PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Email from a Chiefs Sales Rep

beavis
12-04-2008, 05:08 PM
So I received an email today from the Chiefs asking me to buy season tickets for the 2009 season. It came from an individual person rather than a generic no reply email address, so I decided to see what his pitch was. His replies just make me shake my head. The last one, I couldn't even come up with a response for. Next post will contain the email.

beavis
12-04-2008, 05:08 PM
RE: Kansas City Chiefs
Thursday, December 4, 2008 3:57 PM
To: beavis@yahoo.com

Beavis

I will write your name down. I have to tell you though, I have a long list of people who will buy as soon as Herm and Carl are no longer here. If you get a deposit down today for only $100 per seat you

are guaranteed great seat locations for 2009. Herm and Carl could be gone, they could not. Worst case scenario you have great seats, or you can simply apply that deposit to single game tickets next

year. If you wait, you might not have a shot. Think it over and let me know. If not, I will hold your name and contact you at a later date.

Sincerely,

Chiefs Salesguy | Sales Representative
Kansas City Chiefs Football Club
P: XXX.XXX.XXXX I C: XXX.XXX.XXXX I F: XXX.XXX.XXXX
One Arrowhead Drive I Kansas City, MO 64129

This email was sent to you by the Kansas City Chiefs Football Club at One Arrowhead Dr., Kansas City, Missouri 64129. Please click unsubscribe and complete the requested information if you wish to opt

-out from future Chiefs communications.

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:49 PM
To: Chiefs Salesguy
Subject: RE: Kansas City Chiefs

I tell you what. Write my name down. As soon as Herm is fired and Carl resigns, I'll be the first in line to buy tickets.

--- On Thu, 12/4/08, Chiefs Salesguy wrote:

Subject: RE: Kansas City Chiefs
To: beavis@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 3:41 PM

Beavis

For many years there was a waiting list. There no longer is. Right now is the perfect time to become a season ticket holder if you have ever thought of becoming one. All you need to do is put down a

deposit of $100 per seat and we can lock you into guaranteed seat locations. Once Season Ticket prices are released you can either move forward on being a 2009 Chiefs Season Ticket Holder OR use the

deposit for 2009 Single Game Tickets. We have great seats available for season tickets. The locations that we have open have not been available for the better part of a decade. Just let me know if you

would like get discuss seat locations and get a deposit down. Thanks!

Best

This email was sent to you by the Kansas City Chiefs Football Club at One Arrowhead Dr., Kansas City, Missouri 64129. Please click unsubscribe and complete the requested information if you wish to opt

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:32 PM
To: Chiefs Salesguy
Subject: Re: Kansas City Chiefs

I was under the impression that there was a waiting list to obtain season tickets. Is this not the case?

--- On Thu, 12/4/08, Chiefs Salesguy wrote:

Subject: Kansas City Chiefs
To: Beavis
Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 2:22 PM

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and are looking forward to the Holiday’s! As we head into the final stretch of the 2008 season, your Kansas City Chiefs are showing young talent and competitive

play. With only 2 home games remaining this season, don’t miss the opportunity to see your Chiefs take on the San Diego Chargers (December 14th) and the Miami Dolphins (December 21st). Kickoff is at

noon for both games and tickets are currently available. If you have any questions about special promotions or exciting new ticket offers, you can contact me directly at XXX-XXX-XXXX or via email at

chiefs.salesguy@chiefs.nfl.com

Also, now is the perfect time to submit 2009 Season Ticket Deposits for the New Arrowhead Stadium and beyond. By submitting a deposit during the 2008 season, you’re setting yourself up with a

beneficial priority date and you’ll have the opportunity to relocate/upgrade your seats before fans who wait.

Benefits of early season ticket deposit:

- ONLY $100 per seat required to GUARANTEE exact seat locations

- EARLY deposit = BETTER seat locations

- Opportunity to participate in the annual SEAT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM

* * * Solidify your spot as a 2009 Season Ticket Holder TODAY ($100 PER SEAT) * * *

3 Ways to Lock in 2009 Season Tickets:

1) CALL Chiefs Salesguy DIRECTLY AT XXX-XXX-XXXX OR EMAIL ME AT chiefs.salesguy@chiefs.nfl.com
2) Fill Out and E-Mail Attached Order Form to chiefs.salesguy@chiefs.nfl.com
3) Fill Out and Fax Attached Order Form to XXX-XXX-XXXX

* * Upon completion of your 2009 Season Ticket Deposit (non-refundable), you are granted a PRIORITY that entitles you to SENIORITY over all orders submitted thereafter.

2009 Chiefs Home Opponents (Most exciting home schedule in the NFL):

- Dallas Cowboys
- New York Giants
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Denver Broncos
- San Diego Chargers
- Oakland Raiders
- Cleveland Browns
- Two Preseason Games TBD
- One AFC East Opponent

Season Ticket Pricing (2008):
Red View: $390 (2009 Price: TBD)
Red Reserve: $590 (2009 Price: TBD)
Red Select: $780 (2009 Price: TBD)
Field Level-Touchdown Zone: $760 (2009 Price: TBD) available through hospitality membership(s)
Field Level-Red Zone: $840 (2009 Price: TBD) available through hospitality membership(s)
** Arrowhead Stadium Map: http://www.kcchiefs.com/seating/view.htm (For a SEAT VISUAL, click and hold cursor on desired section)

VIP Club Level Premium Seats:
The new VIP Club Level is by far the place to be on game day! Secure this high demanded VIP Club Level experience for clients or your personal use today. Private entrances and escalators, upscale dining

and resort-style restrooms all contained in a spacious, fully enclosed climate controlled concourse makes for an unforgettable experience like no other in the NFL.
** Contact me directly to discuss pricing, amenities and benefits of being a VIP Club Level season ticket holder…or visit: http://www.kcchiefs.com/newvip

By submitting a $100 deposit per seat, you guarantee exact locations for 2009 and beyond. Once Season Ticket prices are released you can either move forward on being a 2009 Chiefs Season Ticket Holder

OR use the deposit for 2009 Single Game Tickets. Feel free to contact me with any questions or for further information. As always, I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

JuicesFlowing
12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I got a call today from someone selling Chiefs single game tix for the Chargers game. I have no idea who it was (my wife answered) but it's the first time anyone from the Chiefs has called personally trying to sell tix.

Sam Hall
12-04-2008, 05:54 PM
They are going to get destroyed at home next year.

beavis
12-04-2008, 05:56 PM
This is the line that floored me.

I have to tell you though, I have a long list of people who will buy as soon as Herm and Carl are no longer here.

This is their biggest selling point? They might fire the clowns in charge?

Deberg_1990
12-04-2008, 05:58 PM

They really said that?? Wow...

beavis
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
They really said that?? Wow...

I sh*t you not. That entire post is verbatim. I just removed the names and email addresses.

kc rush
12-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I sh*t you not. That entire post is verbatim. I just removed the names and email addresses.

Thanks for protecting the innocent there Beavis. I'm on that long list as well.

FringeNC
12-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I have to tell you though, I have a long list of people who will buy as soon as Herm and Carl are no longer here.

ROFL

Clark needs that information.

Rain Man
12-04-2008, 07:06 PM
You have to give the sales guy credit. That was a pretty well thought-out response.

TrickyNicky
12-04-2008, 07:59 PM
They are going to get destroyed at home next year.

Thats what I was thinking.

Home against Giants, Steelers, and Cowboys, plus they play Washington, Philly, and Baltimore on the road. Ouch. Looks like we may have another top 10 pick even if we do improve a little.

MahiMike
12-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Is this a real person? I would think management wouldn't like that sales pitch. I, for one, love it myself.

beavis
12-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Is this a real person? I would think management wouldn't like that sales pitch. I, for one, love it myself.

If it wasn't a real person, it's the smartest robot I've ever dealt with.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-04-2008, 10:59 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

Sounds like the people who sell tickets to the Shrine Circus are having a better go than the Chiefs!
LMAO

That is SO AWESOME in its utter and complete sadness...LMAO

"Beavis, for a deposit of only $1,000.00, you can have the BEST VIEW IN THE WHOLE PORT-A POTTY"!!!
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Fuck ME; post of the day and mad, mad REP!

cabletech94
12-05-2008, 02:07 AM
- Dallas Cowboys
- New York Giants
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Denver Broncos
- San Diego Chargers
- Oakland Raiders
- Cleveland Browns
- Two Preseason Games TBD
- One AFC East Opponent

I didn't realize it was gonna be this bad. DAMN!!!!

We're as doomed as doomed can be.

BryanBusby
12-05-2008, 02:21 AM
I have a long list of people who will buy as soon as Herm and Carl are no longer here.
This needs to be forwarded to Clark Hunt.

Reerun_KC
12-05-2008, 03:06 AM
Absolutely beautiful....

stumppy
12-05-2008, 03:18 AM
I'm a little confused by the whole $100 deposit. He seemed to be a little vague about what the deposit can be used for.

Reerun_KC
12-05-2008, 03:19 AM
I'm a little confused by the whole $100 deposit. He seemed to be a little vague about what the deposit can be used for.

LMAO

Maybe it can be applied to parking?

Reerun_KC
12-05-2008, 03:20 AM
Its really hard to believe the people wont go see this competitive improving product that Herm is building here in KC...

stumppy
12-05-2008, 03:33 AM
LMAO

Maybe it can be applied to parking?

If he would just say it would be applied to the new Head coaches salary the mofo would make salesman of the year.

12-05-2008, 03:34 AM
This used to be a mere snowball at the top of a hill.

Reerun_KC
12-05-2008, 03:43 AM
If he would just say it would be applied to the new Head coaches salary the mofo would make salesman of the year.

No shit, it would sell out in a heart beat... I can imagine the day when Herm and Carl are gone, those freaking phones will ring non stop until all the seats are sold..

Hell I will even buy tickets again... I cant wait to go back to Arrowhead!

beavis
12-05-2008, 03:50 AM
This needs to be forwarded to Clark Hunt.

I'd considered it, but I don't really want to get the guy in trouble. I mean, he's just doing his job. I bet a lot of us are employed by idiots also.

PhillyChiefFan
12-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Thats what I was thinking.

Home against Giants, Steelers, and Cowboys, plus they play Washington, Philly, and Baltimore on the road. Ouch. Looks like we may have another top 10 pick even if we do improve a little.

oh...dear...god

ottawa_chiefs_fan
12-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I'd considered it, but I don't really want to get the guy in trouble. I mean, he's just doing his job. I bet a lot of us are employed by idiots also.

True this - can you imagine a worse product to be trying to sell in this economy with this team??? the poor bastard...

|Zach|
12-05-2008, 11:26 AM
So, I kind of let this thing out of the bag...

Blog post... http://www.zachishere.com/2008/12/05/chiefs-sales-guy-long-list-of-people-who-will-buy-as-soon-as-herm-and-carl-are-no-longer-here/

Picked up by Pitch Blog... http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2008/12/stealing_time_3.php

Picked up by TKC... http://www.tonyskansascity.com/2008/12/chiefs-season-ticket-conversation.html

(one of the most trafficked KC-Centric blogs)

chiefsngop
12-05-2008, 12:48 PM

I'm sure it was, I totally believe this. I too, received a phone call a few games back trying to sell me single game tickets.

I told the sales guy, "hey when Herm gets canned, call me back and you'll get my credit card number."

To which the sales guy replied "yeah, I've heard that alot today, can't really give you my opinion on it because of where I work, but I'm a huge Chiefs fan too, so I'm sure you know we're all in the same boat."

I was floored by it, I remember thinking that this guy must not have been too concerned that his calls were being recorded or anything.

chiefsngop
12-05-2008, 12:50 PM

Blog post... http://www.zachishere.com/2008/12/05/chiefs-sales-guy-long-list-of-people-who-will-buy-as-soon-as-herm-and-carl-are-no-longer-here/

Picked up by Pitch Blog... http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2008/12/stealing_time_3.php

Picked up by TKC... http://www.tonyskansascity.com/2008/12/chiefs-season-ticket-conversation.html

Man, I can just see Carl or Soccer mom Clark getting ahold of this, and putting their marketing manager on a mission to track down the sales guy who issued the emails. Poor bastard is probably moments away from the unemployment line.

|Zach|
12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Linked on Deadspin... http://deadspin.com/5102408/morning-blogdome-youre-a-good-man-charlie-rogers

Sam Hall
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
The firing of Herm and Carl may not be enough to raise ticket sales. I realize the schedule is made years in advance, but the AFC West has no business playing the NFC East. The joke about the AFC West not deserving a playoff team won't be funny next year. The Chiefs' mystery opponents might as well be New England and Indianapolis.

Edit: I guess this is good news if you go to Chiefs games to watch the other team.

beavis
12-05-2008, 05:36 PM

Too funny.

chiefsngop
12-06-2008, 11:20 AM
The firing of Herm and Carl may not be enough to raise ticket sales. I realize the schedule is made years in advance, but the AFC West has no business playing the NFC East. The joke about the AFC West not deserving a playoff team won't be funny next year. The Chiefs' mystery opponents might as well be New England and Indianapolis.

Edit: I guess this is good news if you go to Chiefs games to watch the other team.

God, I never thought Arrowhead Stadium would end up working like The K.

Empty against a divison opponent, and full when a big name opponent comes to town.

I'd dread seeing the "sea of red" turning into the sea of "whatever color the opponent is wearing" like when you go see the Royals play the Yanks.

eazyb81
12-08-2008, 12:46 PM

This guy is a total retard. Tony, not Zach.

|Zach|
12-09-2008, 11:05 PM
This guy is a total retard. Tony, not Zach.

You know its really interesting.

There are not a lot of sites that are KC-Centric that get more traffic...it is thought of as "the" KC blog. Has a lot of influence and readership in the area.

The guy is totally offensive and cynical. It really brings out the worst in a person but people LOVE to hate him.

And what people don't understand is that through all the time they spend rolling their eyes and blasting the guy for being a prick they are reading and taking in news about Kansas City.

There isn't a better news source in this whole city when you strip away the schtick that draws people to the information.