PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Who we're drafting.

Pages : [1] 2

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Who we're drafting according to some recent mocks. Explanations will be included if available.

Draft Empire (http://www.draftempire.com/nfl_mock_draft):

3. Kansas City Chiefs (2-10) – Everett Brown, DE, Florida State

KC Chiefs Fanatic (http://kcchiefsfanatic.typepad.com/my_weblog/the-fanatic-mock-draft-ro.html):

5. Michael Johnson, Defensive End, Georgia Tech

34. Brian Cushing, Linebacker, USC

New NFL Draft (http://newnfldraft.com/):

3. KC Chiefs: Colt McCoy, UT, QB

I had Stafford here for a week or so but I don’t believe he has been consistent enough to go this hi in the 2009 NFL Draft. I think if Colt leaves early than he will most likely be a top 5 draft pick with his arm and athleticism. Also I know that he said he isn’t leaving early but their have been crazier things that have happened…. If they win the National Championship I see him leaving early.

35. KC Chiefs: Brandon Spikes, ILB, FL

The Chiefs took Dorsey last year in the 2008 NFL Draft to plug up the middle. So with this pick they take another middle man in Spikes who I believe is a little under rated. I think if he has a good work out at the 2009 NFL Combine he could easily jump into the first round.

67. KC Chiefs: Derrick Williams, WR, PSU

99. Chiefs: Rafael Priest, CB, TCU

Draft Tek (http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp):

3. Kansas City, Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia

35. Kansas City, DJ Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

67. Kansas City, Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin

99. Kansas City, Eric Wood, OC, Louisville

Draft 32 (http://www.draft32.com/viewpage.php?page_id=140):

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Michael Oher OT (Ole Miss)

Versitile lineman. Could play either guard or tackle at an NFL level. Would have been a top 15 pick if he declared last year.

NFL Draft Source (http://www.nfldraftsource.com/mockdraft.html):

5. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: REY MAUALUGA - USC - LB

The Chiefs have several needs for the upcoming offseason, but first and foremost, Kansas City needs to decide if Tyler Thigpen is their guy at quarterback. A month ago, I would have called you crazy if you told me that Thigpen would be a possibility for the future, but he has played impressively the past several weeks to deserve some consideration. Next, the Chiefs must look to their defense and two areas really stick out: a pass rusher and hard-nosed linebacker. Rey Maualuga is an intense competitor with terrific motor who only knows one speed. His instincts are questionable, but he has good range and is a very effective tackler against the run and in the open field.

36. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: BRANDON GRAHAM - MICHIGAN - DE

Kansas City is in desperate need for some kind of pass rush. Former first round pick Tamba Hali isn’t the problem because he is currently the only threat to get to the quarterback on that team. Brandon Graham is a stronger and more physical version of LaMarr Woodley who has double-digit sacks with the Steelers.

NE Patriots Draft (http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2008/05/2009-nfl-mock-draft.html):

2. Kansas City Chiefs: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

Big, strong, and athletic are three great things to be if you're a tackle in the NFL. Possesses great balance and employs leverage well in pass-protection.

34. Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn St.

If he comes out, Maybin would be a force along the d-line. Any team that needs to get to the ball would love this guy.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Some of these picks really frustrate me.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Draft Tek had the best one up until the 3rd round pick. DJ Moore is going to be a stud CB.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:00 PM
If anyone took Colt McCoy in the top 5 I'd feel bad for them.....and I'm a fan of Everette Brown but that's awfully high.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I continue to be of the belief that our front seven needs to be our primary focus in this Draft.

The holes are too numerous to count, but we absolutely need a new crop of DEs to groom.

Hammock Parties
Any mock that has the Chiefs taking a quarterback 1st seems pretty clueless unless they think a new head coach is coming in.

chiefs1111
If anyone took Colt McCoy in the top 5 I'd feel bad for them.....and I'm a fan of Everette Brown but that's awfully high.

Didn't McCoy already say he si going back to Texas for his senior season? unless I heard wrong

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Didn't McCoy already say he si going back to Texas for his senior season? unless I heard wrong

Most Texas players don't leave early but he did give his name to the NFL advisory committee.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
These people must be completely unfamiliar with the Chiefs

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:06 PM
These people must be completely unfamiliar with the Chiefs

Usually in the top 5 they expect you to take the best player...

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Usually in the top 5 they expect you to take the best player...

The only pick that makes any sense is Brian Cushing at 34.

But I honestly think some team will fall in love with his strength and body type and take him in the first.

Colt McCoy?

LMAO

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Am I the only one here who's liking the prospect of Monroe/Oher/Smith the more I watch them?

I'm serious.

LT Monroe/Oher/Smith
LG Waters
C Niswanger
RG Albert
RT Taylor

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Albert is the left tackle.

Don't fuck with him!

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 10:13 PM

Don't **** with him!

This.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Am I the only one here who's liking the prospect of Monroe/Oher/Smith the more I watch them?

I'm serious.

LT Monroe/Oher/Smith
LG Waters
C Niswanger
RG Albert
RT Taylor

Yuck.

Albert at right guard? When he's played so well at left tackle?

Taylor is not a prototypical right tackle and he's certainly not a road grader.

This would all but invalidate the Jared Allen trade as well. You don't take a fucking right guard with the #15 overall pick.

Are you Voyager?

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 10:19 PM
You know what, OTW, I was the guy who hated the Albert pick the most BECAUSE we were essentially drafting a guard.

But whatever. Let's just throw this out there.

All three of those guys would have been taken before Jake Long.

Albert has proven not only to be immensely talented, but immensely adaptable. This kid could literally play at LEAST four spots on the line, so I'd be okay with him at LG, RG, and RT. I don't think there's much doubt that Monroe, Oher, or Smith have a better shot at becoming elite LTs, and if they don't work out there we can always bring Albert back.

Wasn't that the draw of Albert? That he'd allow us to have a half dozen contingency plans?

Deberg_1990
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
# 3 overall Colt McCoy??? ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't think there's much doubt that Monroe, Oher, or Smith have a better shot at becoming elite LTs

You want to draft a new left tackle because he MIGHT be better than the one who is already playing at an extremely high level?

Hell, let's draft a new wide receiver in the first round. He MIGHT be better than Dwayne Bowe.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
If we were stupid and drafted another left tackle, it would be Waters who I would move over to right guard.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
You want to draft a new left tackle because he MIGHT be better than the one who is already playing at an extremely high level?

Hell, let's draft a new wide receiver in the first round. He MIGHT be better than Dwayne Bowe.

Hey if there was a WR worthy of a Top 5, you wouldn't find much disagreement with me there. As of now I don't particularly believe there is.

I'm saying between the three of these guys, we are guaranteed to pick an LT that could all be #1 overalls with a lower pick. That's a BPA situation you absolutely never see.

That way you end up with an OL that is mostly young with three elite players, a promising young guy (Taylor), and a couple other guys who may be key players (Richardson, Wade Smith).

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
You know what, OTW, I was the guy who hated the Albert pick the most BECAUSE we were essentially drafting a guard.

No, "We" weren't. The Chiefs drafted Albert to start immediately at left tackle.

Period.

Wasn't that the draw of Albert? That he'd allow us to have a half dozen contingency plans?

NO.

milkman
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM

Albert has proven not only to be immensely talented, but immensely adaptable. This kid could literally play at LEAST four spots on the line, so I'd be okay with him at LG, RG, and RT. I don't think there's much doubt that Monroe, Oher, or Smith have a better shot at becoming elite LTs, and if they don't work out there we can always bring Albert back.

Let's rephrase this to actually say what you mean.

"I refuse to admit that I was wrong about Albert".

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Hey if there was a WR worthy of a Top 5, you wouldn't find much disagreement with me there. As of now I don't particularly believe there is.

I'm saying between the three of these guys, we are guaranteed to pick an LT that could all be #1 overalls with a lower pick. That's a BPA situation you absolutely never see.

That way you end up with an OL that is mostly young with three elite players, a promising young guy (Taylor), and a couple other guys who may be key players (Richardson, Wade Smith).

Richardson won't amount to shit. He's Svitek and Samson with a different last name.

Wade Smith is garbage.

Taylor is not a long-term solution at right tackle.

petegz28
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM

Don't **** with him!

God darn it, I am in agreement. That might be the smartest thing I have ever seen you post.

kcchiefsus
12-03-2008, 10:33 PM

How about if it ain't broke don't fix it. Albert is doing fine at left tackle despite having now only played 14 games in his college/NFL career at left tackle. If he is already an above average tackle imagine how good he could be when he's going into his 2nd and 3rd seasons. Moving Albert elsewhere would be a mistake.

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM

Of course their are some on here you have a dead hard on for DE nomatter what and fuck the BPA.

Mr. Laz
12-03-2008, 10:36 PM
you can't predict stupidity so what's the point of trying to predict who the Chiefs will draft.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 10:36 PM
NO.

Oh sure it was. While most here believed he could develop into a good LT (I was not a believer), all believed that if he didn't pan out there, at least he could make an All Pro interior lineman, or maybe even a great RT. He was a sure thing somewhere. You didn't have that contingency plan with Cherilus or Sam Baker.

kcchiefsus
12-03-2008, 10:37 PM
36. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: BRANDON GRAHAM - MICHIGAN - DE

Kansas City is in desperate need for some kind of pass rush. Former first round pick Tamba Hali isn’t the problem because he is currently the only threat to get to the quarterback on that team. Brandon Graham is a stronger and more physical version of LaMarr Woodley who has double-digit sacks with the Steelers.

I didn't realize a starting DE with only 1 sack isn't the problem. He's not THE problem but he's a big part of it. Now I believe he could perhaps bounce back a little after this season and put up 5 or 6 sacks a season but he certainly isn't an elite pass rusher. We need to keep in mind that Julius Peppers was held to 2 sacks last year so it's not like a player can't bounce back and improve again. Of course Hali also isn't the athlete that Peppers is.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh sure it was. While most here believed he could develop into a good LT (I was not a believer), all believed that if he didn't pan out there, at least he could make an All Pro interior lineman, or maybe even a great RT. He was a sure thing somewhere. You didn't have that contingency plan with Cherilus or Sam Baker.

Who gives a fuck what 'Planet members thought of his future?

The CHIEFS organization immediately designated him as the left tackle for the next ten years.

99% of the posters here don't know jack fucking shit about personnel, hence all of the "Dorsey's a bust", "Trade Kolby Smith", etc. nonsense that goes on here.

And that's not even to mention people saying that Croyle reminded them of "Joe Namath".

Give me a fucking break.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Let's rephrase this to actually say what you mean.

"I refuse to admit that I was wrong about Albert".

Let's be honest, at least. I've admitted I was wrong many times, Albert included. I've never been credibly accused around here of skirting responsibility.

At the end of the day, nine out of ten people who aren't Chiefs homers would probably agree that Oher/Smith/Monroe has a better chance of becoming a Pro Bowl LT than Albert, and that Albert has a better chance of becoming a Pro Bowl interior lineman than he does an LT.

So let's take advantage of the odds, draft a player who's 1st overall caliber, and get ourselves an elite OL.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Who gives a **** what 'Planet members thought of his future?

The CHIEFS organization immediately designated him as the left tackle for the next ten years.

99% of the posters here don't know jack ****ing shit about personnel, hence all of the "Dorsey's a bust", "Trade Kolby Smith", etc. nonsense that goes on here.

And that's not even to mention people saying that Croyle reminded them of "Joe Namath".

Give me a ****ing break.

Did you honestly believe that Albert would grade out better as an LT prospect that Cherilus, Baker, or Otah?

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
At the end of the day, nine out of ten people who aren't Chiefs homers would probably agree that Oher/Smith/Monroe has a better chance of becoming a Pro Bowl LT than Albert, and that Albert has a better chance of becoming a Pro Bowl interior lineman than he does an LT.

Bullshit.

Let Oher, Smith or Monroe PROVE they can play left tackle at a high level in the NFL for a season before you make any rush to judgment like that.

Albert has already proven he can do that.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Did you honestly believe that Albert would grade out better as an LT prospect that Cherilus, Baker, or Otah?

Yeah, two of the three are better suited for RT anyways.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Bullshit.

Let Oher, Smith or Monroe PROVE they can play left tackle at a high level in the NFL for a season before you make any rush to judgment like that.

Well Eugene Monroe was playing LT with Albert and him on the same college team...

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Richardson won't amount to shit. He's Svitek and Samson with a different last name.

Wade Smith is garbage.

Taylor is not a long-term solution at right tackle.

Sooooooooo... we only have two players on our entire OL squad that are worth anything, according to Dane.

You know a good way to rectify that?

Elite OT with our first pick.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:43 PM

Yes.

I thought Cherilus was over-rated, Otah was a better run blocker than pass blocker and that Baker had maxed out at left tackle at USC and would eventually end up on the right side.

Do a search. You'll find my comments.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Sam Baker is actually better than I thought he'd be.

Direckshun
Bullshit.

The difference is, I'm trying to do more than plug holes. I'm trying to fill our positions of need with elite fucking players.

Hammock Parties
Sooooooooo... we only have two players on our entire OL squad that are worth anything, according to Dane.

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

I'm going to kill you if you post this shit on Arrowheadpride. :#

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm trying to fill our positions of need

FAIL!

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:45 PM
So do we still have Roaf/Shields syndrome that we have to have the best oline ever.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:46 PM

How can you possibly dispute that?

Niswanger is not the "center of the future" and is much better suited at right guard.

McIntosh sucks. Jones sucks. Smith sucks. Richardson is a dud. Taylor's a jack of all trades who's best suited for the left side, which is currently occupied by the best two lineman on the squad.

I've been saying THIS since May. The Chiefs failure to win more than 3 games in 2008 will come down to center, right guard and right tackle.

Why do you think they've struggled so much in goal-line situations?

The center and the right side of the offensive line.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 10:47 PM
The Chiefs position of needs are:
QB
DE
MLB
RT
RG

In that order.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Lets just draft OL with the first 3 picks, then we'll win 6 games.

Mecca
QB
DE
MLB
RT
RG

In that order.

Someone is gonna get upset...

Direckshun
So do we still have Roaf/Shields syndrome that we have to have the best oline ever.

Li'l bit.

Certainly more than we have to have the best safety ever.

milkman
12-03-2008, 10:49 PM

Or you could fix that with quality linemen like Mack, Urbik, Unger, Luigs, Tupuo, etc. in the second through 4th rounds.

Tribal Warfare

nope , if Stafford is the BPA snag him, if Oher is the best player pick him,and if it is Orakpo/Brown select him. It's just a matter who the BPA is when KC picks

Mecca
Li'l bit.

Certainly more than we have to have the best safety ever.

Do you realize what a playmaker at safety does for a team...

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 10:50 PM
How can you possibly dispute that?

Niswanger is not the "center of the future" and is much better suited at right guard.

McIntosh sucks. Jones sucks. Smith sucks. Richardson is a dud. Taylor's a jack of all trades who's best suited for the left side, which is currently occupied by the best two lineman on the squad.

I've been saying THIS since May. The Chiefs failure to win more than 3 games in 2008 will come down to center, right guard and right tackle.

Why do you think they've struggled so much in goal-line situations?

The center and the right side of the offensive line.

For the record, an OL is more than the sum of its parts.

If you have three elite OL players playing, the other two look a hell of a lot better than they are. This happens all across the league.

milkman
12-03-2008, 10:50 PM
nope , if Stafford is the BPA snag him, if Oher is the best player pick him,and if it is Orakpo/Brown select him. It's just a matter who the BPA is when KC picks

Your and Idiot

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:52 PM

If you have three elite OL players playing, the other two look a hell of a lot better than they are. This happens all across the league.

So, what's your point?

Let's draft three "elite" left tackles and move them all around?

JFC. :shake:

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
So, what's your point?

Let's draft three "elite" left tackles and move them all around?

JFC. :shake:

It's that philosophy of having the best Oline in the league will win you games....it's true until you get to the playoffs.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Someone is gonna get upset...

Its the truth.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
It's that philosophy of having the best Oline in the league will win you games....it's true until you get to the playoffs.

The Chiefs proved that for years.

The Chiefs need upgrades at RG, RT and center. If they even had average players at those positions, the offensive line would improve considerably.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Its the truth.

But But But Tyler Thigpen!

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:56 PM
The Chiefs proved that for years.

The Chiefs need upgrades at RG, RT and center. If they even had average players at those positions, the offensive line would improve considerably.

People can want to rebuild that team or aspire to be the Titans all they want, teams like that will lose 9 out of 10 times when the playoffs roll around.

kcchiefsus
12-03-2008, 10:57 PM

Which is why Tennessee was able to lose Benji Olson and Jacob Bell at guard yet still have one of the best lines in the league.

ChiefsCountry
But But But Tyler Thigpen!

:LOL:

ChiefsCountry
Which is why Tennessee was able to lose Benji Olson and Jacob Bell at guard yet still have one of the best lines in the league.

And they signed Jake Scott to take Bell's place.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 10:58 PM
People can want to rebuild that team or aspire to be the Titans all they want, teams like that will lose 9 out of 10 times when the playoffs roll around.

Absolutely.

But regardless, the Chiefs do need upgrades at those positions.

Like Milkman suggested, guys from the 2nd-4th rounds could step in and play immediately.

And the Chiefs would be kicking less field goals from inside the ten yard line.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 10:58 PM
:LOL:

Well someone is thinking that, it just didn't come out cause it's 11 at night and not 3 in the afternoon.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Exactly those are the rounds to build the OL. Grunny was a 2nd rounder, Shields a 3rd, Szott a 7th.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Exactly those are the rounds to build the OL. Grunny was a 2nd rounder, Shields a 3rd, Szott a 7th.

And how many playoff games did the Chiefs win with that OL?

Direckshun rests his case!

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Well someone is thinking that, it just didn't come out cause it's 11 at night and not 3 in the afternoon.

Its bc they are pistol whipped.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 11:01 PM

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Its bc they are pistol whipped.

I really never wanna see that again, I find it a bit embarrassing to see our team running extremely gimmicky stuff like that.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM

LOL

Seriously, who are the elite players that we consider worthy of a #5 overall?

QBs? Nobody other than Stafford.
DL? eh...
WRs? eh...
Secondary? Maybe Mays... maybe.

The only positions that are guaranteed to provide good, solid talent for us are OL and LB.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Now wouldn't you rather have Taylor Mays than a LB?

Hammock Parties
12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
EH?

EH?

You say EH to Orakpo?

For all we know the Chiefs trade up to get Stafford.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 11:07 PM

I think I'd still prefer Maualuga.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 11:09 PM
LOL

DL? eh...
WRs? eh...

The only positions that are guaranteed to provide good, solid talent for us are OL and LB.

First off, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to early to declare the "elite" players.

Secondly, if the Chiefs were to draft ANOTHER left tackle in the first round, it would be the dumbest fucking move ever.

Give it a break, Dude.

kcchiefsus

Well I consider MLB a more important position and a bigger need right now. Rey Maualuga (spelling?) is a bigger step up from Thomas/Boiman than Mays would be from Page or Pollard.

Direckshun
EH?

EH?

You say EH to Orakpo?

For all we know the Chiefs trade up to get Stafford.

I'm on board to go get Stafford.

But for now, yes, I'm not sold enough on Orakpo. Certainly nowhere in the neighborhood I was about Dorsey.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I still think Mays will be a better pro than Maualuga.

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
LOL

DL? eh...
WRs? eh...

Malcolm Jenkins would be in that top 5 range concerning the secondary, the DL I'm interested in seeing more of Everett Brown because he plays eerily like Derrick with Pat Swilling's spin move.

dorseybowe
12-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Would love to grab a Gaines Adams-type DE in round one.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 11:14 PM
First off, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to early to declare the "elite" players.

Secondly, if the Chiefs were to draft ANOTHER left tackle in the first round, it would be the dumbest ****ing move ever.

Give it a break, Dude.

Oh sure it's early. That's not the point anyway. This is just late night bullshitting. We can't talk about the hundreds of women you've fucked every night.

But my board, right now, as it stands (Bradford not declaring):

1. Stafford

2. Oher
3. Maualuga
4. Monroe
5. Smith

6. Mays
7. Wells (if healthy)
8. Jenkins

9. Orakpo
10. Laurinaitis
11. Johnson

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2008, 11:17 PM
2. Oher
3. Maualuga
4. Monroe
5. Smith

I'm not a big Monroe fan, because he bases his game on finesse( a little soft) and isn't the greatest run blocker compared to the others.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm not a big Monroe fan, because he bases his game on finesse( a little soft) and isn't the greatest run blocker compared to the others.

Monroe is a pure athlete. He is a finesse guy, but that's really what you need in an LT anyway.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Do we have to talk about OL again..didn't we go through this last year...

evolve27
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Oh sure it's early. That's not the point anyway. This is just late night bullshitting. We can't talk about the hundreds of women you've fucked every night.

But my board, right now, as it stands (Bradford not declaring):

1. Stafford

2. Oher
3. Maualuga
4. Monroe
5. Smith

6. Mays
7. Wells (if healthy)
8. Jenkins

9. Orakpo
10. Laurinaitis
11. Johnson

What if Bradford does declare?

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:24 PM

Do you like noodle arms who are made by systems that don't require them to make tough throws?

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 11:24 PM

I'd put him about even with Stafford.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:25 PM
If you like Bradford I honestly want to know what he does well....Oklahoma has an extremely QB friendly system that has him surrounded with guys to make plays for him.

evolve27
12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Do you like noodle arms who are made by systems that don't require them to make tough throws?

Sanchez wasn't who I was thinking, not really.:thumb:

evolve27
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Just curious, cool.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Sanchez wasn't who I was thinking, not really.:thumb:

Mark Sanchez has a much better arm......

Look OKlahoma's system is QB favorable he gets to make easy throws to guys with huge separation. It'd be nice if someone in the big 12 could play defense so he'd have to make some tough throws...but Jason White did the same thing in the same system.

evolve27
12-03-2008, 11:35 PM
If you like Bradford I honestly want to know what he does well....Oklahoma has an extremely QB friendly system that has him surrounded with guys to make plays for him.

Deadly accurate, mid-grade arm, plays with poise, avoids turnovers, athletic, extremely smart. He is the team, he makes the other players look good, you can't tell me any QB on that roster would play the same as he is. Hell I'm a GA fan, used to live there just bought a T-shirt from the University when I was down there a month ago and the true die hards I know even say he's not ready, I like Stafford but he has a bust potential I don't like.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Really Jason White didn't put up stupid stats in the same system?

OU seems to have a system that makes their QB's look awesome...it doesn't hurt that they put a bunch of guys around them that make plays.

Anyone can be deadly accurate when guys have 5 yards of separation.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2008, 11:40 PM

This is true.

That would get downright boring.

evolve27
12-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Really Jason White didn't put up stupid stats in the same system?

OU seems to have a system that makes their QB's look awesome...it doesn't hurt that they put a bunch of guys around them that make plays.

Anyone can be deadly accurate when guys have 5 yards of separation.

I know and saw for a fact Green and Massaquoi had seperation the last game they played in numerous times, that's what they do they place it in the best spot. Just cause you zip a ball in btw defenders mean you have what it takes.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry all I see in Sam Bradford is a college system guy that is made by the players around him.

kcchiefsus
12-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Would love to grab a Gaines Adams-type DE in round one.

Since I don't know alot about Gaines Adams, what exactly type of DE is he?

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm sorry all I see in Sam Bradford is a college system guy that is made by the players around him.

Yes and No IMO. He reminds me alot of Rivers.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Yes and No IMO. He reminds me alot of Rivers.

The difference in that though is, Rivers was NC State they have never been able to come close to doing what they did with him before or after...he was the team.

Bradford is just a piece surrounded by great players.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I have a feeling he will be a good pro though. He isnt at Stafford's level but he is next tier down which isnt that bad considering where I think Stafford is as a prospect.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I think at the NFL level Sam Bradford is a game manager.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 12:01 AM

I've seen other board compare Bradford to Leinart but in a simpler offense, and Stafford to Cutler, do you agree with this Mecca? I think Bradford's a Philip Rivers, but smarter and more accurate.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I think at the NFL level Sam Bradford is a game manager.

Jim Kelly to Trent Green range, which still isnt bad.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Well USCs offense is much more pro friendly since all the QB's take 95% of the snaps under center...

But yes in alot of ways that may be true, neither has a big arm, they were both surrounded by great talent. They're system limited at the next level...smarts I dunno, USC's offense is very complicated to run where as OU has a great college scheme.

Physically like say arm they compare Leinart is/was bigger as far as body size and did run a system that you'd think would have set him up better for the NFL than Bradford.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:04 AM

Ok Jim Kelly was a great player with a damn good arm that took 4 teams to the Superbowl he wasn't a game manager.

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 12:08 AM

No, but not what you take in the top 5 or even top 15 IMO.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Kelly is upside and Green is what he probably will be.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Sam Bradford is like.....Marc Bulger.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2008, 12:11 AM

More like Matt Hasselbeck/ Kurt Warner arm strength, but the kid is pinpoint accurate and has a winners swagger.

evolve27
Sam Bradford is like.....Peyton Manning.

Corrected it for you. Just a simple typo it's all cool.

Tribal Warfare
Sam Bradford is like.....Marc Bulger.

Which isn't bad either

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Bradford's ceiling is a hell lot higher than Tyler Thigpen.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Corrected it for you. Just a simple typo it's all cool.

Not even close dude.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Bradford's ceiling is a hell lot higher than Tyler Thigpen.

That's not really saying a whole lot.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 12:14 AM
True, but would you take Bradford over say Rey or one of the tackles?

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:16 AM

I don't think I'd take a game manager type QB that high, I think Bradford is a guy who will be about as good as the team around him...I don't see him making anyone better.

Plus he's going to have a serious adjustment period NFL players don't remotely get as open as his guys at OU do.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 12:19 AM

Is that a joke or something? I don't think Mecca has this man of a QB rated remotely in the first round even.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Is that a joke or something? I don't think Mecca has this man of a QB rated remotely in the first round even.

Well Chad Pennington went in the 1st round.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 12:24 AM
What a hero.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l01VR6m5o08&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l01VR6m5o08&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dj56dt58
12-04-2008, 12:44 AM
QB
DE
MLB
RT
RG

In that order.

Thigpen>>>>>>>>>>>>>any of our DEs
Thigpen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boiman,Thomas
Thigpen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mcntosh
Thigpen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Re-Assessments:

1) Tebow is out. I ain't gonna' say why, just OUT.

2) Stafford: A much better showing on the highlight reels than last year. The kid has stepped up his urgency, and the delivery has gotten better.
You can't watch this guy, as of this year, and not see flashes of Elway and Favre. The problem is, he also shows the weaknesses of both Icons; failure to recognize collapse of pocket fast enough( Elway ), and when pressure comes, so does the world-famous( and reckless )'Gunslinging'( Favre ).

He's a pocket guy through and through. Does that make him a good match for KC as of today? No. Tomorrow? Who knows. But I can now at least see why he gives several people here a big, frothing hissy-fit when someone disparages his name.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:50 AM
You do realize that Stafford has pretty good mobility right?

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2008, 12:53 AM

Similar to Favre's when he was in his prime

Sam Hall
12-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Scott Wright said we should keep an eye on Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry. He's highly rated and could climb into the top 5.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Aaron Curry is a cover backer....

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-04-2008, 12:59 AM

I did see one play where he got it done on the move QUITE well. But here's the thing; from the first time I watched ANY film on the guy, I was JUST AS IMPRESSED with his receivers as I was with him.

I think in the case of his completions by mobility; I have to give well over 50% to the guy catching the ball.

Sam Hall
12-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Aaron Curry is a cover backer....

what's a cover backer?

evolve27
12-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Scott Wright said we should keep an eye on Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry. He's highly rated and could climb into the top 5.

Curry is a missle, he's all over the field and is climbing fast.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 01:06 AM
what's a cover backer?

It means he gets alot of INT's and drops off in coverage..most people would tell you taking a non blitz backer that high isn't smart.

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 01:07 AM
It means he gets alot of INT's and drops off in coverage..most people would tell you taking a non blitz backer that high isn't smart.

Well this defense hardly ever blitzes at all so a blitzing linebacker would be a waste for us.

King_Chief_Fan
12-04-2008, 07:46 AM

I don't see Mecca being a scout or talent evaluator or a decision maker for any colleges or pro teams.
His opinion is only his opinion and weighs no more than anyone else's.

PhillyChiefFan
12-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Everett Brown w/ the 5th pick!??!
Colt McCoy w/ the 3rd pick?!??!

Wow, I could be a better draft analyst than some of these guys.

We are going to have options anywhere we pick, after last year's draft I think that the one thing we do have is the ability to draft pretty well. Dorsey and especially Albert and Flowers have worked out pretty damn well thus far.

PhillyChiefFan
12-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Curry is a missle, he's all over the field and is climbing fast.

He definitly is, I have seen him play in a few games this season and the kid is a ball hawk.

HC_Chief
12-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Oher or Crabtree would be great.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 09:00 AM

This is just moronic. You don't draft players with contingencies that they may fail at the position that you draft them for. If Albert was a guard, he was going in the 3rd round. He's not and he wasn't. If you want to draft position flexible guys, do it in the 5th.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 09:03 AM

It's obvious to me that Direckshun just doesn't understand what the draft is all about.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 09:07 AM
I've seen other board compare Bradford to Leinart but in a simpler offense, and Stafford to Cutler, do you agree with this Mecca? I think Bradford's a Philip Rivers, but smarter and more accurate.

Bradford doesn't even have Leinart's arm strength, let alone Rivers' (which is still meh).

Sam Bradford is a West Coast QB at the next level. I'm sure Jon Gruden would love him, but I'd really like to know where this "poise" argument comes from. He's never been hit or pressured and his receivers are always wide open. The one time he got hit in the mouth consistently (Texas, 2nd half), he was terrible.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 09:08 AM

He's not worth a pick above 20.

Zouk
12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
People should not be shocked if Everette Brown flies up towards top 5 territory. Pass rushers tend to rise up draft boards and Brown is playing dominant football when it matters most down the home stretch of his final year.

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 09:35 AM
He's not worth a pick above 20.

Bradford's the best QB in this draft class. PERIOD.

Stafford is overrated.

Chiefnj2
12-04-2008, 09:36 AM
People should not be shocked if Everette Brown flies up towards top 5 territory. Pass rushers tend to rise up draft boards and Brown is playing dominant football when it matters most down the home stretch of his final year.

Not to nitpick but I don't think it is necessarily his final year, and he's come up empty in big games down the stretch. I belive that against every ranked team he failed to register a sack and may not have even had a TFL in those games.

Brock
12-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Stafford is overrated.

"Thigpen sucks".

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Stafford is overrated.

If we had a Pro Bowl O-Line, I'd take Stafford. As it is now; he'd get killed on this team.

Zouk
12-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Not to nitpick but I don't think it is necessarily his final year, and he's come up empty in big games down the stretch. I belive that against every ranked team he failed to register a sack and may not have even had a TFL in those games.

I saw him completely take over the entire game against Maryland (a bowl team) a couple of weeks ago. He was Derrick Thomas-type dominant.

(But I did just read about how he was shut out against Florida and BC. That is definitely a concern)

Chiefnj2
12-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I saw him completely take over the entire game against Maryland (a bowl team) a couple of weeks ago. He was Derrick Thomas-type dominant.

Being a "bowl team" is meaningless.

Against Georgia Tech, Florida and BC he didn't pick up a sack. Against lesser teams he looks a bit like Thomas.

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 10:04 AM
"Thigpen sucks".

He did suck the first couple games he played when we played in the run run pass punt offense.

Rausch
12-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Biggest weakness: anywhere on the D line, LB, and RT.

By now though most Chiefs' fans know we can't draft a safety or D lineman worth a $#it.

I'd trade down and then go LB, then BAA...

Brock
12-04-2008, 10:08 AM
He did suck the first couple games he played when we played in the run run pass punt offense.

Your judgement on QBs is at best, bad.

Rausch
12-04-2008, 10:10 AM
"Thigpen sucks".

We should probably trade up from 3 to double-plus-1 and then draft Jesus H. Christ...

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Your judgement on QBs is at best, bad.

Man good thing we have you around then, other wise nobody here would know shit about QB's. :rolleyes:

Obviously you didn't watch the ATL game.

The Franchise
12-04-2008, 10:27 AM
We should probably trade up from 3 to double-plus-1 and then draft Jesus H. Christ...

I thought he hated us. Wouldn't he just hold out during training camp?

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I thought he hated us. Wouldn't he just hold out during training camp?

Then he's re-enter the draft the following year after screwing Carl over.

Rausch
12-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Man good thing we have you around then, other wise nobody here would know shit about QB's. :rolleyes:

I bet he did.

I'd also guess he was around when Gonzo was backing up Ted Popson because he couldn't block or learn his routes.

Yer' point?

Balto
12-04-2008, 10:48 AM
The way I see it we only have TWO options.

1) draft the BEST LT
2) Trade down

I have said this time and time again!!!!!!

Most of you say it's a waste to move Albert /cry /cry /cry

LOOK

I'm sure most of you would be more then happy if we traded down and picked up the STUD guard from Oklahoma DUKE ROBINSON.

He is projected to go off the board around 15-20th and is said to be the 2nd best OG to come out of the draft for 10+ years.

YES Brandon Albert being the first!!!!!!

Many teams would take Duke at the 15th spot this year no question.

So why would it be SOOOO wrong for us to of took a Guard (better then Duke) at 15th last year? Brandon is so good he served us better at LT this year then his PRO BOWL spot at LG.

I mean we could trade down this coming year and draft Duke Robinson and have Duke and Albert on the same side and our left side would be GREAT for years.

OR the better option

Would be to draft one of the BEST top 3 LT's this year and move Albert to LG.

You guys tell me what you would like better.

Duke/Albert

OR

Albert/Oher

No question in my mind what would be better.

Also,
I would do this (IF we get a DE FA) in the first 4 rounds. If we get a MLB in FA as well then take MACK over SPIKES.

Round 1: Oher/Smith
Round 2: Alex Mack C----OR-----Brandon Spikes MLB
Round 3: Phil Loadholt RT------OR-----Herman Johnson G

So
Our NEW line would look like this

EDIT: Oher--Albert--Mack--Waters--Phil (Had it backwards)

GOOD LORD!!!!! That would be Sweeeet. Then in 2010 draft Waters replacement in rounds 2 or 3

Again this is all for fun until we see what we get in FA. If we don't get a DE OR MLB then of course this draft would change, BUT I would still take Oher with our first pick. With us taking Oher we would upgrade THREE spots RG/LG and LT since Waters would move to RG and Albert to LG. Thats GREAT Value.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 10:55 AM
FFS. This fanbase should be gassed and burned.

If you draft an LT, you basically say to Albert, who has proved he can play LT in the pros "no, you can't, and even though you were a third round G prospect, we feel comfortable making you a guard at #15.", and we're going to see if this other guy can do the job that you can, even though you can do the job more than adequately.

While we're at it, if this doesn't happen, we'll trade down, even though this class lacks elite top level talent, just because other teams will be willing to trade up to get this non-existent talent that we don't want, giving us large portions of their draft in the process.

We can draft G's and C's in the middle rounds. We already have a left tackle.

Willie Roaf isn't walking through that door, True Fans. Will Shields isn't walking through that door and John Alt isn't walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door they're gonna be gray and old. What we are is young, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us because there are young guys in that (locker) room playing their asses off. I wish we had $90 million under the salary cap. I wish we could buy the world. We can't.

Brock
12-04-2008, 11:01 AM

Sure I did. And I saw Thigpen doing things that your mancrush Huard couldn't dream of on his best day.

King_Chief_Fan
12-04-2008, 11:07 AM

1) draft the BEST LT
2) Trade down

LOOK

I'm sure most of you would be more then happy if we traded down and picked up the STUD guard from Oklahoma DUKE ROBINSON.

He is projected to go off the board around 15-20th and is said to be the 2nd best OG to come out of the draft for 10+ years.

So why would it be SOOOO wrong for us to of took a Guard (better then Duke) at 15th last year? Brandon is so good he served us better at LT this year then his PRO BOWL spot at LG.

I mean we could trade down this coming year and draft Duke Robinson and have Duke and Albert on the same side and our left side would be GREAT for years.

OR the better option

Duke/Albert

OR

Albert/Oher

Also,
I would do this (IF we get a DE FA) in the first 4 rounds. If we get a MLB in FA as well then take MACK over SPIKES.

So

Phil--Waters--Mack--Albert--Oher

GOOD LORD!!!!! That would be Sweeeet. Then in 2010 draft Waters replacement in rounds 2 or 3

Again this is all for fun until we see what we get in FA. If we don't get a DE OR MLB then of course this draft would change, BUT I would still take Oher with our first pick. With us taking Oher we would upgrade THREE spots RG/LG and LT since Waters would move to RG and Albert to LG. Thats GREAT Value.

one of the many reasons n00bs shouldn't post

Balto
12-04-2008, 11:13 AM
What are you smoking ICE,

Brandon Albert was always projected to be a first rounder AS A GUARD!!!!!!

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Man get your facts straight :banghead:

Balto
12-04-2008, 11:17 AM
King_Chief_Fan,

Whats wrong with this IF we get our DE and MLB in FA this year?

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 11:20 AM

1) draft the BEST LT
2) Trade down

LOOK

OR the better option

Duke/Albert

OR

Albert/Oher

Also,

So

ROFL
I knew somebody would say we should try this.

Balto
12-04-2008, 11:22 AM
If we get our DE/MLB in FA there is no reason why we shouldn't

The Franchise
12-04-2008, 11:26 AM
So

Either you put that backwards or you're retarded. You want a 3rd round pick tackle as our LT and a Top 5 pick as our RT. Plus you want to move our LToTF that we got at #15 last year.....to RG. I don't know where to start with this.

tyton75
12-04-2008, 11:42 AM
WE NEED LB's!!!

don't know that I would take one with a top 5 pick.. but Maulauga looks dayum tempting!

with DJ moving to middle, I'm thinking the chiefs are going to see what he can do.. and if a QB they want with the first pick isnt' there, they may just take a LB

Balto
12-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Ya sorry I put them backwards

Oher--Albert--Mack--Waters--Phil

pestilenceaf23,

Did you not read the first part of my post? 15th is not to high to take a Guard like Albert or Duke. We just took our guard last year and get our stud LT this year.

The Franchise
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Ya sorry I put them backwards

Oher--Albert--Mack--Waters--Phil

pestilenceaf23,

Did you not read the first part of my post? 15th is not to high to take a Guard like Albert or Duke. We just took our guard last year and get our stud LT this year.

No....no.....no. You damn people act like if we shore up the offensive line that we'll win the Superbowl. Guess what? WE HAVE OTHER HOLES TO FILL! Have you seen our lack of a defense? We need to get a DE, MLB, OLB, QB, RT and C.

This is how I think we should draft.

Depending on who we get in FA....the 1st round could go 1 of 2 ways (assuming Stafford is gone).

FA: Terrell Suggs DE
1st round - Rey Maulauga MLB USC
2nd round - Alex Mack C Cal
3rd round - Victor Harris CB Va. Tech

FA: Jonathan Vilma MLB
1st round - Brian Orakpo DE Texas
2nd round - Alex Mack C Cal
3rd round - Victor Harris CB Va. Tech

The Franchise
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
That gives you an offensive line of this.

Albert/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Taylor

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-04-2008, 11:51 AM
WE NEED LB's!!!

don't know that I would take one with a top 5 pick.. but Maulauga looks dayum tempting!

with DJ moving to middle, I'm thinking the chiefs are going to see what he can do.. and if a QB they want with the first pick isnt' there, they may just take a LB

Intelligence REP!

King_Chief_Fan
12-04-2008, 11:51 AM
King_Chief_Fan,

Whats wrong with this IF we get our DE and MLB in FA this year?

well, some of the facts are off base, the line up is off base etc.
I think I know what you are trying to say, but I usually don't want to have to do that much deciphering when reading.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 12:17 PM
That gives you an offensive line of this.

Albert/Waters/Mack/Niswanger/Taylor

Taylor is NOT a right tackle.

Why do people continue to pencil him in at right tackle?

The right tackle should be a road grader. 6'5, 6'6, 300 pounds.

Not 6'3, 275.

The Franchise
12-04-2008, 12:20 PM

Not 6'3, 275.

Ehhh....so I don't know who the RT is going to be. Big deal....

Reerun_KC
12-04-2008, 12:22 PM

Not 6'3, 275.

Why arent you working for a NFL tea,m?

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Why arent you working for a NFL tea,m?

Because I'm too smart to work that hard for little money.

:D

beach tribe
12-04-2008, 12:39 PM

1) draft the BEST LT
2) Trade down

LOOK

OR the better option

Duke/Albert

OR

Albert/Oher

Also,

So

EDIT: Oher--Albert--Mack--Waters--Phil (Had it backwards)

Whoaaa. Yur retarded.

beach tribe
12-04-2008, 12:44 PM
What are you smoking ICE,

Brandon Albert was always projected to be a first rounder AS A GUARD!!!!!!

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Man get your facts straight :banghead:

Wrong!! He would have never been projected that high had teams not thought he translated to LT. Thanks for playing.

AustinChief
12-04-2008, 12:50 PM
ok, so I read through this mess of a thread... and the one thing that jumped out at me was that everyone seems to dismiss Colt McCoy offhand.

Could someone explain to me why this is?

I am not advocating we take him in the top 5... but he does have pro size 6'3" 210lbs... he may be even more mobile than Tyler is... one of the most accurate passers in the game right now... excellent decision making... is tough as nails....

What isn't to like about him? (and if one of you idiots says "arm strength"... you need to actually watch the games THIS YEAR.. his arm strength is much improved)

Personally I would love to take him with our 2nd pick.... but I doubt he even comes out. Which will make him a first rounder next year.

Reerun_KC
12-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Because I'm too smart to work that hard for little money.

:D

Do you need a corporate pilot?

El Jefe
12-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Wrong!! He would have never been projected that high had teams not thought he translated to LT. Thanks for playing.

Correct.

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 02:06 PM

Not 6'3, 275.

So you are saying Herb Taylor's listed weight of 6'3" 295 is wrong.

Because if it is correct, which I believe it is (he does not look 275), then I would take a 6'3" 295 over a 6'6" 300 because that shorter slightly lighter player is probably stockier (if that's a word?) whereas the 6'6" is alot more lanky with only 5 extra pounds.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2008, 02:19 PM
FFS. This fanbase should be gassed and burned.

If you draft an LT, you basically say to Albert, who has proved he can play LT in the pros "no, you can't, and even though you were a third round G prospect, we feel comfortable making you a guard at #15.", and we're going to see if this other guy can do the job that you can, even though you can do the job more than adequately.

Incorrect you are building your OL with the BPA, and because of his adaptability the transition to RT or OG is seamless.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 02:20 PM
So you are saying Herb Taylor's listed weight of 6'3" 295 is wrong.

Because if it is correct, which I believe it is (he does not look 275), then I would take a 6'3" 295 over a 6'6" 300 because that shorter slightly lighter player is probably stockier (if that's a word?) whereas the 6'6" is alot more lanky with only 5 extra pounds.

I mis-typed.

Prototypical right tackle is 6'5 - 6'6, 300 pounds.

Like Barry Richardson.

Too bad Richardson doesn't have Taylor's talent and drive.

IMO, Herb Taylor will be the perfect replacement for Brian Waters.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 02:29 PM
If you put Phil Loadholt at tackle in the NFL he is going to get absolutely smoked...dudes will just run right around him.

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 02:35 PM
I mis-typed.

Prototypical right tackle is 6'5 - 6'6, 300 pounds.

Like Barry Richardson.

Too bad Richardson doesn't have Taylor's talent and drive.

IMO, Herb Taylor will be the perfect replacement for Brian Waters.

But still, he's only 5 pounds under 300 pounds. And since he's 6'3" as opposed to 6'5"-6'6" he is likely just as stocky as somebody who is taller and a little heavier. I don't see the problem with his size. He might not be a typical right tackle but it has nothing to do with his size IMO. 5 pounds is not much of a difference at all. Hell, my weight can fluctuate +/- 5 pounds in the matter of a single day and I don't even notice.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
ok, so I read through this mess of a thread... and the one thing that jumped out at me was that everyone seems to dismiss Colt McCoy offhand.

Could someone explain to me why this is?

I am not advocating we take him in the top 5... but he does have pro size 6'3" 210lbs... he may be even more mobile than Tyler is... one of the most accurate passers in the game right now... excellent decision making... is tough as nails....

What isn't to like about him? (and if one of you idiots says "arm strength"... you need to actually watch the games THIS YEAR.. his arm strength is much improved)

Personally I would love to take him with our 2nd pick.... but I doubt he even comes out. Which will make him a first rounder next year.

Lets see....he's light for his height 210 isn't good size for 6'3...he's from Texas, which should immediately raise a flag Texas players aren't well coached. He's not in a pro style system or really one that's close..and his arm may be better but it still isn't good.

AustinChief
12-04-2008, 02:41 PM
If you put Phil Loadholt at tackle in the NFL he is going to get absolutely smoked...dudes will just run right around him.
And Jake Long can't play left tackle in the NFL....

Dude, I seriously question your ability to judge offensive talent... Loadholt has a few problems... but those are all coachable... with his size and a decent coach .. he will make a fine tackle in the NFL.

Barring injury, want to make a bet he goes in the first three rounds?

Brock
12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Dude, I seriously question your ability to judge offensive talent...

Everybody does.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 02:44 PM
You haven't seen Phil Loadholts big slow feet eh, some college players run around him...a speed rusher at the NFL level would abuse him, like when Leonard Davis was trying to play OT.

Also with McCoy I didn't even mention his injury problems.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
And Jake Long can't play left tackle in the NFL....

Dude, I seriously question your ability to judge offensive talent... Loadholt has a few problems... but those are all coachable... with his size and a decent coach .. he will make a fine tackle in the NFL.

Barring injury, want to make a bet he goes in the first three rounds?

Well your posts are usually about how anyone from Texas or Oklahoma is the shit.....so that's well thought out I'm sure.

El Jefe
12-04-2008, 02:47 PM
You haven't seen Phil Loadholts big slow feet eh, some college players run around him...a speed rusher at the NFL level would abuse him, like when Leonard Davis was trying to play OT.

Also with McCoy I didn't even mention his injury problems.

I'm going to agree with you on this point, which is rare for me to do.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm going to agree with you on this point, which is rare for me to do.

You only do that because I don't like Laurenaitis.

AustinChief
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Lets see....he's light for his height 210 isn't good size for 6'3...he's from Texas, which should immediately raise a flag Texas players aren't well coached. He's not in a pro style system or really one that's close..and his arm may be better but it still isn't good.

He can easily add some weight... besides Tom Brady is 6'4" and 225... that is a very weak arguement... given that he is tough as hell and takes a pounding every week but never seems to be injured....

As for arm strength... it is not a cannon.. but is not Pennington weak either. It is in the Tony Romo, Tom Brady range... AND again... something that he has shown he can improve.

So your arguement basically boils down to... he is from Texas and you are biased against them so he sucks. With the offense he plays in now,, he could easily transition to the NFL... he isn't a dumb kid. (he is no Vince Young)

Have you watched a single game he has played in? Give me something you have SEEN on the field... I have watched EVERY game this year and didn't see any weak passes, I HAVE seen him make smart decisions and when needed pound the ball ahead with his running.

I really don't get why everyone is so down on him as an NFL QB

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Sure I did. And I saw Thigpen doing things that your mancrush Huard couldn't dream of on his best day.

Like what? Throw mult INT's in one half of football? You mean taking a whole quarter and a half just to make a first down? STFU You didn't see shit, just like 99.9% of the rest of us.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Why do you go to bat for every single Texas player....

Colt McCoy got injured his first 2 seasons..he likely doesn't weigh what he's listed as he looks thin. The system is not good for preparing guys for the next level, and like it or not Texas players are undercoached and not well prepared for the next level.

You can say I'm bias against Texas players because I consider them more risky than most, sure the talent is there but they're behind the curve.

Brock
12-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Like what? Throw mult INT's in one half of football? You mean taking a whole quarter and a half just to make a first down? STFU You didn't see shit, just like 99.9% of the rest of us.

Sure, dummy. That's why I said they should leave Thigpen in as the starter while you and the rest of the panty-wearing true fans wanted Huard to get back in immediately. Douche.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 03:00 PM

Then I'm the .01% and posted as much on 9/21.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2008, 03:00 PM

Easy.

His name isn't Matthew Stafford.

This has become a yearly ritual on CP.

A handful of guys try their damnedest to convince everyone that the only QB worth taking in the class is going in the Top 5, and the rest are garbage.

Hell, even on draft day,and the weeks after, these guys were SCREAMING that Joe Flacco was a HUGE reach.

All he's done is put up very comparable numbers to their Golden Boy Matt Ryan, who has a better OL, WR and running game to help him out, and has the same record. (8-4)

FTR, I'm not arguing for or against McCoy. Just making it clear that you're going to get an argument about any QB in the draft not named Stafford.

AustinChief
12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Well your posts are usually about how anyone from Texas or Oklahoma is the shit.....so that's well thought out I'm sure.

WHAT THE F? I RARELY pimp Texas players and even RARER when it comes to OU players.

Can you provide some examples? I am a U-M fan... so I admit a Jake Long bias... but then again... I was right and you were dead wrong on that one. So my bias didn't hurt too much...

So, instead of reverting to lame ad hominem remarks... do you have anything to actually ADD to the debate?

And by the way, yes Loadholt can get beat by speed rushers SOMETIMES (Orakpo abused him)... but it is a coachable technique/footwork issue not a unassailable "big slow feet" issue.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
He can easily add some weight... besides Tom Brady is 6'4" and 225... that is a very weak arguement... given that he is tough as hell and takes a pounding every week but never seems to be injured....

As for arm strength... it is not a cannon.. but is not Pennington weak either. It is in the Tony Romo, Tom Brady range... AND again... something that he has shown he can improve.

So your arguement basically boils down to... he is from Texas and you are biased against them so he sucks. With the offense he plays in nowHello - commatard on the loose. he could easily transition to the NFL... he isn't a dumb kid. (he is no Vince Young)

Have you watched a single game he has played in? Give me something you have SEEN on the field... I have watched EVERY game this year and didn't see any weak passes, I HAVE seen him make smart decisions and when needed pound the ball ahead with his running.

1 QB from a spread offense has amounted to anything in the NFL. 1. Drew Brees.

McCoy has a bad injury history, he doesn't weigh over 200 pounds (just look at him for god's sake, he's build like Croyle), he has a marginal arm, he plays in an offense where he has to make one read, and he has playmakers all over the field. He also almost never takes snaps under center.

We've already been down this road 20 years ago. They were called David Klingler and Andre Ware then. Now they are Colt McCoy and Graham Harrell. You'd think people would learn from the past, but they don't.

And Phil Loadholt is basically Carl Nicks without any athleticism. He's going to be an awful, awful right tackle. The thought of him trying to block a blitzing 3-4 backer is just comical. Orakpo went around him like he was standing in 4 feet of clay.

AustinChief
12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Why do you go to bat for every single Texas player....

Colt McCoy got injured his first 2 seasons..he likely doesn't weigh what he's listed as he looks thin. The system is not good for preparing guys for the next level, and like it or not Texas players are undercoached and not well prepared for the next level.

You can say I'm bias against Texas players because I consider them more risky than most, sure the talent is there but they're behind the curve.

I go to bat for every single Texas player? You seem to have me mistaken with someone else... I go to bat for any player I think will do well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
WHAT THE F? I RARELY pimp Texas players and even RARER when it comes to OU players.

Can you provide some examples? I am a U-M fan... so I admit a Jake Long bias... but then again... I was right and you were dead wrong on that one. So my bias didn't hurt too much...

So, instead of reverting to lame ad hominem remarks... do you have anything to actually ADD to the debate?

And by the way, yes Loadholt can get beat by speed rushers SOMETIMES (Orakpo abused him)... but it is a coachable technique/footwork issue not a unassailable "big slow feet" issue.

There is no way anyone could make the argument with a straight face that Jake Long has been a better draft pick (at even THIS point) than Matt Ryan, Clady, or Albert.

If he was such a great pick, why were two other tackles drafted after him playing just as well, if not better, than him NOW, and have more upside in the long run?

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2008, 03:07 PM
There is no way anyone could make the argument with a straight face that Jake Long has been a better draft pick (at even THIS point) than Matt Ryan, Clady, or Albert.

If he was such a great pick, why were two other tackles drafted after him playing just as well, if not better, than him NOW, and have more upside in the long run?

In all fairness, Hamas, I don't see anywhere in AC's post that says he thinks Long has been better than any of those guys.

I think he's simply pointing out that Mecca was adamant (as was I, and thus far, I've been proven wrong as well) that Long would be abused by speed rushers, and so far, that hasn't happened.

The Franchise
12-04-2008, 03:09 PM
So does that mean that Loadholt would project better at guard?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 03:11 PM
So does that mean that Loadholt would project better at guard?

Too tall for my tastes. I wouldn't want a 6'8" guard. You'd need a monstrous QB to see over him.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 03:11 PM

Throw in Jeff Otah, Sam Baker and Duane Brown.

Personally, I'm still bummed about Carl Nicks. He went in the late fifth and has started all year for New Orleans. I'd certainly take him over Richardson.

Our O-line would be pretty badass right now.

The Franchise
12-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Too tall for my tastes. I wouldn't want a 6'8" guard. You'd need a monstrous QB to see over him.

DT?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Throw in Jeff Otah, Sam Baker and Duane Brown.

Personally, I'm still bummed about Carl Nicks. He went in the late fifth and has started all year for New Orleans. I'd certainly take him over Richardson.

Our O-line would be pretty badass right now.

I felt like an idiot when I took Nicks in the second round of the CP Mock and then he got busted and banned from his pro day (but I can't predict arrests). But as a player, I was pretty on about him.

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Sure, dummy. That's why I said they should leave Thigpen in as the starter while you and the rest of the panty-wearing true fans wanted Huard to get back in immediately. Douche.

Yeah, dont mention that the coaching staff completely changed the offense after that, because he couldnt run a pro style offense as it clearly showed at the time.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM
In all fairness, Hamas, I don't see anywhere in AC's post that says he thinks Long has been better than any of those guys.

I think he's simply pointing out that Mecca was adamant (as was I, and thus far, I've been proven wrong as well) that Long would be abused by speed rushers, and so far, that hasn't happened.

I still don't think Jake Long was worth the #1 pick....the value of their pick looks pretty blah when you see all these other guys on the same level.

the Talking Can
12-04-2008, 03:24 PM
do people get paid to be stupid

if we have back-to-back top 5 picks and don't take a ****ing QB...this franchise, this franchise that has lacked a QBOTF for ****ing ever, that has sucked ****ing ass for 15 years...if this ****ing franchise loses enough ****ing games to have BACK-TO-BACK top 5 picks and doesn't ****ing draft a ****ing QB then we ****ing deserve to lose for another ****ing 15 years....

and some of you ****ing idiots want to draft OL back to ****ing back in the first ****ing round...all you ****ing want for two ****ing years of ****ing losing is a couple of ****ing offensive linemen? you ****ing kidding me?

we eat ****ing ass for 15 years because we don't have a ****ing QB and now we have back to ****ing back top ****ing 5 ****ing picks and ****ing we aren't ****ing going to draft a ****ing QB? ****ing ****

all ****ing because of ****ing thigpen you must be ****ing me

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I still don't think Jake Long was worth the #1 pick....the value of their pick looks pretty blah when you see all these other guys on the same level.

If they had done what Atlanta did, they would have out much better in the long term.

Take Ryan at number one overall and move back into the first round for Baker.

They'd be set for a decade. Instead, they'll be looking for a QB again in two years.

OnTheWarpath15

And I don't see anywhere where he's saying anything about value, either.

You were wrong (as was I) about him getting abused by speed rushers. Quit moving the goalposts, take your medicine, and move on.

Mecca

if we have back-to-back top 5 picks and don't take a ****ing QB...this franchise, this franchise that has lacked a QBOTF for ****ing ever, that has sucked ****ing ass for 15 years...if this ****ing franchise loses enough ****ing games to have BACK-TO-BACK top 5 picks and doesn't ****ing draft a ****ing QB then we ****ing deserve to lose for another ****ing 15 years....

and some of you ****ing idiots want to draft OL back to ****ing back in the first ****ing round...all you ****ing want for two ****ing years of ****ing losing is a couple of ****ing offensive linemen? you ****ing kidding me?

we eat ****ing ass for 15 years because we don't have a ****ing QB and now we have back to ****ing back top ****ing 5 ****ing picks and ****ing we aren't ****ing going to draft a ****ing QB? ****ing ****

You missed that memo about Thigpen being the guy eh?

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 03:26 PM

That's fine if Matthew Stafford is there but my money is on him being gone before our pick. No other quarterback looks worthy of a top 5 pick.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2008, 03:27 PM

My God, you've gone full-blown retarded.

if we have back-to-back top 5 picks and don't take a ****ing QB...

Ryan was gone at #5 last year. Who do you suggest we should have taken?

Stafford will likely be gone this year. Who do you suggest we take?

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 03:28 PM
You missed that memo about Thigpen being the guy eh?

And you already know for a fact that he won't be? If we have a chance to get Stafford then fine but for the time being what's wrong with sitting back and seeing how he develops? Sure he has to play out of the shotgun right now but what's to say he can't play under center as he develops and improves?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 03:31 PM

Somebody gonna get they ass kicked
Somebody gonna get they wig split

evolve27
12-04-2008, 03:34 PM

This is an extremely strong OL class.

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 03:34 PM
I've made a decision. If Matthew Stafford is gone, Aaron Curry is my pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 03:35 PM

Jebus.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I felt like an idiot when I took Nicks in the second round of the CP Mock and then he got busted and banned from his pro day (but I can't predict arrests). But as a player, I was pretty on about him.

Clearly, he was an absolute steal. Starting almost immediately for the number one offense in the league?

The Chiefs would take that in a heartbeat.

the Talking Can
12-04-2008, 03:38 PM
My God, you've gone full-blown retarded.

Ryan was gone at #5 last year. Who do you suggest we should have taken?

Stafford will likely be gone this year. Who do you suggest we take?

then we trade up to get him fuck

this why winning is so god damn stupid this year...

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Hypothetical:

Stafford, Orpakpo and Taylor Mays have all been selected. Sam Bradford decides to return to OU.

You cannot trade down.

Who do you take?

RustShack
I love sex

DaneMcCloud

The teams in front of us will have likely given up their spot to get him.

It doesn't matter anyway, for fuck's sake: He's going to Detroit.

Get over it.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Hypothetical:

Stafford, Orpakpo and Taylor Mays have all been selected. Sam Bradford decides to return to OU.

You cannot trade down.

Who do you take?

At this point, before the Senior Bowl and combines?

Rey Rey

'Hamas' Jenkins
Hypothetical:

You cannot trade down.

Who do you take?

Are we picking fourth and those three have been taken?

Sfeihc
Forget all this qb talk, the Chiefs need to draft the best defensive player available.

OnTheWarpath15

Yeah, let's give up our 1st, 2nd and one of our 3rds to move up to the #2 spot to grab Ryan.

Fucking brilliant.

As of late, you have no business calling anyone else stupid...

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Are we picking fourth and those three have been taken?

4th or 5th.

Does it matter?

RustShack
12-04-2008, 03:41 PM

If QB was our only need that would be a good idea. But we have a lot of needs, and we have a serviceable QB that COULD be our future. Trading up would be retarded. There aren't a bunch of elite players this year, you don't just draft for position, you draft for great players. Learn what your talking about or shut up.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 03:42 PM

I wouldn't be upset if we went with him even if Stafford was on the board.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 03:43 PM
4th or 5th.

Does it matter?

Yes.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes.

The give me both scenarios...

raybec 4
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM

Why not take Anne Curry instead, she is awesome on the Today show.

evolve27
Hypothetical:

You cannot trade down.

Who do you take?

curry.

The Franchise
Hypothetical:

You cannot trade down.

Who do you take?

Maulauga......You shore up the the MLB spot and move on.

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Hypothetical:

You cannot trade down.

Who do you take?

Aaron Curry.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
curry.

Why in the hell would you take him that high...why?

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
So far:

3 for Maualuga. (Dane, P23, and myself)

2 for Aaron Curry

Mecca
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah, let's give up our 1st, 2nd and one of our 3rds to move up to the #2 spot to grab Ryan.

Fucking brilliant.

Worked for the Giants they just gave up 2 1's instead of giving up everything else.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Flying up draft boards higher for a reason man. OC's will have to adjust to him.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Rankings.php

Mecca
12-04-2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Rankings.php

Aaron Curry in the top 5 may be enough to really make me not give a shit at all.

You understand that's just a senior listing right.....

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 03:48 PM

Because he is probably going to shoot up draft boards. He can play MLB or OLB, weigh's in at close to 250 pounds, he can cover, from what I have seen he can blitz and get pressure when called upon to do so, and he is simply a playmaker. He looks to be a good tackler as well, something that should not be overlooked.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 03:49 PM
If we stick with the Tampa 2, I'm not drafting a corner. If we shitcan the Tampa 2 and play more of a Cover 1 or zone blitzing scheme I could potentially be talked into either Jenkins or Davis, with a lot of contingencies. If we stayed T2, I'd probably be happier with Mauluga, and I'd be expecting Curry to be Derrick Brooks with that draft position.

If Crabtree somehow ran a 4.4 at the combine AND showed good route running capabilities, I could see taking him at 5, but I doubt his ability to do that. If DHB is a really good interview and runs crisp routes, I could see him catapulting.

I want no part of Michael Johnson in the top five, and I just don't see the point of drafting Smith, Oher, or Monroe there.

But this is really an impossible scenario. Mays will not go in the top 4, and he is the backup of all backup plans.

For voting purposes, put me down as Mauluga or Jenkins. I love OSU DBs.

DaneMcCloud
Aaron Curry.

Nope, Rey.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=23926&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d23926

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=24662&draftyear=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfldraft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fid%3d24662%26dr aftyear%3d2009

The Chiefs already have DJ.

OnTheWarpath15
Worked for the Giants they just gave up 2 1's instead of giving up everything else.

Wow.

It worked for a team that already had a shit-ton more talent in place that we do.

If it worked for them, it HAS to work for us.

the Talking Can

****ing brilliant.

retard true fans...never learn

"oh my god it's risky!"

"let's just draft OL..."

and we'll just continue to suck ass, fans and all...

if you believe in the QB, you get him....period

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Because he is probably going to shoot up draft boards. He can play MLB or OLB, weigh's in at close to 250 pounds, he can cover, from what I have seen he can blitz and get pressure when called upon to do so, and he is simply a playmaker. He looks to be a good tackler as well, something that should not be overlooked.

Not at #5 overall.

10? Sure.

Just not at #5.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Wow.

It worked for a team that already had a shit-ton more talent in place that we do.

If it worked for them, it HAS to work for us.

How was the team with the 3rd pick that year good? Lets not forget how bad the Giants were that year.

OnTheWarpath15
Aaron Curry in the top 5 may be enough to really make me not give a shit at all.

You understand that's just a senior listing right.....

Save it, we've heard this song and dance before.

This time last year, you said if they passed on Brohm, you'd turn in your fan card.

Nothing more pathetic than empty threats...

DaneMcCloud
retard true fans...never learn

"oh my god it's risky!"

"let's just draft OL..."

and we'll just continue to suck ass, fans and all...

if you believe in the QB, you get him....period

Apparently, the Chiefs didn't.

Furthermore, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE thought that Glen Dorsey was the best player in the draft.

Mario Williams had a tough rookie season as well.

OnTheWarpath15
How was the team with the 3rd pick that year good? Lets not forget how bad the Giants were that year.

And it wasn't due to a lack of talent.

Chiefnj2
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Why do people like Rey over Laurinaitis for MLB in a 4-3 defense?