PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Your Draft: first three rounds.

Pages : 1 [2]

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Yet it is said every year. Like last year. Mckelvin. and the year before. Peterson.

I didn't realize we were in the business of evaluating drafts after 12 fucking games.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Yet they are universally thought of as Top 10 picks by every expert on the planet not named, well, YOU.

They fucking suck.

Let's move on.

I don't know what your deal is with Mecca, but you need perspective. There are a shit ton of draft experts who don't have Johnson in the top 10 precisely because he doesn't produce and Curry in the 12-15 range because he's much more of a coverage backer than a rush backer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2008, 08:40 PM
A LB in the Top 5?

Blasphemous.

AJ Hawk has been a pretty big disappointment for his draft position. For a LB to go in the top 5, he better be Brian Urlacher or Patrick Willis.

Direckshun
12-04-2008, 09:57 PM
As for me, I am convinced the Chiefs want to go DE with their first pick, but there doesn't seem to be any DEs that warrant, at this time, a top 5 pick. I like Michael Johnson, I like Brian Orakpo, I like George Selvie -- but they are flirts with the #10 selection rather than the #5. I'm not going to bet my life on them trading down, but it sure wouldn't surprise me.

That said, the Chiefs trade down anywhere from 9 to 15 so they feel less self conscious about going DE. Some other team reaches for Orakpo, so the Chiefs, with the 10th overall pick in the Draft, go for Michael Johnson. No word on exactly what the Chiefs received in return.

In the second round, Alex Mack has fallen for no discernable reason other than the fact that rarely does anymore than 1 interior lineman go in the first round, and the Steelers already opted for Duke Robinson. Mack drops a bit and the Chiefs pounce for their second rounder.

Their third rounder, one imagines, has to concern itself again with the front seven. They end up taking Dannell Ellerbe from Georgia for MLB, a fast player who has done nothing but rack up great numbers for a solid SEC defense.

1. DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech
2. C Alex Mack, California
3. MLB Dannell Allerbe, Georgia

This is hilarious, but WalterFootball.com, a draft site that I scour religiously, just put up a mock draft that went Orakpo, Mack, and Ellerbe.

dorseybowe
12-04-2008, 10:24 PM
BPA one two three don't think twice

dorseybowe
12-04-2008, 10:26 PM
That NFL network dude was spot on last draft.

googlegoogle
12-05-2008, 04:08 AM
But to counter that, keep in mind that the Giants have been loading up on DEs. Justin Tuck and Mattias Kiwanuka would start for the majority of teams in this league. That is a rare case of a team that is 4-deep in DEs. Keep in mind that the Giants had umenyiora and Strahan when they drafted Tuck and Kiwanuka. This is a team that had 3 outstanding DEs that decided to use a first round pick on Kiwanuka.

So I think using the Giants is a bad example because this is a team that is loaded at DE only because they used a lot of high picks on DEs. It's not a team that were lucky to have good enough backups to effectively replace Umenyiora and Strahan.

We need 2 dends in the draft.

beach tribe
12-05-2008, 06:28 AM

Mayock is what Mecca, and everyone else wishes they could be. The dude is the end all when it comes to the draft.

milkman
12-06-2008, 10:49 AM

Just for the record, and in another effort to pat myself on the back, which I simply can't do often enough, I had Branden Albert going in the draft at OT long before Mayock or any other media "expert" ever considered the possibility.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Just for the record, and in another effort to pat myself on the back, which I simply can't do often enough, I had Branden Albert going in the draft at OT long before Mayock or any other media "expert" ever considered the possibility.

This is true.

aturnis
12-06-2008, 03:23 PM
This is true.

don't forget to cup the balls...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2008, 04:42 PM

Why the hell are you taking so many guards in the mock, milkman?

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Why the hell are you taking so many guards in the mock, milkman?

LMAO

IIRC, his team was Pittsburgh, and I'd bet that Roethlisberger would have appreciated those OLmen...