pissed away a window because someones ego got in the way. As much as I hate Marty for kicking the shit out of the team I root for (thank him for the head to head lead in the series between Oakland and KC) had he been left alone IMO the Chargers would still be a powerhouse with a good chance winning a ring.

Lonewolf Ed
12-01-2008, 07:02 PM
On a lighter note, I LOVE this song! Wish the Chiefs had something similiar....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDiCxhtGMhc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CDiCxhtGMhc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I must admit, that one is a lot better than the old Houston Oilers song.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
I must admit, that one is a lot better than the old Houston Oilers song.

YOu mean this one?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvWn_yGaA-Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvWn_yGaA-Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CoMoChief
12-01-2008, 07:59 PM
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SG8OpQyY6TI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SG8OpQyY6TI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

When I went to the Chiefs game a couple seasons ago in CHI, they played this all the time.