PDA

View Full Version : Life Wondering if this has actually ever happened to somebody.

Direckshun
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM
You're hanging out with some friends, and you make a joke.

One of your friends is unexpectedly (to you) offended by that joke. Asks you "what you mean" by it.

You explain it was just a joke.

And then they ask THE QUESTION: "what's so funny about that?"

I know that, in my lifetime, this question has never yeilded an answer that has actually made the questioner laugh.

Has anybody ever managed to make somebody laugh after they asked you that question?

Step up now and proclaim thyself a god.

dj56dt58
12-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I just dont hang out with pussies that get offended

Pablo
12-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I watched Goodfellas once..that count?

KcMizzou
12-03-2008, 11:43 PM
I watched Goodfellas once..that count?Close enough for me.

It's no fun if you don't tell us what the joke was.

luv
12-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Just point at him and laugh.

88TG88
12-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Yes, how was I supposed to know poor people jokes aren't funny.

TinyEvel
12-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Did it have something to do with Brazil nuts?

Taco John
12-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Once back in the day, I went with a friend to an after bar party at some friend of his. It was cool. We were hanging out, having a couple of beers, smoking a bowl, playing Goldeneye. Regular college guy stuff.

So things are cool. I'm mostly hanging out with some guys that I don't know, other than the buddy who took me there, and having a good time. I'm playing the game, and something happened that wasn't right - I didn't get a gun, or I shot someone and they didn't go down like I thought they should - I don't quite remember. And I blurt out "AW MAN! I got JIPPED!"

Suddenly the room fell dead silent, and eyes got big, searching the room for the wierder looking guy of the group who was looking incredulous.

"Hey man! I'm full blooded Gypsy! Let's go easy on the slurs while you're enjoying my hospitality, huh!?"

This was my stark introduction to the fact that "jipped" is actually "gypped." I felt like I had stepped on a rake.

I apologized and explained that I had never put two and two together and made the connection that word was a racial slur. It had always just been a throw away word for me. Everything was cool after that, but I felt like a heel for the faux pas.

Pablo
12-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Once back in the day, I went with a friend to an after bar party at some friend of his. It was cool. We were hanging out, having a couple of beers, smoking a bowl, playing Goldeneye. Regular college guy stuff.

So things are cool. I'm mostly hanging out with some guys that I don't know, other than the buddy who took me there, and having a good time. I'm playing the game, and something happened that wasn't right - I didn't get a gun, or I shot someone and they didn't go down like I thought they should - I don't quite remember. And I blurt out "AW MAN! I got JIPPED!"

Suddenly the room fell dead silent, and eyes got big, searching the room for the wierder looking guy of the group who was looking incredulous.

"Hey man! I'm full blooded Gypsy! Let's go easy on the slurs while you're enjoying my hospitality, huh!?"

This was my stark introduction to the fact that "jipped" is actually "gypped." I felt like I had stepped on a rake.

I apologized and explained that I had never put two and two together and made the connection that word was a racial slur. It had always just been a throw away word for me. Everything was cool after that, but I felt like a heel for the faux pas.What race are Gypsys again?

Hammock Parties
12-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I once got banned on an internet forum for throwing out the n-word.

Basileus777
12-04-2008, 02:10 AM
What race are Gypsys again?

I believe the Roma originally came from South Asia. They are a pretty mixed group though.

blueballs
12-04-2008, 03:54 AM
I'd make a joke about your mother
but then you would tell me she just recently passed away

ChiefJustice
12-04-2008, 04:14 AM

You are the poster boy for a joke that doesn't get a laugh.:thumb:

kcxiv
12-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Naw, me and my friends been cracking jokes since we were in grade school. NOw if you do that to a stranger you may have to expect a negative reaction. Honestly, there are just some people that cant take a joke.

My best friend once busted a Corona bottle over some dudes face then beat the living shit out of him for saying a mom joke to him, but he didnt even know that guy. He was also drunk.

Braincase
12-04-2008, 06:28 AM

The exceptionally attractive are very sensitive to the word "narcissism" being bandied about. Watch it, bud... we're everywhere.

EyePod
12-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Worst thing that ever happened to me was at a party. We were all drinking, having a good time, and then my friend (his parents are from India, so he's a brown guy) who likes to joke around that he's white (his 3 loves in life are baseball, football, and NASCAR) did something very stupid. We made both cups while playing beer pong, so we would get shoot again. Right after this, my friend (the brown one) yells, "WHITE POWER!" It reminded me of the movies where the DJ's music skids to a halt... Every person at the party looked at us (mind you there were about 5-6 black people). I didn't know what to do so I said "says the brown kid?" Then I decided to go over to the one black kid who we were playing against and said, "Man, who fucking invited this kid?" (Everyone knew that I'd brought him). Let's just say that no one freaked out, but it did make it very uncomfortable for a littel while.

Lesson Learned:
Do not yell "White Power" anywhere where non-caucasians are. No matter what. Even if you're not a caucasian. Really.

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 08:45 AM

This

seclark
12-04-2008, 08:54 AM
words of wisdom from my poor old dying grandmother:
"f@ckem if they can't take a joke."
sec

Demonpenz
12-04-2008, 08:56 AM
HAY...I LIKE NASCAR!

kepp
12-04-2008, 09:24 AM

+1

Brock
12-04-2008, 09:27 AM
"Full blooded gypsy"? Yeah, what the fuck ever.

jidar
12-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Worst thing that ever happened to me was at a party. We were all drinking, having a good time, and then my friend (his parents are from India, so he's a brown guy) who likes to joke around that he's white (his 3 loves in life are baseball, football, and NASCAR) did something very stupid. We made both cups while playing beer pong, so we would get shoot again. Right after this, my friend (the brown one) yells, "WHITE POWER!" It reminded me of the movies where the DJ's music skids to a halt... Every person at the party looked at us (mind you there were about 5-6 black people). I didn't know what to do so I said "says the brown kid?" Then I decided to go over to the one black kid who we were playing against and said, "Man, who ****ing invited this kid?" (Everyone knew that I'd brought him). Let's just say that no one freaked out, but it did make it very uncomfortable for a littel while.

Lesson Learned:
Do not yell "White Power" anywhere where non-caucasians are. No matter what. Even if you're not a caucasian. Really.

LOL great story

burt
12-04-2008, 09:32 AM
LOL great story

WHITE POWER!!!!

Rausch
12-04-2008, 09:32 AM
"Full blooded gypsy"? Yeah, what the **** ever.

LMAO

Demonpenz
12-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Not that it matters but those "record skipping" moments has happened 100 times or so in my life time. The last time it happened was at the MU KU game where I was running my mouth because I hate running the spread...into the wind throwing a 30 yard pass to the opposite side of the field. Anyway I Stood up and started clapping WHOOO NO national Championchips, no scoreboard, no bcs wins whoooo we freaking ruuuuuuuuuleeeee

burt
12-04-2008, 09:42 AM
I tend to be very meek and quiet...so I have NEVER had this happen to me.

Rausch
12-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I remember being at a St. Patty's bash in Rolla before we went to some frat and other than me and my friend there was only one other guy in the hotel party (probably 14-15 gals.) So I walk in from the "tied-room," where the keg was, into to the next one where everyone (one guy, about 8 chicks) were sitting in a circle and talking all serious.

Suddenly the guy says "Yeah, people don't look at gay and lesbian the same."

Of course I jump in with "Yeah, it's funny. You go to a party and a bunch of fellas' will pay to watch two chicks kiss but later on they'll say all pillowbiters should die..."

The whole room gets quiet.

Apparently, the lone dude was gay.

The room pretty much clears out, all girls leave insulted, and few of the girls give me dirty looks. I had no idea. The guy comes up and says "Yep man, pretty much." Then he just looks at me.

So I asked if he was a "pinky-up gay too good to get drunk on beer" or if he was going to grab me one.

"Uh, yeah. Hold on."

Because of the way I look and dress people were waiting for a fight or some odd moment but me and the lone-rump-ranger got along just fine.

It all worked out in my favor. He gave me some nice tips on how to "first time" a gal while everyone else was busy talking about Rausch the gay-hater or heading next door for Sonic.

Nein, anal jedi, I'm all ears. You know your stuff. Speak...

kepp
12-04-2008, 10:08 AM
...anal jedi...

ROFL NTTAWWT

Rain Man
12-04-2008, 11:55 AM
When I was in high school and college, I worked at a restaurant. I worked a lot of closing shifts, and we would put all of the chairs up on top of the tables for vacuuming. Then, once a week or so, this family would come out of the woods to do a carpet cleaning and other janitorial work. This family was really backwards - a dad, a mom, and two daughters who were about my age. This was one of those families that eats road kill and stuff - I'm talking really back-woodsy, but they were nice and we all got along. The daughters would flirt with the guys, me included. If you put them in a nice salon and give them clothes, they would probably rise to an average level of attractiveness if they didn't talk, but in their regular state they were more in the 3-point range.

Like I said, though, nice folk, so we all got along fine.

So one night they're doing the carpet cleaning and another guy and I are closing down the restaurant, and one of the daughters came back to our area. We'd put the chairs on the tables and they were finishing up their work.

"Hey," she says, "can y'all put the chairs down for me?"

"Okay", I quipped. "Hey chairs, you're ugly."

The other dishwasher laughed, and I smiled at my little pun, and the hillbilly girl suddenly burst into tears. "WHY DID YOU CALL ME UGLY?", she yelled, and ran off.

The other dishwasher, a friend of mine, chased her down, as did I, and we tried to explain the joke to her, but she was inconsolable. She stalked off.

Then about ten minutes later, the dad comes in. "Why in hell did you call my daughter ugly?" he demanded.

The other dishwasher and I tried to explain the joke, but this guy wasn't buying it. From that point on, the relationship was ruined. Whenever we worked together, I'd just get glared at. Fortunately, for some reason they quit or were let go not long afterwards, but it was quite awkward, and somewhere to this day some hillbilly family probably still thinks I'm the biggest jerk ever.

Pablo
12-04-2008, 12:44 PM
"Full blooded gypsy"? Yeah, what the **** ever.My initial reaction as well.

Demonpenz
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM
so if you toss a gypsy a quarter can he make you big?

The Franchise
12-04-2008, 01:19 PM

I apologized and explained that I had never put two and two together and made the connection that word was a racial slur. It had always just been a throw away word for me. Everything was cool after that, but I felt like a heel for the faux pas.

I've had this happen twice to me.

Once I was sitting around with two of my friends watching sports and they invited one of their buddies over to watch it with us and drink some beers. So we're sitting there and there was some play where Notre Dame got screwed over (shutup) and I yelled out....."Man...we just got jewed!" Now I'm not antisemitic or anything....it's just something I've said for a long time. I don't mean any disrespect by it and I don't hate Jewish people at all. The guy looks over at me and goes "Dude...I'm fucking Jewish....you have a problem?" I told him that I didn't...and then he comes back with this. "Better yet....I'm Jewish and you have a bigger nose than I do." That was the end of that....I about spit out my beer laughing so hard.

The other time was with a friend and I said the same line and he came back with..."Dude....fuck you...I'm half-Jewish." Umm yeah....I'm pretty sure you can't be HALF a religion.

Demonpenz
12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I've had this happen twice to me.

Once I was sitting around with two of my friends watching sports and they invited one of their buddies over to watch it with us and drink some beers. So we're sitting there and there was some play where Notre Dame got screwed over (shutup) and I yelled out....."Man...we just got jewed!" Now I'm not antisemitic or anything....it's just something I've said for a long time. I don't mean any disrespect by it and I don't hate Jewish people at all. The guy looks over at me and goes "Dude...I'm ****ing Jewish....you have a problem?" I told him that I didn't...and then he comes back with this. "Better yet....I'm Jewish and you have a bigger nose than I do." That was the end of that....I about spit out my beer laughing so hard.

The other time was with a friend and I said the same line and he came back with..."Dude....**** you...I'm half-Jewish." Umm yeah....I'm pretty sure you can't be HALF a religion.

THIS!

I hate when people say half jew or quarter jew. you can't be half an religion exactly :clap:

Rausch
12-04-2008, 01:35 PM

You should have told him to suck it up 'cause ain't nobody knows or gives a fat frog fart WTF a gypsy is anyway, but you're a b e a n e r.

People know who they are...

Frazod
12-04-2008, 02:01 PM

Wow, I never knew that. Reminds me of the first time I realized the racial connotations of the word "jewed," which was a word I heard used frequently growing up and simply accepted without understanding its true meaning.

Of course, one is not likely to encounter many Jews or Gypsies in small town Missouri.

burt
12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Because of the way I look and dress people were waiting for a fight .

I know I want to kick your ass.........

ModSocks
12-04-2008, 03:17 PM
One time i was sitting around with my girl and her friend, and her friend's black friend smoking a blunt. Now, i have two cats; a gray cat and a black cat. (you guys can probably see where this is going). I call the gray cat "The gray one" and i call the black cat "N*****" the black cat jumped to the top of the entertainment center and almost knocked a picture down, so my stoner ass yelled, "N*****!!" I completely forgot the black friend was sitting there. He pretended like it didn't happen. That was awkward.