PDA

View Full Version : Life Incredible footage of a dog rushing to save another dog

ZepSinger
12-03-2008, 10:45 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=774_1228266264

I've never seen anything like this before. Absolutely incredible IMO.

Z

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 11:08 PM
That is amazing. I can't stand to see when animals are hurt, but that was pretty cool.

Sure-Oz
12-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Wow, incredible

evolve27
12-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Dogs are awesome.

pr_capone
12-03-2008, 11:20 PM
very cool

KChiefsQT
12-03-2008, 11:58 PM
awwww, that was sad...

jidar
12-04-2008, 12:11 AM
dogs are the smartest and most loyal

dogs > cats
ty

TinyEvel
12-04-2008, 12:12 AM
I think that's very cool. Only other time I saw this was when we swatted a yellow jacket at our picnic table and another yellow jacket came and got him and flew him away.

Goldmember
12-04-2008, 01:14 AM

dogs > cats
ty

No, cats are just smart enough to know its best not to risk their life to "save" a flattened dead dog.

cabletech94
12-04-2008, 02:02 AM
So what? Is that it? What happened to the flat dog? I can't wait for the next episode.

Pablo
12-04-2008, 02:22 AM
No, cats are just smart enough to know its best not to risk their life to "save" a flattened dead dog.They're also smart enough to crawl up in engines to sleep.

JuicesFlowing
12-04-2008, 02:26 AM
So what? Is that it? What happened to the flat dog? I can't wait for the next episode.

:hmmm:

ChiefJustice
12-04-2008, 02:42 AM

dogs > cats
ty

Loyal...Dogs > Cats

Smartest....Cats > Dogs

http://www.innocentenglish.com/cute-animals/funny-animal-pics/cat-watermelon-helmet-img129d.jpg

Silock
12-04-2008, 02:43 AM
That's fucked up and cool at the same time.

BigRedChief
12-04-2008, 07:58 AM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=774_1228266264

I've never seen anything like this before. Absolutely incredible IMO.

Z
Hey you posted this now find us an update on the dogs.:)

Radar Chief
12-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Loyal...Dogs > Cats

Smartest....Cats > Dogs

http://www.innocentenglish.com/cute-animals/funny-animal-pics/cat-watermelon-helmet-img129d.jpg

Heh, yea. That’s why there are so many seeing eye cats leading the blind around.

Duck Dog
12-04-2008, 09:07 AM

I have retrievers smarter than you. Hell, I have retrievers smarter than most honor students.

jidar
12-04-2008, 09:17 AM
lol.

cats smarter than dogs. That's a good one.

Brock
12-04-2008, 09:17 AM
He was just hungry.

seclark
12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
He was just hungry.

oh my!ROFL
sec

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 09:38 AM
No, cats are just smart enough to know its best not to risk their life to "save" a flattened dead dog.

:spock:

Actually cats dont have souls and dont give a fuck about anything but themselves

RedThat
12-04-2008, 09:50 AM

Actually cats dont have souls and dont give a **** about anything but themselves

Ive heard that very many times, and I find that it all depends on the cat.
Every cat, just like a person has a personality.

But, one thing I do find is that most cats are usually independant. I do have a cat and he is very very affectionate and loving. And I love him. If Im feeling sad, or down he comes by rubs up against me and licks me. The great thing is, he knows, and has good senses. He is very keen and knows how to interact. That says a lot. I know it comes from an animal but its a form of love being given.

As far as you saying cats don't have souls, I don't find that to be true. At least not with all cats.

bkkcoh
12-04-2008, 09:55 AM
We had gone to the movies one night in another town. When we got back home one of our 2 dogs was going crazy. She kept running back to the backyard and then to the front yard. It almost seemed as if she was wanting us to see something in the backyard. We end up following her into the backyard and the other dog that we had was laying in the doghouse and it looked as if she had gotten hit by a car or something. Her front leg was really in bad shape. We ended up getting the injured dog into the car and made a late night trip to the vet to get her fixed up. I am sure that if it wouldn't have been for the other dog, she would have possibly been dead by morning.

Demonpenz
12-04-2008, 09:57 AM
my dog cat poop

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Cats make fantastic target practive due to their quickness and agility.

Taco John
12-04-2008, 10:25 AM
You're not supposed to move someone after a hit like that. Could do more spinal damage.

tooge
12-04-2008, 10:30 AM
that was cool. Dogs are the greatest.

Garcia Bronco
12-04-2008, 11:30 AM
LOL:

The difference between cats and dogs

Doggie Diary Entry:

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!Cat Diary Entry:
Day 983 of my captivity.
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.
In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.
Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow --but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.
The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously stupid.
The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now . . .

Garcia Bronco
12-04-2008, 11:33 AM
A dog thinks: Hey, those people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.....They must be gods!

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD width="50%">A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me...I must be a god.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Demonpenz
12-04-2008, 11:40 AM
A dog thinks: Hey, those people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.....They must be gods!

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD width="50%">A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm, dry house, pet me, and take good care of me...I must be a god.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I would never shoot a god with a super soaker at close range when they were napping

El Jefe
12-04-2008, 02:38 PM

dogs > cats
ty

QFT. Rep to you.

ClevelandBronco
12-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey, Mike Vick.

Kill yourself.

googlegoogle
12-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Cats are hunters just like the wild cats. Single and don't care about anybody except themselves.

Dogs are pack.

MOhillbilly
12-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Cats are hunters just like the wild cats. Single and don't care about anybody except themselves.

Dogs are pack.

ummmm.. never heard of a lions pride?

bogey
12-04-2008, 04:25 PM

I'm thikin' we don't want to know.

CHENZ A!
12-04-2008, 08:47 PM
you call it rescuing I call it humping. that dog had a red rocket for sure

Thig Lyfe
12-04-2008, 08:48 PM
my dog cat poop

Post of the Year.

Valiant
12-04-2008, 09:33 PM

Well one died, the other was taken to the shelter and put to sleep..

Honestly no idea, but considering it was not here in the US where the video came from we are not going to find out what happened to the alive dog, but that one is dead that got ran over a couple times..

Valiant
12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
ummmm.. never heard of a lions pride?

What happens when one of the lionesses gets sick?? They kick it out of the pride and let it die..

BWillie
12-05-2008, 12:40 AM

Actually cats dont have souls and dont give a **** about anything but themselves

That's why I love cats. People that are dog people have low self-esteem. They need some animal to come home to to jump up upon them, slobber all over the place, run around like a complete idiot, and worship this mighty giant who gives them food. To a dog, you are like a god. You leave, and they are sad. You come back and the sun has risen again. People like to feel like a god, and wanted therefore they like dogs. I do not need such validation from an animal, I prefer to get it from a human being.

Pablo
12-05-2008, 02:44 AM
That's why I love cats. People that are dog people have low self-esteem. They need some animal to come home to to jump up upon them, slobber all over the place, run around like a complete idiot, and worship this mighty giant who gives them food. To a dog, you are like a god. You leave, and they are sad. You come back and the sun has risen again. People like to feel like a god, and wanted therefore they like dogs. I do not need such validation from an animal, I prefer to get it from a human being.Get a gerbil then.

Cats are about as entertaining as gerbils...only gerbils won't ever attack your feet in the morning.

PastorMikH
12-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Stupid dog. Doesn't he realize his pal could have spinal injuries and should be immobilized on a spine board before attempting to move him?

Pretty cool actually.

PastorMikH
12-05-2008, 08:50 AM
But, one thing I do find is that most cats are usually independant. I do have a cat and he is very very affectionate and loving. And I love him. If Im feeling sad, or down he comes by rubs up against me and licks me. The great thing is, he knows, and has good senses. He is very keen and knows how to interact. That says a lot. I know it comes from an animal but its a form of love being given.

When we are feeling like you described, one of our cats will sense it and come up and bite us.

I prefer cats over dogs. Cats don't slobber all over you and cats aren't continuously underfoot trying to get attention from you.

morphius
12-05-2008, 08:55 AM

Actually cats dont have souls and dont give a fuck about anything but themselves
Actually my cat has been known to be protective of my kids, especially when they were babies.

MOhillbilly
12-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Actually my cat has been known to be protective of my kids, especially when they were babies.

do tell.

morphius
12-05-2008, 09:10 AM
do tell.
Well, the first thing he did was bite the wife when he thought she was making the boy cry, and when people would come over he would get in peoples faces and start growling when they tried to hold him and started to cry (you know, the you are not my Mom/Dad cry). Little things like that.

My lab would probably just ignore the kid and try to drop a ball at your feet to play fetch.

Radar Chief
12-05-2008, 09:20 AM
My lab would probably just ignore the kid and try to drop a ball at your feet to play fetch.

Mine stood guard over him 24/7 when we brought MiniRadar home, until we finally kicker her outside just so she would get some sleep.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
12-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Mine stood guard over him 24/7 when we brought MiniRadar home, until we finally kicker her outside just so she would get some sleep.

That's cute but a leeeeetle creepy.

Demonpenz
12-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I put my parents dog and cat (cat is alittle tiger crazy bastard) together for thanksgiving. I put a bowl of turkey between the cat (who is not fully grown) and the dog together and my dog just watched the cat eat the whole bowl of turkey while the dog just sat there. I wonder why that dog didn't bust the cats ass.

Demonpenz
12-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Dogs probably like to watch over babies because they want to eat that poop after the diapers are changed

jidar
12-05-2008, 09:57 AM
It is a scientific fact that dogs are smarter. Because of this they are able to be more loyal simply because they better understand what is going on around them.

Beyond that, there are advantages to having cats as pets. They are better pets for lazy people because they require very little upkeep, and being a lazy person myself this is something I appreciate.

Kerberos
12-05-2008, 10:03 AM
I think that's very cool. Only other time I saw this was when we swatted a yellow jacket at our picnic table and another yellow jacket came and got him and flew him away.

No man left behind kind of thing?

US Air Force Yellow Jackets.

Time's Yours
12-05-2008, 10:45 AM
That's why I love cats. People that are dog people have low self-esteem. They need some animal to come home to to jump up upon them, slobber all over the place, run around like a complete idiot, and worship this mighty giant who gives them food. To a dog, you are like a god. You leave, and they are sad. You come back and the sun has risen again. People like to feel like a god, and wanted therefore they like dogs. I do not need such validation from an animal, I prefer to get it from a human being.

Or its just way more fun to wrestle with a 150 lb great dane (and play tug and fetch) than it is to get a little cat to follow a gay piece of string.

Frazod
12-05-2008, 11:03 AM

A friend of mine who is married with a couple of kids had a very old cat that would generally sleep in one of the kid's rooms at night. A few days before Christmas one year, he noticed that the cat switched to sleeping at the front of the hall, and would not move from that spot at night. It turns out that a squirrel had gotten into the house and was hiding in the Christmas tree (and yes, this did result in a Griswold-style Christmas morning fiasco). As soon as the squirrel was removed, the cat went back to normal. My friend surmised that the cat was too old to catch the squirrel, but it spent the evenings guarding the bedrooms.

I can't catch you up there, but you're not getting past me. :D

jidar
12-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I own two cats and two dogs and this is pretty much how it's been my whole life. Multiples of both with somewhat varying numbers. I feel like I have a pretty good handle of both types so I'm going to tell you flat out that dogs are smarter.

The problem with this debate though is that it starts with the statement "Dogs are smarter than cats" but for some reason lots of people read it as "Dogs are better than cats". I'm not saying that at all, there are pros and cons to both pets, this is just a discussion of raw brain power.

Dogs are smarter. Because of this they are able to be more loyal simply because they better understand what is going on around them.

A dog will help an injured person or animal because it understands what is going on. If you fell down in a road and were laying there in pain, some dogs are smart enough that they will pull you out of the road to avoid getting hit by a car, a dog would even do the same for another animal. They will rescue you from drowning, they can tell when other people and animals are being aggressive to you or friendly and they act appropriately either to defend you or befriend the friend.
I could go on all day, but I think this is enough to get the point across. Dogs have an ability to learn and an awareness of the things that other people around them are doing.

If I walk my dog, once we start home, he knows the way and will lead ahead of me because we've done this many times before. If I turn to go other way then yell at him he realizes he doesn't know where we are going and stays with me. This didn't require training, he just understands. A dog can be taught to do things that are against it's nature, even minor habits. Everything from tricks to manners can be taught. Roll over, play dead, bark, don't bark, don't jump on people, etc.. etc..

I have two cats and they're good pets. From what I can tell my cats have no concerns that aren't driven from pure instinct. Eat, sleep, get affection. Everyone likes to say they're just being independent, but then by what measure do we say they're intelligent? They don't do anything and they can learn only the simplest things (can opener sound means food is coming, meow at a door to get out). If we have a person who can't be taught anything do we say they're geniuses but they're just independent? No we say they're just not that smart. Such is the case with cats. They have intelligence, but it isn't up to the canine standard.

Beyond that, there are advantages to having cats as pets. They are better pets for lazy people because they require very little upkeep and little to no training, and being a lazy person myself this is something I appreciate.
That said I realize that they are this way because they are fairly simply creatures.

Of course this debate will never end because there are dumb dogs, smart cats, good owners and bad owners, but overall the dogs have a general intellectual advantage and to me this seems obvious.

suds79
12-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Wow that's cool.

Kinda interesting where this thread as gone.

Is it just me or do dog people always try to find ways to point out how they're better than cats?

It seems like a lot of dog owners are just cat haters and I don't get that. If you don't like them, then don't own them. Simple.

We have cats mainly because we feel they're low maintenance (ex: going away on trips. Don't have to kennel them) but I'm really looking forward to getting a dog someday.

They're both great for different reasons.

Demonpenz
12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
For the athlete lover in me it is always fun to see even a house can tear across the room do a 90 degree angle jump 4 feet in the air stick to a couch then tear back across.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Dumbest Post of the Year 2008

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 12:30 PM
I own two cats and two dogs and this is pretty much how it's been my whole life. Multiples of both with somewhat varying numbers. I feel like I have a pretty good handle of both types so I'm going to tell you flat out that dogs are smarter.

The problem with this debate though is that it starts with the statement "Dogs are smarter than cats" but for some reason lots of people read it as "Dogs are better than cats". I'm not saying that at all, there are pros and cons to both pets, this is just a discussion of raw brain power.

Dogs are smarter. Because of this they are able to be more loyal simply because they better understand what is going on around them.

A dog will help an injured person or animal because it understands what is going on. If you fell down in a road and were laying there in pain, some dogs are smart enough that they will pull you out of the road to avoid getting hit by a car, a dog would even do the same for another animal. They will rescue you from drowning, they can tell when other people and animals are being aggressive to you or friendly and they act appropriately either to defend you or befriend the friend.
I could go on all day, but I think this is enough to get the point across. Dogs have an ability to learn and an awareness of the things that other people around them are doing.

If I walk my dog, once we start home, he knows the way and will lead ahead of me because we've done this many times before. If I turn to go other way then yell at him he realizes he doesn't know where we are going and stays with me. This didn't require training, he just understands. A dog can be taught to do things that are against it's nature, even minor habits. Everything from tricks to manners can be taught. Roll over, play dead, bark, don't bark, don't jump on people, etc.. etc..

I have two cats and they're good pets. From what I can tell my cats have no concerns that aren't driven from pure instinct. Eat, sleep, get affection. Everyone likes to say they're just being independent, but then by what measure do we say they're intelligent? They don't do anything and they can learn only the simplest things (can opener sound means food is coming, meow at a door to get out). If we have a person who can't be taught anything do we say they're geniuses but they're just independent? No we say they're just not that smart. Such is the case with cats. They have intelligence, but it isn't up to the canine standard.

Beyond that, there are advantages to having cats as pets. They are better pets for lazy people because they require very little upkeep and little to no training, and being a lazy person myself this is something I appreciate.
That said I realize that they are this way because they are fairly simply creatures.

Of course this debate will never end because there are dumb dogs, smart cats, good owners and bad owners, but overall the dogs have a general intellectual advantage and to me this seems obvious.

This.

Demonpenz
12-05-2008, 12:31 PM

:clap:

Otter
12-05-2008, 12:34 PM

Absurd!!!

Haven't you seen the bomb sniffing cats at the airport? Or how about the seeing eye cats leading a blind person down the street? Or the trained guard cats guarding military bases?

Plain silly.

seclark
12-05-2008, 12:37 PM
this thread should be moved to the dc(dog/cat) forum.
sec

morphius
12-05-2008, 01:09 PM
My daughter was born after we had the dog, she couldn't throw a ball so the dog wasn't that interested, and even now isn't interested because she can't throw it far enough to her liking.

Radar Chief
12-05-2008, 02:08 PM
My daughter was born after we had the dog, she couldn't throw a ball so the dog wasn't that interested, and even now isn't interested because she can't throw it far enough to her liking.

Phoebe had been with us long enough she was part of the family, she literally watched over him like her own puppy. But Phoebe the Jeep dog was a very good girl, very special to us.
My new dog tries to play with him but she’s just too big, clumsy and spastic.

loochy
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
I think the "rescuing dog" was just hungry and needed a snack.

penguinz
12-05-2008, 02:52 PM
any piece of roadkill > cats
tyFYP

memyselfI
12-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Did the dog live? What a video. I need a Kleenex.

memyselfI
12-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Ive heard that very many times, and I find that it all depends on the cat.
Every cat, just like a person has a personality.

As far as you saying cats don't have souls, I don't find that to be true. At least not with all cats.

Ditto. Cats are excellent and loyal companions in a different way than dogs. Dogs tend to live to love while cats love to live. A dog's universe is it's owner while a cat's universe merely includes their owner.

I personally like cats more than dogs because neediness makes me crazy. My late cat (RIP, I miss him) was the best mix of both that I could ever imagine. He was intensely independent but loyal to a fault. When we were gone during the day he loved to be off doing his thing but when we were home he loved being in the middle of us. He was one of us.

seclark
12-05-2008, 03:09 PM
My late cat (RIP, I miss him) was the best mix of both that I could ever imagine. He was intensely independent but loyal to a fault. When we were gone during the day he loved to be off doing his thing but when we were home he loved being in the middle of us. He was one of us.
is that the one your husband had put down?
sec

memyselfI
12-05-2008, 03:28 PM
is that the one your husband had put down?
sec

No, I had to do it. He had advanced kidney failure and was 16+. He just would not die on his own and was at a very bad phase of the last stage of advanced kidney failure. I hope I caught it before he got to the worst stage.

He was probably the kindest soul I have ever or will ever know of any species.

bizzar54
12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Back in the early college days I was at Demonpenz parents house, I believe it was about 2 in the morning or so, we were rocking the Dreamcast with some NFL2K. Demon was playing while I rummaged through the pantry. All of a sudden there was a little blur, so I moved a couple of boxes to see what it was, low and behold it was a mouse. Not wanting to wake his parents I called to Demon to come take a look, granted I type as if I was calm but I was probably shrilling like a 13 year old girl. At said time Demon's parents owned a black lab and an old cat. So we tried to lure the cat into the pantry, well that old bastard wanted no part. His face just said I am tired leave me the **** alone. Well Demon actually grabbed the cat pretty much threw it at the mouse and the cat just ran away. So while we are laughing the mouse scampers like Kimble Anders across the kitchen floor and hides behind the dog kennel. So we tried to see if Pepper (black lab) would be of assistance. We lure her into the kitchen and slowly move the kennel and the next 2 minutes were griswald style. Pepper was chasing that damn thing slamming into the walls we are yelling and laughing. Demon's parents wake up, his dad is yelling at us "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE", meanwhile we look down and all you can see is a little tail sticking out of Peppers mouth. So naturally we yell at the dog not to eat it, she goes into the parents bedroom to put it on display, spitting out the slobbery busted ass mouse with at least one if not two broken legs. The mouse makes a half ass effort to get away without being noticed but Pepper slammed her paw down as to say "nice try". At this point his dad is laughing his ass off meanwhile his mom is yelling at us to get that thing out and how gross it is. Man we still laugh at that damn story.

undercover
12-05-2008, 04:56 PM

Funny thing...That sounds like every man I know!! :D

memyselfI
12-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Funny thing...That sounds like every man I know!! :D

Ouch. ROFL