PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs DJ moved to MLB

Sure-Oz
12-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Derrick Johnson-LB-Chiefs Dec. 3 - 4:13 pm et

The Chiefs have formally moved Derrick Johnson to middle linebacker, replacing Pat Thomas and Rocky Boiman.
A move that's been speculated about for weeks, this is an attempt to find a long-term solution at a position that's been a trouble spot in K.C. for two years. It's uncertain who will replace Johnson on the weak side, but Demorrio Williams, Boiman, and Donnie Edwards are three obvious candidates.
Source: Kansas City Star
Related: Demorrio Williams, Rocky Boiman, Donnie Edwards

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Ack.

raybec 4
12-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Freakin awesome, lets move him to fullback next.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Jesus.

They are willing to move a guy who's an above average OLB (and that's being generous) to the middle, arguably the most important position on the front 7 - to try to fix a hole.

Yet they are completely UNWILLING to bench the turds that have occupied the right side of our OL, when there IS someone perfectly capable of filling that hole picking splinters out of his ass on the bench.

Memo to coaching staff:

Go.

Fuck.

Yourselves.

DaneMcCloud
Freakin awesome, lets move him to fullback next.

Then cornerback

Hammock Parties
Retarded idea.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Weak Side? DJ was our Sam backer.

OnTheWarpath15
Then cornerback

Then safety.

They can play him ahead of Morgan, who was supposed to be starting by midseason according to several people around here...

InChiefsHeaven
I wonder how happy he is about that...:hmmm:

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Weak Side? DJ was our Sam backer.

:doh!:

Didn't even see that...

Dumbasses.

Alphaman
12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken, DJ played there against the Raiders. That's the way it looked to me.

Chiefnj2
4 games left in the year and what should be a decent MLB draft crop. Why make the move?

Tribal Warfare
DJ's skill set is more condusive to play MLB, IMO. It's kind of like How the Bears were trying to make Urlacher an OLB during his rookie year , but their former starting MLB got hurt and they decided to plug Brian their and he flourished bigtime.

Fish
12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Ohh Gun what have you done?

'Hamas' Jenkins
If we move DJ, then there's no reason not to start Taylor, Richardson, and Morgan and have our base skill position players be LJ, Tony, Bowe, Bradley, and Cottam/Franklin.

Direckshun
I think it's a fair idea. It's something to try now that the season is out of reach.

This does NOT negate the notion of drafting a stud MLB. This is just seeing how DJ's speed and abilities translates to MLB, a historically difficult position to staff in the Cover 2.

I do share OTW's complaints about not similarly changing the right side of the OL.

Hell, if we're experimenting, why not?

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 03:54 PM
If we move DJ, then there's no reason not to start Taylor, Richardson, and Morgan and have our base skill position players be LJ, Tony, Bowe, Bradley, and Cottam/Franklin.

Completely agree.

bobbything
12-03-2008, 03:55 PM
He's our "slash" player. He also assists Gailey in the playcalling.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 03:55 PM
DJ's skill set is more condusive to play MLB, IMO.

Totally disagree. DJ is not quite big enough to man down the MLB, though he does have the speed. He's an adept cover man which makes him great for strongside. Not sure how he'll fare in the zone.

talastan
12-03-2008, 03:56 PM
As long as he stops the ****ing run!! :cuss: I'm not completely opposed to this but if he flourishes at Mike, would it safe to assume that we're going Stafford, or DE in the first round next year?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2008, 03:57 PM
He'll be fine in zone coverage. I do think he'll get his ass kicked in the running game. His biggest knock as a prospect was "doesn't shed blockers". Welp, now you've gotta try and take on a fullback or interior lineman most every play since our D-linemen don't draw dubs.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 03:58 PM
We have wasted four years of DJ's career under Gunther. His head has to be so screwed up. Three different positions, two different defensive schemes. Hell, it may be more than that schemewise.

Fish
12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
And we thought DJ disappeared at the SAM..... we'll see him even less now...

TEX
12-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Retarded idea.

Well, what do you expect from this coaching staff?

Micjones
12-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Can't imagine he'll be very strong at the point.

They need to quit dicking the kid around and let him play at one position already.

DaWolf
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Totally disagree. DJ is not quite big enough to man down the MLB, though he does have the speed. He's an adept cover man which makes him great for strongside. Not sure how he'll fare in the zone.

Didn't we use to have this discussion about Donnie?

The Franchise
I take it as this.

They're trying to determine if he can actually play the position. If he can't then they know that before the draft. That way if he can't play....then they can possibly grab one of the top two MLBs in the draft. If he can play then they can look at another position in the first round.

I'm not defending the move....I'm just trying to find reasoning behind it.

kcchiefsus

Derrick Johnson- 6'3" 242
Jonathan Vilma- 6'1" 230
Jon Beason- 6'0" 237
Barrett Ruud- 6'2" 241
Lofa Tatupu- 6'0" 242
Nick Barnett- 6'2" 236
Stephen Tulloch- 5'11" 235
Gary Brackett- 5'11" 235
Kirk Morrison- 6'2" 240
Paul Posluszny- 6'1" 238
Patrick Willis- 6'1" 240
Antonio Pierce- 6'1" 238
Demeco Ryans- 6'1" 245

You gonna tell me all of them are not big enough to play MLB/ILB either?

The Franchise
12-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Jonathan Vilma- 6'1" 230
Jon Beason- 6'0" 237
Barrett Ruud- 6'2" 241
Lofa Tatupu- 6'0" 242
Nick Barnett- 6'2" 236
Stephen Tulloch- 5'1" 235
Gary Brackett- 5'11" 235
Kirk Morrison- 6'2" 240
Paul Posluszny- 6'1" 238
Patrick Willis- 6'1" 240
Antonio Pierce- 6'1" 238
Demeco Ryans- 6'1" 245

Who's he play for....a midget team?

kcchiefsus
12-03-2008, 04:21 PM
And we thought DJ disappeared at the SAM..... we'll see him even less now...

Ummm, no. MLB's usually rack up a hell of alot more tackles than SAM's.

kcchiefsus
12-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Who's he play for....a midget team?

Lol, nice catch.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Jonathan Vilma- 6'1" 230
Jon Beason- 6'0" 237
Barrett Ruud- 6'2" 241
Lofa Tatupu- 6'0" 242
Nick Barnett- 6'2" 236
Stephen Tulloch- 5'1" 235
Gary Brackett- 5'11" 235
Kirk Morrison- 6'2" 240
Paul Posluszny- 6'1" 238
Patrick Willis- 6'1" 240
Antonio Pierce- 6'1" 238
Demeco Ryans- 6'1" 245

I have to say no on Tulloch.

I mean, 5' 1"?

At that height, he'd be better as an extra in The Wizard of Oz.

EDIT: Goddammit, P23...

The Franchise
12-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I have to say no on Tulloch.

I mean, 5' 1"?

At that height, he'd be better as an extra in The Wizard of Oz.

EDIT: Goddammit, P23...

ROFL

Chiefnj2
12-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Hell, if they are going to mess around the last 4 weeks, they might as well try to run a 3-4 some of the time to see if they can get to the QB.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 04:28 PM
What the fuck is wrong with this coaching staff?

Sure-Oz
12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
I say put DJ at TE and move Cottam to MLB

Thig Lyfe
12-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I know that he hasn't had the best season, but forcing him to play baseball just seems bizarre.

kcchiefsus
12-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Wel tell me this. After Nick Barnett was lost for the year the I believe the Packers moved A.J. Hawk to MLB. Was that a bad move?

I don't see how this hurts. If he doesn't do well there then oh well, move him back next year. If he does do well at MLB then it gives us some more options going into the draft next year.

The Franchise
12-03-2008, 04:31 PM
What the fuck is wrong with this coaching staff?

What isn't?

The Franchise
12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Wel tell me this. After Nick Barnett was lost for the year the I believe the Packers moved A.J. Hawk to MLB. Was that a bad move?

I don't see how this hurts. If he doesn't do well there then oh well, move him back next year. If he does do well at MLB then it gives us some more options going into the draft next year.

There are two problems with this.

1. Moving DJ to MLB just fucks up his head even more. The kid is already fucked because he has Gun coaching him....there is no point to fucking the kid over even more.

2. They moved AJ Hawk to MLB....and their run defense sucks now.

mikey23545
12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Jesus, some people just have to bitch all the time. If the coaching staff doesn't make any changes, they bitch...If they do make changes they bitch..

If they turned water into wine, you'd bitch that you really wanted a V8...

The Franchise
12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Jesus, some people just have to bitch all the time. If the coaching staff doesn't make any changes, they bitch...If they do make changes they bitch..

I'm not bitching....(read my first post).

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Jesus.

They are willing to move a guy who's an above average OLB (and that's being generous) to the middle, arguably the most important position on the front 7 - to try to fix a hole.

Yet they are completely UNWILLING to bench the turds that have occupied the right side of our OL, when there IS someone perfectly capable of filling that hole picking splinters out of his ass on the bench.

Memo to coaching staff:

Go.

Fuck.

Yourselves.

I don't know where everyone gets off by saying DJ has been a bust and sucks. He is the best player on this D right now. It's hard for a guy to shine when he's doing everything. The worst LB out there was Rocky.

chiefsfan4life1978
12-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Does anyone remember if DJ played inside or outside backer at Texas?

Fish
12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Ummm, no. MLB's usually rack up a hell of alot more tackles than SAM's.

You're missing the point. Of course he'll rack up tackles. But tackles aren't all that defines a middle LB. If they were, Mike Maslowski would have been in the HOF. MIKE backers need to be able to fight through blocks from the fullback and linemen to get to the ball carrier. They've got to run through guys, not just quickly squirm by them. Which has been the single biggest knock on DJ since he came out of Texas. DJ is more productive out in the flats, where he has room to use his speed. Forcing him to play MIKE and take on blockers more will require him to deviate from what he does best. He may be able to change and learn the position, but the timing of this move remains retarted to a high degree.

aturnis
12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
DJ's a fairly smart guy, and also seems to love the challenge. If anything, this is getting him more experience. He'll have to learn to better shed blocks and so on so fourth. Hopefully the team will still pick up a stud MLB before next season.

Think about it, where you work. Who are the best at their jobs, the ones who started in one place and have stayed there? Or the guy who has done every damn job in the workplace and knows the place top to bottom?

Hell, if they did pick up a stud MLB before next season, this could help DJ to better understand that guys duties and help him progress.

Just b/c Claythan says fuck with his head yada yada yada. I'd be worried if it were some dumbass like one of the Vick boys, but DJ is a true professional. Doesn't get in trouble, does his job. He'll be fine. What's the worst that could happen? Either he'll flourish or we'll know he can't do it and get a stud MLB.

I guess the worst that could happen is he sucks at MLB and we keep him there. Damn...

kcchiefsus
12-03-2008, 04:47 PM
There are two problems with this.

1. Moving DJ to MLB just ****s up his head even more. The kid is already ****ed because he has Gun coaching him....there is no point to ****ing the kid over even more.

2. They moved AJ Hawk to MLB....and their run defense sucks now.

I believe when this idea of moving DJ to MLB first came up it was said that in practice he was already practicing as a backup MLB at times. Not sure how playing the position in a game will hurt him. IDK, I just don't think moving around a linebacker to different positions hurts as much as for example moving an offensive lineman around. I'm no football expert though so maybe I'm wrong.

Also, I wouldn't blame the rush defense problems on A.J. Hawk. They have had ALOT of injuries on defense. Perhaps Hawk might shoulder some of the blame (or not, I don't know) but I would say all of their injuries would be a big factor.

kcchiefsus
12-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I think we all will agree that DJ should have been put at WILL from the beginning. You don't put your most athletic linebacker at a position that doesn't necessarily require the greatest athlete. That's why I don't put all the blame on DJ for not being the player we all wanted him to be. We're wasting his talent at a position that usually doesn't allow a player to make alot of plays.

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 04:55 PM
You're missing the point. Of course he'll rack up tackles. But tackles aren't all that defines a middle LB. If they were, Mike Maslowski would have been in the HOF. MIKE backers need to be able to fight through blocks from the fullback and linemen to get to the ball carrier. They've got to run through guys, not just quickly squirm by them. Which has been the single biggest knock on DJ since he came out of Texas. DJ is more productive out in the flats, where he has room to use his speed. Forcing him to play MIKE and take on blockers more will require him to deviate from what he does best. He may be able to change and learn the position, but the timing of this move remains retarted to a high degree.

MLB are usually getting blocked by the center. Centers are bigger than FB which is why a MLB is usually the biggest LB on the field. DJ is big enough and smart enough to play MLB. He will be fine.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't know where everyone gets off by saying DJ has been a bust and sucks. He is the best player on this D right now. It's hard for a guy to shine when he's doing everything. The worst LB out there was Rocky.

Sorry, but right now, DJ is not the best player on the defense. The corners are playing lights out with absolutely NO pass rush - and they are both rookies.

And even if he were the best, it doesn't excuse his average play.

This guy was the 15th overall pick, FFS.

I think it's now becoming clear as to why he dropped unexpectedly on draft day...

Is he worthless?

Absolutely not.

Has he been worth the 15th overall pick?

Absolutely not.

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Sorry, but right now, DJ is not the best player on the defense. The corners are playing lights out with absolutely NO pass rush - and they are both rookies.

And even if he were the best, it doesn't excuse his average play.

This guy was the 15th overall pick, FFS.

I think it's now becoming clear as to why he dropped unexpectedly on draft day...

Is he worthless?

Absolutely not.

Has he been worth the 15th overall pick?

Absolutely not.

So all of a sudden on draft day 14 other teams all of a sudden he would be an average pick? No. He is not an average LB and still has great potential wants he gets a coach that can actually coach. I agree the CB's are playing well, by DJ is not playing bad.

And let me ask you this, how do you judge a LB on how well he is playing? What have you seen of DJ that said he has not been playing good?

the Talking Can
12-03-2008, 05:01 PM
eh

Mecca
12-03-2008, 05:04 PM
So all of a sudden on draft day 14 other teams all of a sudden he would be an average pick? No. He is not an average LB and still has great potential wants he gets a coach that can actually coach. I agree the CB's are playing well, by DJ is not playing bad.

And let me ask you this, how do you judge a LB on how well he is playing? What have you seen of DJ that said he has not been playing good?

He's pretty average....for every good play he has, he has a Trent Edwards running into the endzone moment.

chiefzilla1501
12-03-2008, 05:05 PM

It's not bitching to bitch. Playing 3 different positions in that short a time gets your head all screwed up. Put DJ in a position where he can contribute best, make him learn to play that position well, and then draft a guy the next year who can fill in a spot.

It would be more comforting if Gun's retarded shuffle didn't include ruining Alfonso Boone by forcing him to play DE, forcing Hali to play grossly out of position at LDE, ruining Bartee's NFL career by drafting him as a safety to play corner, and a long line of retarded decisions he's made over time that involve moving his players around.

Sure-Oz
12-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Who was the Panthers LB drafted that year that was supposed to be a stud. How did he turn out?

Mecca
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Who was the Panthers LB drafted that year that was supposed to be a stud. How did he turn out?

They've drafted 2 LB's since then in Thomas Davis and Jon Beason.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 05:08 PM
He's pretty average....for every good play he has, he has a Trent Edwards running into the endzone moment.

He had two of those in the same game.

On the first Edwards TD run, he's standing at the 1 yard line, no one blocking him, as Edwards is at the 8.

Instead of stepping up and meeting Edwards around the 4-5, he waits, and Edwards inexplicably beats him to the EZ.

He's starting to remind me of Randy Moss.

You know he has the talent, he just seems to decide when he actually wants to play...

Sure-Oz

Thomas Davis is who i was thinking of

Tribal Warfare

Are you talking about Dan Morgan? He was damn good, but was plagued by injuries.

Iowanian
This is
Sofa King.
Wee.
Todd.
Id.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 05:09 PM

On the first Edwards TD run, he's standing at the 1 yard line, no one blocking him, as Edwards is at the 8.

Instead of stepping up and meeting Edwards around the 4-5, he waits, and Edwards inexplicably beats him to the EZ.

You know he has the talent, he just seems to decide when he actually wants to play...

I'd be happy if he was Moss atleast Moss has managed to put up elite seasons that have him probably going to the HOF.

Sure-Oz
12-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Are you talking about Dan Morgan? He was damn good, but was plagued by injuries.

No, i knew of Dan Morgan, i was talking about the same draft class as DJ, and i believe they took Thomas Davis before DJ

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I'd be happy if he was Moss atleast Moss has managed to put up elite seasons that have him probably going to the HOF.

Trust me, the Moss reference was strictly for his "lightswitch" attitude, and not his production.

The Franchise
12-03-2008, 05:12 PM

Wasn't Thomas Davis a safety in college?

Sure-Oz
12-03-2008, 05:12 PM
It's too bad we couldn't get Watcha talkin about patrick willis

Sure-Oz
12-03-2008, 05:13 PM

I believe he was but they were saying he would play LB at the next level

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 05:14 PM

Yea, I think he plays LB now for Carolina

Mecca
Thomas Davis is the Panthers starting weakside backer his stats read as follows...

83 tackles 1.5 sacks 2 forced fumbles and 3 passes defensed

His stats since 2006 are pretty consistent.

OnTheWarpath15
No, i knew of Dan Morgan, i was talking about the same draft class as DJ, and i believe they took Thomas Davis before DJ

The only LB to go ahead of DJ in 2005 was Merriman.

These are a few of the guys who went behind him:

Barrett Ruud
Lofa Tatupu
Odell Thurman
Channing Crowder
Kirk Morrison
Trent Cole (who was picked EIGHT slots AFTER Boomer Grigsby :cuss:)

Mecca

Yea he was....I don't think he was quite fast enough at his size to play it at the NFL level.

MTG#10
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Awesome. Hopefully this will work as well as Tamba at RDE.

Mecca

Barrett Ruud
Lofa Tatupu
Odell Thurman
Channing Crowder
Kirk Morrison

Davis went 1 pick ahead of us, remember Vermiel was all upset because they had locked onto him...

It's to bad Odell Thurman is an idiot because he has star talent....

Sure-Oz

Barrett Ruud
Lofa Tatupu
Odell Thurman
Channing Crowder
Kirk Morrison

I was very stoked when he fell to us, i still hope he can turn it around and be a consistent player for us, and a good one

Sure-Oz
12-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Davis went 1 pick ahead of us, remember Vermiel was all upset because they had locked onto him...

I kept hearing how davis was a violent hitter in college etc

Mecca
12-03-2008, 05:17 PM
He was a big hitter but it's easier to light guys up at Free Safety than it is at LB.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 05:18 PM

Your right.

The database had him listed as a DB, so I missed him.

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 05:18 PM

That is a harder play to defend than you think. If you watch college FB you would see (Chase Daniel did it first) where the QB will take the snap,pull it down, run forward a step then lob it to the back of the endzone. It's a hard play to stop and the Edwards one was similar. You have to wait until he crosses the LOS but stay in a pass drop in case he throws it. It can be hard to defend. So it wasn't like Johnson watch him run for 8 yards to the endzone, he had to give him some leeway in case he passed it.

petegz28
12-03-2008, 05:19 PM
What the.......fuck it....nothing surprises me anymore with this fucked up defense.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 05:19 PM
That is a harder play to defend than you think. If you watch college FB you would see (Chase Daniel did it first) where the QB will take the snap,pull it down, run forward a step then lob it to the back of the endzone. It's a hard play to stop and the Edwards one was similar. You have to wait until he crosses the LOS but stay in a pass drop in case he throws it. It can be hard to defend. So it wasn't like Johnson watch him run for 8 yards to the endzone, he had to give him some leeway in case he passed it.

Uh, IIRC, the LOS on that play was the 19 yard line.

Anyone confirm?

Mecca
12-03-2008, 05:20 PM

Trent Edwards crossed the line of scrimmage at about the 12...it wasn't a short run.

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 05:20 PM

Anyone confirm?

I thought you were talking about one when he was around the 8 or 9 and pulled it down and ran. It might have been a different game though too.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Anyone confirm?

My mistake.

The 15 yard line. Which means Edwards was 7 yards past the LOS at the point I'm referring to.

3-7-KC 15 (:26) (Shotgun) 5-T.Edwards left end for 15 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29695&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG12&override=true

Mecca
12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I thought you were talking about one when he was around the 8 or 9 and pulled it down and ran. It might have been a different game though too.

That was the one when he ran around Tamba Hali like he was a statue.

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 05:26 PM

Ahh, gotcha.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Go to this link and fast forward to the 4:30 mark.

It's the last highlight of the film.

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=CE92EC50F765F311&ctx=medialist&type=image

beach tribe
12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Can't imagine he'll be very strong at the point.

They need to quit dicking the kid around and let him play at one position already.

Weakside. The position he played where he warranted the 15 pick. This team is a joke.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2008, 05:34 PM

And he was fucking around in the back of the EZ out of position on that play as well.

He's literally just standing there as Pollard (Passing both DJ and Boiman, who are fucking sleeping) races up to try to meet Edwards at the goal line.

(go to the 4:18 mark of the link I gave earlier to watch both clips back to back)

beach tribe
12-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Does anyone remember if DJ played inside or outside backer at Texas?

Will backer.

Iowanian
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
If they're determined to try a temporary out of position solution, Donnie Edwards isn't a long term solution at OLB, has played MLB for several seasons with some success, and could get back in coverage.

Extra Point
12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
If DJ is MLB, then Jerrod Page must be moved to OLB. We need to draft another CB or nickle-back in the 3rd.

Iowanian
12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Pollard is piss poor in coverage but solid in Run support(when he wraps and tackles). He's closer in size to an OLB than Page.

Pollard should be moving to OLB next season, he'd be a solid WIL IMO.

DJ to Mike is an aweful idea.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 06:24 PM
If DJ is MLB, then Jerrod Page must be moved to OLB. We need to draft another CB or nickle-back in the 3rd.

Jarrad Page would be a terrible linebacker.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Pollard is piss poor in coverage but solid in Run support(when he wraps and tackles). He's closer in size to an OLB than Page.

DJ to Mike is an aweful idea.

Pollard is terrible in run support, too.

Where does anyone get the idea that either of our safeties can tackle?

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 06:25 PM

There's a part of me that'd love to see this tried.

But he probably wouldn't be any better than DeMorrio Williams.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Pollard as a LB would get steamrolled in the running game.

bringbackmarty
12-03-2008, 06:30 PM
DJ is explosive, fast, tall, and has the natural tools for a cover 2 mike. That said, he may not have the acumen, or the attitude for the position.

Extra Point
12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Jarrad Page would be a terrible linebacker.

You're right. I stand corrected. Pollard would be a better match. He's built heavy enough.

SAUTO
12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
DJ is explosive, fast, tall, and has the natural tools for a cover 2 mike. That said, he may not have the acumen, or the attitude for the position.

where is this teams killer? thats what we need a stone cold killer who wants to remove someone's head EVERY PLAY

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
You're right. I stand corrected. Pollard would be a better match. He's built heavy enough.

It really has nothing to do with weight.

Both of them are terrible, terrible tacklers who get abused in the open field.

Extra Point
12-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Both of them are terrible, terrible tacklers who get abused in the open field.

The position of OLB kind of closes the field, doesn't it?

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 06:43 PM

I don't even know what this post means.

But when Page or Pollard get matched up one one one with a ball carrier, frequently they blow the tackle.

You put either one at linebacker and the run defense gets even worse.

beach tribe
12-03-2008, 06:45 PM

You can't run around blockers at the Mike.

Bowser
12-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Either we're going to play more base Cover 2 with DJ at Mike, or we're going to start bringing the blitz a whole lot more.

SAUTO
12-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Either we're going to play more base Cover 2 with DJ at Mike, or we're going to start bringing the blitz a whole lot more.

this better be it dammit:cuss:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2008, 07:28 PM
DJ's skill set is more condusive to play MLB, IMO. It's kind of like How the Bears were trying to make Urlacher an OLB during his rookie year , but their former starting MLB got hurt and they decided to plug Brian their and he flourished bigtime.

Possibly; He and PT, when lined up on the outside, had a collective pass-rush that was as majestic as a well-executed fart, so who knows?

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 08:50 PM

I see where your coming from. Pollard COULD be a better LB than S. But I hate the idea of moving players around all the time.

suds79
12-03-2008, 09:11 PM

I'll try anything that's the opposite of what gun preaches. :p That retard needs to go.

Sh!t if we can't get off blocks in the run game, might as well try to avoid them. :shrug:

bringbackmarty
12-03-2008, 09:57 PM
He physically could take on the blockers and win (Urlacher), many guys a lot smaller and\or slower than he have done well at the mike (sam mills, young donnie,) He lacks the killer instinct (Ray Lewis), or the smarts (Bruschi) to out-leverage them at the point of attack.
which was my point.
So we will see what he can do, and when he can't, well fuck him.

EyePod
12-03-2008, 10:36 PM

He's an inch shorter and 16 lb's lighter than Urlacher... so, that's not that much smaller, and plus, we just had Turkey day, so he probably gained weight then.

Anyone else notice that we get a win after the only Friday which our team didn't have to weigh in? I'm just sayin....

EyePod
12-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Possibly; He and PT, when lined up on the outside, had a collective pass-rush that was as majestic as a well-executed fart, so who knows?

I've had some REALLY, REALLY well executed farts....

dorseybowe
12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Hell, let's put Brian Waters at DT, Glenn Dorsey at RG, Larry Johnson and ROLB,Tony Gonzalez at RB, Tyler Thigpen at WR, Dwayne Bowe at QB, and Jamaal Charles as as the RDE, and let's see wtf happens just because we can and we feel like it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Here's where I part company with conventional wisdom and the crowd:

Considering the overall lack of cohesion and effectiveness of this defense, I'm ALL FOR injecting a little bit of 'sand lot' and seeing where the chips fall.

At best, it works. At worst, we lose another game and inch ever-closer to several peoples "draftgasm"; picking up any top QB other than Stafford because THAT TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION YOU DAYDREAMING MAN-SPOONERS!
Ahem...

So let's give it a whirl. If nothing else, it's GREAT entertainment!

KcMizzou
12-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Yeah, fuck it, why not?

If you're ever going to experiment with something like this, it's when you're 2-10.

RedThat
12-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Well, its very blatant that a move like this definately says the chiefs will be looking for some LBers this off-season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Well, its very blatant that a move like this definately says the chiefs will be looking for some LBers this off-season.

I'm GETTING number 58 on this team; I will NOT be denied.

Ultra Peanut
12-04-2008, 11:58 AM
now that the season is out of reachSooooo, they should have done it in week three, then?

Reerun_KC
12-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Sooooo, they should have done it in week three, then?

ROFL

Sure-Oz
12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Rocky Boiman-LB-Chiefs Dec. 4 - 1:06 pm et

Rocky Boiman will close out the season as the Chiefs' starting weak-side linebacker.
Demorrio Williams will play the strong side. Boiman posted 19 stops while starting at MIKE in Weeks 12-13, but loses some playmaking potential on the outside. Derrick Johnson is clearly the IDP linebacker to own in Kansas City.
Source: Kansas City Star

OctoberFart
12-04-2008, 12:42 PM
DJ was a dissappointment at SLB and a bust for where he was picked so the queefs are throwing SH%T on the wall and seeing if it will stick. My guess is DJ will be an average MLB too.

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 12:44 PM
I see where your coming from. Pollard COULD be a better LB than S. But I hate the idea of moving players around all the time.

Shit whats the difference, Gun and co. have been doing it for years!!! ROFL

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 12:45 PM
DJ was a dissappointment at SLB and a bust for where he was picked so the queefs are throwing SH%T on the wall and seeing if it will stick. My guess is DJ will be an average MLB too.

He was picked at 15th.

And this is coming from a fan who's QB may in fact be the 2nd coming of Ryan Leaf?!?!?! Face it, Chiefs gave him every opportunity to make plays and Russell just sat there and shit his pants on the field.

kcchuck
12-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Can't see at this point in the season why not give it a try, we can't get much worse on defense then this team has already displayed...

RustShack
12-04-2008, 03:43 PM
So does that put Williams on the weak side and Boiman on the strong side?

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
So does that put Williams on the weak side and Boiman on the strong side?

Reverse that.

Fat Elvis
12-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Sooooo, they should have done it in week three, then?

Nice cat eyes.

crossbow
12-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Perhaps they could coax Glenn Cadrez out of retirement. That would solve all of their LB problems. <--- sarcasm.